Tailwind Reviews

Kate Knight profile photo
We use Tailwind to manage our Pinterest activity for our website. We have found that it is difficult to manage multiple social media accounts, stay active, promote community, and still produce great content for our clients. Through using Tailwind, we can do all of these things with ease. I am the primary user of Tailwind in our company because I am in charge of all social media posting. I am thankful for a program that creates stress-free planning and posting, as well as connecting to the community we serve.
  • Smart Loop is an online businesses BEST FRIEND. It makes promoting your product so easy and stress-free. I created our smart loop, and now I can add to it when we have success with a new post as well as schedule posts from the community.
  • The interface of the program is extremely user-friendly. It makes scheduling posts, and as I've already stated, staying connected with the community, an absolute breeze!
  • Tutorial videos on Tailwind are incredibly helpful. They walk you step by step through the features of Tailwind, so you don't miss a thing. They are always there for reference too, which is nice. This has been so helpful, so I didn't have to dedicate hours of learning a new product, but instead, it got straight to helping our business.
  • The main menu could be a little more basic, then offering options to navigate away from the main screen. I feel the main screen jumps right into the product, which can be a bit overwhelming.
  • The community features are nice, but it does take a bit of time to build your tribe. Perhaps there could be an algorithm that creates a tribe you can look through based on your content.
Tailwind is perfect for an up and coming business. It allows you to manage, monitor, and connect, which is whatever small business needs! It has easy to learn with its step by step tutorials. It is ahead of its time in social media operations, and I'm sure it will continue to update features to serve its customers best.
Read Kate Knight's full review
Xavier Knight profile photo
We use Tailwind to raise Mental Health Awareness, as it directly relates to our clients, and also as a means of recruiting on social media platforms such as Pinterest. Overall, interested candidates see our social media pages and see what we are passionate about, the events we are a part of and want to be a part of our organization. Through the utilization of Tailwind, we can keep our social media page updated and active without dedicating too much time to scrolling on Pinterest or stressing about how many pins to post each day.
  • The extension for Chrome and Safari has been EXTREMELY helpful. Through research and continuing education, we frequently see information we'd like to share with our audience and the extension has made this so easy.
  • The SmartLoop feature is great for times when we get busy and may not have the time to add new things to our queue. I know even if I had zero time to devote to social media that day, I was still active and getting information to our candidates.
  • Interface is extremely user friendly. A lot of time these programs that are supposed to help us and bring ease to our workload are so complicated and intense that they cause more stress than they relieve. This is not true with Tailwind. Tailwind is easy to use and truly does take a load of stress off us as an organization.
  • I can not wait for the day that Tailwind has a functionality for Twitter and Facebook, this would be my number one item for improvement.
Tailwind is a time-saver, and an effective way to reach an intended audience. With the ability to join communities, share information, and expand your following, organizations should all be jumping on the Tailwind bandwagon.
Read Xavier Knight's full review
Joanna Knight profile photo
Tailwind is currently being used by my companies marketing, design and public relations teams. At this time it is benefiting the whole organization but not used by the whole organization. This software is mostly beneficial for planning, tracking and evaluating progress for posts on Instagram and pins on Pinterest. This software address the issue of posting scheduled pins to Pinterest, which for a long time was not an option with other scheduling sites.
  • The scheduling algorithm it uses to give Pinterest posts the best exposure is one of my favorite tools to use.
  • The weekly summary is great, It's nice to see front and center how many new followers you have each week.
  • The sidebar of your "most followed boards" is nice as well as it shows what your engagement is on those boards so you know right when you log in what is working well for you.
  • The Pin Inspector feature helps you as a creator put into perspective what is working across the board. It helps to let you know if you are standing out or if you are one of the many succeedings in your niche.
  • I personally don't like or use the "Tribes" section. I understand why some may like it but to me, I don't find collaboration with niche, like-minded people to be very helpful or inspiring.
