- Timesheet and allocation of time to clients and non-client activity
- CRM - Lead development
- Invoicing and …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Timesheet Tracking (24)
Task Management (25)
Integration with accounting software (27)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of WorkflowMax, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Approximately 25 different software systems integrate with WorkflowMax, enabling the functionality to be expanded – integrations include Google Drive, Salesforce, Xero, MYOB, Zendesk, Freshdesk, and Dropbox. A free 14-day trial is available, and packages are available for between 1-200 employees.
- Supported: End-to-end, Fully Integrated Job/Project/Workflow Management Software
- Supported: Lead Manager (CRM)
- Supported: Quoting/Estimating
- Supported: Integrated Project Management
- Supported: Job Costing
- Supported: Time Tracking
- Supported: Staff Scheduling
- Supported: Client & Contractor Login
- Supported: Purchase Order
- Supported: Invoicing & Billing
- Supported: Powerful Custom Reporting
- Supported: Integration with Xero Accounting Software
- Supported: Integration with over 25 other leading products
- Supported: Custom Fields
- Supported: Cloud-based - Access Anywhere, Anytime
Visit http://www.workflowmax.com to watch WorkflowMax video.
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||95%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||5%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||0%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry|
|Supported Countries||United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, South Africa|
- 14 days free trial we acquired was a great thing for us since we were able to test it before purchase.
- Manage documents: Makes it easy to manage and share documents with other users.
- Track time on projects.
- Mobility support.
- Visualize data to gain insights.
- Setting multiple billing rates for a single employee always lead to an error.
- Template customization should be added.
- You can customize the notifications and this has helped us enormously to schedule dates that we overlooked. Also the templates are customizable which gives the company its own branding on its reports.
- It is integrated with the Xero platform which makes it very useful to streamline the processes of billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash flow and all the accounting and administrative area.
- It also has a very complete mobile version, where we can be present and monitor the progress of projects in real time, no matter where we are.
- It can be a little overwhelming all the functions and tools that the program has so it becomes a little difficult to use at first. For those who have knowledge of workflow software, it is a little easier to learn.
- The expenses section is very ambiguous, it does not have specific fields to be able to detail the outputs and outputs that have been had in the time of the project.
- Having all the information on a single screen can also be overwhelming. It would be great if they would design this part of the program better.
- Employee time tracking
- Workflow templates and tasks for varying scenarios.
- Communication and status updates to stakeholders with audit trail.
- Different Job states for different templates.
- Maybe allowing a note option to change a job state.
- Project and task setup is convenient. I appreciate the ability to customize tasks.
- The different reports that are available are very useful. They quickly summarize the information we need to know.
- The ability to export time entries, both into PDF and Excel, is helpful when I want to run an analysis not conveniently summarized in one of our reports.
- I would like to see a connection between the "budget" and the "quote" for a project. These are always equal, so it would be more convenient if they were linked.
- I would like to be able to sort invoices on the Financials tab by the different fields. Currently, they are always chronological. It would be nice if I could sort by status and amount due.
- I would like to be able to "freeze" the column headers in the weekly time entry view so that they remain visible when I scroll down many tasks.
- I would like to be able to set different billing rates for the same staff members that could be auto-selected based on the project type.
- Time recording is very user-friendly, this is really important for busy lawyers.
- I'd like to see functionality for system-generated client numbering, configurable to how the client wants it. For example, we have a 3 digit client number, followed by a 2 digit matter number, e.g. 123-45. This configuration was generated by our prior system (which was a specific LPM system). Since moving to WorkflowMax we've had to use an excel spreadsheet to generate a new client or matter number which is far from ideal.
- Bring back customised branding! Under the old UI we had our logo and corporate colours. Realise WorkflowMax are trying to differentiate from Xero, but the green is pretty awful.
- Would also be great if the template customising was more user-friendly.
- I'd also like to see figures show GST exclusive by default. For example when I go into a job, click on the financial tab, I'd like to see the invoices already charged against that job as GST exclusive. I feel there is too much of a mix between GST exclusive and inclusive across the system and it should be one or the other by default.
