Reviews (1-24 of 24)
- The SendGrid API allows you to integrate the transactional email in as custom a fashion as you wish. This enables you to make the emails dispatched very customized.
- SendGrid also has a feature that allows you to use it as an email campaign manager. This eliminates the need to have two different solutions for email campaigns and transactional emails.
- The pricing structure is beneficial to those who begin with low volume. The graduated pricing allows the price to grow with use.
- The API documentation is a bit confusing.
- All of the SendGrid services are accessible from different URLs and there's no centralized dashboard.
- The WordPress plugin was pretty buggy.
SendGrid Email Marketing Review: "SendGrid is the best choice for transactional and marketing emails"
- The interface for building emails is very intuitive and easy to use
- List management and segmentation capabilities
- Customer support is very responsive and helpful
- A|B testing and dynamic content works great
- Campaign branching capabilities aren't as advanced as what is available in some marketing automation providers
- Not a lot of pre-made email templates available, but this wasn't an issue for us as we build our own branded emails.
- Robust API for delivering bulk e-mails or transactional messages to users
- Top-notch features you'd expect from any enterprise grade ESP (inbox, bounce, open tracking, click tracking, etc)
- Powerful user interface for managing many aspects of your campaigns (email templates, user lists, etc)
- Excellent inbox deliver-ability
- White-labeling features that are simple to implement (to hide the fact that SendGrid is your ESP for outgoing e-mails)
- User interface can be non-intuitive for some features
- API Documentation is lacking in some places (but user support is top notch and responsive, so answers can be had relatively easily)
- Integration with WordPress via a plugin -- 10/10
- Management of contact lists for marketing campaigns -- 10/10
- Reporting on key metrics from email submissions (contact forms, marketing campaigns, SMTP) -- 10/10
- Navigation to the Billing/Account section is a bit difficult
- Fewer emails for the send/receive data
- Fewer marketing emails
SendGrid Email Marketing Review: "Looking for a better email marketing platform? Look no further than SendGrid!"
- Allows you to create a custom template quick and easy
- Easily track the analytics of your campaign and break down things like unique opens, impressions, deliveries, etc
- It does not spam people, and is a trusted method of emailing contacts
- The organization of the main page to get to email campaigns was difficult to find at first
- When you schedule an email campaign, it defaults to the following day which I do not like
SendGrid Email Marketing Review: "An email marketing platform with all the bells and whistles that a small/medium sized business needs"
- Easy Template building and editing
- Professional reporting and testing
- Exceeds industry standards
- List/contact management could be improved.
- SPAM testing and rendering capabilities are lacking
- Pricing for mass sending is slightly above average
- Email Template feature helps me a lot. Very very easy to use and manage.
- Easy to set up, white label URL, and get emails sending through API and marketing campaigns. Fast delivery and general reporting.
- Drag and drop is laggy and a bit confusing sometimes and can be improved. I feel it's sometimes difficult to design emails.
- It provides easy setup and easy to use features.
- Email editor is very easy to operate for email template creations.
- Uploading email subscribers list is very fast.
- It lacks on multi-platform availability. We can not use it in mobile phone. Specially on Android devices.
- Sometimes Technical support does not show activeness in resolving queries.
- Unavailability of Email Drip functionality which is there in other softwares.
- Its accuracy is something which I am highly impressed with. The spam percentage is almost negligible.
- Its Drag and Drop feature in Campaign Builder for designing templates is quite easy. Even a person with an non-computer background can use it easily.
- Its segmentation feature is a very effective option for getting good results. In this feature a user can divide email list in multiple segments and send campaigns accordingly. It helps to reduce the un-subscription rate.
- Unavailability to get longer email history on web interface. Users can not get complete history of all the email campaigns on its dashboard.
- Unavailability of its Android application. It is available on iOS but not on Android platform.
- Its paid plans are very expensive for a new or growing business. They should reduce pricing for users who are having small data size.
We have multiple application like - an auction platform and incident management, where the application is configured to send information or alert emails to customers.
- The best description is - easy to configure, budgeted as per requirement, availability of APIs and templates etc.
- The reporting section could be improved.
Our developers also have said that it is a convenient tool for them to integrate with.
- Integrating with websites and mobile applications (registration, account activation, etc.) in terms of transactional emails
- Sending (and scheduling) marketing emails
- The prices are quite affordable as well (compared to other market leaders in email marketing)
- The unsubscribing and cleaning the lists is a pain. You need to use a special tool to collect all your bounced, reported, unsubscribed, blocked, and invalid emails and then you create a separate list with them to delete it (along with all the emails that match the ones in the list)... Can we make it a bit simpler?
- When you're creating/editing a marketing email, if you get into HTML code, it ceases to be a nice text WYSIWYG block and instead, you have to edit it ONLY in HTML from now on :( If I want to clear the trash in the code, it doesn't mean I want to switch to code-only.
- Perhaps it's Chrome, but the layout is buggy. For example, when I edit a marketing email and I scroll down the email, the part of the screen that has the tools for editing the text is covered by the text of my email.
