Reviews (1-25 of 50)
Our developers also have said that it is a convenient tool for them to integrate with.
- Integrating with websites and mobile applications (registration, account activation, etc.) in terms of transactional emails
- Sending (and scheduling) marketing emails
- The prices are quite affordable as well (compared to other market leaders in email marketing)
- The unsubscribing and cleaning the lists is a pain. You need to use a special tool to collect all your bounced, reported, unsubscribed, blocked, and invalid emails and then you create a separate list with them to delete it (along with all the emails that match the ones in the list)... Can we make it a bit simpler?
- When you're creating/editing a marketing email, if you get into HTML code, it ceases to be a nice text WYSIWYG block and instead, you have to edit it ONLY in HTML from now on :( If I want to clear the trash in the code, it doesn't mean I want to switch to code-only.
- Perhaps it's Chrome, but the layout is buggy. For example, when I edit a marketing email and I scroll down the email, the part of the screen that has the tools for editing the text is covered by the text of my email.
SendGrid is a cheap option we found useful and we keep using.
For newsletter (no segmented) maybe another option would be better.
It's easy to integrate in code. In our case, PHP. Easy to setup and start with the free plan.
- Emails are automatically center-aligned, unchangeable
- Emails go to "promotions folder". Even after you are upsold to high-tier dedicated IP
- Customer service is glacially slow. It's been a month and my concerns are still not resolved.
- Sendgrid misleads customers.
- Sendgrid is very unreliable.
- Sendgrid is good at stealing your money.
- 50,000 e-mails delivered AFTER the campaign ended, every single time.
- Overcharges and no refund.
- Sendgrid IPs are already blacklisted.
- Integrating with other systems is easy.
- Campaigns are intuitive, even for people with no design skills.
- I got frustrated bringing old data across, and with the way GDPR was handled.
- I find removing records to be a bit clunky.
We had our account compromised 7 days ago (as of June 18th). I got two emails - one notifying me that the user name was changed, and another that the email had been changed. The email says to respond to email@example.com if these changes weren't authorized.
I did that immediately. You'd think this would be a critical email and would be answered quickly. You'd be wrong.
It's SEVEN days and counting, and not a peep from SendGrid support. In addition to emailing them that NO, these changes weren't authorized and please help recover my account, I took these steps:
- Messaged their Facebook page.
- Responded to comments on their posts, asking for help.
- Direct messaged them on Twitter.
- Created a new account and submitted a ticket through that account.
- Filled out a sales inquiry and talked directly to a sales associate, who also submitted a ticket on our behalf.
- ALL of the above through Twilio, their parent company.
- Schedules email delivery to not trigger spam filters.
- Tracks activity from individuals that receive my emails.
- Builds history of interactions and efforts.
- Historical tracking and activity monitors.
- Auto-fixing of wrong email addresses in my database or at least notification.
- Provide input of key activity to assist in marketing efforts.
We provision Twilio SendGrid Email API as an addon for apps hosted with Heroku, as well as use it for web apps that are hosted elsewhere. The setup is so straightforward that a developer can implement it almost immediately, without having to read deep into documentation.
- Easy implementation for developers.
- Reliable transactional email delivery for apps and services.
- Reporting and analytics on emails sent.
- Personalized service may not be as readily available for smaller businesses. If you have questions about deliverability and reputation management, you may have to learn some more of this on your own, unless you are a big customer.
- Makes setting up your initial account pretty simple and straight forward. You can get set up with a single list and unsub group and get going really quickly.
- You can grow your complexity over time and SendGrid is set up really well to handle that expansion. Setting up DNS, expanding IP addresses, grouping unsubs, etc. It scales really well as your business and team grow.
- I'm a huge fan of the API delivery which lets us set up a lot of automated actions which lets us focus more on testing and optimizing making even a lean team a super powerful team.
- The UX isn't as intuitive as other systems and it takes some getting used to the navigation. Additionally, they're adding a lot of new features, so finding the features you're used to while figuring out the new products can lead to some confusion.
- The documentation while expansive doesn't provide a lot of real-world use cases to help navigate through an issue. It can be a bit general, leaving you with just as many questions as you started with.
- They don't have as many features as you'd find in some marketing cloud solutions which may have additional features. While SendGrid is making strides in this department they're not quite there yet but most likely will be more comparable very soon.
- Managing email lists / audiences is easy with features like groups and segments.
- They provide pre-built email templates that are very easy to modify. It is also super easy to create new email templates with their drag-and-drop email builder.
- Provides clear / easy-to-read analytics of email campaigns.
- I can easily import large email contact lists all at once or add a user manually one-at-a-time, when needed.
- They do not offer an email signup widget for use on your website.
- Best I can tell, I am unable to see the date/time by which a specific email address unsubscribed.
- There isn't any social media integration for sign ups, that I am aware of.
- Its integration with our web pages is very seamless.
- It has a very clean and easy-to-use user interface.
- Its email deliver ability is quite fast and spam free.
- Its reporting feature is not as comprehensive as I expect.
- Sometimes I found the support team takes lot of time to respond on technical queries.
- Paid subscription plans are slightly more expensive compared to other branded software.
- It has a very comprehensive dashboard which makes my work very easy.
