Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of stratustime, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Stratustime is a time tracking and attendance management software platform offered by nettime solutions, a Paychex company (since the 2014 acquisition).
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
Stratustime is used for Time and Attendance Tracking, Payroll, and Reporting.
- Reporting on employee time and attendance data.
- Stratustime offers biometric clock in and clock out options.
- Employees have the ability to view and confirm their hours before payroll is completed.
- Support staff are often difficult to deal with and aren't overly knowledgeable of the software and its capabilities.
- Biometric units are old and outdated.
- The origination isn't open to customization. They have an open API but do not offer support.
Stratustime is great for a small organization. If your company is large or wants to do something different Stratustime can be difficult and not open to working with you.
stratustime is currently being used at our headquarters and for a few international employees (expats). We move to stratustime from a time system that had been built in house and was only partially automated. With our previous system, we were able to enter time online but would have to print our time sheets and leave requests, sign them, have our manager sign them, and then turn them in to finance. This created a lot of delays because many of our employees travel around the world and were unable to approve the time sheets remotely.
- stratustime forecasts leave for the employee which is really helpful when you are planning a vacation far out and not sure how much time you will have.
- stratustime can handle multiple accrual rates, overtime rules, and holiday schedules which is really helpful when you have employees in multiple states and countries.
- stratustime gives you the ability to future date many changes which is huge when you know someone will be terminating or changing from exempt to non-exempt.
- stratustime can produce a variety of reports that our finance team finds very useful.
- stratustime allows labor distribution by project and we haven't noticed a limit on the number of project codes/cost centers we can enter.
- While you can future date many changes in an employee profile, you can't change all of them. A big one that I wish you could future date is manager changes.
- There is not a way to have the project codes/cost centers automatically accessible for employees. New employees have to go in and activate them. It's a small thing but people just don't pay much attention.
- They could really improve their training materials. Some short videos to share with employees on entering time would be really helpful.
- They don't have a mobile app. They have a mobile website but it isn't great and our employees really want an app.
We don't use the clock in and clock out feature so I can't speak to that. It works best for our exempt employees and is a little harder for our non-exempt employees. We allow employees to enter their start and stop times but some of our non-exempt employees have trouble logging their meals properly. If they did it incorrectly, they can't always fix it and it has to be fixed by an admin (often by deleting all the time entered for that day).