Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Verint Community (Telligent), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Verint® Community™, formerly known as Telligent, is an online community and self-service solution available in the cloud or on-premises designed to help elevate customer, partner, and employee engagement, build trust, improve customer service, and enhance digital marketing and social commerce.
Verint Community can be used to reduce demand for support, elevate the voice of the customer, and enhance team productivity.
The vendor states that customers have seen, for example, >40% average decrease in support cases within the first 6 months of adoption, and 33% YoY decrease in support costs.
Verint Community can be deployed as a standalone solution, integrated with, or embedded into other enterprise systems.
- Supported: Discussion and Q&A Forums w/Verified Answers
- Supported: Blogs
- Supported: Wikis
- Supported: Knowledge base
- Supported: File/Resource Gallery
- Supported: Polls
- Supported: Public, Private, and Semi Public or Private Groups/Micro-communites
- Supported: Gamification
- Supported: Member Presence Indication / Expert Finder
- Supported: Private Messaging
- Supported: Reputation Scoring Model
- Supported: Content and People Recommendation Engine
- Supported: Engagement Reporting (w/ Data Visualization)
- Supported: Flexible UI configurable at site and group level
- Supported: Case Integration w/Salesforce CRM, MS Dynamics, and ServiceNow
- Supported: Automation Studio : Built-in Developer Tools
- Supported: Widget Studio : Built-in Developer Tools
- Supported: Theme Studio : Built-in Developer Tools
- Supported: Articles
- Supported: Ideation
- Supported: Marketplace
- Supported: Mobile
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Others available upon request|
- User access is robust.
- The platform is extremely configurable.
- Integrations are easy.
- Analytics could be improved.
- Emails are not configurable.
- Role assignment
- Automated moderation/integration with Akismet
- Moderation interface
- Out of box customization
- Better admin interface
Works great with Q&A and discussions but, when moderating one response, it actually breaks the navigation and you have to go back to the main page in order to resume navigation. The old versions had a notification telling customers that the page was under review when there was a moderation action. Now it shows the only page as a 404 error "you ran into a bump on the internet", in my opinion, it's not good.
- It is a highly configurable system
- Rolling out changes is super easy and quick
- Has a lot of feature depth (including integrating with other systems)
- Make it easier to customize widget UI - without requiring extensive coding experience
- Provide templates for Community homepages that are simple and have great UX
- Make it easy to change the theme
- Verint Community supports applications like forums, blogs, and ideas that are robust and easy to use. It is one of the key requirements for any community
- The community platform has various features to engage with users and users engaging with each other, like a social network
- Support for multiple languages, especially users who are not logged in. Currently, it's always in English, and only if the browser language is changed, then the language can be different, which is not optimal.
- User interface is very poor. We need to create multiple new UI to fix these issues.
- Live chat functionality is very dated and not usable.
- Open API allows for integrations and custom development work so that you can enhance the out-of-the-box features
- Flexible back-end system administration and design elements that allow you to create the user experience that makes sense for your community and use cases
- Strong discussion forum functionality with multi-level threading
- Ability to create an online community that has public-facing groups and content as well as member-only, private, and secret groups.
- Search is strong
- While still not ideal, the reports/analytics are stronger than some other community platforms
- The user experience out-of-the-box could be improved, especially the new member onboarding and welcoming experience. For example, it isn't easy for users to figure out how to subscribe to the various applications that are turned on for a group (blog, calendar/events, wikis, ideas); by default group members are only subscribed to discussion forums. We wish that system admins could define default notification, subscription, and email digest settings for users.
- The design of some of the widgets could be improved and made consistent across application types.
- You can do anything you want with the Verint Community platform if you have a developer or a development team -- if you don't, it can be costly to enhance the out-of-the-box features to get the experience you are trying to build for your members.
- The Automation Rules that have been enhanced recently hold a lot of promise, but need to be made easier for a non-programmer. Some standard automation rules need to be created in order to support driving desired member behaviors.
- The system does not allow for file collaboration and isn't integrated out-of-the-box with file storage platforms like Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, etc. -- having version control on uploaded files would be a welcome enhancement. This would allow us to build collaboration groups where people from various organizations could more easily collaborate together on files.
- Intuitive interface that has been well received by a wide range of employees.
- Ridiculously impressive moderation tools that have allowed a small community team to scale.
- Strong analytics that allow community staff and stakeholders to make intelligent decisions backed by data.
- Very strong search. Not quite Google good, but one of the best in platform searches encountered.
- Out of the box interface is excellent and requires little customization to get going.
- Permissions can be a bit time consuming since they must be set group by group instead of at an admin level.
- Needs more options for integration that don't require significant technical expertise.
From the admin side, it's pretty usable too! We haven't had too many head scratcher moments.
- Custom design.
- Flexible admin management.
- Reporting and member analytics.
- Improved notification systems to members.
- Search and filtering.
- Permissions and roles are complicated.
The business problem we are using Verint to address is the need to increase the speed and penetration of peer-led good practices and lessons learned to help our companies accelerate growth and avoid missteps. We have a very active community that includes private and public groups, a member directory, unique content, an expert center and a library of assets.
- Flexibility - if you can dream it, Verint can enable it!
- Search is powerful.
- Customer Support is very strong.
- Analytics - while the big general questions can get answered, the details of utilization remain a mystery. More robust, refined and accurate analytics would be really beneficial.
- Slack integration would be ideal.
- Content display is not easily configurable. A better ability to design attractive content, do pull quotes etc. would truly enhance the platform.
- A wealth of OOTB functionality, keeping customization light if preferred.
- Insightful analytics built into the platform.
- Automation rules that can be written to update permissions and send emails. (Lots of capability to tap into here.)
- You can control permissions down to the content level.
- Accessing user view widgets for personalization.
- Blogs can be saved in draft state for editing and can be set to publish at a future date. I schedule out 3-4 weeks of content at a time!
- Because of the detailed permission structure it can take some time to assign permissions to new groups. I believe Telligent is working on permission inheritance for a future release.
- Cannot edit tags without editing content.
- Would like to be able to report on content by keyword. Results such as how many pieces of content contain a specific keyword, when they were created and by whom. Tag cloud is available but would like a report to share with our business units.
Telligent is comprised of various applications that may be added to any group. Applications such as: forums, wiki, blogs, ideas, calendar and galleries. This allows for a wide range of content. The applications used by Telligent allow for a sub forum or sub group model, making it ideal for a variety of community use cases.
- Search. Search.Search
- Permissions based on credentials
- Current social media styling
- The ability to customize a layout and save it for future use