Very user-friendly!

Spiff gives great visibility

5 stars!!

Spiff is spot on

July 05, 2022
I used it to see my quota, see my commissions, and see how I am doing overall but basically how much money I'm making.

GET SPIFFY

July 02, 2022

• Sales compensation process automation (127)
  • Sales compensation dashboards & forecasting (128)
  • Complex sales crediting (100)
  • Sales compensation plan creation (110)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Spiff, and make your voice heard!

What is Spiff?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://spiff.com/pricing

3 people want pricing too

What is SAP SuccessFactors?

SAP SuccessFactors is a suite of HR/HCM products covering these capability areas: core HR and payroll, recruiting and onboarding, learning and development, performance and compensation management, workforce analytics and planning, and employee experience management.

What is Salesforce Maps?

Salesforce Maps (formerly MapAnything) helps users map their CRM data. Users can: View customer, prospect, employee, partner, & competitor locationsBuild routes, call lists, campaigns, & event invite lists directly from the mapMap wins & losses and visualize team activities & performanceMaps is…

Product Demos

Automate Commissions, Motivate Sales with Spiff
00:55
Motivating Sales Team with Spiff
02:51
We're thrilled to announce...
00:27

Sales ICM

What is Spiff?

Spiff is a commission calculation software that takes the manual labor and complexity of commission processes and automates it. Spiff helps teams to avoid spending hours modeling, updating, and managing complex spreadsheets or old enterprise software to pay commissions. Spiff aims to turn revenue management from a behemoth kept at bay into a motivation engine that maximizes sales team engagement and accelerates their growth.

By maximizing visibility into the commission plans with real-time transparency, Spiff helps turn sales data into actionable insights. Spiff boasts one of the industry's fastest purchase to performance times. It doesn't require special connections to be coded as it connects directly to the user's CRM, ERP, and Payment Processors to reduce workload and increase accuracy every time someone checks their statements.

Spiff Features

• Supported: ICM mobile visibility

• Supported: Live calculations and real-time updates
  • Supported: Plan Document Management
  • Supported: Approval Workflows
  • Supported: Integrations to Automate Commission Related Data Fueling into Spiff's Commission Engine
  • Supported: System Activity Log to Capture all Changes to Plans and Datasets for Easy Auditing

Spiff Screenshots

Screenshot of Access real-time commission statements.Screenshot of Easily build customized plans in Spiff's robust and intuitive Designer tool.Screenshot of Automate commission-related data fueling into Spiff’s Commission Engine.Screenshot of Access the full Spiff experience right within Salesforce.Screenshot of Tailor statements to fit your needs using Statement Designer .Screenshot of Set up multi-step approval workflows to expedite statements getting approved and finalized for payroll.

Spiff Videos

Automate Commissions, Motivate Sales with Spiff
Weave's Growth Story
Spiff, the leading sales commission software for forward-thinking revenue and sales organizations, today announced $46 million in Series B funding from new and existing investors. The amount raised reflects the critical need every business has for the right kind of revenue gro...

Spiff Downloadables

Spiff Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android
Supported CountriesGlobal
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Spiff headquartered in Sandy offers their sales commission engine and automation platform, providing a personalized performance dashboard for individual contributors, commission plan building tools, approval workflow for commission plans, and integrations with payment (e.g. Stripe, Paypal), as well as CRMs and ERP systems.

Xactly Incent, CaptivateIQ, and Performio are common alternatives for Spiff.

Reviewers rate Incentive auditing/regulation compliance highest, with a score of 8.9.

The most common users of Spiff are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

September 26, 2022

Very user-friendly!

