Stripe Reviews

Holly Snell | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 09, 2020

Stripe

Pros and Cons

• Takes payments from all currencies.
  • Has great detailed reporting.
  • Dashboard is very detailed.
  • Keeps customer records of payments.
  • Stripe needs some help on collecting proper tax on purchases.
  • Dispute timelines seem to be extremely long.
Read Holly Snell's full review
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Stripe - an easy solution to increase sales

Pros and Cons

• Stripe was easy to set up and utilize on my website.
  • Stripe has helped dramatically increase my online sales. It’s a simple check out process that doesn’t discourage clients from all over the world.
  • I think it would be cool if Stripe, like Square, offered free sales credit rewards for their clients for referring people.
  • If Stripe offered Apple pay, cash app, and Venmo, that would be beneficial for more financial outlets as well!
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
March 11, 2020

Stripe - one of the best billing platforms!

Pros and Cons

• User interface - easy to navigate.
  • Customization - ability to add as much info as needed.
  • Notifications - notifies you if payments have failed and includes risk evaluation.
  • Dashboard gives too much info for dept. use, may vary for others.
  • Be able to export multiple invoices as a PDF at once.
  • Getting to the invoices can be tricky if you have to click on multiple links.
February 29, 2020

Great at what it does, recent changes make it less great.

Pros and Cons

• It processes payments in a secure fashion.
  • It's API integrates with all of our platforms quite well.
  • It has a nice user interface.
  • It handles subscriptions and payment plans well.
  • The reporting features could use some improvement. They don't always give clear details.
  • They recently changed their policy so if a customer asks for a refund, they only refund the amount that went to us - they no longer refund the fee, which means that we essentially lose that 3.5% fee for any refunds.
  • They also recently changed their policy so that the fee for international payments is higher than it was before, which is disappointing since we chose them based on the fact that their international fees were low.
  • It doesn't notify us or users if they are on a subscription and their payments fail due to cards expiring. It would be great if it notified us of that.
Reagan Baird Nash | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Using Stripe for my Small Business

Pros and Cons

• Stripe does a great job of integrating with the scheduling software I use, Acuity Scheduling.
  • Stripe painlessly processes payments from my clients and gets funds directly to my bank account.
  • Stripe allows my clients flexibility in payment options.
  • Stripe does take a processing fee off the top, which I understand (but don't necessarily love).
  • If there was any way to get my payments faster, that would be amazing.
Read Reagan Baird Nash's full review
September 19, 2019

Stripe's APIs and customer support makes the platform a joy to work with

Pros and Cons

• Documentation: Stripe is extensively well-documented, with thorough docs on both the high-level components of their system, as well as best-in-class API documentation.
  • Customer Support: Stripe has great, responsible customer support. Their front-line CS is remarkably willing to dig into an issue and look for out-of-the-box solutions when a specific feature or use-case isn't quite supported.
  • Reliability: Stripe has given us every reason to trust their platform, which has been extremely stable and robust in the years we've been using it.
  • Currency conversion: Stripe's currency conversion options (for transferring payouts) are not great, and that means that we've had to find another solution given what Stripe charges.
  • Tax calculation and remittance: Stripe has been making major strides on this lately, but it's a big piece of the puzzle for many companies and they're not quite there yet; including that in the platform would be a massive win for their user-base.
  • Radar: Stripe's anti-fraud machine learning tech is quite cool, and likely operates mostly out of sight, however when they surface possible warnings, they often come with so little information or context that they're nearly impossible to act on.
October 04, 2019

Stripe: Reliable but there are better options out there

Pros and Cons

• Reliable function. We have never had any downtime, not any errors in processing.
  • Lots of information at your fingertips. The analytics area are very useful.
  • Ability to manage payments directly from Stripe such as refunds and view exact reasons why a payment might have been declined was very useful to have.
  • Very easy integration into our e-commerce store.
  • We never fully engaged with Stripe's full offering. Amongst other things it can hold customer data for regular billing and can be developed to become an order management system but a mixture of being well provided for by our own e-commerce hosts on our part, and a lack of "interestingness" to their offer on Stripe's part, meant we didn't research this any further.
  • Dull interface: the dashboard went through a redesign a while back and we still miss the previous version for being clearer and more concise than the current
  • Payments take a week to be deposited into our bank account. This is, in our view, far too long and it is the main reason why we'll be moving away from Stripe. However, this doesn't seem to be the case for all merchants so perhaps it affects only our territory?
  • Some rooting around is needed to find reasons behind failed payments, and no notification is given that a payment has failed. This could be better communicated.
Mike Vidas | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Stripe saves me time, money and worry!

