MINDBODY Reviews

Jamaal Dickerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 22, 2020

MINDBODY makes life easier!

Mindbody is used in our organization for client database, scheduling, emailing, etc. It allows all employees to keep track of all business aspects of the organization and gives clients and members the ease of scheduling and maintaining their membership and appointments at the gym. The reporting options are phenomenal and allows others to gauge their stats.
  • Scheduling is a breeze.
  • Reporting is customizable and thorough.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • User interface could be a bit more modern.
  • It would be nice for management to be able to make a field required.
  • A bit pricey.
MINDBODY is a one-stop-shop for any business that schedules appointments! I use the software at my gym and it has never been easier to schedule my clients, pull my reports, look up member's information, and more! It was very easy to learn how to use the software.
Read Jamaal Dickerson's full review
Stefania Maiale | TrustRadius Reviewer

Loyal user for 8 years

I have a small yoga studio business. MINDBODY online is the software program that I use to log attendance, make purchases, and do payroll. I like the reporting section for bookkeeping purchases. I have had this software for eight years. At that time, I have trialed Wellness Living and Thryv. MINDBODY is the only one that meets my needs.
  • Dominant market share of apps
  • Live customer support
  • Longevity in the market
  • Reputation
  • Very expensive
  • Long-winded ways of navigating system
  • Conference costs are super expensive
The biggest drawback is the cost. MINDBODY is the number one fitness app for finding a yoga studio by clients. It is also a very popular choice when studio owners discuss software. I have used it for eight years, and it wasn’t new when I became a client. The customer support is outstanding.
Read Stefania Maiale's full review
Sandi Dekker | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Offering all and then some

MINDBODY is our booking and reporting system for our facility. It allows our members to view their classes to book them online, and it gives us reporting on various membership aspects, retails, stock, and payroll for our teachers.
  • Access Control
  • Membership Reporting
  • Good integration
  • No payment integration with South Africa makes it a sophisticated and manual process.
  • Some features are difficult to use
  • We have our own app within the environment, and it would be great to personalize our offering with this usage.
MINDBODY is an excellent product.
Read Sandi Dekker's full review
Kari Doherty | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

MINDBODY is the best at what they do!

Our business uses MINDBODY as our client management system. It's our point of sale system, so all sales and transactions go through MINDBODY. We use it to run most reports, keep track of employees, receive reviews, and our class schedule. We also use the business app that corresponds with it and the consumer app.
  • Client management
  • Point of sale
  • Class scheduling
  • Retail inventory
  • Rewards program
  • Client outreach
MINDBODY is currently the largest company offering client management in the health, wellness, and beauty industry. The consumer app they provide connects us to almost two mission users daily. They provide 24-hour tech support, seven days a week. For the scale of business that we do, MINDBODY is suitable for our company.
Read Kari Doherty's full review
Eric Pierra | TrustRadius Reviewer

The "Go-To" Studio Software

MINDBODY is easily the most powerful and comprehensive software available to help run your health and fitness company. Because it is complex, it takes time to set up and conquer the entire landscape of services it provides. With time, you can master this program then use complementary software depending on how sophisticated you want to be with your company. It is confusing to see so many complementary programs, but to the best of my knowledge, I believe MINDBODY keeps from duplicating every idea/program to not degrade the work that they do with the foundation of the work that they do well. This company is innovative and trailblazing ways and features that will enhance the client's experience at your gym/studio and easily the best feature is the ability to use a mobile device to run the software and create a pleasant experience for the user.
  • Taking payment
  • Scheduling classes
  • Organizing workshops
  • Taking different types of payments
  • Expertise in comparing complementary software
  • Easily connecting to customer service
MINDBODY is mostly used in yoga studios, but more and more it is being adopted throughout the fitness industry. I recently heard they landed F45 group, which is a huge chain of fitness studios. MINDBODY can accommodate healthcare practitioners like Chiropractic and Acupuncture and is well suited for SOAP notes and billing for those professionals.
Read Eric Pierra's full review
Samantha Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Love sharing good reviews about great products like MINDBODY!

