Do We Have an Account Or Not

February 14, 2022
The first time we applied for an account we were denied. Monica R reported to us that we broke their terms based on the emails we were …

Email deliverability reporting (76)

Standard reports (41)

Dashboards (41)

6.4

List management (37)

5.3

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Twilio SendGrid, and make your voice heard!

Basic

5.8

Pre-Send Testing

5.3

What is Twilio SendGrid?

Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns provides users with segmentation, campaign editing, and deliverability. According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns is trusted by over 80,000 customers globally, including Airbnb, Spotify and Uber.

Twilio SendGrid Marketing Campaigns aims to help users by providing:

MORE EFFICIENT EMAIL BUILDING
The campaign building process is free from frustrating, rigid step-by-step wizards that slow users down. The vendor says the choose-your-path editing options save time, whether users prefer code, design, or a mix of both.

EASY, HIGH-IMPACT SEGMENTATION & PERSONALIZATION
The vendor aims to provide users with an intuitive, clean UI that makes it clear who you’re targeting. Users can also personalizing campaign subject lines and content, and design custom fields to import.

INTUITIVE, IMPACTFUL EMAIL TESTING
According to the vendor, Twilio SendGrid brings the most important campaign stats front and center so users can quickly gauge performance and iterate. When it’s time to dig deeper, Twilio SendGrid provides users with robust email activity data, inbox and geography insights, and more.

PROVEN DELIVERABILITY & SCALE
Getting your messages to the inbox is at the core of everything Twilio SendGrid does. You can upgrade to 24/7 support and expert services to bring your email program to new heights.

Twilio SendGrid Video

Twilio SendGrid Email API. Send with Confidence.

Twilio SendGrid Competitors

Twilio SendGrid Technical Details

What is Twilio SendGrid's best feature?

Reviewers rate Email deliverability reporting highest, with a score of 7.8.

Who uses Twilio SendGrid?

The most common users of Twilio SendGrid are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Computer Software industry.

Originally our engineering team selected SendGrid because it was a well-known brand and highly regarded as the leader in email deliverability services. My executive team at the time was familiar with the brand as well, and had worked with key stakeholders at SendGrid prior to the Twilio acquisition. Our company cultures were similar and we did not hesitate to standardize on SendGrid for our internal and client-facing services. However, recently, we have migrated several hundred clients off the platform and into a combination of AWS SES, Mailjet, and Mailgun depending on their exact needs. The problems I have shared only describe a fraction of the absolute mess of operations we've seen at Twilio SendGrid. It was more labor efficient to manually migrate away from SendGrid than it was to try to work with their support and operations teams.
Matt Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use both. SendGrid as I stated before I use in a very simple manner - just as an email server basically- because the
email list I’m using is originates through ClickFunnels. They have enough reporting for me. Although I could definitely use click tracking so I may implement that with SendGrid if it is available in my plan.
Honestly, for the specific usage I made (sending notifications through email) both did pretty well. In terms of this specific task, I don't see much difference, rather than comparing the free plans.
Maybe there are differences in other features we have never used. I know Twilio SendGrid is a very strong tool, so this comparison may not be very interesting to analyze.
Laerte Jofre Junior | TrustRadius Reviewer
Twilio SendGrid stacks up against SharpSpring and Adobe Advertising Cloud because it resolves sending emails in a easy way with a low cost and a lot free quotas. So if you need to only integrates a list register, a easy newsletter send or even a smtp integration, Twilio SendGrid is the best alternative.
Twilio SendGrid is a great all around email marketing solution. It does everything that Mailchimp can do but offers a whole host of other features a professional marketeer would require. Mailchimp does not support email campaigns that promote gambling products.
Zee Gimon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have been looking for an email marketing provider that would match the budget ("not too high" :), our database numbers (over 10K subscribers), and convenience. MailChimp is very convenient and easy to use, but it was expensive at 10K+ subscribers. Emma, which I haven't used, but evaluated, was even more expensive. SendGrid was the tool that our developers were already using for transactional emails, therefore it made sense to try it. Also, SendGrid was four times cheaper than MailChimp.
Brad Emery- CEO The Aimviva Travel Club | TrustRadius Reviewer
We also have Kartra, which is not in your list. Seriously, if I’m running the campaign, it’s SendGrid. I’m not a tech guy, but I can use it and can even design something and get the HTML code out if I need to.
My biggest gripe is that it’s so hard to move data across platforms, but I understand that’s GDPR driven, not compatibility.
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We prefer Twilio SendGrid as a solution, simpler installation, very low failure rate (less than 1%) Our goal is a 1 step solution that we never have to go back to, that way the client is only billed once and their ROI remains high.
Jake Bodmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We selected SendGrid for the flexibility it offered us where we could set up APIs from our own database and CDP to trigger one-to-one messages, automate campaigns, personalize comms and save money over other systems that require you to host your data in their systems and charge a monthly fee. The system lets us select vendors that work for us to handle other objectives rather than trying to do everything out of the box.
We considered using Mailchimp from the beginning but we weren't in a place where we needed everything Mailchimp had to offer and we needed a simpler solution that was easy to implement and use. SendGrid served us well as a bigger stage company with limited funds and needs but now we are looking at switching to something more.
I tried EmailKitchen for sometimes before using SendGrid. That was also a good tool but the spam rate of that tool was quite high. I didn't like the high spam rate of that tool so I switched to SendGrid. I got highly impressed with SendGrid's deliverability with almost zero spam.
Some of the other platforms we have used in the past appeared to be cheaper up front, but in the long run... they were a lot more costly than Twilio SendGrid. Some of the other email marketing tools did not offer drag and drop features that make building an email campaign easy for any user, even those with less technical background or knowledge. Lastly, the customer services provided by Twilio SendGrid is much more accessible than any other platform we've used.
Evan Laird | TrustRadius Reviewer
The only other transactional email program I've used inside of Dinely was Mailgun. Mailgun is great with deliverability and relatively cost effective as well. The only issue is it's not able to be rapidly implemented. If we wanted to design up transactional emails that wow our customers we would have to either: have me spend hours and hours doing extra work, or hire a freelancer to help out. Which both would cost relatively $1,000s and take a few weeks. Whereas with SendGrid email API and their transactional emails, I was able to pump these out in a few hours, save templates, and get our necessary 10-20 transaction emails out within a day.
Sam Lepak | TrustRadius Reviewer
Before using SendGrid we used Mailchimp and were very limited with segmenting our users. Then we moved to ActiveCampaign and paid a ton of money for sending a few promotional emails per month. Then we got SendGrid - letting us rid both of ActiveCampaign and Mailgun and having all our emails in one central location.

