Sprout Social Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Olivia Ann Hurst profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

The negative reasons I gave Sprout Social this rating is because of my inability to manage additional social platforms such as LinkedIn and Pinterest. I also wish that Sprout would integrate Instagram account and track followers, including likes and comments on photos. I also wish they provided better reporting on Twitter accounts.

Some of my positive reasons include the user-friendliness of the dashboard and services offered. Their stellar customer service is a big reason why I keep coming back - there are too many companies that lack in customer service, so when I find a company that provides the customer service I need, I like to stick with them! Another plus about their customer service - they're always extremely friendly (I've caught Carolyn on a crazy day before and she still was absolutely fantastic) and also ALWAYS follow-up to make sure that your issue has been addressed and resolved. And, on the occasion where my issue was because of user error, they were pretty nice about it!

Sprout Social is perfect for you if you're looking for an easy-to-use but thorough dashboard to manage your social accounts.
Read Olivia Ann Hurst's full review
Ryan Collins profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

It's easy to use with a stellar support team. Being able to look at the overall performance of our channels and then take a deeper dive in is great. The RSS feed and bitly integration are just icing on the analytics cake. Plus, their Sprout Insights eBlast is packed with information and helpful takeaways.
Read Ryan Collins's full review
Ryan Montano profile photo
March 16, 2015

Sprout Social Review

Likelihood to Renew

I love the UI and UX design of sprout. It is so easy to use and visually pleasing and I have no problem staring at it all day. I connects to most of my social channels and even to my companies google analytics account. I wish it had a connector to other more robust analytics engines like Anametrix, but for what I am doing it works great. Sprout creates visually pleasing reports that wow my executive team. Also, all the data is available via CSV files so I can add it to other reports within the Anametrix platform when needed. No matter how large or small your marketing team is, the scalability, the ease of use, and the great support makes Sprout Social a great tool for any social media manager. There are lots of social media management tools out there: hoot suite, tweet deck ect. These are good, but sprout social has it figured out they understand that UI and UX design are important and do a great job of making the tool easy to use and look at.
Read Ryan Montano's full review
Shonda Ranson profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

For clear, general-audience-friendly metrics and team monitoring of your social media communications, this is the best aggregate product that I have seen and used for the cost. I liked it so much after the introductory trial that I decided to use this product and pay for the subscription out of my own pocket as a personal investment for my organization. So, while the Standard $40/month doesn't have everything, the items that are missing, I can get for free – just not in the same suite. For example, Google Analytics are free, just not integrated in Sprout Social; and the optimum timing add-on can be done at a much lower cost using tweriod and buffer. When renewal comes around, the choice will be purely around my budget.
Read Shonda Ranson's full review
Stephanie Spear profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I would like to find a platform that offers better and more comprehensive analytics while also offering complete scheduling tools for Facebook and Google +, maybe even Pinterest. I haven't found that yet which is why I haven't switched but as soon as I do, I will switch.
Read Stephanie Spear's full review
Haley Holt profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I really like Sprout Social, but I am also using other platforms such as ShortStack, because not only does it allow me to create tabs and campaigns, it also provides analytics. I wish Sprout Social offered at least a mobile or campaign feature.
Read Haley Holt's full review
Doreen Nicastro profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Sprout Social is an ideal solution for professionals, small and midsize organizations who understand the social landscape and the value measuring the effectiveness of social campaigns. Organizations that are looking to monitor, measure and engage their audience on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ will find Sprout Social easy to set up and use.
Read Doreen Nicastro's full review
Mckenzie Masters profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Overall, it's just a great product. It's made our lives simpler and we appreciate the good work that it allows us to do. We love efficiency and SproutSocial makes it easy to create and post awesome content for our clients. Our clients have raved about the analytics we are able to provide them through this site so we will continue to use it. There are still various aspects of Sprout that we haven't tapped into yet and we are still in the learning process. Overall, I would recommend it to those organizations who need to better manage their clients.
Read Mckenzie Masters's full review
Steve Kaplan profile photo
September 16, 2014

Sprout Social Review

Likelihood to Renew

Cost per user and the ability for one individual to manage the product without ample training make Sprout Social hard to justify the cost. The training offered by Sprout Social is very useful but internally in our organization the details and specifics make it hard to accomplish all the things possible with the tool.
Read Steve Kaplan's full review
Jeff Cowens, MBA profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Since we're only in the trial period I'm pretty confident we're going to give it a longer test period. Pending approvals we'll be signing on for at least a year. I could see us increasing the user licenses to start to cover more of the properties and get everyone on one platform.
Read Jeff Cowens, MBA's full review
Jencey Keeton profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

We are happy with Sprout and have no desire to change products. We do hope that Sprout is able to provide some of the more advanced features like labeling and sentiment. There are some solutions that are specifically geared for Social Care and are tied into the CRM system.
Read Jencey Keeton's full review
Wayne Pua profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

The reporting and scheduling is good enough for what we are doing currently. The interface is nicer on the eyes. I used Hootsuite before and that has a lot of the same mechanics but a not as visual interface as Sprout Social (one plus about Hootsuite is being able to set multiple monitoring tabs on one screen, something that is a couple more clicks away on Sprout Social). To me Sprout Social is great if you are trying to cover the basics of social media, but if your company wants to take it even higher, there are other tools out there (that are more costly of course).
Read Wayne Pua's full review

Boolean keyword searches (21)
Filtering out noise/spam (26)
Sentiment analysis (7)
Broad channel coverage (11)
Content planning and scheduling (31)
Audience targeting (28)
Content optimization (26)
Workflow management (28)
Automated routing and prioritization (11)
Customer interaction histories (31)
Bulk actions (27)
Lead generation (21)
Content marketing (21)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (31)
Facebook (33)
LinkedIn (27)
Google+ (14)
6.4
Instagram (25)
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (31)
Real-time tracking (32)
Competitor analysis (25)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (30)
Mobile access (28)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social provides social media management, marketing, customer care, data and intelligence, and employee advocacy solutions for leading brands and agencies, including Ticketmaster, Chipotle, Grubhub, Subaru, Zendesk and many more. Sprout’s platform is designed with ease of use in mind, simplifying social publishing, engagement, reviews, analytics and listening for our customers. By providing customer success and technical support, Sprout is committed to delivering consistent value to all users. The vendor states that any organization, regardless of size or industry, can count on dedicated onboarding and quick implementation to realize value faster and minimize business disruption. Sprout invites potential customer to experience what they describe as award-winning service and industry-leading time to value with a free 30-day trial at sproutsocial.com.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Sprout Social Integrations

Sprout Social Competitors

Hootsuite, Falcon.io, Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium)

Sprout Social Support Options