Spiff has been super helpful for transparency with our deals closing and the commissions included. This is my first time using it and it's been an amazing tool and very user-friendly.
  • Easy access
  • Visibility
  • User-friendly
  • Incorrect info in SF could lead to incorrect commissions
  • Show claw backs
  • Quarterly bonuses
Being able to track my accounts and commissions has been super helpful for me personally! I haven't had a software as helpful as Spiff and its ease of use. If anyone is looking for a commission tracking tool I would highly recommend Spiff. Our teams use it all the time!
Super user-friendly and even users who may not be quite so tech-savvy should be able to pick it up quite quickly. I feel that overall Spiff has been a great tool and I have been able to access what I need to view. It has been great for our team!
Being able to see everything in one place has benefitted our teams and keeping everything in one place. Our sales teams, compensation groups and everyone involved can use it and it is very simplified. I think any sales team should look to use Spiff as it has some fantastic benefits and resources.
Wendy West | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used for all of our GTM incentive compensation plans including sales and professional services. It provides automated calculations as well as transparency which we were previously missing. Statements are now readily available and are no longer delivered via cut and paste spreadsheets for each individual & team. It has streamlined our user review process, shortened the audit time, and helped to receive exception requests and/or data issues earlier during the audit helping us to submit accurate accruals and actual payments. It is also providing us with the data necessary to begin developing a database for costs and performance, providing up to date info to leadership as well as future modeling.
  • Calculation transparency vis the Trace functions
  • Team Lead/Manager access to up-to-date info on all Team members
  • Continual improvement of the platform has provided increased efficiencies for Admins
  • Downloaded Statements are difficult to read and do not provide the right pieces of info for users to find it helpful
  • Dashboard or high-level metric cards for Team Leads to see Team results would be a great enhancement
From my experience I feel Spiff can handle just about any Comp Plan that is thrown at it. And I also think there are multiple ways in which problems can be solved thus adding to its flexibility for complex issues as they may arise. In some cases we have payout rules that do all of the math previously contained in Excel and other cases in which we decided to simply use a table for results and targets. We've had positive feedback from our end-users and have been able to add metrics as requested. Having a tool that Admins can build upon and create/modify rules and databases is exactly what we were looking for to be as self-sufficient as possible. We've already experienced a redesign to one of our plans this year and I was able to create new rules with new requirements while still retaining and including 1H results. Also, having been a part of both a partial and full implementation (at 2 different companies) I have nothing but high accolades for the Spiff teams I worked with in both instances!
Overall the tool is user-friendly and intuitive. The articles in Spiff University have been helpful in walking me thru questions and figuring out issues I run across when playing with rules and calculations. I've found 30-minute demos for our end-users are more than adequate as they are able to maneuver around on their own very easily. Formula reading/writing in Spiff is also similar to Excel/R so one can quickly adapt.
I think that it has increased user trust in calculation results by showing them the specific details of each obligation. It has also provided a sense of empowerment with the ability to access their progress 24-7 with daily updates - I think this is the feature they appreciate the most.
Deren Bajakian | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff allows users to see exactly how much they've made in commission and from which sources of commission they have earned. Spiff is extremely motivating and allows SDRs to gain more transparency into how they're paid. Spiff is ultimate an indispensable part of sales that I could not function without.
  • Spiff allows transparency around what sales reps are paid.
  • Spiff shows your quota attainment and tracks previous performance.
  • Spiff could provide even further data into quota attainment.
  • Spiff can be more visually appealing.
Spiff is great if reps are making variable commissions from multiple sources that are easily trackable through automation. For example, CRMs like Salesforce are able to update within about a day. If a company uses a CRM that integrates with Spiff this would make for a much better end-user experience.
Spiff is able to provide immense usability by being easy to navigate and useful for tracking performance in relation to quota. Spiff allows reps to gain motivation from its ease of use and allows reps to gain insight that would have previously been difficult to ascertain without going through the CRM manually.
With Spiff I'm able to see all current and previous performance in relation to how the commission is calculated. This allows me to cross-reference what I am paid vs what I am owed. Every day I use Spiff I'm excited to log in just like a little boy on Christmas and see which accelerators I hit.
August 08, 2022

Just buy Spiff!