We use MINDBODY to check in clients, make purchases, rent our studio, pretty much everything to do with running our business day-to-day.
  • Tracks sales
  • Manages class schedules
  • Helps bring in new clients
  • Some processes are not initially intuitive and take some training to learn.
  • The price could be a little lower to help small business owners succeed.
  • Some sort of alert when a client creates a profile and already has one.
  • A way to view which clients haven't signed a waiver when logged into the staff computer.
MINDBODY is constantly working to improve the software. They know what they're doing and hire quality people to support the product. If you have an issue, they will fix it.
Read Samantha Martin's full review
Lori May | TrustRadius Reviewer

Experienced MINDBODY review

We use MINDBODY throughout our entire organization to organize our membership, do billing, process payments, track workouts, and track and schedule classes and health programs.
  • Auto E-mails: In our previous software, we did not have the ability to set up auto e-mails.
  • Payment Processing: We have the ability to set our members up on auto-pay, and it is extremely simple to set up.
  • Database: The unlimited database lets us keep members in our system archive forever. This is handy in our rural environment due to regular member re-joins.
  • Service: It can be difficult to deal with customer service when you know more about the software and functionality of it in your facility than the person on the other end of the line.
  • Setup: Due to the fact that you don't know everything there is to know about the software when you make the transition, you need a follow-up setup appointment about a year into using the software. They tell you that customer service will help but truly, at a year in, you know more than the front-line service agents.
  • Point of Sale: Not handy to use. Navigation is time-consuming when you are trying to ring up members if not on auto-pay.
If you are a start-up business, and particularly a fitness boutique, you can tailor how you run your business to how MINDBODY is made to be set up. If you only want to accept auto-pays, MINDBODY would work as well.
If one person, all full-time people, or software- or computer-literate people are using the software, you are golden. If older individuals work for you and especially if they are part-time, this software can be VERY overwhelming for them. I can't imagine being a small business and attempting to afford this software.
Read Lori May's full review
Evan Laird | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Don't MIND if I do! Great app for gyms.

MINDBODY is used at my gym in Phuket, Thailand and a few others that I've been to around the world. It was used by the entire organization and even across departments from Thai Boxing, Crossfit, and Strength Classes to cardio/cycling classes. It solves the issues of payment and sign-up for classes in an easy-to-use way.
  • Great on-boarding -- Simple, easy, quick
  • Intuitive UI/UX -- Easy to find your gym/organization and book classes
  • One Click To Book -- No extra steps
  • Marketing -- Getting into more gyms to make it more efficient in every gym I go to considering they've only been a few.
MINDBODY is a niche product meaning that it is only suited for gyms and health studios--nothing more and nothing less. It's perfectly made and tailored for this environment, so for any personal trainers, group instructors, full gyms, or fitness studios that run classes, I would highly recommend MINDBODY.
Read Evan Laird's full review
Justin Ciolek | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

MINDBODY, the view from the front line

We currently use MINDBODY in just a few of our locations. It is used to schedule clients within our wellness division. It is also used for our clients to be able to access their accounts to schedule their own appointments as well as sign forms and make payments. It allows for a seamless transition when a first time client comes in and allows us to speed up the process by bypassing paperwork that we used to use.
  • It integrates client schedules and trainer schedules together in one location
  • It allows for seamless checkout
  • It allows client access from the mobile app
  • Some package integration can't happen if we are doing special pricing or promotions
  • There are intermittent issues that come up while accessing through the mobile app from the clients end
It is suited well, at least in my scenario, when we use it for our client scheduling and checkout with our trainer program. It helps keep our trainer schedule, class schedule, and outside use schedule together in one place. It allows access for clients from the mobile app in order to check in for classes or to see when their next training session is.

I find there to be issues when it comes to check in at times, particularly from the mobile app or just online. It tends to not let clients check in, which results in them needing to call our front desk to get that fixed. There is also some confusion with checkout. It could be a little more streamlined, especially when it comes to purchasing packages as opposed to just a direct checkout from a session.
Read Justin Ciolek's full review
Michelle Densmore, CPT, LCSW | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2020

We have it because there’s no better alternative at this time

We use MINDBODY as a client management software at our fitness studio. Members and staff book personal training and coaching appointments in MINDBODY. We also use it as a point of sale software for supplements and other retail items. Lastly, we use their credit card processing and merchant services. It allows our members to independently schedule, reschedule and cancel personal training appointments.
  • Scheduling
  • Creating membership or contracts is very cumbersome.
  • Members and staff both feel that it is not user-friendly.
It’s well suited to give our members control over their schedules without having to contact us directly. It is less well suited for personal training studios that do NOT want to advertise classes for nonmembers. MINDBODY is making a big shift to give users visibility of classes and studios nearby but that does not serve a studio like ours that runs on memberships.
Read Michelle Densmore, CPT, LCSW's full review
Garrett Ewers | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

