Xactly SimplyComp Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE Badge

Ian Larkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

SimplyComp Keeps Me Sane

We use SimplyComp to calculate all of our sales related commission payments. We run/administer it from within finance for our entire sales department.
  • Eliminate manual commission calculations.
  • Enable our sales team to actively monitor their commission payments throughout the month.
  • Easily add users to existing comp plans even when quotas differ.
  • A sales manager feature would be a great whereby teams can be created and managers/directors can have their aggregate team quotas assigned with associated payouts
  • Automatically sync with designated Salesforce reports.
  • An easy way to split commissions would useful.
If you don't have a huge finance department it is a big time saver. If you must have things automatically updated in real-time or near real-time, or you have very complex commission plans, it likely will not be appropriate.
Read Ian Larkin's full review
Ron Toth | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Shows the raw numbers, could show a lot more.

For those on our team who gets commission, Xactly is extremely helpful. It allows us to see what will be paid to us and where we stand after sales are made. As a salesperson this is our primary motivation.
  • It shows us what our quota is & what the percent attained was.
  • It gives a breakdown of past months and total commission attained.
  • The commissions aren't updated daily. Our team has to input the data in Xactly and we get the updated amount every week. Would love to get a quicker update when a sale is made.
  • Not able to see what tier I'm at or how much more I need to sell in order to hit the next tier. There is a section that shows the commissions percentages but not how much we need to sell to hit it. It would be helpful to know those specific numbers.
  • I'd love to be able to see what my overall numbers have been to quota. I'm not able to see that now in Xactly. It only shows what attainment has been per month.
It's good as it shows the total numbers I have received in commissions, but I'd like to see more numbers. I want to know how much I've sold, what I'm being paid and how much more I need to sell in order to hit the next tier. I can't do that now.
Read Ron Toth's full review
Thomas Katsahnias | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2019

SimplyComp is simple and will make calculations simple

We are implementing SimplyComp to automate the calculation of our B2B sales v-comp plans. The intent is to move from having this done manually through excel spreadsheets which is extremely error-prone to an automated system that also gives transparency to the sales organization as to what they are due on a monthly basis.
  • SimplyComp has a plethora of pre-built v-comp types that come with explanations of use cases. If your v-comp plans fit within these standards it is fairly straight forward to get the plans built.
  • Connects directly to Salesforce.com reports within your salesforce org. This makes mapping much easier vs trying to have to understand your database schema then map the fields. A finance person, sales operations, or even a sales manager could do the configurations with the provided implementation specialist.
  • I love the fact that this product has the simplicity that we need vs having to go to a more heavyweight solution. While many organizations have very complex v-comp plans we don't on purpose and would rather not have to get a more complex solution.
  • Mapping of data can be quirky in the format that is needed. Ask questions of your implementation specialist they will help you right away. We had Holly who has been fantastic.
  • The steps for set up are not completely intuitive, I would suggest doing something like WalkMe to overlay what needs to happen and when for new people or even when things change and you don't remember the steps.
Well suited to organizations that need v-comp automation for standard less-complex sales comp plans where the data is easily obtained via the CRM (in our case SFDC). Less suited for organizations that need really complex v-comp automation because the plans have all kinds of complexity. Or where the data needs to be uploaded manually. It can work in these situations but I would consider looking at business processes and your plans if they are overly complex or you are not using a CRM before buying compensation automation software.
Read Thomas Katsahnias's full review
Snez Sjekloca | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2019

BinaryTree.com Employee's Review of Xactly SimplyComp

Xactly SimplyComp is being used by our commissionable employees within our sales organization. SimplyComp allows our employees to have full transparency to their individual selling performance i.e., earnings and payments. SimplyComp has provided us with a tool that eliminates manual calculation and saves time for our staff.
  • The tool is super simple and easy to use. Users are able to access all needed information from the dashboard with little or no support.
  • Xactly SimplyComp works with unique circumstances as is the case with our example. Typical source data is gathered from Salesforce and in our case we use NetSuite and our implementation specialist was able to customize and cater to our needs to make the information flow seamlessly.
  • One area that would benefit our use is a manager level access view outside of the administrator view.
  • Other ERP integrators would be great in our case NetSuite.
  • The ability to upload actual documents into each user's record.
Xaclty is well suited for organizations who have commissionable employees as it allows for easy tracking and calculation.
Read Snez Sjekloca's full review
Matthew James | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2019

