- It's easy to use and pick up new updates.
- It was constantly being updated with the ever changing industry.
- Created aesthetically pleasing reporting and posting on behalf of my clients.
- Couldn't tag other pages directly from Shoutlet (ie: posting a Mashable post and tagging Mashable).
- Had to manually set the best time for it go out when a lot of other platforms have the capability to set the best posting time for you.
- No guarantee on quality of photo size.
- Ease of use/Intuitive - Training was relatively easy and basic functions are simple to figure out.
- Creative ideation - Shoutlet teams are great at being on hand to share best practices from other clients and their own experience
- Great employees - The Shoutlet team is always very friendly and easy to talk to
- Functionality - We have a complex company and run into a lot of bugs with Shoutlet. They are fond of providing work arounds but a lot of what they are fixing, we thought was agreed upon functionality.
- Work Flow - The work flow capabilities were slightly exaggerated between our tool review to actual implementation. The biggest gap is that if you are using workflow for a post approval, it does not track who makes changes or notify approvers when changes are made.
- Hierarchy - Our companies unique set up has provided a challenge in sharing content down though our profiles.
- Analytics - We've been challenged with pulling analytics (Twitter) based on tags which means even if we tag an entire campaign, we cannot get comprehensive analytics for it.
- The contest/everywhere page feature on Shoutlet is fantastic. It is user-friendly to set up and manage. The end product looks clean and professional
- The Shoutbox feature is incredibly easy to use to create, preview and schedule posts. I love the flexibility it gives in types of posts, ease of scheduling and ability to target your fan segments based on a large variety of inputs.
- The calendar makes it incredibly easy to keep track of what is being posted where and when.
- Honestly, every time I've had a technical issue with Shoutlet, their Tech Therapy team has been quicky, friendly and very helpful.
- My one big "complaint" about Shoutlet is that you can't tag other Facebook pages within the Shoutbox, but that's due to Facebook restrictions.
- The Canvas is the best tool I've used for building a landing page or promotion
- Monitoring social channels is a breeze
- Waiting for a bookmarklet to share stories found on the web moreeasily, but it is in the works
- Scheduling posts across multiple social accounts
- Easy implementation of contests (set-up and tracking entries)
- Amazing reporting for all social channels in one tool
- Good Social CRM to track conversations on different platforms from one easy-to-navigate dashboard
- For contests, adding Facebook authentication for entries/voting is a bit hidden. It's possible, but you have to know where to look.
- Shoutlet's Account Management team has always been extremely helpful in providing feedback on tool updates and taking our recommendations to the Shoutlet development team.
- We use Shoultet to manage social media customer service responses. Shoutlet makes it easy to have seperate log-ins for our customer service team members and to manage those different log-ins and permissions.
- Shoutlet has been really good about updating and growing with our organization's needs. They have been very receptive to feedback and recommendations on how we can see Shoutlet improving and becoming even more easily integrated into our efforts.
- I would like to see Shoutlet improve the usability of their "Shoutlet Profiles" module. It has improved over time, but I would like to see more individual user metrics such as affinity, time spent engaged per user, and monthly interactions by user.
- I would also like to see Shoutlet redesign their "manage urls" module and URL shortener. The shortener works well, but I would like the interface to be more user friendly, and be able to access it throughout the rest of the tool. Perhaps in a slide out drawer.
- Unfortunately, Shoutlet does not offer a Pin scheduling tool at this time. This would be a HUGE asset for them to have.
- Shoutlet connects to all of the major social networks. They continually look to add compatibility and engagement options for new social networks as they grow in popularity. The social media world moves fast, so keeping up with new trends and features is greatly welcomed.
- Excellent customer service. They have a great support staff that provides valuable, clearly written tutorials that are quick and easy to understand. Their whitepapers, webinars, and training sessions are also very helpful.
- Social Canvas. Shoutlet makes it easy to build Facebook apps, microsites, or landing pages through their Social Canvas tool. Whether you're trying to build an email collection app for Facebook, create a contest/giveaway to drive engagement, or create a landing page on your website that showcases videos, social links, or blog posts, Shoutlet can make it happen.
