Twitter Ads is a search engine marketing tool built around features such as objective-based campaigns, promoted trends, and in-depth analytics.Twitter Ads - perfect for targeting young people and businesses.We leverage Twitter Ads specifically to target young people and young businesses. While young people spend more time on the internet and effectively on social media, startup businesses tend to use social media to reach out to prospective customers, since they do not typically have large marketing resources like established brands. Twitter Ads enable us reach this demographic of users at a significant fraction of the cost than if we choose to reach them via traditional advertisement medium like mainstream television.,Twitter Ads, just like every form of internet ads, enable us to target users based on their geographical location. This has been very vital for occasions when we are trying to raise awareness about new products specifically tailored for customers and clients from a particular location. Twitter Ads is significantly more cost effective than traditional adverts we run on mainstream TV stations and newspapers, especially since most of our campaigns majorly target the younger generation. Of this group, we are aware that the younger generation in South Africa spend more time on the internet than they ever do sitting behind their TV set or even reading newspapers. Twitter Ads makes it possible to engage live with Twitter users as they view our ad campaigns. This allows us to clarify information , respond to questions and even qualify leads while our campaign is running. This obviously is not possible with traditional mediums of advertisement.,The level of customer support we get using Twitter Ads is poor at best. There is no email address where we can send inquiries or query any decisions regarding our ad campaigns. Rather we are only allowed to open a complaint form from which we sometimes don't get any response at all and on the few occasions when we do, we only ever get one line or canned responses. The mobile ad version of Twitter ads leaves very little possibility for users. I am unable to edit my campaign creatives , or re-target our ad campaigns via the mobile platform. Every serious task to be done with Twitter Ads has to be done from behind my PC. This is the era of the mobile-first approach and I wonder why Twitter doesn't seem to get this logic, at least in regards their ad management. Geographical targeting, while very efficient on Twitter, can be much better. Within the South-African Twitter space, we have only had options to target major cities. However we want to be able to target towns and districts too.,8,Twitter ads have allowed us be as cost effective as possible with our marketing budget. With Twitter Ads reports , we have been able to analyze metrics of every ad campaign, allowing us to discover possible ways to improve on them. This obviously is not a possibility with traditional advert channels. We have generated more leads with Twitter Ads than we have on Instagram and Facebook Ads, which are the two other social media platforms where we regularly run advertising campaigns.,BothHigh Risk, High RewardWe run advertising on a variety of social platforms depending on needs and best fit. Twitter is a real-time networking platform that allows you to be in front of a live audience at any time. Twitter ads are great to plan around major news or entertainment events when people are gathering together to talk about the same things and can really build awareness for your brand.,The user-interface is designed well and easy to use. Targeting and retargeting in a very granular way. Good reporting on campaigns.,Ads are expensive in relation to other social platforms. It's easy to waste money if you don't have a very focused objective. The Twitter audience is sometimes suspect. Are you really advertising to people or just bots?,5,Expensive for local businesses for the value it provides. Gives another ad channel for you to reach customers you might not already attract. Very easy to waste money.,,BothThoughts about Twitter AdsI purchase Twitter Ads on behalf of my client. It is used by the whole organization for the multiple clients we service. It allows us to broaden our paid social media reach and target users that we can't necessarily find anywhere else. They allow allow us think outside the box with the many advertising opportunities available.,Easily target hashtags and keywords Great for event targeting Many ad units we can tap into,They don't allow you to share audiences if your client has multiple accounts Tweet set up is not as intuitive Their creative specs are tough to read,7,It allows innovative ways to target and expand reach We can test beta ad units,Slack,BothTwitter Ads for B2B and B2C advertisingTwitter Ads is used by the media and reporting sectors of our company. We use it to advertise B2B and B2C ads for our clients, using against traffic objectives to drive traffic to our client's product sites. We implement Twitter Ads on behalf of the clients, and manage the performance and budgets within the tool. We also coordinate directly with a Twitter rep to set up IOs to use Twitter Ads.,Easy data export. I work with data to report on performance, and having a convenient exporting system is really important to me. Clean Design Nice Visuals,It would be nice if it was easier to set up funding sources (IOs) for Twitter Ads. Having to reach out to a Twitter rep to set this up every time is cumbersome, and with several of our clients, run dates for each funding source often change. Having additional advanced filter and search features (similar to Facebook Ads Manager) would be helpful. Filtering down to only certain campaigns, targets and ads would be helpful. Being able to preview the Twitter Ad within the Ad experience, without having a separate pop up window would be nice. Again, this would be similar to Facebook Ads Manager.,8,Twitter Ads was able to drive large site traffic levels at low cost. Twitter is able to drive impressions at extremely low CPMs compared to other social channels,Facebook for Business, Google Analytics and Google Data Studio,BothEffective for building brand awareness - but targeting needs some workWe use Twitter Ads within our business unit in order to increase visibility for the content we are sharing on Twitter, with the goal of ultimately increasing conversions. We've run multiple types of campaigns, including promoted tweets and follower growth, as well as the flat-fee promotion which includes both types.,Ease of use. It's very simple to add new creative to an existing campaign, or to quickly promote a tweet. Reporting. I appreciate the dashboard that shows how many organic and paid impressions tweets have received, as well as the resulting engagements. Low-lift advertising. The new auto-promote option makes it so I don't have to choose which tweets I want to promote.,Targeting options. I find that I'm able to get much more granular with my targeting on other social networks (like Facebook and LinkedIn) in comparison to Twitter. I find the interest targeting to be of limited use, and it can be a pain to find enough relevant individual accounts for targeting a campaign in that way. I'd like the ability to promote someone else's tweet that directly tags/mentions our account - I don't believe this feature is currently available to all. Cost. Twitter has been more expensive for us than Facebook, with an overall less engaged audience.,7,We've been able to reach some segments of our audience that we might not have otherwise through increased Twitter impressions. We've identified some segments of the audience that are less interested in our offerings based on the engagement metrics provided by Twitter. We've converted traffic at a satisfactory rate to make the investment in Twitter Ads worth our time - we just need to monitor things closely.,AdWords, Facebook for Business and LinkedIn Marketing Solutions,B2C
Twitter Ads

