Microsoft Publisher Reviews

February 04, 2021
Kristen Lysobey | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft Publisher was extremely useful as we set up our medical practice. We used it extensively to construct all of our informational sheets for patients.
  • Affordable.
  • Variety of templates are useful.
  • Easy to use.
  • Spellcheck does not always catch errors in medical terms.
  • Does not seem to work on Apple products, which is fine for use at work, but does [not] let me work on it from my MacBook at home.
I can only say that it did everything that we needed it to. If we were in another business and had other needs, perhaps we would find a scenario in which it would not work? But we did not need anything complicated, just professional looking educational material for our patients.
Read Kristen Lysobey's full review
March 18, 2020
Kathryn Juarez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Microsoft Publisher for all of my newsletters and reports as well as invitations and ads.
  • Extremely user-friendly.
  • Easily converts to image files and PDF.
  • Simple maneuverability.
  • Less expensive alternative to high-end graphics programs.
  • Would like more built-in graphics.
  • Would like smaller file size.
  • Would like the ability to curve text.
Microsoft Publisher is perfect for desktop publishing, simple designs and graphics. The program is not well suited for graphic design work.
While I have not directly used support for Microsoft Publisher, I have used their help files and found them to be useful. I have also found that most answers that I need can be found through simple web searches and chat platforms. In all though, there are very few times when the preloaded help files have not given me the answers that I need.
Read Kathryn Juarez's full review
February 03, 2020
Nicolas Hanhan | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Microsoft Publisher to create course flyers. Microsoft Publisher is used on an individual basis across the organization.
  • Easy create newsletters and flyers
  • Many templates to choose from
  • It doesn't have similar layout as other Microsoft applications such as Word and PowerPoint.
  • A little expensive compared to publishing software.
Microsoft Publisher is suitable for use in creating an event invitation on campus and course flyers to be placed on announcement boards. While it has the capability of publishing web pages, I think there is better software to create web pages.
I think Microsoft Publisher is very user-friendly and straightforward to use. I can create what I need in a short time.
Read Nicolas Hanhan's full review
February 03, 2020
Matthew Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Right now, we use Microsoft Publisher, specifically in one department, which is the safety department. Every month we have meeting minutes recorded from our safety meeting and post the minutes on our website. I use Microsoft Publisher to edit the minutes into an eNewsletter to send out to all employees and make them aware of new safety action items
  • Developing eNewsletters
  • Mass email sending
  • Some of its interface felt a little dated
  • Limited integration from other Microsoft programs
If you have a large company and want to send flyers or newsletters to all employees or clients, then it’s a great way to bring that to one place. It’s great for news updates. I would avoid trying to use this as a marketing program. Microsoft Publisher is great for making templates.
I feel Microsoft Publisher does exactly what it’s name implies, it turns you lists and info is into PDF or other versions. You can develop and email list.
Read Matthew Smith's full review

Microsoft Publisher Scorecard Summary

What is Microsoft Publisher?

Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application available with an Office 365 subscription, or as a standalone download.