Mostly UselessUsed to bolster sourcing efforts for a number of positions across a number of industries. ZipRecruiter was used as a supplement to additional recruiting tools, including Indeed, LinkedIn, and Career Builder. We did not use all the features of ZipRecruiter (though I have used all features with previous positions), and primarily utilized the resume database to source for passive candidates.,Finding new candidates. When sourcing extensively with only one or two platforms, the candidate pool can run dry from time to time. ZipRecruiter typically had some new candidates to bring into the mix. Easy candidate ratings. Trying to use a numerical scale can be clumsy. I appreciate the three thumbs rating option provided by ZipRecruiter. Allows you to search by keywords. Most recruiting platforms provide this feature in their resume database, but it still warrants mention here.,I would love the ability to sort by not only current location, but locations a candidate is willing to relocate to. More filters. Comparing the filters available on LinkedIn Recruiter to what ZipRecruiter has to offer really highlights just how much more could be done. Fewer "junk" resumes. ZipRecruiter seems to be rife with candidates in their database that either has no actual resume on file or a two-word resume. There needs to be some way to filter out resumes that are clearly lacking any useful information.,5,Has significantly increased the candidate pool for the lower, entry-level positions we fill, but very few of the candidates have been worthwhile After a straight month of use, 0 new hires were sourced from ZipRecruiter, as opposed to 1 each from Indeed and LinkedIn. ZipRecruiter has not helped me to identify any previously unseen candidates for higher level roles in the IT or Engineering space.,LinkedIn Talent,SmartSearch, LinkedIn Talent,7Know what you're in for!We have used ZipRecruiter to advertise job listings, in order to increase incoming candidates. We have sole use of ZipRecruiter in the HR department, and share info on candidate applications with relevant team members when applicable, in Workable. When we decide we need to boost the reach of a job listing, we turn to a number of different solutions, ZipRecruiter being one of them.,ZipRecruiter is a well-known, recognized, trusted brand. That is not something to be underestimated. ZipRecruiter has significant reach, so if you're looking for your job listing to be found, ZipRecruiter is a good place to go.,ZipRecruiter appears to have no quality control. I find myself inundated with completely unqualified applications, which is part of the job, but it seems that ZipRecruiter appears to supply more unqualified/irrelevant candidates than many other competitive solutions. ZipRecruiter is not the most user-friendly experience I've had. I can get done what I need to, but some click-reducing changes and simpler UI would be really helpful.,6,I'd say ZipRecruiter has been an "okay" option for us, and we will likely use them again when we need to, but I think the ROI is minimal. You're more likely to find better applicants by putting in a bit more work in less "trawled" or "crowded" spaces if you really need quality. When we've wanted to interview candidates to understand the talent out there and to refine what we're looking for by talking to people, ZipRecruiter has been great to get volume and have people come through the door for interviews.,indeed, indeed prime, monster, linkedin, glassdoor, salesheads, salesgenomix, career builder, mashable and jobHappy with ZipRecruiterWe are a recruiting and coaching company, so we use ZipRecruiter daily for various jobs and industries. My recruiter pulls off resumes daily and reviews them for the Marketing, IT, Accounting/Finance, Operations and Sales roles that we have posted. I would say that 95% of our postings have got 5+ qualified candidates.,Sources Quality Candidates User-friendly (super easy to post, and remove jobs) Customer Service - every time I have had a question it is quickly answered,Adding the option for qualifying questions would be a great feature.,10,Quality Candidates High number of candidates Reaches candidates quickly,,HubSpot CRM, QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office 365not a great fit for a small companyI used ZipRecruiter to get a pharmacy technician. I had maybe 20 responses, and I did hire one tech through this site. the site was very cumbersome to use. I was told I had a specific date to cancel before I had any more charges. I did not need an ongoing service, I was looking to hire one technician. the service charged my account 18 days prior to that date. so I would recommend that if you do use them, and only want to use it for a quick hire, then cancel the service the day after you first use it. I doubt I would ever use it again because of the cost, cumbersome interface and what I got out of it. other sites are more cost-effective.,the ability to search for applicants based on certain qualifications.,the web site and interface is cumbersome, bulky and not user friendly to use.,3,negligible.,ZipRecruiter - A must use tool in recruitment marketingMy clients use ZipRecruiter to promote their hard to fill positions - specifically in healthcare. All of my clients utilize ZipRecruiter in effort to help fill critical positions. Most of my clients have between 100-300 open positions at any given time, and ZipRecruiter plays a vital role in helping to drive applicants to these open jobs.,Drives applications Drives QUALITY hires Offers a lost cost per applicant ratio Provides great customer services throughout the process,Providing a more visual aspect of the process Showing results based on the specific site the job was promoted A more detailed list of sites under their umbrella,10,Great ROI Can track ROI on specific positions Can start and stop campaigns at any time,,Appcast,1,1,Alerting passive job seekers about open positions Allowing active job seekers to find positions on various job boards Fill open positions Drive quality applicants,Targeting out of market Promoting events Using both alerts and postings together,Sponsoring more positions Expanding geo areas for job alerts Adding job alerts for those clients only using postings,10,Getting jobs sponsored Getting updates on results Making changes to campaigns,Getting automated job level results Tracking budgets mid campaign,Yes, but I don't use it,10
ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter Reviews

