Spiff

Spiff Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Spiff is being used by our sales department and has helped streamline how we receive details of our payouts month over month. It had removed the need to receive emails and Excel reports and screenshots and provides a personalized view of all aspects of our payouts, history, details of deals and paid dates.
  • Detailed and clean reporting
  • Structured viewing of calculations for different payouts
  • Streamline process to get commission details
  • More detailed customization of structure based on organizational needs
Spiff has removed the manual processes we had in place to receive our commission reports and details. It's made it easier to plan my budgeting because I know exactly what my compensation will look like and I see real time updates to this data and how it affects me, how it has affected me and how it will affect me based on trends. Really excited our company moved forward with Spiff as it has saved everyone time and removed a lot of friction.
It's extremely user friendly. I am a visual learner so being able to see charts and trends is helpful but also all the detailed reporting on every aspect of my compensation has made it easy for me to get the answers to everything I need. It typically would take Sales Ops a few days to get back on questions who's answers are now easily available in my dashboard.
I definitely feel like the calculations are more trustworthy with a system like this; there are less emails, and more visibility into how calculations are actually made.
Spiff is being used within multiple teams across the organization for their incentive plans, and is within the Operations team to handle and code in the backend. It addresses the old problem of just having spreadsheets and more haphazard ways of distributing commission plans. Now we have everything in an organized space for co-workers to look at thanks to Spiff.
  • Calculates Incentive Plans for our Reps without any additional manual work besides coding the initial plans
  • Displays the plans in an easy to read format
  • Has multiple resources for accelerated learning of Spiff
  • Some formulas and coding are not that intuitive
  • Sometimes Spiff is too transparent with the information that is shared on the reps' plans from a front-end perspective
  • There are many workarounds that we code (specifically with statement cards on the front-end) that take more time
When Spiff is Well Suited: You have a lot of reps and co-workers that need incentive plans, this platform is very useful for a larger team that needs to be consistently updated in regards to their plans.

When Spiff is Not Well Suited: When the company is very small, it's easier to manually calculate a few people's plans than to put all the code in the backend just for a few co-workers.
Once Spiff gets going, it's an incredibly useful tool. Especially when the company is so large and many workers are based off incentive plans for their salary, it's a very useful platform. However, the learning curve is pretty steep - especially for people without much coding experience, and may be hard to grasp and frustrating for certain people.
I feel like Spiff has increased the level of trust I have in the compensation process. I know more about commission plans and how we code them in the backend. Now we have better alignment between the Operations team and other teams, and it's definitely increased productivity in the company.
William (Matt) Wood | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is being used by our company, specifically the Sales organization and all supporting roles, to indicate what our projected commission is going to be. It provides visibility and clarity into expected payments where before we were aimlessly wandering the dark and waiting to be told "what" is to be expected.
  • Visibility into expected payments.
  • Top-ups (rolling commissions).
  • Ease of use and flexibility.
  • Automation through providing emails regarding adjustments to commission payouts.
  • Integrations with other platforms.
  • Enhanced drill-down capabilities into reports.
I think Spiff is an excellent tool that serves the Sales organization as a whole. There were times in previous organizations where we had to look at reports in SFDC or other CRMs to ballpark what our expected commission payout was going to be and it could be quite burdensome.
Spiff absolutely deserves [a 10 out of 10 rating]. If you want to provide value to a member of the Sales organization then you know that "money talks." It's the language we are all accustomed to. Being a Sales Engineer and having a portion of my OTE coming from commission it is imperative that I know what/when to expect it and Spiff does exactly that.
It has increased the visibility and transparency into how the commissions are calculated based on the tier structure my organization employs. It leaves no shadow of a doubt when it comes to how the commission number was derived and that instills faith and trust in us as members of the Sales organization.
Roxanne Bilski | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Spiff for all quota-carrying roles, including pre and post sales. Prior to Spiff, our Finance team was compiling data from Salesforce and sending out a commissions spreadsheet at the end of each month with our expected earnings. As our teams continue to grow, this was not scalable! Spiff now not only helps to ease the workload of our Finance team, but is a tool that our teams love to use, as they can see their expected commissions earnings refreshed daily.
  • Commission tracking
  • Trust in the commission process
  • Drive engagement and motivate teams (monetarily)
  • Sometimes Spiff doesn't sync in real-time (we've had some outages for days at a time), and we have to ask our Finance team to work with the team at Spiff to troubleshoot.
Spiff is well suited for a high-growth company. As your company continues to grow, there is no time for all of the manual work required of spreadsheets. Move away from those spreadsheets and get a tool like Spiff, which gives real-time visibility across your sales organization.
Spiff is so easy to use! Clean UI design. App for employees to download and keep track of their earnings!
Spiff has definitely increased visibility into how commission calculations are made, giving the team a better understanding of what their commissions will look like for OTE and when they hit their accelerators.
Spiff is being used for all commissioned employees across the organization. It provides those employees the ability to see their real-time results at any given time. It also makes calculating commissions more automated with less risk of human error than with Excel. This has drastically cut down the time required on Finance's end to pay out commissions each month.
  • Provides detailed information to employees regarding their commission calculations.
  • Allows companies to tailor their calculations to their commission plan specifics.
  • Increasing controls over calculations and approvals.
  • There are sometimes little quirks or bugs in the system but the team is really responsive to fixing these.
Spiff has been well suited for all of our various commission plans and needs. I can't think of a situation where it would be less appropriate. It's very customizable so I think fits a ton of different scenarios.
The app is very easy to use and the team is very helpful if there are ever any features that we need assistance with.
Spiff has definitely increased the accuracy of the commission calculations by removing the manual processes and automating them. It also allows for the commissioned teams to see their real-time results. This helps managers monitor progress each month and work with the team accordingly. With one place for all commission information, it reduces the back and forth between Sales and Finance as well.
September 10, 2021