MINDBODY is GREAT, if you learn it

MINDBODY is currently being used by multiple departments within our company. Our front desk uses it primarily for scheduling the fitness and IV therapy side of our practice while also using it as our prime POS software for all charges and collections. Our fitness provider and health coaches use it for note taking and scheduling as well. Sales staff can use it for lead tracking and client management. Our accounting department uses for running sales reports and merchant processing.
  • Scheduling of classes and services.
  • Reporting features.
  • System modernization.
  • Email marketing.
MINDBODY might be a little too much if you are a single instructor but if you have multiple instructors or locations, it is a great tool. It is really built to help you manage your business BUT you do need to go in and learn the platform. MINDBODY has a lot of great educational tools to help you run your business better and has a great peer community to reach out to for ideas and help. They are going to be a little more pricey but it is because their systems can do so much. I would recommend that either you or a staff member are tasked with being a MINDBODY whiz if you are going to go with it.
Read Garrett Ewers's full review
Dawn Rapp | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

MINDBODY is a GAME CHANGER!!!

We use MINDBODY for checking in to classes at our gym.
  • Check-in to classes is made easy!
  • Payment to instructors is easy to determine.
  • Reports for better business is possible!
  • I really haven’t had any problems with it since they added the ability to switch between multiple locations without signing in and out.
MINDBODY is perfect for a gym, studio, or service-based business like a salon! Checking in is so easy & the ability to see the class descriptions & the instructor is so helpful!
Read Dawn Rapp's full review
Marisa J. Levy | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

MINDBODY is great for corporate wellness!

MINDBODY is being used by me as an individual.
  • Scheduling is super easy!
  • It's easy to cancel any upcoming classes.
  • The search feature is really helpful for finding new studios in your area.
  • I wish there was a filter to search by class cost.
MINDBODY is great for companies that want to emphasize corporate wellness. I also think it can be used for individuals as well, for companies that reimburse their employees for participating in group fitness/attending a gym. I also think MINDBODY could be useful for other wellness activities outside of attending a gym and/or gym class.
Read Marisa J. Levy's full review
February 27, 2020

MINDBODY is the industry standard, but not flawless

MINDBODY serves as the technology hub and software back-end for fitness and yoga studios to manage clients, sell packages, manage and update schedules, and to some extent as a CRM and email marketing software. My most common use of MINDBODY is updating schedules, selling retail and class packages, and updating or inputting clients into the system.
  • Managing online schedule in browser and app form
  • Creating client profiles
  • Not intuitive — it takes time and training to work
  • Glitchy at times, with the system freezing or cancelling out
MINDBODY is best used by a fitness or yoga center with many classes daily and the need to manage students and memberships all in one place. It will also track hours taught instructors and the classes that each student takes. Individual trainers or professionals will likely not need the advanced features for a small studio or private practice and may find it more cumbersome than helpful.
March 13, 2020

Great all in one software for health and wellness services

This is the primary software we use within the company. It has allowed us to centralize almost every process we have with client interaction (billing, attendance, marketing, scheduling, etc). Previously we were spread across platforms for these. MINDBODY has allowed us to save time and use these tools more effectively because they are all integrated.
  • Lots of integrations
  • Analytics
  • All in one solution
  • Learning curve
  • Forced to use 1 electronic payment processor - others won’t integrate
  • Main service rep has changed many times
MINDBODY is perfectly suited for class based fitness and wellness studios. For more appointment based 1:1 services it is still a great tool but many of the marketing tools aren’t as useful for our population and business model.
March 09, 2020

Expensive, but when you want something to work

I used MINDBODY first at a learning institution that had no idea how to use it and made the experience horrible. It was so bad I even considered not using MINDBODY for my private practice. That being said, the suite of services and software that MINDBODY offers. The fact that it is all connected, integrated, and useful. The price point is slightly higher than most, but it is an all in one and saves on the headache of having to deal with extensive setup
  • Online booking
  • Integration
  • One-Stop-Shop
  • Package pricing
  • Customization
  • API with other vendors
  • Pricing
MINDBODY's pricing is relatively high, and the customization of what it can do is limited. If you want a high level of customization, you need to look elsewhere. If you can use a cookie cutter and want it to be integrated and quick install, this is best.

