Tailwind is a social media marketing solution built specifically for Pinterest marketing. It provides features such as scheduled pins, analytics, and scalable Pinterest activity.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ci/g9/365KH0TAJ2WZ.pngGreat Idea & Well Organized (But, Did Not See Any ROI)I sell sheet music on my education website and an overwhelming majority of my traffic comes from Pinterest. Like all things social media related, Pinterest has its method of preferring your pins to show to others and one way that it does this is by rewarding you the more active you are. This means that the more you pin, the more preference you get in other people's feeds. Tailwind helps you gain recognition on Pinterest by strategically pinning for you at set intervals throughout the day. I wanted to maximize my presence on Pinterest since this was the proven traffic source for my website so I tried out Tailwind to help promote my website.,Tailwind takes the guesswork out of when to know the best time to pin (there are higher yield pinning times and they have figured this out for you). Tailwind automates pinning so you can receive preference from Pinterest as a more active user and have your pins shown to more people. Tailwind also does it's best to reach out and educate you about how to get the most out of their service.,The honest truth is that I just did not see an increase in my sales which is the ultimate litmus test if a service is working. Maybe I just did not give it enough time? Maybe my market is just too small to receive the benefits from this service? Also, I truly did not see dramatic increases in my page views. Nothing elevated to numbers that would have made it worthwhile for me to extend my free trial into a paid membership. Again, that could be for reasons listed above.,8,1,Tailwind effortlessly increased my presence on Pinterest. Tailwind requires some learning from the user but overall is pretty easy to figure out. Tailwind did not increase my ROI. Tailwind slightly increased my Pinterest views and followers but not enough for me to extend beyond the free trial.,Weebly, Google Analytics, KWFinder, Canva, Google Ad Manager, MarketGooGet Tailwind if you want to leverage the power of Pinterest!I use Tailwind to automatically post images to Pinterest. My marketing department generates more leads from Pinterest then any other social media channel. In addition to this, my website gets 10X more traffic from Pinterest. Since Pinterest is my #1 social media network, Tailwind plays a critical role in my marketing strategy.,Tailwind allows you to schedule your pins at times you feel would be most beneficial. Tailwind allows you to reschedule pins automatically so that it saves you time. There is a Tailwind Tribe that allows you to interact with other business to network and increase your follower count even more.,You can't upload an image from all of the screens so you have to keep switching from screen to screen. There are not enough options for filtering previously posted pins. The app could use some improvement. It is very cumbersome to add pins to your Tailwind queue.,10,2,My follower count has increased by 30% in 12 months. Lead generation has increased by 50% in 12 months. The number of website visitors has increased by 20% in 4 months.,Hootsuite Pro, MailChimp, Joomla!A great tool to keep your Instagram feed up-to-date and engaging!I use Tailwind to create and schedule my organization's Instagram posts. As a one-person marketing department for a small independent school, I have a lot of roles and responsibilities to juggle, and being able to batch schedule our Instagram posts is a huge help to me. Tailwind helps me be more thoughtful and strategic about our Instagram posts.,One of the very few tools that allows you to preschedule Instagram posts. Suggested hashtag feature is very helpful.,I wish you could do multi-image posts on Instagram. I would love even more depth in the suggested hashtag function, with clusters of related hashtags I could easily add.,9,1,I've been able to be more consistent in my Instagram posting. Growing Instagram audience by strategic hashtagging. Keeping community engagement high with compelling posts.,Buffer and Hootsuite Pro,MailChimp, CanvaA nice pin scheduling and looping toolTailwind was evaluated by our company to automate Pinterest scheduling and looping. It helped save us time by automating manual work, but was not worth the price.,Pinterest scheduling. Not a native feature available for Pinterest. Pin looping. Making sure your best content is automatically sent to the top of your board.,Price. In such a crowded social market, Tailwind is not competitive on price. UI: Not as intuitive as it could be.,7,1,Efficiency savings (automating manual work). Pinterest engagement increases and expanded reach per pin.,Smartly.ioTailwind, ehhh but ahhhh!Tailwind is used to schedule pins to Pinterest. I'm a team of one so I use it to drive traffic to my website, mainly to get them to my profile and eventually my blog.,Tailwind is great for scheduling Pinterest pins. Tailwind works very well at helping you find new pins. Tailwind is perfect for batch working!,I wish Tailwind scheduled a certain number of pins to a particular board at once instead of just having a common queue. I'm not a fan of the pricing structure. To get unlimited pins you had to pay in full. Ultimately, that's why my subscription lapsed.,7,I believe there was a slight uptick in traffic when I actively used Tailwind, but I didn't establish strategies that made it significant enough.,Asana, Zoom, Adobe Illustrator CC
Tailwind