Twitter Ads Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

Twitter Ads
Filter 96 vetted Twitter Ads reviews and ratings
Anthonia Aveh profile photo
August 07, 2018

Review: "Twitter Ads - perfect for targeting young people and businesses."

• Twitter Ads, just like every form of internet ads, enable us to target users based on their geographical location. This has been very vital for occasions when we are trying to raise awareness about new products specifically tailored for customers and clients from a particular location.
  • Twitter Ads is significantly more cost effective than traditional adverts we run on mainstream TV stations and newspapers, especially since most of our campaigns majorly target the younger generation. Of this group, we are aware that the younger generation in South Africa spend more time on the internet than they ever do sitting behind their TV set or even reading newspapers.
  • Twitter Ads makes it possible to engage live with Twitter users as they view our ad campaigns. This allows us to clarify information , respond to questions and even qualify leads while our campaign is running. This obviously is not possible with traditional mediums of advertisement.
  • The level of customer support we get using Twitter Ads is poor at best. There is no email address where we can send inquiries or query any decisions regarding our ad campaigns. Rather we are only allowed to open a complaint form from which we sometimes don't get any response at all and on the few occasions when we do, we only ever get one line or canned responses.
  • The mobile ad version of Twitter ads leaves very little possibility for users. I am unable to edit my campaign creatives , or re-target our ad campaigns via the mobile platform. Every serious task to be done with Twitter Ads has to be done from behind my PC. This is the era of the mobile-first approach and I wonder why Twitter doesn't seem to get this logic, at least in regards their ad management.
  • Geographical targeting, while very efficient on Twitter, can be much better. Within the South-African Twitter space, we have only had options to target major cities. However we want to be able to target towns and districts too.
Twitter is well suited for brands seeking to effectively manage and tweak their advertising campaign, while also interacting in real-time with people who stumble on their ads, thus maximizing optimal result. It is also my suggested ad platform for brands who want to target the younger generation, especially millennials and those born in the 1990s.
Read Anthonia Aveh's full review
Nicholas De Salvo profile photo
June 22, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "High Risk, High Reward"

• The user-interface is designed well and easy to use.
  • Targeting and retargeting in a very granular way.
  • Good reporting on campaigns.
  • Ads are expensive in relation to other social platforms.
  • It's easy to waste money if you don't have a very focused objective.
  • The Twitter audience is sometimes suspect. Are you really advertising to people or just bots?
If you have a budget and you are are a Pop Culture type brand with a decent ad budget, I think a Twitter campaign can really help spread awareness about you. Twitter is a giant platform where everyone can get together and talk about what is going on in the world at that moment. There are big wins there if you can tie into it properly.