Hillary Anne | TrustRadius Reviewer
We purchased Spiff to help us streamline commissions and get our operations in order. So far, it has been a tremendous help in this capacity. Our teams can see their commissions with full transparency at any moment. It has been a game changer for us and saves us a ton of time.
  • Brings transparency to commission process
  • Helps track and run commissions to save time
  • Eases concerns and worries around mistakes/errors
  • I honestly can't think of anything - we love the tool.
Spiff is an extremely helpful tool, especially for remote teams. Gone are the days of hand calculating commissions and hoping you didn't miss anything. It allows the team to see exactly where they are at whenever they choose, and helps us drive more sales because of it.
Spiff is really easy to use - once you get through the setup. We change commission structures about 2X a year, depending on the needs of our business and Spiff makes it easy to stay on top of changes.
Our teams love Spiff - it brings a level of transparency to the process that we never had before. In the past, before Spiff, we would be "in the hustle" to get commissions completed as quickly as possible - this would lead to errors or accidental omissions, which always meant we had to spend even more time correcting things before the deadline. Spiff saves us from all of this.
Deepak Kushwaha | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used by my organization to disburse the sales incentive earned. Earlier the organization was facing challenges as the earlier software couldn't be customized to the sales model my org had in place. Spiff is easily accustomed to our requirements and has made the payroll department's job much easier. Not just that, 3very sales rep is now able to track their earning by simply logging into their profile and monitoring their incentives. Huge difference!!
  • It can be integrated with SalesForce very easily.
  • The opportunities with their incentive values can be monitored on Spiff very easily.
  • Every user has the right to check his or her earning. Historical data can also be checked.
  • A currency converter feature can be included. Since my incentive is calculated in USD but disbursed in INR, it would be more helpful for me to know the conversion rate used.
  • Data export in CSV feature should be included
  • In case of any discrepancy, contact to payroll team feature should be included.
I have already explained how this is helping my org and its employees currently. Transitioning from an earlier model to Spiff this year has been nothing but a blessing.
It has helped me understand my commission earning so easily that I would recommend it to every org I switch to in the future.
Spiff shows every data in not just tabular form but also through graphics and charts. You can get a glance at your performance and commission earning on the dashboard itself and if you want to deep dive, you can always scroll to tabular data. I can with all assertiveness and trust view my data and it gives me a kick to perform harder.
July 11, 2022

Thoughts from sales

Our company works with base + OTE commission. Therefore, we use Spiff to monitor our sales against our quota monthly, make sure that all sales are counted towards the correct commission rate, and understand where we are in terms of OTE against our annual quota. Our previous software to do this monitoring was not convincing to our management, and it is true that the information is displayed very clearly in Spiff in terms of sales, percentage of commission, commission total, etc. Something I did miss in this program is to have a 'profile' site where I can see my annual quota, my actual rate for each sale, etc... (this might already exist but I can't find it!!).
  • Very clear display of the commission fees per sale
  • Intuitive interface if I want to find some data in particular
  • Ability to see my sales per line contract, and not per TCV
  • Profile page to display my information (annual quota, % rate, etc)
  • Filter to search sales in particular
  • Distinction between new business rates and renewal rates not always clear
Last week, I was hesitating about what my percentage rate was for my OTE, and I logged into Spiff as I assumed that I would be able to find this information on the platform. I struggled a little bit, as there is no profile page where I can actually check what the rate is for myself. I had to physically access my sales, where you can see the total of sales per line, percentage, and amount. I believe a profile page would be helpful in order to clearly access my information.
Because I believe there is some room for improvement when it comes to displaying of rep information.
I definitely feel like the system has increased visibility into how to commission calculations are made, trust that calculations are made accurately. Therefore, there is indeed better alignment and collaboration across teams, and the communications between the sales team and the compensation team have been optimized and continue to run more smoothly than before.
We use Spiff to keep up to date with our commissions on a monthly basis. Before Spiff it was a guessing game for employees to know how many bonuses they would be receiving. Often my calculations were incorrect and would be left with disappointment and confusion. Spiff allows for the commission process to be seamless and transparent.
  • Accurate Calculations from integrations
  • A way for employees to leave notes to each managers if we feel there is a discrepancy.
It has worked great since it has been implemented in our business.
Easy to use! No complaints
There were times when I didn't even look at my paystub. I definitely check Spiff regularly and it keeps me motivated.
Spiff helps us to see our commission breakdown month by month and quarter by quarter. This helps us to best gauge how our efforts are going each month and what percentage of our quota we have yet to attain.
  • Spiff enables sales teams to accurately know commissions earned
  • Spiff allows sales contributors to know what they will be getting paid out next month.
  • Spiff makes it easier to draw contrast between months of attainment.
  • Spiff is great
Spiff is nice for being able to accurately see your commission coming up in real-time. It removes the need to wait till payday to know what's coming.
Spiff is easy to use and can be simple or robust depending on how your team uses it.
I love the visibility. No longer do I feel like I have to rely on my own numbers to know what will come through each month. It allows me to get the answers I need quickly without going to management.

