MINDBODY is business management software for gyms and spas, as well as fitness and yoga studios built around appointment scheduling and online bookings and calendaring, from the company of the same name in San Luis Obispo, California. Notably, the platform also contains marketing automation to maintain club member engagement, and enrollment.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/xa/uS/FNS9ZP35CH1M.pngFancy but not worth it.We used MINDBODY as a point of sale for recurring gym memberships.,It has a lot of of bells and whistles Easy to learn Can run several reports.,Constant very substantial rate increases Customer support is lacking.,1,It was worth the price in the beginning. Not at the end. I lost quite a bit of client information in the final transfer that has created a financial hardship for my businessMindBody- Your fitness experience all in one!MindBody is a scheduling software that a lot of yoga and pilates studios use. I actually use mind body at both of my jobs as a pilates instructor. Clients are able to sign up for my classes online, buy new packages, save their favorite studios, and cancel their classes as well. Everyone in the two pilates studios I work at use MindBody. The app is very convenient too because you can sign up for a class on the go. MindBody is also convenient for us employees because on our end of things the app allows us to check people in and cancel people if they did not show up for class. I have access to all the client's profiles with their contact information just in case I need to call or text someone regarding a class issue. MindBody also allows instructors to put notes about the client in their profile which is really nice for teaching solos at a studio. This way if they meet with a different instructor from week to week the new instructor can take a look at what they worked on last time.,MindBody does a great job of sending out reminder emails to clients so they do not miss a class. MindBody does a great job at giving instructors a fast and easy way to check in clients and to see who is all signed up for their classes for the week. MindBody has a great payroll feature. All you have to do is set the dates and it generates a nicely laid out PDF of all the classes you taught during that time period and what you have made from them.,The instructors have a different app than the clients. The instructor app needs to be fixed because their are a few bugs. I cannot take someone's payment through the app I have to get out my desktop version in order to do so. I wish their was a way to set everyones schedules on top of each other in order to see if anyone has double booked the studio space or not. Clients have complained to me that their app will not save the pilates studio as one of their favorites.,8,Working with the MindBody software has been a very positive experience overall. i have only had a few problems arise but was able to get those squared away by taking with my boss. MindBody keeps me positive about wanting to come in to work because I do not have to spend time scheduling and taking in payments. I just get to come in and teach my class which is what I really love to do and after a few clicks on my app it does the rest for me. The only negative impact MindBody has had on me is that I have to carry my laptop computer around with me to classes since taking credit card payments does not work on the app. i also have to make sure i always have wifi available if i am using my laptop which i wouldn't have to if it worked on my phone.,Microsoft Office 365, Google Maps API, Apple iCloudMINDBODY has great time saving features!We have been using Mindbody since 2011. It has had a few evolutions through the years, but I really like all that it has to offer. We have used the following components: Scheduling (including allowing online scheduling)PayrollClassesWorkshopsServicesMarketingConstant Contact integrationText and email confirmations and remindersProduct sales, tracking, and inventoryOnline product salesand probably some of the other features I am not thinking about right now.Our business started out with Massage and Spa Services and have expanded into Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Weight Loss, Yoga, and a Fitness Studio. We have one location but have had three different companies set up with Mindbody. I guess that would be the only downside for us. Because we want different areas of our business's income deposited to different bank accounts, it forced us to have three separate MINDBODY accounts at one point. The reports are easy to use and comprehensive. Some of the features offered may be more than you need and can sometimes complicate the setup and problem solving, but the technical support is off the charts. Yes, sometimes there may be a long hold time, but they have started the call back option which is great. The only thing missing for me would be payroll integration to the payroll service I use which is called Gusto. Currently, I have to manually input the data into the payroll service. It would be great if those two systems could just talk to each other. I know Mindbody integrates into ADP and some others, just not the one I use.,Ease of use Technical support All encompassing,Needs to have the ability to deposit to multiple bank accounts Integration with Gusto payroll services,9,The multitude of reports makes tracking your business growth easy. Dashboard clearly indicates your areas of growth and decline and shows you those numbers in both numbers of clients and revenue generated.,Appointments Plus and ChiroTouchMINDBODY streamlines business at a priceMindBody is used at our yoga studio to track attendance of students as well as track the class packages they have purchased. Instructors' time sheets are generated from this information.,Tracks the use of class packages purchased by students at our center. It easy for both instructors to use and for students to see where they stand with their purchased packages. Tracks the number of students in classes to generate time sheets for instructors. Generates helpful reports such as one for students who have not attended in a while.,Would like to customize time sheets which are generated. Would like ability to back up information on a weekly basis so when MindBody is down I can access needed information.,6,MindBody has simplified tracking information as well as providing useful reports to work with to improve the business. The negative impact would be the expense. It has added a sizable monthly expense to our business.,Schedulicity,Schedulicity, QuickBooks ProNothing on the Market compares to MINDBODY's premium productAt my previous organization, we used Mindbody's API to connect to our own interface to help service our fitness studio partners that were using Mindbody to service their clients. Though the API brought its own obstacles, it allowed both our company and Mindbody to be able to service both of our clients more seamlessly.,Mindbody allows end-users the convenience of an easy to use booking platform and app. Mindbody allows their clients to derive insights from their bookings such as total sales, new clients, etc. Mindbody compiles loads of various features that allow you to service your business from one single platform with analytics, marketing, reservation systems, POS, and more!,Pieces of Mindbody's UI (specifically the reservation system), has always seems a bit outdated. Though, with the upgrades they have made to other areas of the platform, maybe the UI will receive a facelift soon too! From an end-user perspective, I do not like that there is not a central log-in. If I use different companies that all use Mindbody, I have to create a different login for each. Even though the email and password can remain unchanged, I still have to repeat that process each time.,9,Mindbody had a very strong ROI for our business, as without it we would not have been able to service the majority of our partners.,zenrez and Glofox Fitness Studio Software,Zendesk, Zopim by Zendesk, Slack
MINDBODY