- It allows me to schedule my email campaigns.
- It does not have many pre-loaded email templates.
- It does not have a mobile app for Android.
- Drag and drop email designer for transactional emails - super nice even though I do code, it's much quicker and easier to implement without code.
- Very simple implementation. Only a few lines of code need to be added in our backend and boom we were up and running in less than a day.
- Listening to customer feedback. They regularly send emails about new features and ask for feedback to improve their software.
- Some of the cheapest and best dedicated IPs.
- Easy integration and setup between marketing and transactional emails. Super helpful to have everything in one place.
- Not necessarily their Email API but their email in general - they are currently in beta for automated email sequences but are still bare bones. Much more work is needed before it can be used mainstream and be able to convert everything to SendGrid.
- Helping with warming up our dedicated IP for the best-sending score.
- We seem to hit the promotions folder a decent amount (maybe the IP problem above) and even a lot of their emails hit my spam or promotions folder (whether they be transactional or marketing) which isn't a great sign when trusting an ESP.
- Transactional email sequences would be a huge plus.
- Now that Twilio owns SenGrid, having an integrated platform where you could see all our transactional emails together.
- Better reporting and split reporting between transactional and marketing emails.
- Being a startup and going through an accelerator program in the GAN network, we were able to take advantage of SendGrid Accelerate program and leverage SendGrid training, resources, and early beta access to new products. Not to mention their dedicated IP address.
- SendGrid has an extremely simple UI/UX. From creating emails in the editor via HTML or drag & drop, to being able to manage our unsubscribe lists and even viewing KPIs on emails and specific categories; SendGrid is extremely intuitive.
- Compared to other email service providers, SendGrid has an exceptional deliverability rate. Being a global company and have thousands of users all over the world, we have never had an issue with delivering emails. Over 99% on all promotional campaigns and a near perfect rate on all our transactional emails.
- SendGrid recently launched automation/sequences. While this is still in beta, they have a weird setup where you must configure your entire contact list twice to be able to put contacts through the automation. It will be interesting to see their roadmap for this product as they continue to develop the marketing side of their product.
- I've had trouble setting up their tracking with our website via Google Tag Manager. Followed their instructions and ended up contacting SendGrid support and they said that we needed to implement the code on the actual website. Wish we could have it done with Google Tag Manager.
SendGrid is also extremely well suited for being able to view statistics on emails. Because of their email tagging/categories we are able to track onboarding emails, cart abandonment emails, and run A/B tests and understand which emails are working and which are not.
- The SendGrid API allows you to integrate the transactional email in as custom a fashion as you wish. This enables you to make the emails dispatched very customized.
- SendGrid also has a feature that allows you to use it as an email campaign manager. This eliminates the need to have two different solutions for email campaigns and transactional emails.
- The pricing structure is beneficial to those who begin with low volume. The graduated pricing allows the price to grow with use.
- The API documentation is a bit confusing.
- All of the SendGrid services are accessible from different URLs and there's no centralized dashboard.
- The WordPress plugin was pretty buggy.
- The interface for building emails is very intuitive and easy to use
- List management and segmentation capabilities
- Customer support is very responsive and helpful
- A|B testing and dynamic content works great
- Campaign branching capabilities aren't as advanced as what is available in some marketing automation providers
- Not a lot of pre-made email templates available, but this wasn't an issue for us as we build our own branded emails.
- Robust API for delivering bulk e-mails or transactional messages to users
- Top-notch features you'd expect from any enterprise grade ESP (inbox, bounce, open tracking, click tracking, etc)
- Powerful user interface for managing many aspects of your campaigns (email templates, user lists, etc)
- Excellent inbox deliver-ability
- White-labeling features that are simple to implement (to hide the fact that SendGrid is your ESP for outgoing e-mails)
- User interface can be non-intuitive for some features
- API Documentation is lacking in some places (but user support is top notch and responsive, so answers can be had relatively easily)
Twilio SendGrid Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Twilio SendGrid?
Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns provides users with segmentation, campaign editing, and deliverability. According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns is trusted by over 80,000 customers globally, including Airbnb, Spotify and Uber.
Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns aims to help users by providing:
MORE EFFICIENT EMAIL BUILDING
The campaign building process is free from frustrating, rigid step-by-step wizards that slow users down. The vendor says the choose-your-path editing options save time, whether users prefer code, design, or a mix of both.
EASY, HIGH-IMPACT SEGMENTATION & PERSONALIZATION
The vendor aims to provide users with an intuitive, clean UI that makes it clear who you’re targeting. Users can also personalizing campaign subject lines and content, and design custom fields to import.
INTUITIVE, IMPACTFUL EMAIL TESTING
According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid brings the most important campaign stats front and center so users can quickly gauge performance and iterate. When it’s time to dig deeper, Twilio SendGrid provides users with robust email activity data, inbox and geography insights, and more.
PROVEN DELIVERABILITY & SCALE
Getting your messages to the inbox is at the core of everything Twilio SendGrid does. You can upgrade to 24/7 support and expert services to bring your email program to new heights.
Twilio SendGrid Video
Twilio SendGrid Competitors
Twilio SendGrid Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Twilio SendGrid Technical Details