SimplyComp saves time and money for commission calculation

SimplyComp is used as the commission software for our Sales Team throughout our entire organization. It addressed the issue we had with having to manually calculate commission in spreadsheets. We have a pretty complex commission structure and were able to get everything into SimplyComp to greatly decrease the number of hours we spent per month on commission calculation.
  • It allows us to get all of our percentage-based calculations into one easy to read format.
  • The employees can easily see how they are getting paid each payroll period.
  • The pivot list tables are very easy to reproduce once you have the system implemented.
  • I wish there was a phone line for customer support instead of a chat window.
  • I wish our salespeople could see the clients that DIDN'T pay for the payroll cycle.
  • Search function/finding duplicates is a little hard.
It is great for percentage-based commission calculations if you can extract reports from QBO easily.
Read Matthew James's full review
Kelly Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2019

Xactly SimplyComp Review

We purchased Xactly SimplyComp to replace a huge Excel workbook that was used to track and calculate our sales commissions. It used to take me 2 weeks to calculate commissions with this Excel sheet and all the details and look-ups etc. Xactly is being used to save us time, be more efficient and accurate.
  • Better tracking of commissions
  • Links to our SalesForce for better data
  • Easy for staff to get in and look at their results
  • Customer service: The agreement states a certain number of hours yes, but either the setup instructions need to be more clear or this needs to change. When we started we explained our plans were difficult.
  • A written user guide would have helped us so we could understand the tables and how it flowed.
I'm saying 5 because my project accountant ended up doing most of our set up. Xactly SimplyComp started it but we ran out of support hours very early on and company did not want to pay for more hours so some type of manual/guide would have helped. My project accountant worked his way through and figured it out.
Read Kelly Smith's full review
Wade Ang | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 30, 2019

Life is good with SimplyComp!

It is being used by Sales and Account Management team. Finance no longer needs to calculate commissions and issue a commission statement using Excel.
  • Calculate a commission payment based on comp plan
  • Customizable for a complex comp plan
  • Dashboard for the user to know where things are
  • Need to have an approval flow built in as part of the software
It is well suited for small to medium sized business. It is also suited for a company looking to do a fast implementation on comp software.
Read Wade Ang's full review
October 30, 2019

Far from simple, but has the features to solve your commission challenges

Xactly SimplyComp is being used to calculate commissions at our company. We previously used Google Sheets, one for each AE, and we have since moved to using SimplyComp and their direct integration with Salesforce. We use it across our Global Account Executive organization. We use it for our Sales Engineer, Sales Directors, and Sales VPs as well. We're beginning to set up SimplyComp to calculate commissions for our CSMs and SDRs. SimplyComp is solving the problem of quickly calculating commissions and tracking payouts over certain periods of time.
  • Following configuration, commissions are calculated very quickly.
  • SimplyComp is very flexible and supports a wide variety of use cases.
  • The implementation team was professional and very knowledgable.
  • The platform is incredibly complex for non-basic commissions plans and setting things up is painful and time consuming.
  • Importing functionality is improving, but still subpar, requiring a lot of manual entry for customer plans.
  • The time lag to actually calculate commission (after a user clicks the "calculate" button) is long, leaving one sitting and waiting for the software to do its thing.
  • For our non-US team members, we wanted insight into USD and local currency commission. SimplyComp doesn't support this.
SimplyComp gets the job done. However, it's more of a necessary evil than pleasant software to work with. My organization has probably invested over 100 hours to set SimplyComp up to support an organization of 50 AEs, 2 VPs, and 8 Directors. I'll acknowledge that we brought some complexity to the table with our comp plans. However, the SimplyComp software didn't make it easy to execute.
October 30, 2019