Pros and Cons

• Stripe allows me to always a tab on my funds. I always know what's happening.
  • Stripe offers consistency. I get paid in the same amount of time, on time, no matter what.
  • I love the app provided by Stripe; I can check anything I need, whenever I need to.
  • I would LOVE for lower processing fees, but at least they are flat and standard.
  • It typically takes two business days for funds to process, but in the event that a billing date falls on a Saturday and the Monday is a holiday you won't see funds for up to 7 calendar days.
  • One thing I wish for was that I could plug and play with QuickBooks easily.
Read Mike Vidas's full review
Witt Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 29, 2019

Stripe for a Laravel SaaS

Pros and Cons

• Laravel integration. Our product is written in Laravel, which supports Stripe out of the box.
  • Customer service. When I had questions during my integration, customer support was easily accessible, friendly and helpful.
  • Modern UI creates a quick, seamless purchase process for the customer.
  • The ability to generate one-off custom invoices (not associated with a specific product) allows us to bill for custom development services through the same payment processor.
  • The backend dashboard is well laid out and provides lots of great information.
  • Test mode makes testing purchases quick and painless.
  • Great looking customer-facing invoices.
  • Last I checked, coupons were only supported by coding up your own payment page using Stripe Elements. It would be nice to be able to add a coupon field to the payment popup provided by Stripe.
Read Witt Sparks's full review
Christopher Page, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2019

Stripe-An Easy Billing Choice That'll Grow With Your Company

Pros and Cons

• Easy to set up. Getting the account set up is really easy. You just need to have some information on hand, but answering the questions/fields is very easy to get it running.
  • Great dashboard. The main dashboard when you log in is great to give you an overview of current day revenue, past month revenue, YTD revenue, new customers, and other KPIs your business leaders will want to see.
  • Very flexible. The best thing about Stripe is the ability to integrate it with almost any web platform, whether an iOS app or Wordpress website.
  • Stripe is really focused on being developer friendly-- they could really improve the platform for those who aren't developers but are looking for some basic website integrations that look nice.
  • UIX for adding customers/billing could be improved. Creating a client facing app or web portal would solve this issue and be relatively easy to build.
  • Those are the only 2 areas of improvement I see-- otherwise, great platform!
Read Christopher Page, MBA's full review
July 16, 2019

Pretty good payment platform

• Integration process is simple
  • User experience is pretty smooth and intuitive
  • Flat-rate pricing
  • Customer service could use some improvement
  • Fees are pretty high
Jon Porreca | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2019

Credit Card Processing Made SImple

Pros and Cons

• Stripe integrates perfectly with our cloud-based accounting software, making collecting payments easy.
  • The dashboard and UI are simple enough to log into and process card transactions via the phone.
  • The reporting features are nice and also integrate into a BI platform we use to provide us with in-depth and accurate reporting of all credit card transactions we do.
  • Their fees are reasonable and in line with their competitors.
  • The UI is easy to navigate and understand, however if the homepage or dashboard was simplified it could make Stripe an even better solution than it is.
  • Unlike some of it's competitors, it comes with no hardware to process transactions. Currently this is not an issue for the way we do business or run credit card transactions but as we grow and expand we may have a need for mobile-based hardware devices in the future.
  • Although it's a competitive product, we'd welcome lower fees and quicker balance transfers to our main banking account from Stripe.
Read Jon Porreca's full review
Brandon Zell | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2018

An excellent tool once it's set up.

Pros and Cons

• The dashboard/backend has an excellent UI. It makes managing users, plans, etc very easy.
  • Good feature set in the backend. They give you a lot of control over how you want to handle clients and the plans they're subscribed to.
  • Their API is quite robust and well documented. Plenty of examples to help you achieve what you want to.
  • Despite the API documentation and examples from third party sources, it can be hard to get setup. Given the number of commonly desired things to setup, it would be nice to have more pre-coded features to get started with less trial and error.
Read Brandon Zell's full review
Andy Ryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2018

Stripe for Multiple Kajabi Accounts

Pros and Cons

• Stripe integrates well with our multiple Kajabi accounts. It allows you to set up separate "businesses" under one stripe account.
  • Stripe is really good at setting up and implementing monthly fees such as memberships.
  • Stripe makes it really easy to cancel recurring monthly charges as well as refunding clients.
  • Stripe is set up very much like accounting software. It works well for people that are financially minded - think spreadsheets - and not so user friendly in terms of interface. It could be a lot more modern and regular ol' Joe user if you get what I'm saying.
  • They could always lower their fees.
  • Stripe could also make it easier to get paid like PayPal does with PayPal.me
Read Andy Ryan's full review

About Stripe

Stripe is a payment gateway software solution which supports a range of payment related needs such as subscription management and recurrent billing via Stripe Billing, integration with third party payment services via the Stripe Connect API, assistance starting an Internet business which accepts payements via Stripe Atlas, fraud prevention via Stripe Radar, and payment analytics via Stripe Sigma.

Stripe Technical Details