  • Just recently Tailwind has expanded to include Instagram as a platform to post and right now there just seems to be a fair amount of kinks that they are working through. I imagine it will get better and smooth out over time but as of now, it is still in beta mode.
  • At this time you can see blog insights, utilize Instagram and Pinterest but those are the only platforms they offer. If you are looking for an all-included platform manager this might not be the best platform for you.
For marketing professionals who incorporate a blog or creative/fun elements in their company and brand Tailwind is an excellent platform to use for managing Pinterest and Instagram. If your brand would not come across well on Pinterest then I would suggest not using this software for Instagram only.
Read Joanna Knight's full review
We use Tailwind to schedule our Pinterest and Instagram posts well in advance. We also use it to collaborate with other business owners, bloggers, and influences to find unique and relevant content that our followers would enjoy and to share our content, that may be relevant to other businesses, in the same niche. Tailwind allows us to provide fresh and relevant content on a continual / regular schedule - something you can't always do when you are scheduling manually the day of.
  • Tailwind posts all of your scheduled "Pins" on Pinterest as "new" pins.
  • Tailwind provides appropriate, popular, and relevant hashtags when you schedule an Instagram post.
  • Tailwind's development team listens to its users and they are continually looking for ways to improve and optimize their platform.
  • Tailwind provides a lot of good tips and information on their YouTube channel about the best way to optimize your Pinterest account, and their application makes it super easy to do.
  • Occasionally Tailwind's load time is slow. If you have a large number of pins saved in drafts scrolling through the content and pages can be time-consuming.
  • Tailwind provides an amazing opportunity to collaborate with other bloggers, writers, business owners, influences, etc. through their "Tribes." However, the built-in chat feature, through which you communicate with fellow Tribe Members, can be hard to follow and keep up with -- so we oftentimes miss important messages from fellow tribe members.
  • If you're like us and want to check the link for every single pin that you "repin" to ensure you're not sending your readers to spam... it can be very time consuming because you have to make multiple clicks from within the scheduler to find out where the pin link directs you.
Tailwind is perfect for users who want to grow their Pinterest or Instagram accounts. It is well suited for the person who likes to collaborate, plan ahead, schedule your social media in advance, and share your content with other users. It's a win/win for everyone involved. I can share content, provided by other tribe members, that I know my readers and followers will love and enjoy - which will keep them coming back for more. Likewise, I am able to share my content, and hopefully have another blogger or business owner, whose readers may enjoy and appreciate my content, share my content as well. Tailwind is really perfect for businesses or all sizes... even more appropriate for the 1-man-show who is trying to schedule it. Tailwind is lies suited for those who aren't tech savvy as some general teach savviness is required.
heather figi profile photo
I sell sheet music on my education website and an overwhelming majority of my traffic comes from Pinterest. Like all things social media related, Pinterest has its method of preferring your pins to show to others and one way that it does this is by rewarding you the more active you are. This means that the more you pin, the more preference you get in other people's feeds. Tailwind helps you gain recognition on Pinterest by strategically pinning for you at set intervals throughout the day. I wanted to maximize my presence on Pinterest since this was the proven traffic source for my website so I tried out Tailwind to help promote my website.
  • Tailwind takes the guesswork out of when to know the best time to pin (there are higher yield pinning times and they have figured this out for you).
  • Tailwind automates pinning so you can receive preference from Pinterest as a more active user and have your pins shown to more people.
  • Tailwind also does it's best to reach out and educate you about how to get the most out of their service.
  • The honest truth is that I just did not see an increase in my sales which is the ultimate litmus test if a service is working. Maybe I just did not give it enough time? Maybe my market is just too small to receive the benefits from this service?
  • Also, I truly did not see dramatic increases in my page views. Nothing elevated to numbers that would have made it worthwhile for me to extend my free trial into a paid membership. Again, that could be for reasons listed above.