ZipRecruiter
Filter 36 vetted ZipRecruiter reviews and ratings
May 09, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "Mostly Useless"

• Finding new candidates. When sourcing extensively with only one or two platforms, the candidate pool can run dry from time to time. ZipRecruiter typically had some new candidates to bring into the mix.
  • Easy candidate ratings. Trying to use a numerical scale can be clumsy. I appreciate the three thumbs rating option provided by ZipRecruiter.
  • Allows you to search by keywords. Most recruiting platforms provide this feature in their resume database, but it still warrants mention here.
  • I would love the ability to sort by not only current location, but locations a candidate is willing to relocate to.
  • More filters. Comparing the filters available on LinkedIn Recruiter to what ZipRecruiter has to offer really highlights just how much more could be done.
  • Fewer "junk" resumes. ZipRecruiter seems to be rife with candidates in their database that either has no actual resume on file or a two-word resume. There needs to be some way to filter out resumes that are clearly lacking any useful information.
ZipRecruiter has in my experience always been much more practical for sourcing for lower-level, lower-paying roles. If you need to find general labor candidates, customer service personnel, etc., ZipRecruiter can really improve your resume count. However, if you are recruiting for technical or high-level positions, ZipRecruiter falls way short of competitors like LinkedIn Recruiter.
January 16, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "Know what you're in for!"

• ZipRecruiter is a well-known, recognized, trusted brand. That is not something to be underestimated.
  • ZipRecruiter has significant reach, so if you're looking for your job listing to be found, ZipRecruiter is a good place to go.
  • ZipRecruiter appears to have no quality control. I find myself inundated with completely unqualified applications, which is part of the job, but it seems that ZipRecruiter appears to supply more unqualified/irrelevant candidates than many other competitive solutions.
  • ZipRecruiter is not the most user-friendly experience I've had. I can get done what I need to, but some click-reducing changes and simpler UI would be really helpful.
ZipRecruiter is perfect to increase volume of applications and increase awareness of a role you wish to fill. It can definitely lead to finding an ideal candidate. However, it can also fill your workload with unnecessary and irrelevant applications from unqualified candidates. There are also lots of people who apply through "1 click applications" for multiple jobs which means they apply for a role without even looking at your ad, knowing what your company does, or if they accurately fit the requirements for the role.
Read Brad Price's full review
November 13, 2017

User Review: "Happy with ZipRecruiter"

• Sources Quality Candidates
  • User-friendly (super easy to post, and remove jobs)
  • Customer Service - every time I have had a question it is quickly answered
  • Adding the option for qualifying questions would be a great feature.
Again we are recruiters, so we are prepared to handle the inflow of hundreds of resumes per job. I know it can be tough for small employers to handle that many resumes, I think they just need to be prepared for how many they may receive. As I stated before if the option for qualifying questions was added, this would solve that problem.
Read Kerry Higley's full review
December 19, 2017

ZipRecruiter Review: "not a great fit for a small company"

• the ability to search for applicants based on certain qualifications.
  • the web site and interface is cumbersome, bulky and not user friendly to use.
Better for large businesses who are always searching for applicants. NOT a good choice for a small business only looking for one hire.
Read Alan Kennedy's full review
March 08, 2016

Review: "ZipRecruiter - A must use tool in recruitment marketing"

• Drives applications
  • Drives QUALITY hires
  • Offers a lost cost per applicant ratio
  • Provides great customer services throughout the process
  • Providing a more visual aspect of the process
  • Showing results based on the specific site the job was promoted
  • A more detailed list of sites under their umbrella
I would say that ZipRecruiter is suited for any scenario in which someone is looking to fill open positions. Whether it is 1 or 20, the budget can be set based upon the need and the staff at Zip will help you determine what that budget should be based up your specific needs.
Read Daniel Reynolds, MBA's full review
April 07, 2015

ZipRecruiter Review: "Great for creating a large resume pool, has some issues with filling roles too specific"