If you're a local business looking for customers, I think your advertising dollars are best spent elsewhere. The traffic you generate is expensive and there are other channels that can be more effective in building your funnel.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
Jasmine Wang profile photo
August 17, 2018

User Review: "Thoughts about Twitter Ads"

• Easily target hashtags and keywords
  • Great for event targeting
  • Many ad units we can tap into
  • They don't allow you to share audiences if your client has multiple accounts
  • Tweet set up is not as intuitive
  • Their creative specs are tough to read
It fits very well for event targeting, big or small. It can reach users who are in the moment and in the right mindset to be receptive to your brands. Because there are multiple advertising units available, you can customize to how it best fits your caption.

It doesn't work as well as Facebook because it lacks the reach Facebook has.
Read Jasmine Wang's full review
Tegan Jenner profile photo
August 15, 2018

Review: "Twitter Ads for B2B and B2C advertising"

• Easy data export. I work with data to report on performance, and having a convenient exporting system is really important to me.
  • Clean Design
  • Nice Visuals
  • It would be nice if it was easier to set up funding sources (IOs) for Twitter Ads. Having to reach out to a Twitter rep to set this up every time is cumbersome, and with several of our clients, run dates for each funding source often change.
  • Having additional advanced filter and search features (similar to Facebook Ads Manager) would be helpful. Filtering down to only certain campaigns, targets and ads would be helpful.
  • Being able to preview the Twitter Ad within the Ad experience, without having a separate pop up window would be nice. Again, this would be similar to Facebook Ads Manager.
Twitter has a decent B2B set of targeting, and being able to target based on profile descriptions has been helpful. Running ads on Twitter is often underrated, but since the CPMs and CPCs driven by Twitter are usually very efficient, it's a hard platform to rule out. Twitter, versus another B2B platform like LinkedIn, is much more cost efficient to run ads on, while still being able to reach a Professional audience. For Consumer ads, Twitter is also a viable option, but I personally have more experience using Twitter Ads for B2B ads.
Read Tegan Jenner's full review
Ben Rubenstein profile photo
August 11, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Effective for building brand awareness - but targeting needs some work"

• Ease of use. It's very simple to add new creative to an existing campaign, or to quickly promote a tweet.
  • Reporting. I appreciate the dashboard that shows how many organic and paid impressions tweets have received, as well as the resulting engagements.
  • Low-lift advertising. The new auto-promote option makes it so I don't have to choose which tweets I want to promote.
  • Targeting options. I find that I'm able to get much more granular with my targeting on other social networks (like Facebook and LinkedIn) in comparison to Twitter. I find the interest targeting to be of limited use, and it can be a pain to find enough relevant individual accounts for targeting a campaign in that way.
  • I'd like the ability to promote someone else's tweet that directly tags/mentions our account - I don't believe this feature is currently available to all.
  • Cost. Twitter has been more expensive for us than Facebook, with an overall less engaged audience.
I think Twitter Ads is useful for building awareness if you have a broad audience range - if you have a very narrow audience you want to target, other channels may be more cost-effective. I also think it's most effective for brand building; you can get a lot of impressions/eyeballs, but turning those into clicks or conversions can be a challenge given the way that many use Twitter.
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
Jessica Olmos profile photo
August 07, 2018

User Review: "Twitter Ads ¿why don't we use it?"

Advertising on social networks has a great impact. A company that does not use this as a way to make propaganda is destined to failure. With Twitter Ads we can make campaigns to get followers. The company for which I work is one of the best doing this. With this application our company has tripled the number of followers on this social network, and as Twitter is one of the best social networks, that gives us information in real time, we can create quite productive campaigns.

Currently the Communications team are those who use the company's social networks. We have greatly improved the communications with the users of our products, because we communicate with them a lot through this application.
  • You can design several types of advertising campaigns: to gain followers, to get people to interact with the tweet, or so that people buy a product that you recommend.
  • If you have flashy content you can create a striking campaign, become a trend, and users will know your brand or company.
  • You must be careful how you handle your advertising to avoid saturating users. On Twitter if there is something that abounds, it is advertising.
  • I have seen little intention on the part of Twitter, as great as the company is, to teach its users to use this application for advertising. Many use it to waste their time and not to take advantage of it.
Twitter Ads is very good when the person who is using it knows very well what they are going to do. If you have a good campaign, plus a good product and the right phrases, your followers will multiply and you will make yourself known. I have seen how this has worked for several people.

Now, just like this tool can get you into heaven, if you do not use it well you will annoy people because you will saturate them with information. I think that Twitter should alert those who use this tool in a wrong way and guide them to correct errors, because people ultimately pay for this application.
Read Jessica Olmos's full review
September 14, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "A strong, powerful -and possibly costly- way of building sales leads directly from your competitors' communities."

