Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of MINDBODY, and make your voice heard!

Starter

$129

Accelerate

$259

Ultimate

$399

What is MINDBODY?

MINDBODY is business management software for gyms and spas, as well as fitness and yoga studios built around appointment scheduling and online bookings and calendaring, from the company of the same name in San Luis Obispo, California. Notably, the platform also contains marketing automation to maintain club member engagement, and enrollment.

MINDBODY Technical Details

What is MINDBODY?

What is MINDBODY's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.3.

Who uses MINDBODY?

The most common users of MINDBODY are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Health, Wellness and Fitness industry.

April 04, 2022

More to be desired.

Carla Schneckenburger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Mindbody for all aspects of our company. Booking classes, checking in members, etc. Mindbody's branded app is very minimal and extremely chaotic. The business has very limited access to helping clients when there is an error (which is quite a lot) and MB support is not exactly quick. Reporting is still a bit subpar. You have to have loopholes in order to do what should be easily accessible items. The business app does not transfer over any signatures that the client signs to the main database website version. Overall the system is good but not great.
  • Billing
  • Uploading of documents
  • Creating log ins (if not already a MINDBODY user at another location).
  • Reports.
  • Customer service wait time - bring back the chat.
  • Scheduling classes.
  • Allowing rooms to be visible to public.
It is still a bit more built for studios and salons, etc. Not big box gyms.
MINDBODY support takes forever to get back to you via email in my experience. The process is not as simple as it was back when they had the chat feature. I really wish they would bring that back! Most items are normally some weird glitch that they can fix in minutes but you have to wait days now.
I have had an endless number of problems with MINDBODY since I started using it about 5 years ago. Almost every year, my subscription cost has gone up. Everytime I need help with something, it is almost impossible to get someone on the phone who is actually able to help. MINDBODY is incredibly confusing to set up. I am really good with computers, but someone who isn't would have a terrible time setting up the software to use in their business. MINDBODY only works with one or 2 different credit card processing companies. You will not be able to choose your own to use unless you want to do double entries of all sales. Sometimes the reports that are generated in MINDBODY have mistakes. And there have been days when we were unable to take payments because there was a problem with MINDBODY that was outside of our control. My business runs on the MINDBODY software and switching to something else would be an absolute nightmare, so I continue using it. But i would definitely look into something else if you are thinking about using MINDBODY.
  • Cloud based.
  • There is an app for your phone to see the schedule.
  • There is a marketing suite.
  • Better customer support.
MINDBODY is one of the only all-in-one cloud-based softwares that you can run your entire business with. it has its problems, but there is definitely potential if its developers get it together.
MINDBODY Online has many features and functionalities which allow Exos to configure a solution with payment and scheduling components to meet a variety of operational needs, such as effortlessly facilitating personal training services and streamlining the payment process for pay-for-service programs both delivered on-site and virtually. MINDBODY enables Exos to provide clients with key statistics with in-depth analysis reporting such as utilization, attendance by group, time of day, day of the week, and by activity, newly joined and canceled memberships, and others.
  • Standing up new studios/locations. In Q4 last year Exos requested 60+ new MINDBODY locations which MINDBODY was able to deliver rapidly and accurately.
  • Communicating when there are performance issues with their software and providing frequent updates until the issue has been resolved.
  • Having assigned Strategic and Technical account managers to our account has been invaluable to improve operational success at locations using the MINDBODY software.
  • The user interface is somewhat inflexible and outdated. It would be great to have more customization capabilities.
  • The Public API system is sometimes challenging to achieve the correct operational workflow and outcome when building the integration with another software.
  • Mindbody has a wide variety of pre-built Reports available. However, it would be an improvement to have the ability to build queries for customized reports instead of needing to utilize multiple reports to pull the requisite metrics needed by some of our clients.
MINDBODY excels in areas that rely on the "bread and butter" of its design: scheduling, member management, and payment processing. Overall as a fitness center management solution, MINDBODY is by far the best product we have used and they have evolved their capabilities in good alignment with our needs as well.