Not only did we save a ton of money with the SendGrid Accelerate program but we will also save $200 a month once we are on a paid plan. While some of the features (lead scoring, automations) aren't as advanced as ActiveCampaign, SendGrid is perfect for our startup with 50k+ email list.
Justin McClelland | TrustRadius Reviewer
All of the aforementioned competing services don't have a transactional email component along with their email marketing campaign services. Also, SendGrid is the most economical value of the 4, while 2nd place goes to MailChimp with regard to pricing. I liked SendGrid out of the group best, as it allowed for the most custom control.
December 21, 2018

Email marketing made easy

If I consider the the easiness in functionality of Email Editor in SendGrid Marketing Email software, it matches my expectations. I don't need to train my colleagues for the usage of this software. In my absence also anyone can create email campaigns and send it very easily. So I chose this software.
Megan Kratzman | TrustRadius Reviewer
For transactional email, SendGrid is hard to beat. When your use case includes transactional emails as well as marketing email sends, SendGrid is a one-stop shop.
Jim Rubenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
SendGrid offers a ready-to-go solution to delivering e-mails to your users. They have integrated the most popular features/requirements for managing the Marketing aspect of your e-mail list with one of the best APIs for managing your lists, campaigns, creatives, and messages. Offering a one-stop solution that suits a lot of the needs that many businesses have.

The closest competitor to them is Mandrill/MailChimp, however the business model change that Mandrill instituted a few years ago makes it a significantly more expensive platform for a new/small company who is trying to keep a close eye on costs.

SendGrid offers a good product as well, however they have not improved the product in years (since being acquired by RackSpace) and Mandrill has long since surpassed them in features (though, SendGrid may be a less expensive option/have a larger free-tier).

Amazon Simple Email Service is a completely programmatic service with no user interface included. If you're a developer not having to support any users who need GUI interfaces, and don't want the GUI interface yourself (for tracking, etc), or need a very robust system/are building your own ESP, than SES is probably a fine solution for you.