5 stars!!

I use it to keep track of my commissions. Didn’t have it at my last company and was always guessing so this makes a huge difference! I use it after each deal I close so I can track how much I will be paid the following month. It puts me at ease with how much money I need to make.
  • Accurate
  • Quick updates
  • Shows what I closed
  • Mobile app
  • Edit or challenge something
  • Disputes
As I mentioned before I use it to track my commissions so for salespeople it makes a huge difference being able to see exactly what I am earning the following month. I think people in other roles might not find that much benefit from it. Not sure what the other roles would use it for
It’s pretty self-explanatory it didn’t really need any tutorial or need any buddy to give me a demo of it to see how it works. I loved that I could just jump in and see exactly what my commissions will be for the following months and didn’t need any setup.
I like it because it gives me clarity into what I’m actually making and it allows me to see a month ahead exactly what I’ll be getting in so I can plan accordingly. I will say that sometimes spiff has been inaccurate for me and I’ve had to bring it up with the people who are overcompensation at my company not sure if that is a problem with Spiff but other than that it’s been good.
I have never had any issues but I heard that people that did got help immediately. When one person gets help it allows the rest of the org to be open to training and getting help as well. I thought that was awesome how fast they supported us that time.
Spiff is fantastic. I have never been able to calculate my commission throughout a month/quarter accurately, but here comes Spiff. I log in to the platform every time I close a deal to understand what my take-home can look like at the end of the cycle. Goodbye spreadsheets!
  • Calculations
  • Vision
  • Updating quicker. - 12 hour lag.
I am able to calculate my commission throughout a month/quarter without using long and complicated spreadsheets (which are typically wrong). I log in to the platform every time I close a deal to understand what my take-home can look like at the end of the cycle.
It has a very simple front end. I am not sure how difficult it is to set up, but as a user, I don't need to think twice or double-guess anything. All I need to do is make sure my salesforce data is correct and, BAM, I can see my commission estimates.
I genuinely feel that I have increased visibility into how to commission calculations, trust that calculations are made accurately, and have better alignment and collaboration across teams. My only wish is that it could see what the taxes will look like on these visualizations. Otherwise, I trust it all.
Spiff is used to calculate my team's commission for the quarter. It breaks it down by each individual sale, including how much you will get paid for that account and any additional kickers as well.
  • Provides your commission on MRR
  • Additional Completion Kickers
  • Shows Commission Trends
  • Truly, nothing
I am obsessed with Spiff at a sales organization. No more bugging your managers, or scraping Salesforce for numbers. It's as easy as double-checking that the MRR on the deals you close is correct in Spiff, and they calculate everything for you. I would recommend Spiff time and time again to any Sales team I work with in the future.
The UI is super user friendly, and easy to navigate.
I always double-check my numbers in Spiff, but most of the time when something is incorrect, it was a mistake made on my team's end, not Spiff. It's easier to align with management when they just simply ask their team to check their numbers and confirm what Spiff is presenting is correct.
July 05, 2022

Spiff is spot on

• I can see what I'm making in my current month
  • I can see what I made previously
  • I can YTD attainment
  • I'd like my specific compensation plan to be included in Spiff
It allows me to see how I'm tracking and especially at month and quarter end, I can see how much more is needed. It does not include all my compensation metrics.
It's good but not great
I trust it completely to do my compensation accurately. I'd like to see others' compensation on my team to see how I compare.
Kumiszhan Alibekova | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Spiff to automate sales commission plans calculation. Being a startup with hyper-growth it is extremely important for us to meet the business needs of the company when we want to make sales commission calculations transparent, smooth, and reliable. We also make repostings based on the historical commission calculation stored in Spiff.
  • Transparency in commission calculation. Spiff provides a step-by-step calculations for the sales reps
  • Reporting on the historical commission data
  • Customer Success Manager's support. Fast and almost available 24/7
  • Great automation possibilities for plans of any difficulties
  • Create templates for the plans, so that the admins can use them to build their own plans
  • Allow managers to add new joiners with admins approvals
  • Maybe it would be good if we could upload the changes for the bunch of users by uploading an excel file rather than making a change for every person
Spiff can be used when your company expects to have more than 100 sales reps and more than 3 plans. It is also beneficial if you have complex plans with caps, quarterly, and annual bonuses. It is also good to use if your company plans to go public because the Spiff can provide very good reporting.
The statements are super great for admins, but for the users sometimes they get lost and do not understand the calculations provided there. Maybe pop-up hints or FAQ page for the users can help?
Spiff has definitely increased transparency in commission calculation. Sales reps know in advance how well they are doing if they overachieved or not, and Team Leads know who is the best closer in their teams
July 02, 2022

