ZipRecruiter Reviews

Jennifer Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 02, 2020

Why you need ZipRecruiter

I use ZipRecruiter as a recruitment platform for our open positions. 99% of my hiring is done from ZR and my fill time is an average of 10 days or less.
  • Presenting candidates when a job is posted for potential matches.
  • Easy to use.
  • Separates candidates that do not meet criteria or do not answer prehire questions so you can look at optimal candidates first.
  • Easy to post links to the company website.
  • Maybe require more information if they choose not to post a resume.
  • Make a plan in between 3 jobs and 10 jobs that is more price friendly.
I think it is very well suited for my company. We have 130 employees currently but that can change quickly. I have used it for 1 open position and I have used it for 12 open positions in the same company. It was easy to use for either amount of open positions.
Read Jennifer Beck's full review
Ryan Chies | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 07, 2020

ZipRecuiter...Worth your time and investment!

As the Executive Director of a rural skilled nursing campus, we faced the challenge of recruiting nurses to our community. I reached out to ZipRecruiter for assistance in solving this issue. I was assigned a recruitment specialist that understood our need and how to best approach our recruitment strategy. I was very impressed with the way ZipRecruiter maintained communication and made adjustments to our recruitment strategy during our campaign. ZipRecruiter was mindful of our budget and maximized those funds to the most impactful areas. We were able to attract a handful of nurses to our community by working with ZipRecruiter. I would utilize ZipRecruiter for future recruitment campaigns.
  • Maximizes your budget.
  • Understands your target audience.
  • I have no suggestions at this time.
ZipRecruiter was amazing with helping our rural healthcare skilled nursing home set up a strategic recruitment plan. They communicated brilliantly and were mindful of our budget. The portal is easy to use and the resources available great. We were able to see success due to the attention our ZipRecruiter specialist gave us. I would recommend this service to anyone.
Read Ryan Chies's full review
Kimberly Kenner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

ZipRecruiter is a good tool to have at your disposal

We are a consulting company, providing HR and recruiting support to our clients. We post at least 3 openings at any given time, usually the ones that do not require complex sourcing. We use our own ATS to post all the openings, then use a link to our ATS when positing jobs to Zip. The 3 openings package fits our needs most of the time.
  • It provides great editing tools, and key words based on the position posted.
  • Zip posts the jobs in real time, right away as soon as you are ready to post.
  • Zip reaches a large audience quite quickly.
  • The resumes they share once a job is posted are way too broad. They are not specific enough to the job requirements, and some of them are very old. They need a lot of work in this area. As of right now, I don't even bother using it anymore.
  • The editing tool fights with you sometimes, when making bullet points and numbered sections. It would be easier if it would copy and paste exactly what I paste from my MS Word docs.
  • The fees to add broadcast options are VERY pricey for us small companies to use.
Zip is well suited for more general positions such as an Accountant, or Admin Assistant. When the positions have some very industry specific criteria, it has a hard time capturing those details for example (Outside Sales - Quartz Manufacturing) = it takes the details from Outside sales, but doesn't take Quartz.
Read Kimberly Kenner's full review
Casey Swink | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

Top Talent Today

I currently use ZipRecruiter to post any open positions that my company has a need to fill. I am the only one out of my Human Resource department to use it but they all have access to it if needed. It's a great resource to review resumes of applicants and connect with any candidates if needed. I am able to make any changes to my open positions at any time if needed which is nice because if we are not getting many candidates we can try to make it more appealing to a certain pool of talent.
  • Quickly posts open positions.
  • Send my job openings to other great job sites.
  • Customer service always trying to up sell when you just want help.
  • Resume search seems to be outdated.
ZipRecruiter is a great interactive source to use when trying to fill your company's positions. It allows you to quickly post your job and almost instantly start getting applicants for as many job slots as you may have. You can then connect with these applicants through ZipRecruiter or by yourself. It's a great way to get your company's name out there. The only thing I wish ZipRectuiter did better would be to track an applicant once you have reached out to them. You can rate applicants which is nice, but then they just sit there until you hire or close your position.
Read Casey Swink's full review
Robert Calilli | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

ZipRecruiter lives up to his hype

We use ZipRecruiter to hire at all open positions in our company. From Sales to administration positions are posted with ZipRecruiter. We can conduct very professional interviews from the recruits we receive through ZipRecruiter. We have hired some of our top talents by utilizing your company.
  • Getting quality applicants.
  • Bringing a diverse group of choices
  • Harder to use on mobile phone
  • Could upgrade the navigation
I can pick a specific area I want to target. With ZipRecruiter, I can get detailed information on applicants and their locations. It seems like a never-ending supply of Sales applicants available.
Read Robert Calilli's full review
Art Stiefel | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 15, 2020