ZipRecruiter is one of our two primary job posting sites. It is used by the Talent Recruitment department to source candidates. It fairly successfully does this.
  • Volume of candidates
  • Usability and interface
  • Cost of service
  • Levels of customization
  • Improved resume searching
  • The resume viewing system is often buggy
  • Continual status updates
ZipRecruiter is excellent for your standard job board. It sources candidates from a wide area and can generally pull in the candidates from any field of interest. However, while it does general sourcing very well, it is not as optimal for finding specific types of candidates. A key question to ask when choosing ZipRecruiter is "how niche is the position I'm trying to fill?" If you're looking for something "out there" and specific, especially in the information technology field, ZipRecruiter may not be your best bet. Additionally, ZipRecruiter isn't as effective at sourcing C level executives.
Read Andrew Sterling's full review
September 18, 2014

ZipRecruiter Review: "Efficient and cost-effective tool for recruiters."

I frequently used ZipRecruiter at my previous position in the technology recruiting space. The layout was very aesthetically pleasant, basic and easy to use, yet effective and powerful. It addressed the problems of sourcing actively searching and talented technology professionals.
  • Reach: able to reach a huge market of job searchers by posting a position across multiple platforms.
  • Efficient: very organized and simple rating system to keep track of large pools of candidates.
  • Value: Great product for the price that is paid.
  • Resume formats were sometimes off
  • Email system from ZipRecruiter couldn't negotiate with signature from normal email systems.
ZipRecruiter is great for recruiting and HR personnel, not many others, though.
Read Bobby Phelps's full review
May 02, 2016

ZipRecruiter Review: "A breath of applicant freshness"

We are using ZipRecruiter mainly for Job postings and candidate management. We currently rely on this service and It is being used company wide. What ZipRecruiter brings to the table is a variety of different applicants to your inbox. Since jobs are being posted to multiple sites you will always receive fresh applicants.
  • ZipRecruiter has great exposure bringing in a ton of resumes.
  • You have the ability to surf through the applicant database with ease.
  • The user experience design is very user friendly
  • One of the things that may help improve ZipRecruiter is the ability to filter out applicants that are not a 100% match.
  • A questionnaire can be created to filter out applicants.
  • ZipRecruiter is used as an add on , maybe they can improve to become more of a full lifecycle recruiting applicant tracking system.
When you are tired and have beat up or turned over every rock for talent, ZipRecruiter may bring some refreshing candidates. I remember working on a Tech Support role and the commute made this position very difficult. After using traditional job boards I posted on ZipRecruiter and was amazed by the results I received.
September 26, 2014

User Review: "ZipRecruiter is easy!"

ZipRecruiter is currently being used for recruitment of sales positions for our organization. Only the Human Resources Department has access to the database but we send resumes that we like to the applicable sales managers. ZipRecruiter helps by posting to multiple sites therefore saving time, so we can concentrate our efforts on other things.
  • Being able to post on many websites at once
  • Receiving an email with a quick synopsis of each candidate
  • Easy Interface
  • I feel like we didn't really get as many applicants as we expected since the position is posted in so many places, but it could be that people aren't searching for what we are recruiting for.
I don't see where ZipRecruiter would be less appropriate. I would use it to recruit for all positions from entry to C-level. The pull with ZipRecruiter is being able to save time so you don't have to post to all the job boards and you receive all the applications in one place.

Job Requisition Management (6)
Company Website Posting (4)
6.0
Publish to Social Media (6)
Job Search Site Posting (5)
Customized Application Form (3)
5.1
Resume Management (6)
6.6
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (4)
6.3
Candidate Search (6)
6.3
Applicant Tracking (6)
Collaboration (5)
4.6
Task Creation and Delegation (2)
4.4
Email Templates (3)
5.9
User Permissions (4)
5.9
Notifications and Alerts (6)
Reporting (4)
6.2

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a cloud-based platform developed by Ziprecruiter, Inc in California, billed as a cheap alternative to larger ATS platforms or as an aid to be integrated into existing ATS. However it offers a set of features typical of ATS, though narrowed somewhat. Such features are posting to a broad range of job boards rapidly, a mobile format for mobile job seekers, the ability to create brief “real world” questionnaires for candidate screening, integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), a job page with company branding and logo, and (a more rarely found feature) the ability allow unlimited users access to the system without a concomitant price change. Ziprecruiter is targeted to meet the needs of smaller to midsize companies though pricing plans support implementation and use by the large institutions. There are five total levels: Starter, Team, Company, Big Hiring, and Enterprise. Less expensive plans allow fewer simultaneous job postings and a smaller resume database, and the largest plan, which may be custom tailored, supports unlimited postings, a far more capacious database, and dedicated account management. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support.