Twitter Ads is a strong competitor in the social media advertising sphere. While in my opinion, it ranks 3rd after Facebook (price-wise) and Instagram (Niche-marketing), I am still a big fan of Twitter ads mainly due to the fact that the conversion rate is higher than other social media platforms.

To make it simple, a customer/sales lead who comes to your website through Twitter is more likely to buy products (and normally their basket has a higher average value) than those who come from Facebook and Instagram.

The ads creation page is easy to use and creating your first ad can be as fast as a few clicks.

The analytics side is also quite comprehensive.

• One of the main benefits of using Twitter ads is the ability to target your competitors' followers. This enabled us to target our client's competitors whenever we ran ads on the platform and helped us not only gain a new customer but also move them away from our client's competitors.
  • High conversion rate compared to other platforms
  • A conversation starter and easy sales lead generation
  • Lots of CRMs now can plug into your Twitter mentions feed to create sales lead and customer care cases.
  • Expensive compared to other platforms
  • Lacks proper geolocation, gender, and interests targeting (compared to Facebook). All of which can be replaced by proper accounts targeting, however, that part requires heavy research

I highly recommend Twitter Ads for users looking to establish a strong online presence on the platform and the digital sphere.

While a little on the expensive side, the payoff, in the long run, is quite remarkable especially that Twitter Ads will show your content to all the followers gained (while other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, use algorithms that might place your daily content lower or won't even show them to your fans)..

September 18, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Helpful for Small Businesses!"

It is being used by my department in the organization as the marketing team is the consolidation of these efforts for the entire organization. It addresses the problems of expanding our reach and of trying to increase brand identity especially on Twitter.
  • Clear to use. Not much instruction of reference to documentation was needed in order to set it up.
  • It is easy to navigate especially after making ads and letting them run. The UI is very easy to use and therefore makes it a simple tool for the user.
  • Reporting is good too. We can clearly see how many clicks we are having on our ads and see where to improve.
  • They could have more detailed analytics capabilities so things could be analyzed more in depth and more comparatively.
  • They could have more unique options for ad types. As in: display ads would be nice to have as well as customization options.
  • Having the ability to use my own UTM tags for ads would be great too. Maybe this option is there now, but we recently stopped using the product, and hadn't used that option at the time.
It would be well suited for a team looking to build awareness and grow. It is easy to use for your needs. It wouldn't be good for detailed tracking, you may need a Google Analytics type of software to help along the side for tracking but otherwise great for building your Twitter profile views!
June 19, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Twitter : A place to advertise your brand"

Basically, we use Twitter Ads for attracting relevant customers according to our campaigns and Ads. Like It can be a beauty product for which we try to connect with women and girls. It is simpler to use rather than Facebook. Since Twitter has the second largest number of users so it is a great place to run your Ads and campaigns. It also helps in gathering more followers. It helps directly connecting with the users and customers with messages or tweets etc.
  • Directly connecting with customers and users.
  • Simple intuitive UI to use Twitter Ads which attracts me to it more than Facebook Ads
  • A large number of genuine and professional users than Facebook or any other platforms.
  • Costly, Less payment methods.
  • Customer Care Support is very less, takes time to solve problems.
1. Conversion of the customer is higher than any other platform.
2. It has allowed reaching potential clients and customers of services.
3. It helps in connecting with the user very easily.
4. It has fastest run time, not much lack in between pausing campaign and starting campaign.
5. Less appropriate in the domain of customer service and payment method.
August 10, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Cost Effective Way to Reach and Grow Follower Base"

We use Twitter Ads mainly for clients who need to grow Twitter influence, number followers and general reach.
  • It's a cost effective way to reach a targeted demographic
  • Twitter ads usually work well with specific campaigns and driving website clicks
  • It's a good way to stay on top of followers minds as well as growing following
  • Improving reach works relatively well but even more ways to target demographic would be welcomed
New product launches and announcements work well for Twitter Ads. We always use tweets with photos for ads as those seem to get the best response. Generally a broader interest tweet work better for ads.
Toni Reifsteck profile photo
May 22, 2018

User Review: "Healthcare and Twitter Ads"

Twitter Ads is one of many digital marketing platforms used at my organization. It is used as part of a larger marketing campaign. It is rarely used alone.
  • Twitter Ads does really well for brand awareness. With a decent budget, you can amplify your organization's message.
  • In recent times (thanks to the current administration) Twitter has seen a resurgence. Users engage more on Twitter than ever before.
  • Certain affinity groups are more prolific on Twitter .e.g Black Twitter. We have had success using Twitter Ads to market medical conditions common in women of color.
  • Some campaign objectives don't give you access to users' timelines. I find that disappointing.
  • Targeting is hard to use. The only way to find out which audience is better suited is to to manually split test them.
Twitter Ads is well suited if you are working with a big budget and can afford to spread your spend around. It can be cost prohibitive as conversion has never been significant enough to justify utilizing it consistently.
Read Toni Reifsteck's full review
Rebecca Oguntula profile photo
April 13, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Twitter ad. It is effective but expensive."