Spiff review

We use it to track commissions across our Sales team. We were using a variety of complex spreadsheets and it was cumbersome. Spiff allowed our SVP of Sales and Accounting team to better track and payout our commissions on a monthly basis.
  • Track where I am to plan.
  • Cool visuals.
  • Keep data accurate.
  • I should be able to see what my total yearly number is. I can find this anytime in my inbox but I don't see it in the app.
Teams that have complex commission plans.
Nice UI, easy to navigate.
It's laid out nicely, easy to understand, and I can access it at any time.
Brian Lubocki | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used by our Sales to align commission numbers with Finance, against other programs including Domo. It quickly allows Sales to true up expected commissions against actual numbers, giving Sales breakdowns by deals and delivered line items. It also provides visualizations to help monitor and analyze trends during the year.
  • Visualizes data
  • Quickly breaks down commissions by month and quarter for the year
  • Show commissions against deals and programs
  • In-line definitions
  • look-backs more than last year, ie 2019
  • more visualizations ie quarterly trends vs month, annual trends
  • a way to average personal commission rate against FY
Spiff is a clean, easy to understand platform to access recognized revenue amounts and commissions. Less useful for more complicated analytics or any need to take deeper dives into data. Not much if any customization abilities.
As I go through this questionnaire, I'm realizing that my company must not have set up comprehensive access to the platform for sales, making it a bit flat in terms of usability and functionality. That said, what I do have has been great, very streamlined and easy to use. Some of the functionality I'd like to see may actually be available, but I'm not a decision-maker for who gets what access. Hard to comment on anything I cannot directly use or see.
Spiff has impacted the automation of our internal process between booked, delivering and recognizing revenue for payout to Sales. It has streamlined discrepancies between multiple platforms for commission payouts.

Spiffy Review

George Yates | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is being used by our sales team in order to provide visibility to my engineering team as to exactly how much commission we have earned on a monthly basis. It also provides clarity into what accounts have paid, and what I can expect to be paid in my next bonus, as well as in subsequent top-up amounts as accounts pay.
  • Account Payment Visibility
  • Granular breakdown of bonus structure
  • Constant access at anytime to knowledge about the health of the sales business.
  • More clarity on when accounts are scheduled to be paid
  • Linkage to salesforce to click into certain accounts
  • Commission showing on a monthly basis instead of every 3 months
Spiff is really well suited to start-up sales cycles, and providing visibility for the sales team, and the sales team affiliated employees into the overall health of the business, and how it affects their bottom line personally. It's less well suited to companies where everyone is on a pooled commission structure, or where Sales isn't as important to the company
It's super easy to use, but is a little shallow as a tool, so that does provide it with a little limitation in usability
Definitely makes me feel more motivated and more valued at the company knowing exactly how I'm getting compensated, and it doesn't give me the feeling of my commission being decided arbitrarily in a black-box setting.