- Invoice integration with Xero
- Easy to keep track of complex jobs over time
- Makes sure you don't lose track of billing
- Setting up job templates can be confusing
- Templates for invoicing and purchase orders are tied to Microsoft Office which seems so unnecessary in an open age.
- Allows for fairly simple or elaborate project forecasting depending on the complexity of the job. This allows us to track time by a single project or multiple phases.
- Time keeping and coordination with invoicing software has increased our firm's ability to issue timely and accurate invoices to clients. Has ability to break down projects in numerous ways to meet the needs of our various clients. This means we can invoice by project, phase, milestone, or dollar increments.
- Interface is clean and easy to follow. The easier it is to use the fewer mistakes that are made when entering information. This is greatly appreciated.
- Currently the timesheet function allows staff to input time for overlapping periods which can cause some headaches when it comes to payroll and invoicing. We understand this is being addressed.
- The amount of flexibility in the product can create some challenges when setting up the jobs database at the onset. It is a daunting challenge but worthwhile when completed correctly and rolled out across the firm. Adding new jobs is much easier.
- No search function to find a specific job, you have to scroll through all jobs allocated to you.
- Simple to use and set-up
- Cost effective
- Not enough experience of the product yet to really comment
- WorkflowMax is a powerful application (or set of modules) which streamlines several processes into one.
- From job data to invoicing to payroll we have the ultimate control.
- Links seamlessly with Xero for our accounting.
- I would like somewhere (client folders) I can keep my quotes so I can quickly access them for data from invoiced jobs. I don't want just one giant list.
- It is very simple to use. The engineers don't have time for big training sessions and they have picked up on how to use it very easily.
- It is easy to correct mistakes. Sometimes the engineers don't get things set up right on jobs and I have to rectify the issues and it is so simple to do with just adding additional templates to jobs.
- The report builder is marvelous. I am able to create all sorts of reports for all sorts of situations and creating mailing lists etc., is so easy.
- I think invoicing multiple clients at one time of the month, like we do at the end of the month, can take a little time as I have to go into each individual client and create an invoice. It would be great to have the functionality to create invoices for multiple clients that had time on their jobs for that month.
- Easy to use
- Online therefore available from anywhere you have a access to the interet
- Easy to use
- Mobility - would be good to have a phone application for Workflow Max (like their free Xero product)
- CRM could be enhanced
- Reporting could be made simpler
- Seamless integration in terms of raising sales invoices to my clients based on hours x hourly rate
- Ability to log tasks by individual job, which can derive a draft invoice.
- Customer service
- User ability for WorkFlowMax users
- One source of truth around our clients, contractors, available resources and current jobs
- Quoting and invoicing
- Time tracking
- The ability to customise the names of the different areas. For example we would like to change the Lead tab to Resource Pool
- Colour and bold into notes and Add notes in two places
- Timesheet should not allow me to enter zero hours without a pop-up confirmation
- Flexible reporting tools
- Job management is easy, straight forward to find invoices, purchases and other aspects associated with a particular job
- Well priced
- Mobile/iphone/tablet usage could be improved
- It is simple to produce quotations
- The quotes generate the jobs and the ongoing process
- We can easily track the and monitor our projects
- It provides good feedback
- I would like it to be more shop floor friendly
- Great for managing teams which are not in one spot. Awesome for small or growing businesses with employees who might work from home.
- Really good for teams to keep up with where a project is at against the time left to achieve the goal
- Great for keeping all the information for each project in one spot.
- When looking at the job distribution it isn't to scale and it isn't printable.
- Sometimes it is confusing as to where you might find something until you realise there are multiple points of access.
- When a job is assigned the whole task is assigned and if you work on it before the task is allocated to you, it isn't possible to enter those hours. It would be better if the employee could choose the task they did and enter the hours and then it sent back to an approver to have it added.