We use Twitter Ads majorly to target young working-class professionals who are amongst our major business customer targets. Twitter from our past marketing campaigns has gotten us the highest working-class professional customers amongst every marketing campaign running across major social media platforms here; Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, and Twitter.
  • FAST RUNTIME; Twitter Ads has got the fastest campaign run time amongst the social media ads platforms we have used in time past. On Twitter Ads, we are sometimes able to get our ads live and pacing in less than ten minutes. In contrast with a platform like Linkedin, where it takes hours for our ad campaigns to begin pacing or generating impressions.
  • INTUITIVENESS; The Twitter Ads user environment has got great aesthetic, which is pleasing to the eye and a user interface which is intuitive to the average internet user. Learning how to navigate around this program effectively cost me just a few days.
  • LIVE INFORMATION EXCHANGE; This stands out for Twitter Ads. Whenever we run ads on this platform, Twitter users who pick an interest in the message being conveyed on the ads are able to make live comments on the ad, and we are able to respond to their comments. Nothing beats this for me.
  • PRICEY; When compared with other social media ads platforms like Instagram and Facebook. I must say that Twitter Ads is very expensive, albeit the fact it has been the most effective of all of the social media platforms for our campaigns.
  • POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE; This is an area Twitter has got to improve on. For any time we send a message via the contact form to Twitter to clarify issues, we only ever get a one-line response and which, in most cases, doesn't even address our complaint. This is customer service at its worse, considering it is a paid service.
  • PROBLEMS WITH PAYMENT METHODS; We have situations in the past when Twitter Ads suddenly rejects our payment method(card), even though it had been used on countless occasions before. And to make matters worse, there is never a medium to get an appropriate clarification on the reason for this action.
Twitter Ads is perfect for when we have a need to target young, working-class professionals. I think this may be due to the fact that Twitter is a community of real-time, short information exchanges. This is probably the reason why young professionals take a fancy to this platform.

Twitter Ads has got an effective targeting feature, which allows me to select a few users handles and our ads is displayed to users who have profile similarities with the Twitter users we selected.
Twitter Ads provide us with a very fast result, especially for the times when we have run surveys on the social network.
Read Rebecca Oguntula's full review
Mayowa Areola profile photo
March 23, 2018

Review: "Twitter Ads: Perfect for B2B lead generation."

We make use of Twitter Ads as a means to target selected demography on the Twitter social networking platform. It is our best bet to reach business managers while they are relaxed and probably receptive to new information. Don't we all log into Twitter to build knowledge and learn new facts?
  • EASE OF SETUP : It is very to run an ad campaign on the Twitter platform . In-fact, we are able to setup an ad campaign in five minutes.
  • EASY CONVERSATION : Twitter Ad is probably the only ad platform where users who see our ad can easily and quickly ask the company a question by simply posting the question on the ad thread or sending us a Tweet.
  • FRIENDLY USER INTERFACE : Twitter Ad has a simple and intuitive user interface which fastens the learning curve for a new user just getting introduced to the world of Twitter advertisement.
  • CUSTOMER SERVICE - I need to probably say this with a quoted text. "Twitter Ad has horrible support service' . Every time we have tried running an ad and ran into an obstacle and then contacted Twitter support, we never get a response until at least a 48 hour period. When we eventually do, it is always a one line response which in most cases, barely addresses the issue at hand.
  • PAYMENT MEDIUM - To pay for Twitter Ads only Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards are accepted .There is no room to pay via a payment gateway like Paypal which is a worldwide payment system. We have also had occasions where Twitter rejected our payment card for no reason, and we never got an explanation and had to use another card to be able to run our ad.
  • INEFFECTIVE MOBILE AD PLATFORM - business.twitter.com which is website for Twitter Ad does have a mobile version, however you can only modify the amount of money you wish to spend on your ad campaign and can do nothing else. Users are unable to edit content for the ad via this mobile medium.
Twitter Ads. is well suited for businesses looking to reach out to professionals. Since majority of Twitter users are professionals.
Twitter is also perfect for B2B lead generation. Over time we have surprisingly gotten more customers from Twitter than Linkedin.
Read Mayowa Areola's full review
Matthew Bernstein profile photo
February 28, 2018