Make A Top-Tier Hire. Start with ZipRecruiter

We have used ZipRecruiter as a way for us to identify the best candidates without wasting a lot of time having to go through a lot of resumes and cover letters that are not relevant to the roles we need to fill. This is important because when we are looking to hire we don't have a lot of leeway with the experience we require and the time in which we need to get new hires on board.
  • ZipRecruiter helps us to target the right kinds of candidates and categories for better results.
  • By connecting us with more qualified candidates we have a stronger pool which we can select from to take the next steps in our hiring process.
  • One thing that I wish ZipRecruiter had would be implementing more one-to-one connectivity with higher qualifying candidates -- something like direct SMS and text communication would be awesome.
  • Possibly using some AI, ZipRecruiter could run through the submissions to speed up the identification of those top tier candidates.
ZipRecruiter stands out for its simplicity and ease of use. Even better is the higher level and caliber of candidates that they send our way. Depending on the hire we are looking for, we would love to get more info and insights earlier on in the process so we can get submissions fed to us as quickly as possible. Maybe additional notifications.
Read Art Stiefel's full review
Mark Rueckert | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

The best tool to recruit the high caliber candidates.

I have gained much of the benefits from the whole recruiting procedure which had allowed me to gain more insights about the right candidates and connecting me with them. It allows me to filter the high caliber candidates in a more efficient way rather than the standard channels which only brings out the available individuals. It always led me towards making the right choices for me as well as for my company.
  • Well, it is quite easy to post the required position without any kind of struggle at all and within few minutes its starts filtering the appropriate candidates for you.
  • The ads are visually pleasing and attract a greater audience with creative content lines.
  • We can also filter the right candidate for us by targeting specific candidates, location, education and experience.
  • This tool has some serious issues. The foremost thing that requires utmost improvement is their own customer support which always doesn't respond to us in more direct way.
  • They always try to lure us with some hefty pricey plans which are not even required at all.
  • There's also an abundance of notifications and alerts that we have to sort out manually.
Zip recruiter is the fastest way to post a job and get AMAZING candidates. I've never seen a better pool of people than what I received through this platform. Their tool is easy to use and allows you to target the exact right people. I am very satisfied with this tool!
Read Mark Rueckert's full review
Natacha Rubio | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 17, 2020

ZipRecruiter Review

I had first used ZipRecruiter as an individual and received results based on my experience and skill level. I later recommended it to my employer to receive qualified candidates tailored to our needs. It solves transition issues smoothly and effectively.
  • Easy-to-use platform.
  • Organized and concise responses.
  • Resume building.
  • Concise web organization.
ZipRecruiter is well-suited for giving a presentation of available opportunities and fast and easy application processes.
Read Natacha Rubio's full review
March 13, 2020

ZipRecruiter Review: Average

We used this platform across our entire organization. It helped increase our viability for our open positions by adding to multiple recruiting sites. We operate within multiple markets so it is important to utilize multiple sites in order to get a good selection of qualified candidates. It was different than the other sites we have used.
  • Allows you to review resumes without the applicant applying.
  • User-friendly
  • Not as user-friendly as Indeed.
  • Has spread less across the US.
Good to use as an alternative or if you want to take the time to search through resumes of the current pool of candidates. Takes more time to use than other sites and I think fewer people go on this site than others.
March 03, 2020

ZipRecruiter brings the applicants to you!

It is used in our organization alongside a few other platforms. It is being used across the whole organization, and it addresses issues in trying to find suitable applicants for our positions. As a school in a small area, it can be hard sometimes to find people who are qualified for the position but ZipRecruiter brings those applicants to us.
  • Brings applicants who are qualified to your organization.
  • Eliminates the need to go searching for people.
  • Helps shorten hiring process.
  • I think there is room for improvement on their website stylistically.
  • I think it needs to expand the types of jobs it includes, or at least try to add more!
I think ZipRecruiter is well suited for companies looking to fill a position, for an applicant looking to find the perfect job, or even just if you are looking to see how a position at two companies differs in rating and pay. I think it is less appropriate for waitressing jobs, or small scale companies, while I have seen some success in this area I think that it is better suited for larger companies.
February 21, 2020