Tailwind Reviews

Tailwind
Filter 8 vetted Tailwind reviews and ratings

heather figi profile photo
December 28, 2018

Tailwind Review: "Great Idea & Well Organized (But, Did Not See Any ROI)"

• Tailwind takes the guesswork out of when to know the best time to pin (there are higher yield pinning times and they have figured this out for you).
  • Tailwind automates pinning so you can receive preference from Pinterest as a more active user and have your pins shown to more people.
  • Tailwind also does it's best to reach out and educate you about how to get the most out of their service.
  • The honest truth is that I just did not see an increase in my sales which is the ultimate litmus test if a service is working. Maybe I just did not give it enough time? Maybe my market is just too small to receive the benefits from this service?
  • Also, I truly did not see dramatic increases in my page views. Nothing elevated to numbers that would have made it worthwhile for me to extend my free trial into a paid membership. Again, that could be for reasons listed above.
Tailwind has mastered automation. They made it really easy to increase my presence on Pinterest. Along the way of my free trial, they sent really great tutorials about how to best use the service. This being said, they would be ideal for any brand that is looking to get noticed on social media. Facebook is pretty much a dying service in my opinion, and Pinterest is a huge platform where people go to discover. It is overlooked by many but definitely has some compelling stats to prove why it is a great place to get noticed and direct people to your website.
Read heather figi's full review
Shawngela Pierce profile photo
November 27, 2018

Review: "Get Tailwind if you want to leverage the power of Pinterest!"

• Tailwind allows you to schedule your pins at times you feel would be most beneficial.
  • Tailwind allows you to reschedule pins automatically so that it saves you time.
  • There is a Tailwind Tribe that allows you to interact with other business to network and increase your follower count even more.
  • You can't upload an image from all of the screens so you have to keep switching from screen to screen.
  • There are not enough options for filtering previously posted pins.
  • The app could use some improvement. It is very cumbersome to add pins to your Tailwind queue.
Tailwind is suited for any company that is serious about leveraging the power of Pinterest. Tailwind makes scheduling easy so it frees up a lot of your time. Tailwind will help you to grow your follower count and build important connections to other businesses if you are using Tribes. Tailwind also allows you to pin to Instagram, although this is still in beta.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
January 07, 2019

Tailwind Review: "A great tool to keep your Instagram feed up-to-date and engaging!"

• One of the very few tools that allows you to preschedule Instagram posts.
  • Suggested hashtag feature is very helpful.
  • I wish you could do multi-image posts on Instagram.
  • I would love even more depth in the suggested hashtag function, with clusters of related hashtags I could easily add.
Tailwind is perfect for a small marketing shop where you simply need to be able to queue up Instagram posts. It works for Pinterest as well, but that's not a platform we use very often. It is very helpful to be able to plan out and visualize an entire IG series of posts in advance, and very few other scheduling platforms work with Instagram's API these days. I haven't delved deeply into the analytics tools, but I believe they would be very useful as well for a larger organization.
December 08, 2018

Tailwind Review: "A nice pin scheduling and looping tool"

• Pinterest scheduling. Not a native feature available for Pinterest.
  • Pin looping. Making sure your best content is automatically sent to the top of your board.
  • Price. In such a crowded social market, Tailwind is not competitive on price.
  • UI: Not as intuitive as it could be.
Tailwind is well suited for lifestyle brands with a substantial Pinterest following, who don't want too much manual effort tending to their boards.
Aleia Walker profile photo
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Tailwind, ehhh but ahhhh!"

• Tailwind is great for scheduling Pinterest pins.
  • Tailwind works very well at helping you find new pins.
  • Tailwind is perfect for batch working!
  • I wish Tailwind scheduled a certain number of pins to a particular board at once instead of just having a common queue.
  • I'm not a fan of the pricing structure. To get unlimited pins you had to pay in full. Ultimately, that's why my subscription lapsed.
Tailwind is great for teams of all sizes. I used it as a team of one but don't doubt that it can be used well on a larger team. Ideally, I'd have an employee responsible for loading pins to Pinterest weekly. A team that used batch work would like Tailwind very well.
Read Aleia Walker's full review

Tailwind Scorecard Summary

Content planning and scheduling (5)
Audience targeting (3)
Content optimization (5)
Workflow management (4)
Automated routing and prioritization (3)
6.0
Bulk actions (3)
Lead generation (3)
Content marketing (3)
Paid media management (2)
Campaigns and promotions (2)
Instagram (3)
9.5
Pinterest (5)
9.8
Campaign success analytics (4)
Real-time tracking (3)
Competitor analysis (2)
5.0
Role-based user permissions & privileges (3)
Mobile access (3)