- Social Switchboard is a great tool, but it might not be as useful for businesses with smaller social media followings.
- I would like to see more features in Shoutlet that emphasize the value of Email data. More features that pull emails, support email marketing efforts, and easily transfer to other platforms would be a welcome addition.
- I really like the Poll feature in canvas, but it lets you vote more than once and that can skew the results. I would like to see more features built into the Poll design functionality.
- Quick execution of social contests that easily adapt to mobile and can be launched on social channels and brand-channel websites simultaneously.
- Identifying key influencers within a social community.
- Planning and organizing effective content distribution for multiple brands and multiple social channels.
- The Social Contest "Canvas" functions have some room for improvement in terms of usability for participants in a social contest. Simple changes such as being able to show notifications in a modal window centered on the user's browser, rather than a notification pinned to the top of mobile and "anywhere" pages would make the platform more usable. Shoutlet is making constant improvements and really listens to its customers like us. We've had thoughtful conversations about usability that we believe are taken seriously, not filed away.
Just as important as the constantly evolving set of tools within Shoutlet is the opportunities for constant learning and training provided by the Shoutlet team. New opportunities to learn and become more immersed in the social space are available every day, and our own experience and skill sets with Proof's team has really expanded our ability to be an adviser and partner with our clients' social media programs.
I couldn't be more pleased with Shoutlet as a platform, and the friendly dedicated team of professionals they've assembled. I urge you to meet with them, get to know Shoutlet and take your social media efforts to the next level.
At Lindt Canada we use Shoutlet to help us manage our social media presence, as well as create and host consumer promotions. In a nut shell, the main problems that Shoutlet addresses for us are:
- Community Management - efficiently post to multiple platforms and targets at the same time
- Contest and Facebook tab creation in-house, no development resources required
- Amazing and proactive client support - the whole team at Shoutlet will go out of their way to find solutions and fix problems
- I'd like to see more robust and integrated reporting, and the functionality to custom build reports on the fly.
- Scheduling posts to Facebook/Twitter is a breeze, and makes our social marketing calendar much easier to manage.
- Contest implementation is one of our favorite things about Shoutlet. We're able to collect much more meaningful information about our fan base and provide more engaging sweepstakes for them!
- Shoutlet doesn't cover our entire social media landscape - yet. While there's some decent integration with Pinterest (and I believe a growing integration with Instagram), there's still room for improvement here!
- I particularly favor the capability to archive comments per customer and attach privately viewed contact information for that person.
- The ability to like, delete, and retweet within the system with the click of a button!
- 'Assign task' is convenient to delegate issues of importance to be worked immediately.
- Many times upgrades caused bugs that stopped our teams from being able to respond to comments or view what was coming through as feedback.
- At the height of our peak season I found it difficult to delegate work to multiple agents in the same account due to the way feeds are run and the max results per page and the system duplicating results because multiple accounts are being pulled into one feed.
- Being able to pull all comments or 'tweets' made by one user for Twitter accounts mirroring Facebook functionality.
- Building contests and Facebook tabs is extremely easy and user friendly.
- Shoutlet's Social CRM is a great for keeping an eye on all of our Social Media sites. The mobile app works great for work on the fly!
- Shoutlet's reporting and analytics help us see what areas are performing the best and which areas need some help.
- We are hoping that in the near future there will be an area for Pinterest. However, we do understand that Pinterest is the one that needs to allow that.
- Shoutlet makes it extremely easy to create custom Facebook tabs and run Facebook contests through the Social Canvas. No other program gives you as much ease and flexibility as Shoutlet.
- Since we have multiple clients utilizing Shoutlet sub-accounts, it makes it seamless for us as an agency to control the social media marketing efforts of all of our clients within one dashboard.
- Our clients rely heavily on reports, and Shoutlet has consistently make improvements to the reporting platform to allow us to track the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- If possible, it'd be great to be able to create different word filters on Facebook and on Twitter. For our bank clients, they want to control negative comments on Facebook, while on Twitter, they prefer using the word filters to be able to "jump into" conversations related to their products/services.