ZipRecruiter is the best of 2020

ZipRecruiter is used across all departments of our business. It is one of the best hiring tools we have, and since we are a small business it is hard for us to post on our own site for candidates. Having a one-stop job posting site is the best HR solution that a business like us needs.
  • Finding great candidates.
  • Helping filter through bad leads.
  • Cost needs to come down for small businesses.
  • Extend the free trial period.
ZipRecruiter has a nice database of candidates that is relatively easy to search. They provide no shortage of candidates applying for positions. It is a good site for posting and praying, or if you have open parameters for filling a position. Plus ZipRecruiter has an excellent note-taking ability. It timestamps each note on the candidates, which makes it very easy to track. The ability to send emails individually or in a group worked seamlessly, which I truly enjoyed.
Matthew Bernstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2020

ZipRecruiter is a vital resource!

The recruiting team in my organization uses ZipRecruiter on a nearly daily basis to find, vet, and source candidates for all of our job openings across multiple departments. It allows us to search across many different functions at the same time, saving us time money and resources in the job recruitment process.
  • Ability to search multiple resumes
  • Search by keyword or location
  • Lack of clarity on candidate communication
  • Some trouble with rating system of candidates
ZipRecruiter is well suited for the recruiting team on any human resources team. It is an integral part of the job search process, as it has become a vital way to source and communicate with prospective candidates for open roles across multiple departments. We are delighted to use ZipRecruiter on an ongoing basis,
Read Matthew Bernstein's full review
Ray Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

ZipRecuiter will definitely help you with your staffing needs.

Our recruiters use ZipRecruiter to search for qualified candidates for our client's open job orders. We also use ZipRecruiter to search for internal employees. ZipRecruiter allows us to invite multiple qualified candidates to our office to interview for open positions. Not only does ZipRecruiter save time in our office but it also allows our recruiters to be productive in selecting the candidates that best fit our needs. We have been working with ZipRecruiter for the past 5 years and will continue to use their services.
  • Having the ability to search resumes for qualified candidates is a definite time saver.
  • You can search multiple applicants, add notes to their profile and rate the candidates.
  • You can send group emails to candidates for clients that have multiple job openings.
  • You have the ability to search for candidates by keyword, City, Zip, or even by setting a radius from your location.
  • Recruiters should have the ability to see if a candidate that has already been contacted. Some candidates apply to several open positions with our company and we have multiple recruiters contacting the same candidate.
  • Ratings do not always show up after reviewing a candidate. This causes the candidate to be contacted more than once by the same office.
ZipRecruiter is well suited for staffing companies that have multiple job openings. We are able to add or subtract the number of job slots that we use in accordance with our business levels. We are also able to only invite the candidates that fit our qualifications, saving our recruiters valuable time.
Read Ray Fisher's full review
Katie McKinlay | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 17, 2019

Great platform when integrated through your ATS!

We use ZipRecruiter sponsored through JazzHR for our hiring needs. We’ve been happy with the quality and quantity of sponsored ZipRecruiter posts and have used ZipRecruiter outside of the integration with our ATS previously.
  • Quality candidates. The resumes we get through ZipRecruiter are much better than ones we receive through other platforms.
  • Quantity of candidates. The platform, especially when you use sponsored posts, brings in a lot of candidates to our candidate pool. We utilize three slots monthly and it helped a lot to build our candidate pipeline.
  • When we use the platform previous to integration with our ATS, it was very difficult to get the resumes off of the platform and into our ATS. Very time-consuming and not worth the time.
  • When we would pay for sponsored posts, you only had a certain amount of time to retrieve the candidate information off of ZipRecruiter which could be problematic if the post ran through the weekend.
ZipRecruiter works great when it is integrated through an ATS. The resumes filter in nicely and we get a great quality and quantity of candidates in our pipeline. We’re not integrated through the ATS it is difficult to use and time consuming to manage.
Read Katie McKinlay's full review
Bruce Emmerling | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 05, 2019

An easy to learn package for novices and smaller organizations

ZipRecruiter is used across the organization for different departments. Its single database and easy integration of its varied functions make it easy to implement. It addresses the issue of hiring functions and managing the hiring process for new employees. It also helps supply reports on hiring trends over specific time periods to help gauge hiring patterns in the long term.
  • It's a very easy to use interface.
  • Its integrated functions and features make it easy to utilize.
  • Novices can learn the system fairly quickly with limited training.
  • Its reporting tools could use some enhancements, but this can be said for competitor products as well.
  • Some its features, like TrafficBoost, require additional funding.
  • For some organizations, its robust features may be overkill.
ZipRecruiter works very well with small to medium-sized organizations that may have limited IT staff. Its easy to use interface, low learning curve, and integrated features make it an easy package to implement. On the other hand, larger organizations or those needing more advanced reporting tools may want to look elsewhere. However, it gives a small organization a great deal of functionality not found in lower-cost offerings.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
Shameka Edwards-Burt | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 05, 2019

ZipRecruiter Will Save The Day!!