Spiff Review

We use Spiff to calculate commissions for our pre-sales and post-sales teams mainly - really anyone with commission structured compensation.
  • Accuracy
  • Very much a new user so not much to add here.
Spiff is great for customizing plans across different departments and making the front end of things very clear and easy to operate. The backend is somewhat more difficult - definitely requires training without prior coding knowledge - but Spiff University is pretty comprehensive and provides a lot of great resources.
Frontend user interface is very simple - backend requires much more training.
Sales reps definitely trust the process.
Spiff is being used across our sales department (both Account Executives and Business Development). It helps automate manual calculations of commission payout and allows us to double-check the commission statement for any inaccuracies or issues prior to receiving our paychecks. Since we're paid out only once a customer has paid, this helps us understand which customers haven't yet paid as well, so we know which paycheck we can expect to receive the commission.
  • Commission Tracking
  • Automation of Commission Calculations
  • Real-time visibility into commission and compensation pay-out timing
  • Mobile App could be improved, but I like that I have the option to access from my phone
Spiff is well suited for sales orgs that have monthly or quarterly commission plans for their sales team members where there's a defined commission pay-out rate. The commission payout rate can be different across the different sales team members. So the only scenario I find it may be less appropriate is on an annual commission plan, but given I'm not, I wouldn't be able to confirm this for sure.
Spiff offers very straightforward dashboards with both 'forecasted' and 'actual' commission payouts as well as the time periods they're expected to be paid. The dashboards are easy to navigate. However, on a quarterly commission, it could be improved to deduct the paid commission in an easier way. The mobile app usability could also be improved upon.
Spiff does make me feel like I have increased visibility into how commission calculations are made, can trust that calculations are made accurately (and not manually in an excel sheet), and has provided better alignment across teams. It's also reduced the friction of having to reach out to operations/finance to address any issues with commission calculations.
David Koehler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workfront has used this solution for all commission sales, which makes it very easy and efficient. The entire commissioned sales team leverages the solution today. Each chart and report is drillable, allowing us to see detail on each month, quarter, and year and what trends are like. I would like to see an integration with our support team in case we find any further errors.
  • UI/UX
  • Simple and intuitive
  • Flexibility to understand and dig deeper into where the commission is going from
  • Integration with Salesforce would also be key to understand the direct linkage
  • Does exactly what the sales team needs without overdoing on functionality
  • Integration with support team in case we need to submit a ticket
We have exclusively used Spiff for calculating sales commissions, which are tied to our Salesforce. It is updated every 24 hours and can track and calculate future and prior commissions. I don't think it would be ideal for small transactions, as that would get tedious in tracking. The ability to add more collaboration in the tool would also be valuable.
I do not see any true faults in the system. It was easy to set up, get trained, and immediately see the value in this solution. Again something I would definitely recommend to another company.
100%; I now have better confidence in how my commission is paid out and when it will be paid out. Visibility is everything when getting paid, and having a dashboard that updates daily vs. monthly has been huge for my sales and team. Collaboration would be nice within the tool but not 100% needed.
Frederick Axelgard | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is being used across the organization. Our previous solution was spreadsheets/Google email sent out everyone month. Now I have complete control over what's in Spiff as it connects directly to Salesforce. No human error is possible!
  • Up-to-date and accurate commission information at any point
  • Can access from my phone or computer - huge advantage
  • Updates fairly quickly so it's reliable at pretty much any time
  • Filtering can be tough sometimes
  • Maybe a little bit of a quicker refresh
Sales teams looking for something to improve the reliability of commission reports, communication to reps, and overall showing the maturity of an org and how much they value sales reps and something that drives many of us - that commission check.