User Review: "Twitter Ads is Great for Local Ads"

Twitter Ads is a great way to be recognized locally for an inexpensive total sum. It is currently utilized in my organization across several different business units - the primary use for it is of course in the marketing department, which utilizes the platform to get reach within a defined neighborhood and generate leads.
  • Campaign templates make it very easy to use
  • Several ways to define an audience, based on different parameters
  • Ability to retarget audiences
  • Spam accounts could make up a large portion of the impressions received
  • Intertwining with content, there is the ability for people to miss your message
  • Negative connotation of social media in the "Fake News" era
Twitter ads is very good for a local business looking to promote itself locally. The scenarios where Twitter ads make the most sense is when a business with a storefront or multiple locations is looking to drive traffic into said locations. Twitter can offer an inexpensive platform to reach local consumers.
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Christine Austin profile photo
January 18, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Connecting and Targeting Good Audiences, but Doesn't Always Feel Worthwhile"

Twitter has been a outlet we've used to promote some of our upcoming events and events that we will be attending. We've recognized Twitter as a very good real-time platform when people are preparing to go to events or when they are already attending them. Thus, we decided to use Twitter Ads to reach out to these groups of people who are going to events to see if we can bring awareness to a campaign we are running, or, reach out to people who may be interested in an event we are running.
  • Ability to target followers of individuals lets you target some very niche industries that other ad platforms don't allow.
  • Ad campaigns are easy to set up and are straightforward. Overall, it'd definitely the easiest out platform when compared to Linkedin and Facebook.
  • Great to be able to adjust date ranges and drill down into specific campaigns/ad sets. This enables campaigns to be judged more accurately.
  • Can tend to feel like you get very little return on investment. For example, if you want to make sure you're not getting a bunch of bot-like accounts following you during a campaign you will end up spending a lot of money.
  • Would like some more resources on best practices for performance and how to optimize and monitor.
I would suggest avoiding follower campaigns and instead promote your content. Currently, Twitter contains too many low quality/bot users that tend to be the ones clicking on your ads. So while you might get some clicks, you end up with some pretty unqualified people.
Read Christine Austin's full review
Olabintan Adenike Shoro profile photo
January 09, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Perfect for user targeting."

We use Twitter Ads. to target our competitors' customers on Twitter. We use it as a means to raise awareness about our latest Banking products and solutions.
  • Twitter Ads. makes it easy to communicate with Twitter users viewing our sponsored ad. or tweet as users are allowed to make comments on every Twitter ad. This allows us to segment these users for future communications.
  • Engagement: Viewers of our ads. on Twitter can click on our product link, visit our website and sometimes even share the ad. link or promoted tweet with their friends: thereby increasing the potential number of people to see the ad.
  • Ease of set up: The Twitter user interface is very intuitive and self-explanatory too. Making it very easy to start ad. campaigns; probably the social media platform with the most easy to setup ad. campaigns.
  • Payment methods: Twitter payment methods are limited to just Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards. It doesn't accept local Cards.
  • Ads. campaign Analytics: Twitter only provides screenshot analytics of our Twitter Ads. campaigns. I would love the analytical data to be much more concise and detailed, which it isn't at the moment.
  • Exporting ad. data: It is very difficult to export ad. data via Twitter.
Twitter ad. provides large-scale analytical information such as ad. impressions, profile visits and mentions. Targeting: Twitter is the best amongst other social networks when it comes to targeting users. Allows us target followers of our competitors; thereby putting our brand in the face of our competitors' customers. Ease of setup: Setting up a Twitter ad. campaign is very easy, probably amongst the simplest things to do on Twitter.
Read Olabintan Adenike Shoro's full review
January 25, 2018

User Review: "The Advertising World of Twitter Ads"

Twitter is one of the largest social media networks and growing day by day. This platform is more attractive for businesses. And thus Twitter Ads comes to the rescue. It offers of all the major features of ads such as pay-per-click, display ads etc. Display your ads as categorize manner with an automatic targeting feature present at work at all times. People related to the category who show interest in the topic will be targeted to show the ad's. good interactive level with the audience.
  • Pay per click, which is a great feature to use.
  • Twitter user engagements and awareness. The topic related audience only.
  • Streaming live videos.
  • Website clicks and gets traffic.
  • Limitation of characters to only 140.
  • While the targeting of Twitter is relevant most of the time, it is not always right and there are some ads that are completely unrelated to the search terms entered.
  • Not as many users as Facebook.
1) Getting traffic of users.
2) 2nd most used platform where a number of users are higher.
3) Topic related audience and targeted users.
4) Tracking of users and know what they want to see and what they don't want to check.
5) Gets lots of spam which is not good for advertisers too.
6) The clutter of posts makes it a possibility that the users might not want to engage with your post particularly.
April 05, 2018

Review: "Twitter Ads - A platform for connecting business to client."