Tailwind has mastered automation. They made it really easy to increase my presence on Pinterest. Along the way of my free trial, they sent really great tutorials about how to best use the service. This being said, they would be ideal for any brand that is looking to get noticed on social media. Facebook is pretty much a dying service in my opinion, and Pinterest is a huge platform where people go to discover. It is overlooked by many but definitely has some compelling stats to prove why it is a great place to get noticed and direct people to your website.
Read heather figi's full review
Shawngela Pierce profile photo
I use Tailwind to automatically post images to Pinterest. My marketing department generates more leads from Pinterest then any other social media channel. In addition to this, my website gets 10X more traffic from Pinterest. Since Pinterest is my #1 social media network, Tailwind plays a critical role in my marketing strategy.
  • Tailwind allows you to schedule your pins at times you feel would be most beneficial.
  • Tailwind allows you to reschedule pins automatically so that it saves you time.
  • There is a Tailwind Tribe that allows you to interact with other business to network and increase your follower count even more.
  • You can't upload an image from all of the screens so you have to keep switching from screen to screen.
  • There are not enough options for filtering previously posted pins.
  • The app could use some improvement. It is very cumbersome to add pins to your Tailwind queue.
Tailwind is suited for any company that is serious about leveraging the power of Pinterest. Tailwind makes scheduling easy so it frees up a lot of your time. Tailwind will help you to grow your follower count and build important connections to other businesses if you are using Tribes. Tailwind also allows you to pin to Instagram, although this is still in beta.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
I use Tailwind to create and schedule my organization's Instagram posts. As a one-person marketing department for a small independent school, I have a lot of roles and responsibilities to juggle, and being able to batch schedule our Instagram posts is a huge help to me. Tailwind helps me be more thoughtful and strategic about our Instagram posts.
  • One of the very few tools that allows you to preschedule Instagram posts.
  • Suggested hashtag feature is very helpful.
  • I wish you could do multi-image posts on Instagram.
  • I would love even more depth in the suggested hashtag function, with clusters of related hashtags I could easily add.
Tailwind is perfect for a small marketing shop where you simply need to be able to queue up Instagram posts. It works for Pinterest as well, but that's not a platform we use very often. It is very helpful to be able to plan out and visualize an entire IG series of posts in advance, and very few other scheduling platforms work with Instagram's API these days. I haven't delved deeply into the analytics tools, but I believe they would be very useful as well for a larger organization.
Tailwind was evaluated by our company to automate Pinterest scheduling and looping. It helped save us time by automating manual work, but was not worth the price.
  • Pinterest scheduling. Not a native feature available for Pinterest.
  • Pin looping. Making sure your best content is automatically sent to the top of your board.
  • Price. In such a crowded social market, Tailwind is not competitive on price.
  • UI: Not as intuitive as it could be.
Tailwind is well suited for lifestyle brands with a substantial Pinterest following, who don't want too much manual effort tending to their boards.
Aleia Walker profile photo
Tailwind is used to schedule pins to Pinterest. I'm a team of one so I use it to drive traffic to my website, mainly to get them to my profile and eventually my blog.
  • Tailwind is great for scheduling Pinterest pins.
  • Tailwind works very well at helping you find new pins.
  • Tailwind is perfect for batch working!
  • I wish Tailwind scheduled a certain number of pins to a particular board at once instead of just having a common queue.
  • I'm not a fan of the pricing structure. To get unlimited pins you had to pay in full. Ultimately, that's why my subscription lapsed.
Tailwind is great for teams of all sizes. I used it as a team of one but don't doubt that it can be used well on a larger team. Ideally, I'd have an employee responsible for loading pins to Pinterest weekly. A team that used batch work would like Tailwind very well.
Read Aleia Walker's full review

Tailwind Scorecard Summary

Boolean keyword searches (2)
9.5
Filtering out noise/spam (3)
Sentiment analysis (4)
Broad channel coverage (4)
Content planning and scheduling (9)
9.6
Audience targeting (7)
Content optimization (9)
Workflow management (8)
9.2
Automated routing and prioritization (6)
Customer interaction histories (3)
Bulk actions (6)
Lead generation (6)
Content marketing (6)
Paid media management (5)
Campaigns and promotions (5)
Instagram (5)
Pinterest (9)
9.9
Campaign success analytics (7)
9.6
Real-time tracking (7)
9.2
Competitor analysis (6)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (6)
Mobile access (6)

About Tailwind

Tailwind is a social media marketing solution built specifically for Pinterest marketing. It provides features such as scheduled pins, analytics, and scalable Pinterest activity.