Less appropriate? Not for me. It's extremely relevant to me and what I do. It's the best compensation management tool that I've seen. By far
Camden Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used throughout our entire sales team to track our progress on quota attainment. It's an easy place to see current and past performance, which allows you to quickly forecast end-of-year earnings. It also allows me to reconcile what I will get paid with what I am tracking I should get paid.
  • Quickly visualize quota performance
  • See past sales quota data
  • Forecast important numbers for total year earnings
  • Integrate directly within SFDC so I don't have to go to Spiff.com to view the information
  • Update results in real time
  • Add result page directly within SFDC dashboard view
Spiff is great to see where I stand during any given month with my performance. If I need to hustle, I can see it! If I'm hitting my weekly/monthly/quarterly goal, I can see that too! It's a great platform to stay accountable to quota and other personal goals.
Scott Acerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Spiff for our Sales org to help us understand what we are being paid during the quarter. In the past, it was very difficult to see what closed deals we were being paid for and when we decided to purchase Spiff we were able to easily track each deal and make sure we were being paid on all businesses that we closed as reps.
  • Clearly visualize the money you will make as a sales rep.
  • It would be nice to have an easier way to communicate with our deal desk and rev opps to tell them about opportunities that have not come through and still need to be included.
Great product to help track commissions for sales reps. We are able to clearly understand what we are being paid for. We can see our commission rate and help us know exactly how much money we will be making off of our commission paychecks. I do wish that it integrated with Okta. It would make it easier to log in.
Kelly Fitzpatrick | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Spiff to track our monthly commissions and stay on track so we hit our targets!
  • User friendly software
  • Detailed reports and updates
  • Daily updates to track progress
  • Real-time updates (or a few times a day) would be sweet.
  • Sometimes the commission shows more than it does on another system we use at the office to show our MRR.
[Spiff] is great for sales teams who like to track their commission progress. It would depend on the commission structure as to whether or not it would work well for a company.
Super user-friendly. I have never had an issue using it.
The visibility and being able to identify any changes or discrepancies in real-time is a really nice option.
Anoke Dunston | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is being used on my team to be able to track our commission! It's been an easy way to see where I am in terms of achieving my target for the month!
  • Clarity of showing your commission
  • Being able to see what overachieving looks like in terms of commission
  • Easy UI
  • Making the UI easier
Spiff is well suited for companies with commission
Easy UI
it's helped provide transparency
Danielle Della Cioppa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is being used by our Rev ops team so that our sales team is able to have a clear view of our commission and payments. It allows us to have full transparency into our commission, easily integrates with our CRM and allows us to track our payments.
  • Integrates in CRM and links with current opps
  • Updates data quickly from CRM
  • See more details about the opportunities
Spiff is well suited in sales roles or any roles where you want to track commissions and payouts
Its very easy to use, didn't require too much training in order to use it
It has given me increased visibility into how commission calculations are made so I dont have to manually track it

Getting Spiffy

Currently being used by the sales team to track our commissions. Solves the problem of waiting for commission to be manually calculated and tracked in a spreadsheet.
  • Collects all closed deals
  • Total commission calculations
  • Breakdown of monthly vs yearly totals
  • Takes a long time to load
I check Spiff to look at my commisions but not sure how else i would use it
I used what I know how to use. Loading has been an issue. Takes a long time to load
Yes I feel like I don't have to double check the tracking

Sales rep using Spiff

Angel Olavarria | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used across sales as far as I know and it addresses the problem of sales members not knowing how much they are making for a deal or for the month.
  • Visual representation
  • Easy to look at historical data
  • Simple interface
  • Errors when looking at previous months sometimes
Spiff is excellent for sales commissions
Works well, just had some issues looking at previous months
Great impact. Everything is transparent and easy to use/trace

Great tool!

Adam Gidor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Spiff to keep track on individual and team performance as well as compensation on a quarterly basis
  • Integration with SFDC
  • Accurate representation of deals
  • Nothing really, Spiff does everything I need it to
I love the ease of use of navigating between personal and team targets in Spiff
Very easy to use!
Never had an issue with data!
Spiff increased the visibility of payments and made the entire process happen without any errors