Twitter Ads is used to create campaigns and interact with customers directly and to know their views and requirements. It enables us to reach professionals who are major business targets since it has a very large number of potential users. As we create a campaign, only those who are interested in the campaigns are the users we need to reach. There's no need to interact with everyone on the platform.
  • Easy to use and very fast to create a campaign.
  • Only potential clients are being interacted. Ask any question about their views and ideas, promote your campaigns and brands.
  • Payment method is very poor
  • Less support care executives.
1. Well suited to connect with a potential client is the best reason.
2. Since Twitter is very vast and 2nd most number of users in social media after Facebook.
3. Users can ask a question live by simply responding to ads or tweet.
4. Social media users can share campaigns link to their friends and relatives which also helps to promote campaigns.
5. By this, we can also post videos and images of the campaigns.
January 16, 2018

Twitter Ads Review: "Great Platform for Twitter Advertising"

Twitter ads can be a great tool for engaging and finding followers. We have used it in the past as a way of bolstering our follower numbers with real people, not bots. It was a great way to add some exposure and did, in fact, give us some great results at a reasonable price point.
  • Easy setup - Twitter Ads makes it really easy to get campaigns started and work towards specific goals.
  • Solid analytics - based on your campaign goals, it is easy to see how you are tracking and how you are performing over time.
  • A/B Testing - Easy to set up and test different ads, which can be really helpful before deploying larger campaigns.
  • Audience Reach - It would be great to be able to be even more targeted in who you want to target for engagement campaigns, would make them more attractive to a buyer.
  • Integrations - Would be amazing to be able to tie results directly into Salesforce campaigns, for example.
  • Testing periods - Would be nice to have an enhanced ability to test ads across campaigns at once.
Twitter Ads can be great if your audience is on Twitter. For some companies, investing in Twitter, or social media in general, is not necessary. However, if your target audience is on the platform, I think Twitter Ads can be a great way to gain followers or encourage higher levels of engagement on specific tweets/campaigns.
Sarah Haberman profile photo
October 25, 2017

User Review: "Twitter ads.....meh"

Twitter ads were being used specifically by the social media department, which was a team of 2 individuals. We used it to deploy Twitter ads across North America for both our B2B and B2C verticals. We used Twitter ads because it seemed like the most efficient tool for our need, which was putting ads on Twitter.
  • Twitter ads allow you to preview your advertisements before they go live
  • It's extremely hard to edit ads once they're created
  • It's extremely expensive
  • The reporting is often inaccurate
  • Targeting based on keywords is difficult and typically wrong, and many users don't publicly identify information that would help with targeting
Twitter ads are a good place to start, but if there are any intermediary products I would recommend using them instead. Twitter ads are not nearly as straightforward as many of the other native advertising platforms, so it's not as intuitive for a beginner user.
Read Sarah Haberman's full review
November 29, 2017

Twitter Ads: "Great tool for generating more leads"

Twitter Ads is used to grow our social media following on Twitter and promote our latest content on there too, giving us the opportunity to generate more leads and bringing more visitors to our website. It is currently used by the marketing department on a regular basis, every time a new report or piece of content is out. We are able to grow our business on Twitter through this and in turn, gain a good following.
  • Twitter Ads brings you a lot more followers by allowing you to reach out to people all over the world, except for a handful of countries who don't have Twitter. It's very good in terms of directly targeting a specific audience of a country.
  • It's also relatively cheap, dependent on how much you want to bid for each click or impression and because it's suited to you, you can set an entire budget and let it run out by itself, without having to worry about manually stopping it.
  • The results are a good way of learning who has clicked on your tweets and finding out a bit more about your audience, helping you improve your ads for next time.
  • Twitter Ads for some strange reason doesn't keep the results of a campaign, instead deleting all results almost as soon as they are done. This doesn't really help us as we have to manually log the success of a campaign in order to compare it to others.
  • There is some limitation in targeting as it should give us the option to drill down the audience a bit more by allowing us to target by specific industries (that aren't just in the pre-defined lists)
Twitter Ads is good if you're a business testing the waters of a new market to see if anyone is interested. If you can create a visually appealing image to go with your tweet, you can get visitors to your landing page. However, for more corporate businesses, B2B perhaps, it is a little less effective and takes longer to try and build a good audience to target.
September 06, 2017