We use MINDBODY as a way for our clients to sign up for classes, review their accounts, and operate our branded app. We also use MINDBODY to record our sales, clients' information, create reports, sell merchandise, and check in our students.
  • MINDBODY has a plethora of capabilities that range from something as simple as check in to more complex as reports. All in one spot.
  • MINDBODY has an over-the-phone support time and major of their team members are well versed and educated.
  • MINDBODY allows for you to cooperate with both your clients and your staffs needs.
  • There is so much functionality and not enough accountability. I wish there were more tracking of all transactions done on the clients or operations end to be able to review history and learn from mistakes.
  • The MINDBODY branded app connection needs more attention.
  • Please add a covid vaccination checker to the application (not just to use in the web browser). It has taken way too long to get this feature.
MINDBODY is well suited as it reviews your business overall from year to year, but as there is so much functionality, it can also be difficult to operate. The things you think MINDBODY would be able to do, you would be surprised that it does not, even with a lot of functionality.
Scheduling, client accounts, billing, bookings, reporting, analytics, POS... Mindbody is supposed to be used for all business functions, including website, finance, customer retention, marketing, sales, emails, analytics, retail products, private and class schedules... It fails at ALL. Constant errors, unreliable data, missing information, incomplete records, terrible website, slow loading, no updates, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
  • Nothing
  • Bad support
  • Breaks down
  • Horrible customer support
  • Terrible data retention
  • Useless reporting
This software is NOT usable, far too expensive, not supported by the company... from client accounts, billing, reporting, analytics, point of sale purchases... Mindbody claims to be suitable for all business functions - website, finance, customer retention, marketing, sales, emails, analytics, retail products, private and class schedules... It fails at ALL. Constant errors, unreliable data, missing information, incomplete records, terrible website, slow loading, no updates, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Alexander Wallace | TrustRadius Reviewer
I wanted to onboard my entire team onto Mindbody. I was using another app for years but I was suckered into buying from a salesman.
  • Marketing
  • Customer service
  • On boarding
  • Delivering the product
First, a quick introduction. I’m Alex Wallace. I’m the owner of Wallace Fitness Center. I’ve been in the fitness industry as an entrepreneur for 8 years. Since I started, I bootstrapped a business from just me to having 10 employees. I’ve received pretty much every cert in the book - CSCS, CPT, Pn1, YES, USAW 1 among countless symposiums and self study. Now that my business has grown and I’m taking more of a backseat to training, I’ve been looking for software to help me scale. I’ve used Vagaro and it was functional but I wanted something with a little more capability so I thought I would choose Mindbody I’m not one to talk bad about a company but if this can save you thousands of dollars and countless headaches, I feel like I owe it to guys in a similar position or someone who is ready to scale. [In my opinion you should] NOT go with Mindbody. After being called for nearly 2 years about switching to Mindbody I’ve had nothing but dropped balls since they got my credit card number. Getting set up to have a merchant account was a nightmare. It took weeks before I was ever even capable of collecting payment. This was wasted time and they charged me the entire time. Further, On 3 separate occasions, I’ve been blown off for my onboarding. Onboarding is the most important part of the process and time and again my onboarding specialist has not shown up to our zoom calls. Further, after I email or call support, I’m always promised for my issues to be resolved, and it never is. Lastly, look at the fine print. They’re subject to increasing your rate significantly after your first year. They’ve charged my credit card nearly $900 and I have yet to be completely onboarded.
Theresa Tucci | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been six years with Mindbody. [In my experience,] the agents are poorly trained. I know more than an average agent and have finally learned to ask the question are you 100% sure. If they say "I think so" it will be a disaster. You always then have to ask them to go to a senior agent to be 100% sure so that it doesn't cost me time and money, which it has on numerous occasions. If you don't' know something let the client know you need to speak with a senior agent to be sure. The wait times are ridiculous. Asking me to go online to find my answer is insulting. I pay over $200 U.S. a month and I should be able to talk to an agent when I need. Fastfwd six years and we are over a year into a pandemic (15 months to be exact). I've had to close my business three times in the last year here in Canada. Every part of Canada has had to shut down at some point. I