Great tool for salespeople

William Birkhead | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff has a great user interface that shows my commission in real-time. It's simple and easy to navigate.
  • Easy to follow interface
  • Real-time visibility into my commission checks
  • Ability to view past checks
  • calculate potential commission
  • More graphs/analytics
Spiff is great for sales teams looking to motivate salespersons--especially with uncapped commission structures.
Easy to use, friendly interface
I am able to track my commission checks in real time and make sure they are accurate.
Spiff is a great tool that allows commission visibility across our organization. It's been perfect for keeping track of our monthly earnings/numbers. Spiff has been very easy to follow and its platform is quite user-centric. You can easily scroll between historical commission data as well. The entire sales department uses it to my knowledge
  • Visibility to commission
  • Automated a manual process of pulling salesforce reports.
  • UX is solid and easy to follow
  • real time tracking of our current commission before the month finishes
  • I havent used the platform long enough to provide more
Spiff is well suited for visibility and automation of the commission process.
It's easy to use and user friendly
yes, I feel more trust out of the compensation process because of spiff.
Spiff is being utilized by the operations team and finance team to support sales commission calculations. This system helps solve overall sales rep transparency.
  • Data analysis
  • Communication
  • Sales metrics
  • Transparency
  • Customer service
  • Response times
Spiff is a fantastic tool for an organization's employees to easily login and evaluate their sales processes.
I believe Spiff and its supporting team is great. It is very easy to use and provides great financial insights into employee performance.
I no longer need to double check/audit sales commission calculations.
Spiff is used to track our Account Executive Commissions. It is customizable but has some flaws. The reporting features need to continue to be built out, as we have to Frankenstein multiple reports together to get a holistic view, but I believe that is on their road map. The user interface looks nice, so I believe that our users enjoy using it.
  • User Interface
  • Customizable
  • Monthly Billing
  • Reporting Features
  • Billing Correctly
If you have to track commissions based on a set plan (not a plan that varies with many exceptions) Spiff will work well. Spiff does allow for adjustments, but ideally, your plan doesn't have many exceptions.
We use it on our sales team, it helps reduce having to ask a bunch of questions on our commissions which saves us a lot of time. I really like using it to get a granular view of my monthly commissions and Year-To-Date commissions. The breakdowns are helpful with viewing what deals or opportunities my commissions are directly related to. Before, I'd be keeping my own spreadsheets of my deals, commissions, and never kept it fully up to date to use for cross-referencing my paychecks because I would rather have been spending time in revenue-generating activities. It's been easy to use and I'm happy to have it.
  • Breakdown of my monthly commission
  • Shows what deals I worked and how much commission is associated to each
  • Year to date tracking of commission and quota goals
  • I don't have much feedback of what to improve
  • I had some trouble initially navigating between months
  • There were some hiccups transitioning my quota and commissions once I was promoted and my role changed, quota changed, and commissions calculated changed
For my sales role currently and the one I held previously as an SDR/BDR, Spiff has been helpful in both scenarios. I like the autonomy of being able to jump into the Spiff app on my phone or log in on my computer to see my past performance and commissions. I think anyone working a role that involves quotas and commissions would benefit from Spiff.
There are certainly tech options out there that take a huge learning curve to adapt to, but Spiff was easy and intuitive to hop into right off the bat. Using the app is easy and on the laptop, either option is simple enough to navigate and find the information I look for.
Money is never something you want to feel like you don't know where or why it's showing up on your paycheck the way that it is. I like that I can access Spiff and see exactly where my money is coming from, where I'm at for quota or forecasting, and see the details of what goes into calculating my attainment.

Spiff Scorecard Summary

Sales ICM (8)
Sales compensation plan creation (35)
Complex sales crediting (31)
Sales compensation process automation (39)
Incentive auditing/regulation compliance (26)
Sales compensation dashboards & forecasting (40)
Incentive modeling (28)
Agile incentive strategy (28)
ICM mobile visibility (27)

What is Spiff?

Spiff states their belief that people are happiest when they are motivated and successful.

Spiff is software that aims to create trust across the organization by delivering real-time automation of commission calculations and motivates teams to drive top-line growth. With a combination of what is presented as an intuitive UI, real-time visibility, and seamless integrations into current systems, Spiff aims to become the first choice among high-growth businesses. Spiff’s sales compensation platform enables finance and sales operations teams to self-manage complex incentive compensation plans and provides transparency for sales teams.

Spiff Features

• Supported: Live calculations and real-time updates
  • Supported: Contract management
  • Supported: Team automation

Spiff Screenshots

Access real-time commission statements.Build customized plans use the My Plans feature.Create relationships to bridge different data sets.Access the full Spiff experience right within Salesforce.Tailor statements to fit your needs using Statement Designer .

Spiff Videos

Automate Commissions, Motivate Sales with Spiff
Weave's Growth Story
Spiff, the leading sales commission software for forward-thinking revenue and sales organizations, today announced $46 million in Series B funding from new and existing investors. The amount raised reflects the critical need every business has for the right kind of revenue growth that aligns both the “top-line” and “bottom-line” aspects of an organization.

Spiff Downloadables