Tailwind Reviews

February 23, 2021

Pros and Cons

• Scheduling Pins on more than one Board across a time frame.
  • Scheduling Instagram posts at recommended times.
  • Using Smart Bio for links from Instagram directly to our website.
  • When you add a link to your post and add the caption, it goes to the first line and not where I had the cursor. I do not want the link to be the first thing people read.
  • The Tailwind Create is fun and helpful but still hard to use.
December 06, 2019
Kate Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Smart Loop is an online businesses BEST FRIEND. It makes promoting your product so easy and stress-free. I created our smart loop, and now I can add to it when we have success with a new post as well as schedule posts from the community.
  • The interface of the program is extremely user-friendly. It makes scheduling posts, and as I've already stated, staying connected with the community, an absolute breeze!
  • Tutorial videos on Tailwind are incredibly helpful. They walk you step by step through the features of Tailwind, so you don't miss a thing. They are always there for reference too, which is nice. This has been so helpful, so I didn't have to dedicate hours of learning a new product, but instead, it got straight to helping our business.
  • The main menu could be a little more basic, then offering options to navigate away from the main screen. I feel the main screen jumps right into the product, which can be a bit overwhelming.
  • The community features are nice, but it does take a bit of time to build your tribe. Perhaps there could be an algorithm that creates a tribe you can look through based on your content.
Read Kate Knight's full review
December 02, 2019
Xavier Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The extension for Chrome and Safari has been EXTREMELY helpful. Through research and continuing education, we frequently see information we'd like to share with our audience and the extension has made this so easy.
  • The SmartLoop feature is great for times when we get busy and may not have the time to add new things to our queue. I know even if I had zero time to devote to social media that day, I was still active and getting information to our candidates.
  • Interface is extremely user friendly. A lot of time these programs that are supposed to help us and bring ease to our workload are so complicated and intense that they cause more stress than they relieve. This is not true with Tailwind. Tailwind is easy to use and truly does take a load of stress off us as an organization.
  • I can not wait for the day that Tailwind has a functionality for Twitter and Facebook, this would be my number one item for improvement.
Read Xavier Knight's full review
November 21, 2019
Joanna Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The scheduling algorithm it uses to give Pinterest posts the best exposure is one of my favorite tools to use.
  • The weekly summary is great, It's nice to see front and center how many new followers you have each week.
  • The sidebar of your "most followed boards" is nice as well as it shows what your engagement is on those boards so you know right when you log in what is working well for you.
  • The Pin Inspector feature helps you as a creator put into perspective what is working across the board. It helps to let you know if you are standing out or if you are one of the many succeedings in your niche.
  • I personally don't like or use the "Tribes" section. I understand why some may like it but to me, I don't find collaboration with niche, like-minded people to be very helpful or inspiring.
  • Just recently Tailwind has expanded to include Instagram as a platform to post and right now there just seems to be a fair amount of kinks that they are working through. I imagine it will get better and smooth out over time but as of now, it is still in beta mode.
  • At this time you can see blog insights, utilize Instagram and Pinterest but those are the only platforms they offer. If you are looking for an all-included platform manager this might not be the best platform for you.
Read Joanna Knight's full review
July 16, 2019

Pros and Cons

• Tailwind posts all of your scheduled "Pins" on Pinterest as "new" pins.
  • Tailwind provides appropriate, popular, and relevant hashtags when you schedule an Instagram post.
  • Tailwind's development team listens to its users and they are continually looking for ways to improve and optimize their platform.
  • Tailwind provides a lot of good tips and information on their YouTube channel about the best way to optimize your Pinterest account, and their application makes it super easy to do.
  • Occasionally Tailwind's load time is slow. If you have a large number of pins saved in drafts scrolling through the content and pages can be time-consuming.
  • Tailwind provides an amazing opportunity to collaborate with other bloggers, writers, business owners, influences, etc. through their "Tribes." However, the built-in chat feature, through which you communicate with fellow Tribe Members, can be hard to follow and keep up with -- so we oftentimes miss important messages from fellow tribe members.
  • If you're like us and want to check the link for every single pin that you "repin" to ensure you're not sending your readers to spam... it can be very time consuming because you have to make multiple clicks from within the scheduler to find out where the pin link directs you.
December 28, 2018
heather figi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tailwind takes the guesswork out of when to know the best time to pin (there are higher yield pinning times and they have figured this out for you).
  • Tailwind automates pinning so you can receive preference from Pinterest as a more active user and have your pins shown to more people.
  • Tailwind also does it's best to reach out and educate you about how to get the most out of their service.
  • The honest truth is that I just did not see an increase in my sales which is the ultimate litmus test if a service is working. Maybe I just did not give it enough time? Maybe my market is just too small to receive the benefits from this service?
  • Also, I truly did not see dramatic increases in my page views. Nothing elevated to numbers that would have made it worthwhile for me to extend my free trial into a paid membership. Again, that could be for reasons listed above.
Read heather figi's full review
November 27, 2018
Shawngela Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tailwind allows you to schedule your pins at times you feel would be most beneficial.
  • Tailwind allows you to reschedule pins automatically so that it saves you time.
  • There is a Tailwind Tribe that allows you to interact with other business to network and increase your follower count even more.
  • You can't upload an image from all of the screens so you have to keep switching from screen to screen.
  • There are not enough options for filtering previously posted pins.
  • The app could use some improvement. It is very cumbersome to add pins to your Tailwind queue.
Read Shawngela Pierce's full review
June 19, 2018
Aleia Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Tailwind is great for scheduling Pinterest pins.
  • Tailwind works very well at helping you find new pins.
  • Tailwind is perfect for batch working!
  • I wish Tailwind scheduled a certain number of pins to a particular board at once instead of just having a common queue.
  • I'm not a fan of the pricing structure. To get unlimited pins you had to pay in full. Ultimately, that's why my subscription lapsed.
Read Aleia Walker's full review
January 07, 2019

Pros and Cons

• One of the very few tools that allows you to preschedule Instagram posts.
  • Suggested hashtag feature is very helpful.
  • I wish you could do multi-image posts on Instagram.
  • I would love even more depth in the suggested hashtag function, with clusters of related hashtags I could easily add.
December 08, 2018

Pros and Cons

• Pinterest scheduling. Not a native feature available for Pinterest.
  • Pin looping. Making sure your best content is automatically sent to the top of your board.
  • Price. In such a crowded social market, Tailwind is not competitive on price.
  • UI: Not as intuitive as it could be.

Boolean keyword searches (2)
9.5
Filtering out noise/spam (3)
Sentiment analysis (4)
Broad channel coverage (4)
9.2
Content planning and scheduling (10)
Audience targeting (7)
Content optimization (10)
Workflow management (8)
9.4
Automated routing and prioritization (6)
9.9
Customer interaction histories (3)
Bulk actions (6)
Lead generation (6)
Content marketing (6)
9.9
Paid media management (5)
9.9
Campaigns and promotions (5)
Instagram (6)
Pinterest (10)
9.6
Campaign success analytics (7)
10.0
Real-time tracking (7)
Competitor analysis (6)
9.4
Role-based user permissions & privileges (6)
10.0
Mobile access (7)

What is Tailwind?

Tailwind is a social media marketing solution built specifically for Pinterest marketing. It provides features such as scheduled pins, analytics, and scalable Pinterest activity.

Tailwind Video

Tailwind Create - Users React to the Fastest Way to Create Gorgeous Pinterest Designs

Tailwind Pricing