- Reporting - enables users to see at a glance exactly what is outstanding, what jobs are open, and what action is required on each particular project
- Invoicing - once the template has been set up invoicing is extremely easy to do
- Timesheets - individual users can input their own timesheets and this information carries over automatically into invoices. Makes my job so much easier!
- When I open WorkflowMax I always go straight away to the Jobs / Jobs section. It would be useful if I could set this up as a "default"
- When initially setting up WorkflowMax I imported all my contacts from Xero - only to realise that I didn't really need them all. I can only delete one client/supplier at a time and it would be so much easier if I could nominate a group deletion
- Report Builder - when creating new reports you can only use fields that are relevant to the report you're trying to create, ie a Job report only has job fields. It would be useful if the fields could be expanded to include all areas (ie jobs, invoices, quotes, etc) so that a totally customised report can be built
- Ease of understanding and learning the programme for all staff levels with good learning support.
- Very good data and graphic presentation to get a quick or detailed picture of the business
- Relative ease of data entry
- Awkward process for setting New Jobs up, jumping around a lot. Then re-entering data. Then not being able to enter your own hours because you didn't tick yourself on the task line.
- Maybe Admin can enter a new job with a link from the dashboard. Then New Job could have a 'wizard' (sorry) or a prompt sequence, to ask if you have done certain things or are planning to enter hours...
- I am unsure of how to reconcile Fixed price against Hours worked, i'm sure it can be done. Haven't figured it out yet.
- Not necessarliy straightforward...
- Jobs can be allocated to each member of staff - with a due date - which keeps us on track with deadlines
- Data flows from Xero into WorkflowMax and in turn links to the IRD for ease of filing returns on line
- Documents can be attached to clients files - or notes added- now easy to access so everyone has an up to date picture of what is going on
- It used to have a time clock facility to keep an accurate account of time spent on a job - don't know what happened to this - but it was very handy
- Clear and easy to use which helps - so very little resistance from staff to utilise the functions
- Saves a huge amount of time from a functional management perspective
- Allows you to get a quick overview of where your business is at and where the workflow crunches are occurring
- Would like less steps between the raising of invoices and email functionality
- Would like the ability to issue credit notes as well as invoices
- Would like the ability to fully edit an invoice after it has been issued ( prior to exporting)
- Time sheets
- Accounting package integration
- Quoting and estimates
- Being able to customise the documentation side of WorkflowMax to suit our method of filing - i.e. /JobNumber-ClientName/ not ClientName/JobNumber/
- WorkflowMax is great at collating time sheets across teams, clients and projects. Managing hours spent on discrete project by various staff members is critical to our business. Since using WorkflowMax blowouts are a thing of the past.
- WorkflowMax integrates directly with Xero. Invoices created in WorkflowMax are added into Xero's accounts receivables like magic.
- WorkflowMax allows for the easy creation of custom templates that fit in with our organisation's standard documents.
- Would be great if the client login provided real-time updates on hours against active jobs
- Allow for text in invoices to be updated after they are approved without having to cancel an invoice, once it's approved you cannot fix typos
- Refinement of the staff members billing rate system such that staff members can be billed out at varying billing rates
- Staff timesheets. WorkflowMax enables easy time entering for staff, and allows us to progress invoice up to date. It can work in with payroll systems and accounting software for ease of entering - saving alot of time and double entering.
- Gives a clear view of the current and upcoming jobs / tasks
- Able to track and follow a job, comparing the estimates to the actual amount billed for a job. You can see where things may have gone overtime, or undertime etc
- Would be nice to have the ability to edit an invoice, it seems at the moment the only way of changing an invoice is to delete it our of the system and start again.
- Makes it easier to quote a job as information is set and types of work can be changed. Great as everyone knows our charge out rates and can quote quickly
- Very easy to find client contact details. Having all the clients details is good as you only need to know part of the company or their name and you can find them
- Very easy to review a job to see what needs to be done. Workflows are fantastic!
- I would like it so that values can be taken out and sent to a word document. May be able to do this, but have not been able to find it.