MINDBODY Reviews

MINDBODY
Filter 16 vetted MINDBODY reviews and ratings
Krista Edwards profile photo
October 16, 2018

MINDBODY Review: "Fancy but not worth it."

We used MINDBODY as a point of sale for recurring gym memberships.
  • It has a lot of of bells and whistles
  • Easy to learn
  • Can run several reports.
  • Constant very substantial rate increases
  • Customer support is lacking.
This has a lot of bells and whistles. Fancy for sure; would be great for a club. However, if you are truly a small business think long and hard before committing to MINDBODY. The price for taking recurring gym memberships QUADRUPLED in the four years I used them. When I decided it was not sustainable, it cost me hundreds of dollars to get the stored credit card info out of their server. When I got it it was only half of the information. When I called to ask about the missing people, and about the data itself, I was told that when I agreed to have that set of reports run I also agree to cut all ties with MINDBODY including access to their support. So think long and hard because while it is pretty and fancy and does lots of cool stuff, it’s pretty ugly on the other side.
Read Krista Edwards's full review
August 30, 2018

Review: "MindBody- Your fitness experience all in one!"

• MindBody does a great job of sending out reminder emails to clients so they do not miss a class.
  • MindBody does a great job at giving instructors a fast and easy way to check in clients and to see who is all signed up for their classes for the week.
  • MindBody has a great payroll feature. All you have to do is set the dates and it generates a nicely laid out PDF of all the classes you taught during that time period and what you have made from them.
  • The instructors have a different app than the clients. The instructor app needs to be fixed because their are a few bugs. I cannot take someone's payment through the app I have to get out my desktop version in order to do so.
  • I wish their was a way to set everyones schedules on top of each other in order to see if anyone has double booked the studio space or not.
  • Clients have complained to me that their app will not save the pilates studio as one of their favorites.
The best scenario to use MindBody would be in some sort of smaller fitness studio like pilates, yoga, and barre classes where their is only a few classes offered each day. If you were to use MindBody at a place like Lifetime or another huge fitness corporation I don't think it would work quite as well. The schedule on the app would get very crowded and it would be hard to regulate everyones payments with that many classes going on at once. Its better that at a place like that everyone just pays a membership fee instead of a class by class basis.
Katie Little - Krieger profile photo
January 03, 2018

Review: "MINDBODY has great time saving features!"

1. Scheduling (including allowing online scheduling)
  2. Payroll
  7. Constant Contact integration
  8. Text and email confirmations and reminders
  9. Product sales, tracking, and inventory
  10. Online product sales
  11. and probably some of the other features I am not thinking about right now.