MINDBODY - As told by an app user

MINDBODY was only used by myself as an app user for a local gym in Phuket, Thailand. The app was able to solve the issue of booking classes for Muay Thai fighting, along with CrossFit classes and a top-tier gym (Alpha) in the area. Again, I was an app user of this.
  • MINDBODY has a streamlined onboarding that made it very easy to sign up and take the desired action (signup for a class) in only a few clicks.
  • The app had an extremely clean UI that made for a streamlined UX that allowed me to book classes in a few seconds.
  • If I forgot to book the class (30 mins before the class starting), then I was able to 1-click call the location and speak to a team member.
  • From a user perspective, the app was a bit slow in terms of loading.
  • I had to reset my password once, and the email went to my spam folder - not ideal.
MINDBODY is well suited for an app user that is looking to book a class online as they are on their way to the class. Additionally, if someone is looking for classes, there are plenty of options and contact resources on the app to find a course that is suitable for your needs.

Business Community Focus

MINDBODY is our primary booking system at our fitness studio; our whole business is based around its functionality.
MINDBODY helps us a lot with visibility to the general public, something that our boutique studio could not afford to budget for, along with running costs.
  • Public Visibility
  • Ease of Use
  • Help Desk Availability
  • Business Specific Work Around Options
  • Business Specific Reporting
  • Warning for System Upgrades that Affect Business Settings
I am continually finding workaround options when the system fails my specific needs; I would recommend this system to someone else that I know is savvy and can create their own workaround options.
I would also recommend MINDBODY to small businesses that need help with the industry visibility - MINDBODY does help and encourage community!
March 06, 2020

Reliable and robust customer booking software for studios

We use MINDBODY as our booking software and for our hourly employees' time clock. We use their business app as well as the online software to manage all bookings and customer data. The employees record their time in the time clock, but we use a separate provider for payroll.
  • maintaining customer information
  • credit card processing
  • class booking
  • Lots of areas for improvement in managing memberships and different types of payments by the same customer
  • Phone customer service often has very long wait times
  • Expensive
MINDBODY is the most robust booking software for studios, in my opinion, and it mostly serves us very well. It also has integrations with other software like BrandBot, which makes emails to specific subsets of customers, and Perkville, which makes it very easy to manage a customer rewards program. I only wish it was less expensive and had better options for branded apps.
March 06, 2020

MINDBODY in my wellness studio

I use MINDBODY to manage my wellness studio. We use this program for class registration and workshop registration.
  • Client Tracking
  • Organization
  • Running reports
  • Web branding
  • Design when embedding links into website
MINDBODY is excellent for managing my yoga studio. I would not use it to manage my PT practice.
February 05, 2020

MINDBODY - Good all in one but needs to improve SOAP notes for Practitioners

MINDBODY is used as our clinic software. It is used for booking appointments, taking notes, scheduling rooms, and practitioners. It is an all in one solution that also integrates with constant contact so we can stay in touch with our clients
  • Booking
  • SOAP notes
  • SOAP notes
A multidisciplinary clinic is where we use MINDBODY. MINDBODY is also well suited in Pilates, Yoga, Gym, and Group classes. We don't use the APP as we want to build up our google presence. We don't get true analytics when someone hits book now on our website as MINDBODY hijacks this part on google
Andre Yeu | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 14, 2019

Deep feature-set and very reliable, but inconsistent with a quirky UI

MINDBODY is used by our fitness facility/gym for client management, membership management, payments including recurring billing, class scheduling for group classes, and personal training. Basically, it runs everything!
  • Reliable - In the last year, it has never been down or unavailable.
  • The mobile app, kiosk, website integration, and desktop work seamlessly.
  • Deep customization in terms of class/membership rules is available.
  • The user interface is extremely inconsistent, as parts of it look like it hasn't changed since the early 2000s, yet other areas are designed to look more modern.
  • Disappointed with the notification systems for booking personal training, it's not very robust in notifying staff they have been booked.
As a very developed suite, MINDBODY does everything a fitness studio would need. It is a low-risk investment, that is, it will do what you need it to do. Also, the onboarding staff was outstanding, and the ongoing calls with their customer success team have been valuable. It's depth of customization and the outdated user interface would probably frustrate people with less technical capabilities, so they should rely on their onboarding staff to help. I did look at competing systems in my evaluation and I'm fairly confident they would be easier to configure than MINDBODY, but may not have the same depth of features.
Read Andre Yeu's full review
Krista Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2018

Fancy but not worth it.

