Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 20, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Spanning is used across our entire organization of approximately 80 active users. Every active user mailbox, as well as Google Drive storage contents, are backed up with Spanning. All files types including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms as well as Microsoft and Adobe file types are backed up perpetually and available for restoration.
- Perpetual email and file backups.
- No limits on backup volume, capacity or file types.
- Excellent Management Console for Administrative users.
- End-user access available for self-management.
- Easy to enable and disable various accounts for backup.
- Easy to restore emails and files from one account to another.
- Administrative users can backup multiple accounts at one time, but can only restore one account at a time.
- Management console navigation opens additional tabs, but I believe they are working to improve that.
- It would be nice to be able to delete emails and files from user accounts from within Spanning instead of having to login to Google as the user.
- Google Forms meta-data is not able to be restored to other accounts.
Read William Reese's full review
Spanning is well suited for backing up Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, and Form data, as well as other file types including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Acrobat PDF, PhotoShop and InDesign files. It also backs up media files of all formats. It is not well suited to backing up Access databases. It can also not restore Google Form meta-data.
August 16, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
We are currently using Spanning for G Suite to backup several of our more critical users. I enjoy the extra peace of mind knowing that should something get deleted, I've got the users covered. Initially I looked into the software after concerns of an employee exiting the company were brought to my attention.
- Well, first of all it does what its name suggests: it backs up G Suite and does a fantastic job of doing so.
- Recovery of files is as simple as locating what you require and hitting go.
- The setup process took less than 30 minutes.
- Nothing that I would really need? It's a pretty well rounded software as is.
Read this authenticated review
Anyone who is a GSuite Administrator and wants added functionality should look at this. Never worry about accidental email deletion again!