GET SPIFFY

Kayleigh Field | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used to calculate commissions. To really drive performance we needed a live feed system to our CRMs where we could choose how often the performance and therefore commissions were pulled and calculated. We also needed a system where we could make custom reports to enable us to quickly pull data to support decisions surrounding Commission and Quota. Agents can review their commissions on a daily basis and raise queries quickly.
  • Scaled well with our company growth.
  • Customer service is amazing! The people are the absolute best thing about SPIFF (apart from the product of course). When I do need any guidance, I reach out and everything is resolved with a detailed explanation of what happened or why something was occurring within 24 hours. They are all so knowledgeable and friendly at SPIFF>
  • Easy to edit the background formulas and try out different formulas using a rule where it doesn't impact live calculations and end-users can't see. It means we can test new items without the risk of interfering with live commissions.
  • Control what we pull from our CRM on a line by line basis.
  • Can handle complex formulas really well!!
  • Agent dashboard for Managers for performance could be clearer. It would be nice to have it as an opening page for managers so they could quickly see where they were.
  • It would be easier for managers to click down a hierarchy rather than having to pick each individual form drop down.
  • Our monthly downloads have too many irrelevant columns so aren't easy to use for end-users to read. The way we get around this is we copy out the data into excel from the main page.
Spiff is an excellent piece of software for any company. It deals with rate-based plans, marginal payouts, YTD plans, annual targets, quarterly targets, quarterly targets with annual true-ups, and so on. We had some complex situations and Spiff was able to input them into our system, for example rewarding both an Account Manager in an opportunity and the owner if they were different but both targeted. It is continuously developing its products by listening to its end users.
It is a great system and I find it easy to use. The Spiff team provides demos to our people and is able to answer technical questions raised. It would be easier to use if managers had dashboards upon sign-in, or the ability to click into teams and see performance as a whole. From an admin point of view error messages are one item you are taught how to read and where to find an issue.
Spiff has increased commission visibility from once a month to daily. Agents have gained trust in the fact they don't have to wait to review their items with short turnaround times.
Track my commission. We sell commercial HVAC/R equipment. Due to supply line interruptions, it is difficult to keep up with your daily/weekly/monthly sales and bonus. We use this software to help manage that task. It is difficult to track your pay and work your clients at the same time.
  • Graphics
  • Date
  • Availability
  • Design
  • Ease of use
  • Needs to update numerous times throughout the day. Only updates once daily.
  • Need more data
  • Main issue is no live tracking of your sales numbers.
This comes in handy on residential sales as those are generally "right now" situations vs commercial which are project-based. It is difficult to keep up with your numbers due to being pulled in 100 directions at a time. Where it does not work is in the fast sale transactions, I can do $100k in sales in a day, but the software does not update until the following morning so that afternoon, I have no real idea of how the daily sales are impacting my bonus.
I gave it a 7, it needs to update more often during the day which is my main complaint. For those of us in high volume sales, I can pull in $100k in HVAC equipment in an afternoon. Yet, I really do not know where I land in getting my bonus due to it only updates the next morning.
I can plan purchases better as see I see what I am earning. It greatly helps my mental health to see what I am doing on a daily basis in relation to my bonus. It takes the guesswork out of my sales numbers every day and thus I can plan way ahead for things.
Spiff is great because it allows the sales team to view our commission numbers for validation, easily clarify comp plans, and review that paychecks are correct after they come out. I always know what to expect my check to be without having to run my own spreadsheet each month.
  • Visibility
  • Ease of use
  • Calculate commission before payday
  • No issues as an end user. Not sure about the technical capabilities for our tech users
  • It takes a few days after a deal closes in our CRM before it appears in Spiff