We used MINDBODY as a point of sale for recurring gym memberships.
  • It has a lot of of bells and whistles
  • Easy to learn
  • Can run several reports.
  • Constant very substantial rate increases
  • Customer support is lacking.
This has a lot of bells and whistles. Fancy for sure; would be great for a club. However, if you are truly a small business think long and hard before committing to MINDBODY. The price for taking recurring gym memberships QUADRUPLED in the four years I used them. When I decided it was not sustainable, it cost me hundreds of dollars to get the stored credit card info out of their server. When I got it it was only half of the information. When I called to ask about the missing people, and about the data itself, I was told that when I agreed to have that set of reports run I also agree to cut all ties with MINDBODY including access to their support. So think long and hard because while it is pretty and fancy and does lots of cool stuff, it’s pretty ugly on the other side.
Read Krista Edwards's full review
August 30, 2018

MindBody- Your fitness experience all in one!

MindBody is a scheduling software that a lot of yoga and pilates studios use. I actually use mind body at both of my jobs as a pilates instructor. Clients are able to sign up for my classes online, buy new packages, save their favorite studios, and cancel their classes as well. Everyone in the two pilates studios I work at use MindBody. The app is very convenient too because you can sign up for a class on the go. MindBody is also convenient for us employees because on our end of things the app allows us to check people in and cancel people if they did not show up for class. I have access to all the client's profiles with their contact information just in case I need to call or text someone regarding a class issue. MindBody also allows instructors to put notes about the client in their profile which is really nice for teaching solos at a studio. This way if they meet with a different instructor from week to week the new instructor can take a look at what they worked on last time.
  • MindBody does a great job of sending out reminder emails to clients so they do not miss a class.
  • MindBody does a great job at giving instructors a fast and easy way to check in clients and to see who is all signed up for their classes for the week.
  • MindBody has a great payroll feature. All you have to do is set the dates and it generates a nicely laid out PDF of all the classes you taught during that time period and what you have made from them.
  • The instructors have a different app than the clients. The instructor app needs to be fixed because their are a few bugs. I cannot take someone's payment through the app I have to get out my desktop version in order to do so.
  • I wish their was a way to set everyones schedules on top of each other in order to see if anyone has double booked the studio space or not.
  • Clients have complained to me that their app will not save the pilates studio as one of their favorites.
The best scenario to use MindBody would be in some sort of smaller fitness studio like pilates, yoga, and barre classes where their is only a few classes offered each day. If you were to use MindBody at a place like Lifetime or another huge fitness corporation I don't think it would work quite as well. The schedule on the app would get very crowded and it would be hard to regulate everyones payments with that many classes going on at once. Its better that at a place like that everyone just pays a membership fee instead of a class by class basis.
Katie Little - Krieger | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 03, 2018

MINDBODY has great time saving features!

We have been using Mindbody since 2011. It has had a few evolutions through the years, but I really like all that it has to offer. We have used the following components:
  1. Scheduling (including allowing online scheduling)
  2. Payroll
  7. Constant Contact integration
  8. Text and email confirmations and reminders
  9. Product sales, tracking, and inventory
  10. Online product sales
  11. and probably some of the other features I am not thinking about right now.
Our business started out with Massage and Spa Services and have expanded into Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Weight Loss, Yoga, and a Fitness Studio. We have one location but have had three different companies set up with Mindbody. I guess that would be the only downside for us. Because we want different areas of our business's income deposited to different bank accounts, it forced us to have three separate MINDBODY accounts at one point.

The reports are easy to use and comprehensive. Some of the features offered may be more than you need and can sometimes complicate the setup and problem solving, but the technical support is off the charts. Yes, sometimes there may be a long hold time, but they have started the call back option which is great.

The only thing missing for me would be payroll integration to the payroll service I use which is called Gusto. Currently, I have to manually input the data into the payroll service. It would be great if those two systems could just talk to each other. I know Mindbody integrates into ADP and some others, just not the one I use.
  • Ease of use
  • Technical support
  • All encompassing
  • Needs to have the ability to deposit to multiple bank accounts
  • Integration with Gusto payroll services
This software is great for all service and class-based businesses. It's nice that your employees can log in when not on site to see upcoming appointments.
Read Katie Little - Krieger's full review

About MINDBODY

MINDBODY is business management software for gyms and spas, as well as fitness and yoga studios built around appointment scheduling and online bookings and calendaring, from the company of the same name in San Luis Obispo, California. Notably, the platform also contains marketing automation to maintain club member engagement, and enrollment.