Salesforce Social Studio

Salesforce Social Studio

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Social Studio (Radian6 + Buddy Media)

Social Studio

February 21, 2022
We were using this software to collect all the social media posts using the keywords which were related to our product and also tried to …

Radian6 Delivers

November 18, 2019
Currently, Radian6 is used across our military recruitment department to identify opportunities where our brand can become a part of the …

Marketing in retail real estate

December 05, 2017
Social Studio is being used by the organization I work for. It is being used by each property's marketing department so that social boosts …

Social Studio is competent

April 05, 2017
We used to Social Studio to schedule all of our social media content on Facebook and Twitter. It was only used by our marketing …

• Broad channel coverage (11)
  • Twitter (11)
  • Content planning and scheduling (11)
  • Workflow management (11)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Salesforce Social Studio, and make your voice heard!

Basic

$1,000.00

Per Org Per Month

Pro

$4,000.00

Corporate

Reporting/analytics

5.7

Account management

6.0

What is Salesforce Social Studio?

Social Studio (formerly Radian6) enables users to listen, engage, and publish within a social media marketing and management suite — and connect enriched social data to marketing with sales and service. Social Studio is the result of Salesforce' combining of Radian6 with the capabilities of Buddy Media, a social media publishing tool acquired by Salesforce in 2012. Social Studio is available on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.

The product supports:

Social Listening
Gather market intelligence. Gain relevant feedback across your marketing, service, and sales campaigns with reporting tied to your social accounts from the office or via mobile app. Search for any topic or brand. Watch for fresh topics and trends from convenient customizable dashboards.

Community Engagement
Deploy a single platform for social media engagement and social reviews across every department in a company. Securely manage access and roles with user and team workspaces. With machine learning, gauge brand sentiment and prioritize posts — then automatically route customer activity to the appropriate role in either marketing, sales, or service. Route social posts to your CRM platform to complete the picture of the customer across social, email, and other digital channels.

Social Publishing
Manage company’s entire social presence across teams. Create workspaces and access based on role or group to ensure brand consistency.
Collaborate on campaigns. Draft, share, schedule, review, and approve content. Access stock photos, trending topics, and more — on a desktop or in a mobile app. Reporting gives a real-time snapshot on content, channel, and creative performance.

Monitoring Performance
Track customer interactions, brand health, and campaign results as they unfold. Depict real-time customer feedback with on-screen imagery.
Highlight the customer voice. Keep a close eye on conversations to develop insights around real-time customer discussions. Display insights based on region, post popularity, and words commonly associated with a product. Get comprehensive multichannel views of every customer relationship — plus in-depth explorations of email campaigns, social care, and every brand journey.

Salesforce Social Studio Video

Learn how to use Social Studio. See how to reach an always-moving audience and inspire engagement when and where customers prefer.

Salesforce Social Studio Competitors

Salesforce Social Studio Technical Details

Radian6 was acquired by Salesforce.com in 2011 and - along with Buddy Media - is now part of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Salesforce now supplies social media management capabilities through Social Studio, the product built by combining Radian6 with Buddy Media, available on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.

Bottlenose, Brandwatch, and Verint Messaging are common alternatives for Salesforce Social Studio.

Reviewers rate Broad channel coverage and Automated routing and prioritization and Customer interaction histories highest, with a score of 8.

The most common users of Salesforce Social Studio are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees) and the Unknown industry.

Nicole Swanson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I spent a lot of time researching the right platform for me and our organisation (thanks to the other reviews on TrustRadius also). Having used other platforms when I found frustrations getting my everyday work done, I knew exactly what I wanted and this is why I chose Social Studio. While there have been a few hiccups, the quarterly update releases and the outstanding tech support have kept me more than happy.
Aside from what has already been said earlier, I would consider the renewal of Radian6 if the social campaign is not based on very granular metrics. Radian6 would be great for identifying the overall trend and conducting research for measurement plan.
Our company's contract with Radian6 was up in January and we came to the unanimous agreement that we would look for another software. For the 18 months we had Radian6, very few employees knew how to use it and we were ready to try something new.
May 06, 2014

Radian6 review

Consistency is the main reason we will renew our contracts with Radian. Reporting data from one tool and comparing it to another is not an apples to apples comparison and often you run the risk of pin pointing errant details that are a product of the pull rather than the meat of the conversations.
Their pricing has increased tremendously since acquisition. Customer Service has also decreased in terms of quality, account managers, and overall guidance. With that being said, there are more offerings within the tool. While there are many more competitors in the space, the decision comes down to budget allocation for an all-in-one style tool.
January 18, 2014

Buddy Media Survey

The biggest challenge is how to brand our "tab" and drive traffic to our candidates. Since we are a tab, they are unable to search for us, they would need to search for the company page and then click on the tab which is ultimately 2 clicks. The second part is our audience, college candidates do not always like a company page until they get hired. It was hard to cater specific update to a demographic age when the candidates possibly did not like our page.
I am not sure it was a savvy purchase for my firm based on the number of account users that we have in place, 1 social media manger in each of our offices, who is in charge of posting on our accounts and tracking the metrics. I do not believe it is worth the investment based on my companies needs. We overestimated its value in terms of metrics because our lack of sales function renders half obsolete.
Madison Holland | TrustRadius Reviewer
I no longer work for the company, but I know that they will be renewing and have found that Buddy Media is by far the most user friendly, competitively priced, convenient and has brought in a great deal of profit for our company.
January 10, 2014

Fan Engagement Wizardry

There were some communication issues, but otherwise Buddy Media was great.We were able to increase our fan engagement by quite a high margin, and the user interface meant that even those employees without coding skills could use the platform.
Weston Woodward | TrustRadius Reviewer
I loved using Radian6 because how powerful of a tool it was and they had a great support team. Granted, this was over a year ago and I know there have been changes in the company. The user interface can be tricky and I highly recommend getting lots of training on how to use the tool.
November 04, 2013

Robustly Glitchy

We don't get the data we need, there aren't enough social media pulls, and there are too many glitches. Radian6 seemed like a robust option for us but the results of our data pulls for client reports have been disappointing. Also, customer service was a nightmare to work with. Proper notes weren't written down and when I finally received a phone call for assistance, it was someone whose expertise was NOT Radian6.
Chirag Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
I give it an 8 because I would definitely use it again when working with a brand that has a large consumer base. Since the time I used it, many more competing tools have come out into the market, such as Crimson Hexagon, so I would recommend evaluating the features of competing tools against the business needs. Radian6 is not a one stop shop for all social media needs - it is an added layer of value over existing tools and processes, so I would only use it for a long term advertising/marketing campaign.