  • The tabs for navigation aren't perfectly clear and sometimes I have to click them all to find what I need
It is great for giving visibility to commission to the sales team. I use it to be able to predict what my paycheck will be and to quickly review my check is accurate. That's all I use it for so I haven't really come across ways that it is not appropriate.
Simple to use
Spiff impacts the team by giving clear visibility in comp, clarity on specific deals value for an individual, and the ability to easily track, review and compare to pay stubs. This obviously increases collaboration and has helped to prevent errors, but would simplify the investigation if there were to be an error.
Kendrick Gilbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Spiff it automates the commissions with our sales team. Spiff helps give reps a transparent daily look into their commissions. It allows us to easily keep track of what reps are making each month. We have multiple sales departments on multiple commission plans and Spiff helps keep everything organized.
  • Spiff gives a quick view of a rep's monthly commissions.
  • It allows me as a manager to see my rep's monthly commissions in one spot.
  • Spiff keeps track of their yearly and past commissions allowing them to see their average and how well they are doing.
  • I would like Spiff to be integrated with Salesforce so we didn't have to log into another platform to view our commissions.
Spiff is a good fit for companies looking to automate their commissions. We used to do commissions in excel and it took up a lot of time doing this way. Having Spiff allowed us to automate commissions and give reps real-time transparency into their commissions.
Spiff has a clean platform that allows reps to view their commissions daily. Spiff updates every night giving the reps real-time data to see. It is a great way for companies looking to automate their commissions.
Using Spiff has allowed reps to have more visibility into their commissions and if they see any mistakes the ability to correct them sooner than in the past.
Spiff is used seamlessly for sales commissions/incentives calculations and as a disbursement tool in the organisation. It's being used in the whole organisation by whoever is eligible for incentives. The live update & sync for calculating the commissions transparently, otherwise it's very difficult for an employee to track their incentives.
  • Live sync & record of incentives.
  • Calculation is very transparent.
  • Commission break down bar chart percentage-wise.
  • Customer support centre is quick to react.
  • More clear rules while syncing the sales data from other platform.
  • Avoiding some duplicate or not relevant entries.
  • Better dashboard.
1. Spiff is absolutely well suited for immediate calculations of your or a team's variable results and planning. Immediately shows the achievement status.
2. I don't find [it would be appropriate] in sales.
Yes, commissions are more transparent and live and are readily available for anyone to track and see where he is going.
  • Online Training
support and trouble shooting doesn't require and also its been fast
Mostly for sales commissions and incentives calculation for sales department it may be used and some 1-2 departments .
Spiff is used to show us - how our commission is being calculated. It addresses the previous issue where employees cannot understand how the calculation for our commission was derived.
  • Calculate our commission.
  • Show the target/quota including the percentage.
  • Easier to monitor.
  • for me that is not really good with numbers and formulas, it would be easier if there would be a one-pager where we can see how it was calculated not by clicking several links.
  • The issue of having incorrect calculation and accelerator.
It's easy to see your current status vs your target/quota YTD and it can be design base on the number of targets that you have. Calculations are there but need several clicks to find out but since we are doing annual subscriptions I am not sure how it fits other companies that do outsourcing services and is on a monthly paying scheme.
Comparing it to the manual calculations (in my old company) and the previous tool that we are using here, Spiff has made our life easier. It helps me manage my quota accordingly. I can see where I am lacking and need to focus on and allow me to see if I am hitting the targets or not.
Yes Spiff has increased our visibility and with the history, we have on record, we can now have a basis for review for our next compensation planning. Though, we cannot avoid having some system issues along the way. The chats function in Spiff allows us to communicate better with our finance team instead of sending them emails and the fun thing is that the records of the conversation are being kept!
June 27, 2022