needed to extend everyone's drop-in passes three different times and the first time caused me so much time and stress. So when I shut down a second time and had to re-open I made sure I spoke to an agent and had them be 100% sure how to do this efficiently. Over two hours of back and forth with different agents they helped me run the right report. Ffwd a third time I called in again for another closure/reopen as I was so confused the second time about the process I needed a refresher what to do. Again the agent has no idea. How on earth in the middle of a pandemic in north America where Mindbody is a huge client do the agents NOT know how to run this report by now? Come on speak to your agents. Every single fitness / dance type of business has to extend passes. At this point why is this so painful that management doesn't communicate important time saving information to their employees? The amount of back and forth in the last six years I've had to deal with MINDBODY, what I can say is, [in my opinion], expect major frustration. For such an expensive software that does all it does, you'd at least think their customer service reps would be trained in things like "never say I don't know or I think so"? Come on. Customer service 101 - I don't know the answer but I will find out for you.
  • Marketing reports
  • The app
  • Customer service on so many levels
Mindbody software is so robust that it's a very difficult learning process and the agents are learning with you which makes it even more frustrating. The system is great for clients booking classes as it works well for the end user. I wouldn't use this as a scheduling app.
We use MINDBODY as a CRM system, point of sale, payment processing, mobile app development, marketing suite, and customer signup system. Long story short, we use every service that MINDBODY directly offers or has offered in the past.
  • Full-service offering
  • Customer service
  • Problem solving
  • Lower fees with payment processing (we would save money with another provider)
  • Business app updates and responsiveness
  • Rebuilding the code to avoid so many workarounds with software additions
The software allows us to run our business with synergy vs jumping from many different systems to manage the oppositions of our organization. It is the best one-stop shop for fitness business CRM.
Jamaal Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mindbody is used in our organization for client database, scheduling, emailing, etc. It allows all employees to keep track of all business aspects of the organization and gives clients and members the ease of scheduling and maintaining their membership and appointments at the gym. The reporting options are phenomenal and allows others to gauge their stats.
  • Scheduling is a breeze.
  • Reporting is customizable and thorough.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • User interface could be a bit more modern.
  • It would be nice for management to be able to make a field required.
  • A bit pricey.
MINDBODY is a one-stop-shop for any business that schedules appointments! I use the software at my gym and it has never been easier to schedule my clients, pull my reports, look up member's information, and more! It was very easy to learn how to use the software.
Every time I have needed help with MINDBODY, the Customer Service Team was easy to get in touch with and they were well trained in answering and solving any and every problem I contacted them about. The Customer Service Team was easy to get in touch with and they were very friendly as well.
Dawn Rapp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MINDBODY for checking in to classes at our gym.
  • Check-in to classes is made easy!
  • Payment to instructors is easy to determine.
  • Reports for better business is possible!
  • I really haven’t had any problems with it since they added the ability to switch between multiple locations without signing in and out.
MINDBODY is perfect for a gym, studio, or service-based business like a salon! Checking in is so easy & the ability to see the class descriptions & the instructor is so helpful!
Anytime I have called because of a problem with our schedule or navigating the site, they were 100% there and ready to solve our issue.
This is the primary software we use within the company. It has allowed us to centralize almost every process we have with client interaction (billing, attendance, marketing, scheduling, etc). Previously we were spread across platforms for these. MINDBODY has allowed us to save time and use these tools more effectively because they are all integrated.
  • Lots of integrations
  • Analytics
  • All in one solution
  • Learning curve
  • Forced to use 1 electronic payment processor - others won’t integrate
  • Main service rep has changed many times
MINDBODY is perfectly suited for class based fitness and wellness studios. For more appointment based 1:1 services it is still a great tool but many of the marketing tools aren’t as useful for our population and business model.
It has always been easy to reach the customer service team but our main representative has changed multiple times which decreases familiarity with our business. The team as a whole has performed well in solving our issues.
Marisa J. Levy | TrustRadius Reviewer