SendGrid Email Marketing Review: "SendGrid gets your emails delivered and has amazing customer support."
- Good deliverabilty of emails.
- Amazing customer support.
- Easy to use interface.
- I wish there was an option to see all of the suppressions at once. Currently, I have to click down the list of 7 options which is a little annoying to search for a certain person who may be being supressed but you are not sure which type of suppression that person is under.
- Since sub-users are possible (which is a very nice feature), it would also be nice to be able to have webhooks available for each of the sub-users as well. Currently there is only one central web hook possible per account.
- The HTML editor is great! A good wysiwyg tool for marketers.
- Sendgrid offers to manage your contacts/Unsubscribe groups which is really handful.
- In the end, it would say that the platform is easy to use and user friendly.
- The price is a obviously a cons for SMBs, but it is true for the competitors.
- There's a lot of features and it can sometimes be hard to find what you're looking for.
SendGrid Email Marketing Review: "Very good at the basics of sending email and making sure it gets there"
- We use it for email notifications generated by client websites. Without SendGrid, such email messages often fail to be delivered.
- We use it for sending our clients' e-newsletter email messages. Without SendGrid, such email messages often fail to be delivered.
- SendGrid is very complicated to set up. They offer very limited phone support for setting it up and for adding client email sub-accounts.
- SendGrid seems to have service outages more often than I would have expected.
- The pricing is a little misleading. They have "free" and "inexpensive" plans but you cannot really do much of any use with those plans.
- Technical support is spotty - sometimes they are instantly available and sometimes not.
- Ease of Use - SendGrid is really very easy to use, from creation of emails to the actual delivery. This is helpful because in instances where our marketing team members are busy with other projects, an admin like myself can easily come in to assist.
- Statistics - The reporting functionality is great for us too as it gives us insight as to performance of our emails which helps greatly in optimizing.
- Customer Service - The SendGrid team has always been helpful with regards to best practices, new products coming out and answering any questions that we may have.
On the B2B side, we have not found it to be as appropriate mainly because we tend to want to hit those people in a different way and the stats around those are different.
- SendGrid is incredibly easy to use and implement.
- SendGrid provides an inexpensive tool that the sales team can leverage for high ROI.
- SendGrid has great support and has been willing to work with us on all our needs.
- SendGrid is a little too basic and therefore has not replaced all the functionality we need in Marketing Cloud/Exact Target.
- High deliverability rates
- Easy and robust API implementation
- Cost-effective plans for enormous email send
- Pricing can be a double-edged sword -- you can easily underpay for a plan and get hit with big overages, and you can just as easily overpay for a plan you don't need. Paying in advance is a real gamble.
- SendGrid is for more technically proficient users. I would only recommend this program to developers or highly technical email marketers.
- SendGrid doesn't come standard with Drip Email features (at least last time I checked). As far as I know, it's a newer feature and comes at a separate cost. In my opinion, that's a hole in their feature coverage.
Not great if you're a smaller company just starting out or if you're a non-technical staff. Terrible if you're just trying to send simple, WYSIWYG marketing emails.
- The drag and drop feature to build your newsletter is easy to use.
- You only pay for the email you send so pricing is extremely reasonable.
- Customer service and technical support is difficult to get a hold of unless it is through email which has a longer response time.
- Very HTML and coder based so if you do not know how to code, your options are limited.
- Little bugs will make parts of your newsletter not come out right like spacing or colors in certain areas.
SendGrid Email Marketing Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About SendGrid Email Marketing
Simplify the way that you drive customers engagement and achieve your business goals with SendGrid Marketing Campaigns!
Enjoy powerful, yet straightforward segmentation, flexible and frustration-free campaign editing, and actionable analytics—all powered by the leading email service provider trusted by over 78,000 customers globally, including Airbnb, Spotify and Uber.
We help marketers like you send with confidence by providing:
FLEXIBILITY TO WORK YOUR WAY
Our campaign building process is free from frustrating, rigid step-by-step wizards that slow you down. Choose-your-path editing options save you time, whether you prefer code, design or a mix of both.
EASY, HIGH-IMPACT SEGMENTATION & PERSONALIZATION
Our intuitive, clean UI makes it clear who you’re targeting, and personalizing campaign subject lines and content is as easy as dreaming up the custom fields you want to import.
ACCESSIBLE, ACTIONABLE ANALYTICS
We bring the most important campaign stats front and center so you can quickly gauge performance and iterate When it’s time to dig deeper, take advantage of robust email activity data, inbox and geography insights and more.
PROVEN DELIVERABILITY, SCALE & SUPPORT
Choosing Marketing Campaigns means choosing the proven scale, deliverability and expertise of SendGrid. Getting your messages to the inbox is at the core of everything we do. 24/7 support and access to expert onboarding and deliverability services means never having to go it alone.
SendGrid Email Marketing Competitors
SendGrid Email Marketing Technical Details