Spiff Review

We currently use Spiff to be able to monitor how much commission we are making. It has solved many business problems in regard to transparency of how much we are making in commission each Q and makes it easier for our commons team to share this information with all employees.
  • Great tool to show you how much commission you have made over time
  • Clear and easy to understand
  • Links with our sales data to track how much we are on track to earn, rather than just showing us the final total commission.
It is great for any bonus/commission based roles
Spiff has a very simple UI making it easy to use and understand without any formal training.
Greatly. It minimizes the risk of human error when calculating commission.
We use Spiff to track commission payout in real-time. Spiff is integrated with our CRM so the data is accurate. The main problem solved from my perspective is the lack of clarity for sales reps in understanding their quota relief payouts.
  • Tracks commission in real time.
  • Allows you to compare commission over time.
  • Drills into specific details of your commission plan.
  • Even though their dashboards are broken down by month, the actual deals are not. This makes it hard to verify if each deal is associated with the right month.
  • Sorting functionality in the "opportunities" section is pretty poor.
Spiff is great for sales organizations that lack transparency when it comes to commission payout. Before we had Spiff, everything was done via spreadsheets. If you had a question you'd have to sort through data to make sure your payment was aligned.
Dashboards are very clear and understandable. The only issue is with the opportunity sorting which I mentioned before.
Increased trust in the commission process across the board. The plan detail visibility is key to building the trust.
Jonathan Farnsworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Spiff is used to accurately calculate your commissions earned during a time period. It is useful to see how much reps can expect to earn on future paychecks instead of having to wait until after the selling period.
  • Verify that a certain deal is counting toward your quota.
  • Verify that the compensation matches your comp letter.
  • Planning for personal spending.
  • Integrate with SFDC interface.
Spiff is great for checking how your commission is calculated, deal by deal.
It's really easy to log in and see where you are standing and what deals are going into that calculation.
It definitely gives me peace of mind that my commission is calculated correctly.
Great tool, easy to use, and helps the team be more transparent about commission when the time comes. Also, alleviates back and forth between leaders and members of the team in terms of how the commission is calculated. I wish this tool was around years ago! Would've saved a ton of headaches.
  • Alleviates back and fourth between management team and sales team
  • Provides transparency for both parties
  • Easy to use UX
  • Not always the easiest to understand the formulas used
  • Occasional fixes at times that shouldn't be
  • I'd like a ddaily email of whats happening
I think the tool is super easy to use and helpful when it comes to transparency of commission. This is probably only a tool used by the sales team or alike, and I would say that's the only downside. It could be outfitted for other teams in some other way if possible to make people's lives easier across teams.
The tool is super easy and use and very straightforward in doing so. I also like the UX. Overall a must-have for any sales team.
Yes I think the tool does a great job of this!
Spiff is a great software tool for tracking quota especially for salespeople to use as they try to track their performance. It helps us to ensure we reach our targets and keep track on a weekly basis of our goals. Spiff is a very straightforward app.
  • Tracking Quota Monthly/Annual
  • Never face any bugs
  • Great UI that is intuitive
  • Frankly there are none in my opinion. Maybe a bit more visualization
I love Spiff and find it incredibly helpful to track my quota and really drill down into particular metrics. Understanding my performance and the associated commission helps me do my job better by improving my organization skills and knowing where to allocate my efforts. I can see my commission structure per period and visualize where I stand. The reporting is not incredibly advanced, but it does give a really good birds-eye view of your metrics, like total comp, compensation trends, monthly attainment, etc. It's also great because it's in real time, so as a rep I can see pending invoices to determine which accounts I need to go after. It is super intuitive and easy to use. I've never encountered any bugs.
Spiff is straightforward and easy to use. I don't see how any user could possibly get confused or tripped up. The user interface is both intuitive and elegant. Even someone without any technical skills whatsoever would be able to easily navigate the platform.
Increased visibility leads to more trust between management and salespeople so everyone is on the same page and expectations versus performance are aligned. I think it's great that the software is automated as well.
  • No Training
I needed my account to be set up and there seemed to be some technical issues with onboarding and a customer service rep made herself immediately available to liaison with our IT department to get me up and running. I did not expect them to tend to our request with such urgency.
We have a lot of commissioned reps, with various roles and plan types, and it's too much for Excel to manage without considerable risk. Spiff makes it about as easy as I can imagine the process being.
  • Commission administration
  • UX
  • Commission plan nuance and customization
  • Flexibility in approval workflows
  • Flexibility in describing fields for end-users to more easily understand
Where you have many plan types, different currencies, complex plans, and many heads you're commissioning it's the most appropriate. We have north of a dozen types, 4 currencies, and over-engineered plans, and Spiff runs like a well-oiled machine
It's very clean, clear, and easy to intuit. The only things I've had issues with they've either made improvements or are in the process of making improvements
Considerable improvement. Reps have transparency, and a sense of trust and confidence in what they're getting and why because of Spiff