MINDBODY is being used by me as an individual.
  • Scheduling is super easy!
  • It's easy to cancel any upcoming classes.
  • The search feature is really helpful for finding new studios in your area.
  • I wish there was a filter to search by class cost.
MINDBODY is great for companies that want to emphasize corporate wellness. I also think it can be used for individuals as well, for companies that reimburse their employees for participating in group fitness/attending a gym. I also think MINDBODY could be useful for other wellness activities outside of attending a gym and/or gym class.
It's also been fairly easy to contact support if/when I run into any issues. They are prompt and professional.
I used MINDBODY first at a learning institution that had no idea how to use it and made the experience horrible. It was so bad I even considered not using MINDBODY for my private practice. That being said, the suite of services and software that MINDBODY offers. The fact that it is all connected, integrated, and useful. The price point is slightly higher than most, but it is an all in one and saves on the headache of having to deal with extensive setup
  • Online booking
  • Integration
  • One-Stop-Shop
  • Package pricing
  • Customization
  • API with other vendors
  • Pricing
MINDBODY's pricing is relatively high, and the customization of what it can do is limited. If you want a high level of customization, you need to look elsewhere. If you can use a cookie cutter and want it to be integrated and quick install, this is best.
Their support is okay. Not the most helpful, and early on, I had to get my Salesperson involved because support was just not helpful.
MINDBODY was only used by myself as an app user for a local gym in Phuket, Thailand. The app was able to solve the issue of booking classes for Muay Thai fighting, along with CrossFit classes and a top-tier gym (Alpha) in the area. Again, I was an app user of this.
  • MINDBODY has a streamlined onboarding that made it very easy to sign up and take the desired action (signup for a class) in only a few clicks.
  • The app had an extremely clean UI that made for a streamlined UX that allowed me to book classes in a few seconds.
  • If I forgot to book the class (30 mins before the class starting), then I was able to 1-click call the location and speak to a team member.
  • From a user perspective, the app was a bit slow in terms of loading.
  • I had to reset my password once, and the email went to my spam folder - not ideal.
MINDBODY is well suited for an app user that is looking to book a class online as they are on their way to the class. Additionally, if someone is looking for classes, there are plenty of options and contact resources on the app to find a course that is suitable for your needs.
Overall, MINDBODY did a solid job of what I needed it for - booking classes (end-user perspective). Their clean UI/UX made it simple to signup, find a gym, and book a class in a matter of minutes. From an app user viewpoint, recommend more gyms to use MINDBODY.
Stefania Maiale | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have a small yoga studio business. MINDBODY online is the software program that I use to log attendance, make purchases, and do payroll. I like the reporting section for bookkeeping purchases. I have had this software for eight years. At that time, I have trialed Wellness Living and Thryv. MINDBODY is the only one that meets my needs.
  • Dominant market share of apps
  • Live customer support
  • Longevity in the market
  • Reputation
  • Very expensive
  • Long-winded ways of navigating system
  • Conference costs are super expensive
The biggest drawback is the cost. MINDBODY is the number one fitness app for finding a yoga studio by clients. It is also a very popular choice when studio owners discuss software. I have used it for eight years, and it wasn’t new when I became a client. The customer support is outstanding.
Always available over the phone or email. Respectful and know your business
MINDBODY is our booking and reporting system for our facility. It allows our members to view their classes to book them online, and it gives us reporting on various membership aspects, retails, stock, and payroll for our teachers.
  • Access Control
  • Membership Reporting
  • Good integration
  • No payment integration with South Africa makes it a sophisticated and manual process.
  • Some features are difficult to use
  • We have our own app within the environment, and it would be great to personalize our offering with this usage.
MINDBODY is an excellent product.
I have often written to them and have not received a response.
MINDBODY is our primary booking system at our fitness studio; our whole business is based around its functionality.
MINDBODY helps us a lot with visibility to the general public, something that our boutique studio could not afford to budget for, along with running costs.
  • Public Visibility
  • Ease of Use
  • Help Desk Availability
  • Business Specific Work Around Options
  • Business Specific Reporting
  • Warning for System Upgrades that Affect Business Settings
I am continually finding workaround options when the system fails my specific needs; I would recommend this system to someone else that I know is savvy and can create their own workaround options.