- Some of our clients have requested that they can post directly to Google+. I have heard this is in the works, though.
- We sometimes send our clients 3 post ideas at a time via email for certain campaigns. They select the one that they want us to post and then we post it on their behalf. It'd be great if there was a way to set up "idea' posts in Shoutlet.
- The content calendar greatly simplifies the production and approval process.
- Contests are easy to launch and run.
- Makes cross department social projects easier to coordinate.
- Edits to posts do not always save properly.
- Edit pop up can be slow to load.
- Analytics – I'm able to pull any report on any (or all) of our social media presences with little effort. This makes it easy to analyze trends and keep an eye on the overall health of our social media activities.
- Content Scheduling – Shoutlet's calendar feature has been of great value to us. Being able to draft and schedule content for all our Pages well in advance helps us save time and avoid having to comb our resources last minute to come up with content.
- URL Shortener and QR Codes – I love the click metrics I get from Shoutlet on all shortened URL. Whether it was a URL shortened through posting content on our social Pages, or a URL shortened that was distributed elsewhere, I can easily get the click data I need. We don't use too many QR codes, but it's nice to able to manage them in the same place as well.
- Contests – With limited resources, it's great to be able to build Facebook-friendly contests so easily. Without a dedicated designer on our team, we're still able to produce, distribute and easily manage contests. On top of that, the contests don't need to live on Facebook. We can put them on our blog of another landing page – definitely a value point for us.
- Social Profiles – I'm not sure I'm utilizing this feature as best I could be. I'd like to be able to edit, tag, and manage our Social Profiles from the CRM dashboard. So, if I see something posted by an influencer, it would be nice to tag that person as well as the post as influential.
- Instagram & Google+ – I'm happy that these two platforms are now integrated into Shoutlet, but I wish they could be as developed as the API's for Facebook and Twitter. I understand these are API restrictions and not necessarily Shoutlet restrictions, though.
- Social Calendar – It would be helpful to be able to change the time or day of a scheduled post after you select 'post' rather than only being able to do that while it is draft form.
- Contests - easy to understand and run once built
- Insights - good insights for Twitter at the time
- Creating the tabs could have been a smoother process, Shoutlet IT had to be involved numerous times to connect tabs and it was not an easy process.
- Excellent support staff, based in Madison - a real person always answered the phone!
- Deep, robust system that can handle a lot of the details of social media management while making sense of it for you.
- Reps assigned to each account are very friendly and ready to help with social campaign ideas and ways to integrate Shoutlet into communication plans.
- The user interface for developing Shoutlet content has become less user friendly over the years. It used to have a node-style editor that was easy to pick up and use without much training, making it simple to create the widgets I needed at the time. The new 'Canvas' tool is less intuitive, and there were items I was trying to create with it that failed to come to fruition, even after calling the support line and getting help with it.
- I never remember it being easy to access my Shoutlet files, with it usually requiring 3 to 5 clicks to get to them.
- Buyer beware - this is not a tool for a small, understaffed communications / IT departments. It is a very robust social media management tool, and priced that way. You will likely need to have at least one staff person dedicated to social media in order to get your money's worth with Shoutlet.
- Integrating platforms - nothing "falls through the cracks"
- FULL coverage at a glance
- Organization - time saving on logging in, out, and the risk of any "mistakes" in the process
- Easier way to customize the color/ look and feel of charts for easy export custom to each company
- A way to search hashtags that are similar to an exact match (i.e. for those who made a typo)
Review: "Shoutlet Excels at Meeting Customer's Requests While Consistently Improving Tool To Exceed Industry Expectations"
- Scheduling posts out in a calendar format that is easily reviewed and can track our analytics
- Customer service is excellent - immediate response on a variety of issues.
- Task team is very willing and open to accepting outside ideas and customer opinions/recommendations.
- The Linkedin connection for analytics could be improved. We need to have ways to track individual tags vs just filters.
- The ability to save posts. They do offer the ability to copy a post and use it again but a system to file and save posts depending on their campaigns would be a great addition.