• Ease of use
  • Technical support
  • All encompassing
  • Needs to have the ability to deposit to multiple bank accounts
  • Integration with Gusto payroll services
This software is great for all service and class-based businesses. It's nice that your employees can log in when not on site to see upcoming appointments.
Read Katie Little - Krieger's full review
Kathleen Baker profile photo
April 16, 2018

Review: "MINDBODY streamlines business at a price"

• Tracks the use of class packages purchased by students at our center. It easy for both instructors to use and for students to see where they stand with their purchased packages.
  • Tracks the number of students in classes to generate time sheets for instructors.
  • Generates helpful reports such as one for students who have not attended in a while.
  • Would like to customize time sheets which are generated.
  • Would like ability to back up information on a weekly basis so when MindBody is down I can access needed information.
It is well suited for businesses that need a platform for clients to sign into classes and workshops or even perhaps schedule appointments. Perhaps less appropriate for business that have sensitive information.
Read Kathleen Baker's full review
November 30, 2017

Review: "Nothing on the Market compares to MINDBODY's premium product"

• Mindbody allows end-users the convenience of an easy to use booking platform and app.
  • Mindbody allows their clients to derive insights from their bookings such as total sales, new clients, etc.
  • Mindbody compiles loads of various features that allow you to service your business from one single platform with analytics, marketing, reservation systems, POS, and more!
  • Pieces of Mindbody's UI (specifically the reservation system), has always seems a bit outdated. Though, with the upgrades they have made to other areas of the platform, maybe the UI will receive a facelift soon too!
  • From an end-user perspective, I do not like that there is not a central log-in. If I use different companies that all use Mindbody, I have to create a different login for each. Even though the email and password can remain unchanged, I still have to repeat that process each time.
Mindbody is very well suited for businesses who need to keep their overhead low and do not want to invest or manage multiple products to service their business. Mindbody allows you to do everything from one product and could be very well suited for small businesses who have the budget for it.
Kylie Crandall profile photo
March 25, 2016

MINDBODY Review: "Something that is necessary and usable, but needs improvement."

MINDBODY is used nationwide in my company, for our services and retail sales. The system itself is a bit slow, and there are too many steps to do a simple transaction. It also does not allow for multiple discounts during a transaction.
I have used MBO in my previous company as well, which was used for scheduling and service sales. The system was also slow there and there were too many steps. The receipt printing area often freezes. When I currently look for old purchase orders to accept into my inventory it doesn't allow me to eliminate other locations, it shows where I can but in a date to only look up during a certain month but every time I click on it, it does the "waiting circle" and never actually populates with the information.
  • The history of purchases is something that navigates easily and I appreciate because we have a list of everything a particular client has purchased.
  • It brings up a client that was recently dealt with when starting a new transaction so you can easily click on that name if you are still working with them.
  • Improvement in the area of receiving purchase orders. If I want to receive and print out bar codes, I have to do one and click out of it, go back in and do the other.
  • When purchasing items, having take out the "add item" button, takes way too many steps to purchase something. A lot of our clients are in a rush.
  • Take away and add permission to distinguish ringing up an employee.
  • Al la carte permissions for employees.
  • The system needs to be faster, period.
  • Come up with a system that allows us to have things show up on sale when they are rung up instead of adding a promo code.
  • Before a transaction, instead of having people log in and out completely, have a 4 digit code that the employee types in really quick or scans so they can ring the client up and it goes under the correct name.
Scheduling is pretty good, though I don't use it currently but when I did it was one of the better systems I saw with that. I currently wish our MBO and our website were synced, it makes purchases for our services difficult to track, because they are not synced.
Read Kylie Crandall's full review
Kiana Garner profile photo
March 25, 2016

MINDBODY Review: "Quick and easy to use"

My company doesn't use MindBody currently. But I use it personally to book all my fitness classes. I've also used MindBody to check clients into classes when I've worked for a gym/studio. I think it's a great program and makes finding and booking a class quick and easy.
  • It's easy to use
  • It provides all class schedules and instructor bios
  • It has a good variety of classes
It has only suited me in registering for fitness classes. I just learned of its use for booking beauty appointments and have yet to use that feature.
Read Kiana Garner's full review