Great System for constantly changing comp plans

We are using Xactly SimplyComp to improve our commissions reporting for our sales team. It has greatly improved the efficiency of sending out commissions statements to our sales team and provided increased visibility into quota attainment for our sales reps. Previously, the commissions were sent out via individual emails with a unique excel spreadsheet and pdf file provided to each user. Since adding Xactly, we now upload one data file each month and the system does all of the calculations for us. Users are able to access their commissions statements and easily download how their commissions are calculated. Our sales team has been very pleased with Xactly so far and our finance team saves approximately half a business day each month now that we don't have to send out individual statements. We have set an aggressive hiring target for our sales team and Xactly is enabling us to scale as the team grows.
  • Reporting of financial statements is simple and easy to navigate.
  • Plans can be customized to meet multiple different types of bonus/commission schedules.
  • Salesforce integration further improves the automation of commission reporting.
  • Administrators have the ability to add/remove plans as needed limiting the need to work with a support person everytime a change is made to the commission plan. This has been particularly useful in our company as we are still trying to develop the appropriate commission plan structure so we are frequently making changes to the existing platform. Our administrator has had no issues making changes as needed and can typically get them done quickly.
  • Creating the plans can be somewhat challenging when you first start. There are some nuances to the system that require a user to remember to add a payment plan to the data set. This can be initially confusing but once it was explained, we have had no issues developing new plans.
  • Certain bonus plans can be difficult to design in Xactly and the system can't do everything imaginable but for most plans, you should be able to design something that fits your needs.
If you have a reasonably simple commission plan and a large number of users, Xactly SimplyComp is a very useful system. Our current sales reps are paid based on monthly sales and Xactly easily simplifies this process. We are also using it to pay managers and directors and we have been able to create lookup tables that make it easy for us to adjust our plans.

Additionally, if you have plans that pay based on monthly or quarterly attainment, Xactly SimplyComp easily accommodates these types of plans.
November 01, 2019

Disappointing program

The system was bought by a past employee to use for commission purposes. We only have 1 person on commission monthly and 1 person on commission quarterly. At the time it was purchased by an employee, there were 2 other employees going on commission, but they resigned at the end of March, including the person who recommended the purchase. I called immediately to tell them we only had 2 employees on commission, but they would not make any changes. We paid for 4, plus 10 hours of training. I began the training and found the report extremely complicated and the report was so convoluted with the info they needed, but not necessary for me. The columns could not even fit on one screen. In addition, the second person's report is under the first person, but the columns are not the same. I was told others to complain about the same thing. I continued to use my method of paying commission and find their program a waste of time. I could not even print it out for the employee to see his commission. In addition, I could not use the full 10 hours training and now they are pressuring me to use the remaining training, but there is nothing I need training for. Being that I had so few people on commission, they should not have put in automatically for 10 hours of training. To be honest, this has all been a nightmare for me! The trainer was nice, but the program is terrible. I have never written a bad review for any company, but I had to write this one.
  • It works with Salesforce
  • Difficult to read the report. Too many columns that you can't see on one screen that are needed by the company and not the user.
  • Too much info that the person using it doesn't need. Their final step should be to convert their info to a user-friendly format.
  • Report columns below do not match reports on top, so it is difficult to isolate columns you actually need.
I would not recommend it at all in the formats they are presently using.
October 30, 2019

For simple plans it is wonderful, expect longer onboarding for anything else

SimplyComp is being used to run commissions for our sales organization. This program was put in place to fix the manual processes of Excel spreadsheets we had historically. Xactly SimplyComp is also used to display more visibility to our sales reps, who previously had little information to go on for reconciling their payout.
  • SimplyComp does a great job of displaying information to users (through their Salesforce tool).
  • The program has the ability to handle simple to slightly complex calcs for commission plans.
  • The software enables you to upload any data source we needed (SFDC, excel, manual typing).
  • SimplyComp onboarding took longer than expected. Our onboarding rep was great, but the tool was consistently glitchy.
  • Process Documentation could definitely use improving. We were unsure what we were able to do and not do in the system as we built it out ourselves.
  • Complex calculations (such as multiple different rates across plan years for a single rep) are very hard for the system to handle.
I would recommend SimplyComp for simple plans. A company that had little to no variations would find this program incredibly useful and reduce manual work. More complex plans should understand going in that the onboarding will be long, but could still find usefulness once it is up and running. This is also great if a company wants to use SFDC as its primary system.
June 14, 2019

Xactly SimplyComp is the way to go!

The whole Sales team uses it to view their comp data. It allows for quick access to their statements and all the details around the deals they were paid in for the prior period.
  • Easy setup.
  • Ease of use.
  • Quick implementation.
  • Workflows.
  • Manager dashboards.
The SMB Market is great but enterprise would be cumbersome.

Sales compensation plan creation (9)
Complex sales crediting (8)
Sales compensation process automation (9)
Incentive auditing/regulation compliance (6)
Sales compensation dashboards & forecasting (10)
Incentive modeling (6)
Agile incentive strategy (7)
ICM mobile visibility (4)
6.2

About Xactly SimplyComp

Xactly SimplyComp is a sales incentive compensation planning application to support sales teams with accurate commission, and team performance tracking.

Xactly SimplyComp Technical Details