- Tagging is something that needs an immediate fix. Once a tag is added there is no way to regroup this tag under another name if the company decides to head a different direction with the tool. Spelling errors or Capitol Letters play a role in this as well where we have multiple tags that are the same tag, just typed in differently. No way to combine these tags under one uniform Tag moving forward. Also, no way to go back and consolidate past post tagging.
- The ability to manage and publish to various social accounts from one platform. This feature helped us to have a cohesive social strategy and saved us a lot of time having to go back and forth between accounts.
- The module that allowed us to build contests and custom landing pages was perhaps my favorite part. For the contests, it proved to be ultra convenient to be able to build, host and run social promotions through the same platform that housed our social accounts and lists. From a landing-page-design standpoint, it was also wonderful and time-effective for each individual department to be able to build professional and dynamic pages themselves rather than tasking it to our web designers who really didn't have the time.
- I was also very pleased with the customer service we received from the Shoulet team. From the original demo, to the training sessions, all the way through to back-end service maintenance, everyone we dealt with was available, accommodating and friendly. Not entirely common in this day in age.
- At the time we didn't have the Shoutlet mobile app (at least not that I was aware of). But this seems to not be the case anymore.
- Shouts (posts) can be created for multiple platforms at once. Very useful when needing to share a message across multiple platforms.
- Reporting is robust.
- The CRM tool is very useful, overall, despite some issues.
- When submitting Tech Therapy tickets, some are escalated to developers as it is an issue beyond the Therapist's ability to troubleshoot. You will never hear from them again.
- Some SCRM features are buggy and have yet to be addressed by the development team. For example, Twitter mentions do not all load into the corresponding stack.
- The mobile app does not integrate many of the features. Some of the options available in SCRM are not present on this platform, though it is supposed to be a mobile version of SCRM.
Review: "So many social media tools that start with "S" but here's one where the S is for Shoutlet and Services!"
- Customer Service - very professional
- Customization of the application to meet the organizations model
- Attentive to details
- Very professional
- Documentation of the application
- Proactive around application issues instead of being reactive
Overview of application - no sales pitch
Customer referral or request to speak to other customers around implementation of product
Ability to speak to implementation specialist, or developer to get into the weeds of the application
- The marketing team loved utilizing Shoutlet's Canvas tool which allows you to design and manage multi-channel social contests. These contests significantly increased our brand's engagement.
- The customer support is great. Your account manager hosts monthly calls to update you of product enhancements and to suggest ways to enhance your social strategy for upcoming campaigns. The support team is helpful in teaching how to use the tool. They also have a library of resources to help you walk through each function of the tool.
- Shoutlet provides frequent webinars on social media best practices. They are the best webinars out there.
- The cost of the product is steep and business leaders aren't totally convinced of social media's value so it's a hard to sell to leadership.
- There's a lot of competition. There are some social media management tools that integrate much more with sales platforms that help show ROI better.
- Facebook Contests
- Custom content distribution across many channels
- Customer Service and service desk help
- Better social listening functions (could be a product of my contract)
- Slight updates to the "shout box" to help people who post to multiple pages
- Metric Tracking - I am able to pull metrics for all of the accounts I have linked through Shoutlet. It is a quick and easy way to pull all of my social metrics at once.
- Content Scheduling - I am able to schedule content through Shoutlet and track metrics after the content has been published.
- Custom URL Shortener - I prefer to use this tool to a tool like bit.ly for shortening URLs.
- I'd like to see Instagram and Pinterest integrated into the platform.
Shoutlet Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Shoutlet is a cloud-based social relationship platform that enables marketers to publish, engage and measure social marketing campaigns and activities on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google+, and YouTube.
The product’s focus is on quantifying return on social, integrating social data into business and scaling social across the enterprise. Features include tools for social CRM, creative design, social listening, ads, workflow management, contest design and execution, and analytics with integration with recognized web analytics tools from Google Analytics, IBM Digital Analytics, Omniture and Webtrends.
Shoutlet was acquired by Spredfast in August 2015.
Shoutlet Technical Details