I would also recommend MINDBODY to small businesses that need help with the industry visibility - MINDBODY does help and encourage community!
Sometimes there is a bit of a wait. However, the help desk is always trying to help make things work.
Support as a community or affiliate is solid with MINDBODY.
Our business uses MINDBODY as our client management system. It's our point of sale system, so all sales and transactions go through MINDBODY. We use it to run most reports, keep track of employees, receive reviews, and our class schedule. We also use the business app that corresponds with it and the consumer app.
  • Client management
  • Point of sale
  • Class scheduling
  • Retail inventory
  • Rewards program
  • Client outreach
MINDBODY is currently the largest company offering client management in the health, wellness, and beauty industry. The consumer app they provide connects us to almost two mission users daily. They provide 24-hour tech support, seven days a week. For the scale of business that we do, MINDBODY is suitable for our company.
MINDBODY offers excellent support. Every business is given an account manager that will personally reach out to you when needed. In addition to that, 24-hour tech support makes it easy to ask for help when needed. MINDBODY does a lot of different tasks, so it can be confusing to use. Having support makes it more possible.
We use MINDBODY as our booking software and for our hourly employees' time clock. We use their business app as well as the online software to manage all bookings and customer data. The employees record their time in the time clock, but we use a separate provider for payroll.
  • maintaining customer information
  • credit card processing
  • class booking
  • Lots of areas for improvement in managing memberships and different types of payments by the same customer
  • Phone customer service often has very long wait times
  • Expensive
MINDBODY is the most robust booking software for studios, in my opinion, and it mostly serves us very well. It also has integrations with other software like BrandBot, which makes emails to specific subsets of customers, and Perkville, which makes it very easy to manage a customer rewards program. I only wish it was less expensive and had better options for branded apps.
To reach customer support, there is an 800 number that almost always has very long wait times. It's especially frustrating when you have an immediate need to solve a software issue. They also have a number of phone support techs who don't seem well-versed enough in the software. Admittedly, I found the software very difficult to learn at first, but I don't think they should have support specialists that aren't experts at the software. The problem, of course, is that they're already understaffed (hence the long waits to talk to someone) so I think they get people answering calls before they may be really ready.
MINDBODY is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. Because it is complex, it takes time to set up and conquer the entire landscape of services it provides. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending on how sophisticated you want to be with your company. It is confusing to see so many complementary programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe MINDBODY keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well. This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the client's experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create a pleasant experience for the user.
  • Taking payment
  • Scheduling classes
  • Organizing workshops
  • Taking different types of payments
  • Expertise in comparing complementary software
  • Easily connecting to customer service
MINDBODY is mostly used in yoga studios, but more and more it is being adopted throughout the fitness industry. I recently heard they landed F45 group, which is a huge chain of fitness studios. MINDBODY can accommodate healthcare practitioners like Chiropractic and Acupuncture and is well suited for SOAP notes and billing for those professionals.
There is some work that needs to be done here. It is hard to get through sometimes, and if you are using complementary software, they are not as knowledgeable as they should be about the software that they support. A company this size should be able to gain enough knowledge about the software that they have integrated to be able to talk intelligently about them when a problem arises.
We use MINDBODY to check in clients, make purchases, rent our studio, pretty much everything to do with running our business day-to-day.
  • Tracks sales
  • Manages class schedules
  • Helps bring in new clients
  • Some processes are not initially intuitive and take some training to learn.
  • The price could be a little lower to help small business owners succeed.
  • Some sort of alert when a client creates a profile and already has one.
  • A way to view which clients haven't signed a waiver when logged into the staff computer.
MINDBODY is constantly working to improve the software. They know what they're doing and hire quality people to support the product. If you have an issue, they will fix it.