User Review: "Twitter Ads for Performance Marketing"

The upper funnel Paid Social team uses Twitter ads for brand awareness campaigns, but I, in Performance Marketing use Twitter Ads for retargeting users. We were targeting users who abandoned our site without booking a hotel to bring them back and complete their booking.
  • Target specific audiences - site visitors, specific countries, and demographics
  • Reach users within the right frequency - not over expose our ads, but just the right amount to result in a conversion
  • Twitter is able to show a tweet with an image, and now they can show carousel images, videos ect.
  • Ads cannot be dynamic based on information the pixel is capturing on our audiences from our site - example: showing real-time pricing in the ad copy, or as an overlay on the image.
  • Twitter cannot target by language, only by country. This means certain foreign speakers in countries may not find our ad to be relevant since it's not being shown in their preferred language.
  • Twitter has very limited capabilities to show you cross-device attribution. They can see when a user engaged on mobile and converted on desktop, and vice-versa, but this audience is limited to only a fraction of people logged into Twitter on multiple devices, not all of them.
These were described in great detail in previous examples in this survey, but overall, Twitter has not kept up with the trends its competitors have conquered. Facebook is able to track cross-device behavior (at a cost through AMT), it has the ability to target based on language, and is able to dynamically insert pricing into its ads, in the text or in the images, based on the product(s) the user has expressed interest in, making their advertising efforts very relevant to users and increasing a higher conversion rate propensity.
Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA profile photo
March 28, 2017

User Review: "Tweet Reach Booster with Twitter Ads"

Extending reach on Twitter and use Twitter's targeting abilities is how we are using the platform. Marketing department is exclusively using it. Help us get our messages out there beyond what it would be organically.
  • Retargeting
  • Targeting abilities by company and role type is helpful
  • Extends our Twitter reach across our multiple persona audiences
  • Character restrictions are still problematic with ad creation
  • Have experienced some billing problems in the past
  • Pricier than Facebook, can be comparable to what you'd spend with LinkedIn
If Twitter is where you get the most growth and/or engagement with your social followers, then it is worth an investment.
Read Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA's full review
March 17, 2017

Review: "Twitter Ads - more flexible than Facebook Ads"

One department, the Communications and Marketing team, oversees the content, activity, and scheduling of Twitter Ads. We are able to address the multitude of needs of all of our departments to add special promotion for their programs, upcoming events, and online fundraising initiatives in the crowded world of one's ever-growing Twitter feed.
  • Excellent interface to create & monitor campaigns and review analytics reports
  • Ability to utilize their scheduled tweet content feature
  • Easy to read billing and invoice history
  • Ability to add an image on a scheduled tweet that DOES NOT take away from the 140-character limit (this feature is available on the regular public-facing app and desktop Twitter)
  • Able to reach even further back across a larger time period for analytics reports
  • Add for of the traditional mobile app features for Twitter to Twitter Ads
Twitter Ads for Business is excellent for crafting pieces of promoted content for your organization where you are looking in return for very specific metrics in terms of number of impressions, filtered demographics, or engagement (link clicks, detail expands, media engagements, likes, retweets, hashtag clicks, clicks on your profile, replies, follows).
Kinya Harte profile photo
May 06, 2016

Review: "Targeting Users with a Vested Interest in Your Product Through Twitter Ads"

The Foundation currently uses Twitter for Nonprofits in three ways: 1) promote the Foundation's Twitter account to increase followers; 2) promoted tweets that highlight Foundation events and services, and raise awareness of the Foundation and lymphoma; and 3) to promote specific awareness and fundraising campaigns. Although every seven minutes someone in the United States id diagnosed with lymphoma, the most common blood cancer, many have never heard of this disease. Using Twitter Ads helps the Foundation to raise public awareness of lymphoma and Foundation outside of larger campaign initiatives.
  • Twitter Ads allows you to target by keyword or other user accounts. This ensures that your ads are being seen by Twitter users with a vested interest in your topic, issue or product. Furthermore, you are able to target by location, age and gender.
  • As a Twitter for Nonprofits client, we have access to our own account manager who is available to answer any questions we may have, and provide assistance and suggestions on current running ads or future campaigns.
  • The Twitter Ads analytics feature is very helpful when determining ROI. The ability to frequently check an ads performance helps us to determine if any tweaks are needed to further drive business goals and/or save money.
  • Although I really like Twitter's Lead Generation card for Ads, it is costly and can only be seen through Twitter's desktop or mobile platform--meaning users using a 3rd party platform or app like TweetDeck or Hootsuite will not see it.
Read Kinya Harte's full review