They answer when you call, and if there is a long wait they call you back--always on the same day. They stay on the phone with you until the issue is resolved.
We use MINDBODY throughout our entire organization to organize our membership, do billing, process payments, track workouts, and track and schedule classes and health programs.
  • Auto E-mails: In our previous software, we did not have the ability to set up auto e-mails.
  • Payment Processing: We have the ability to set our members up on auto-pay, and it is extremely simple to set up.
  • Database: The unlimited database lets us keep members in our system archive forever. This is handy in our rural environment due to regular member re-joins.
  • Service: It can be difficult to deal with customer service when you know more about the software and functionality of it in your facility than the person on the other end of the line.
  • Setup: Due to the fact that you don't know everything there is to know about the software when you make the transition, you need a follow-up setup appointment about a year into using the software. They tell you that customer service will help but truly, at a year in, you know more than the front-line service agents.
  • Point of Sale: Not handy to use. Navigation is time-consuming when you are trying to ring up members if not on auto-pay.
If you are a start-up business, and particularly a fitness boutique, you can tailor how you run your business to how MINDBODY is made to be set up. If you only want to accept auto-pays, MINDBODY would work as well.
If one person, all full-time people, or software- or computer-literate people are using the software, you are golden. If older individuals work for you and especially if they are part-time, this software can be VERY overwhelming for them. I can't imagine being a small business and attempting to afford this software.
I do not feel like MINDBODY listens to the customer. They give you the computer-generated solution that you tried before you called (because you know the software inside and out, because you are using it in your business every single day). I am not going to waste my time calling customer service for something I can fix on my own. There is currently not a way for you to move up to the next service tech level or straight to the experienced technicians. That is not ok. Not when you have the executive director of the company calling in because her support staff can't get anywhere with support.
Evan Laird | TrustRadius Reviewer
MINDBODY is used at my gym in Phuket, Thailand and a few others that I've been to around the world. It was used by the entire organization and even across departments from Thai Boxing, Crossfit, and Strength Classes to cardio/cycling classes. It solves the issues of payment and sign-up for classes in an easy-to-use way.
  • Great on-boarding -- Simple, easy, quick
  • Intuitive UI/UX -- Easy to find your gym/organization and book classes
  • One Click To Book -- No extra steps
  • Marketing -- Getting into more gyms to make it more efficient in every gym I go to considering they've only been a few.
MINDBODY is a niche product meaning that it is only suited for gyms and health studios--nothing more and nothing less. It's perfectly made and tailored for this environment, so for any personal trainers, group instructors, full gyms, or fitness studios that run classes, I would highly recommend MINDBODY.
I never had to use MINDBODY support. The app is very good, and I've never had any issues. It's easy to use for both users and, talking to my instructors, it's simple and easy to use and automate tasks for them. Even instructors that barely spoke English (which the app was in) had an easy time using it.
I use MINDBODY to manage my wellness studio. We use this program for class registration and workshop registration.
  • Scheduling
  • Client Tracking
  • Organization
  • Running reports
  • Web branding
  • Design when embedding links into website
MINDBODY is excellent for managing my yoga studio. I would not use it to manage my PT practice.
Excellent customer service.
MINDBODY serves as the technology hub and software back-end for fitness and yoga studios to manage clients, sell packages, manage and update schedules, and to some extent as a CRM and email marketing software. My most common use of MINDBODY is updating schedules, selling retail and class packages, and updating or inputting clients into the system.
  • Managing online schedule in browser and app form
  • Creating client profiles
  • Not intuitive — it takes time and training to work
  • Glitchy at times, with the system freezing or cancelling out
MINDBODY is best used by a fitness or yoga center with many classes daily and the need to manage students and memberships all in one place. It will also track hours taught instructors and the classes that each student takes. Individual trainers or professionals will likely not need the advanced features for a small studio or private practice and may find it more cumbersome than helpful.
When onboarding, MINDBODY offers multiple setup calls with staff. The company continues to be accessible via support tickets and online chat throughout use. However, it does often take more time to work with the company staff to fix problems than it does to troubleshoot on your own or simply reset the system.