I use Zip Recruiter to Look for employment for myself and others I live with. I just signed up and selected notifications for any employment opportunities involving Retail sales, Administrative Assistant, Restaurant, and Home Health Aide. Zip Recruiter is professional as well as helpful when needing to find employment.
  • On-Time Notifications.
  • Newsletters.
  • New Job Recommendations.
  • I do not see anything from this company that needs improvement so far from the job searching end.
Zip Recruiter is well suited for the working adult. I love that you can upload your resume and make changes any time; they even help you with your resume by suggesting words or phrases to use instead of what you want to say. There are new job postings 24/7. Thank you for this opportunity.
Read Shameka Edwards-Burt's full review
Kristyn Cole | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 25, 2019

Multiple placements using candidate from ZipRecruiter!

We use ZipRecruiter to recruit for positions we have open. We use it often to recruit for higher-level positions or specialized positions. So far it has been helpful in finding people to submit to our purchasing positions, accounting, and production supervisor level positions. ZipRecruiter gives us another platform to find candidates if we do not have enough in our internal pool.
  • Filter resumes based on date, experience, area, etc.
  • Resumes for high-level positions.
  • Ability to view all contact info.
  • Need more entry-level position resumes.
  • Delete or hide resumes from years past - don't like calling on people who have been working for 2 years because their resume was the first to populate.
I really like using ZipRecruiter for specialized positions and high-level positions. I like being able to use the keyword feature that searches resumes for that word. This helps when recruiting and finding candidates for super specialized positions. I also like being able to see all the contact information for everyone on ZipRecruiter.

I struggle with ZipRecruiter when I am looking for entry-level candidates with basic warehouse experience.
Read Kristyn Cole's full review
Ashley Balsewicz | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 28, 2019

User Ready

ZipRecruiter is being used across the entire organization at this time. We have an on-demand need for labor at any given time in the moving industry and we always have a decent pool of candidates to choose from when needed. We also used it to search for our new CFO.
  • Filter out what you are looking for.
  • Accurate descriptions.
  • Daily updates.
  • Screen candidates a little better.
  • Add some skill-testing scenarios.
  • Filter out the unqualified.
I really enjoy how you can quickly post a job for free to the website. The step by step assistance is great and puts you on the right track to obtaining an employee that is worth bringing on board permanently. The fee charged thereafter are also reasonable, but ZipRecruiter should charge for each posting instead of monthly.
Read Ashley Balsewicz's full review
Ned Ryerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2019

Use Indeed and save your time and money!! Indeed is at least 5x better

We did the trial job posting. I used it to find an employee to work in our warehouse filling orders and building products.
  • The interface is nice looking.
  • The trial erased ALL posting information!! The minute the trial was over they locked me out of the account and all information from the past. I was a hostage that could not see any of the applicants unless I paid for an actual subscription. Had they told me that in the beginning I would’ve printed out every resume. We will never use ZipRecruiter again!!
  • Fewer candidates compared to Indeed.
Skip it and use Indeed.
Read Ned Ryerson's full review
December 30, 2019

How ZipRecruiter Stacks Up In Comparison

ZipRecruiter is being used as an additional tool to attract applicants for open positions within my company. It is not currently the sole platform we use for advertising, so it does not directly solve any problems but it does allow us to expand our reach for applicants.
  • A broad reach of applicant pools.
  • It automatically connects with a variety of job boards.
  • ZipRecruiter needs to continue to advertise to the users/job seekers to grow their reach.
  • The tracking links you can create are okay, but not great.
At this time I would still recommend ZipRecruiter to a colleague, but I know it does not have the same reach or name recognition with candidates as other platforms do at the current moment.
October 23, 2019

ZipRecruiter Review

It gives the opportunity to check out the job market needs for students. It also showcases the competition in the higher education industry. ZipRecruiter helps the school with recruitment and retention of faculty and staff.
  • It gives a candid listing of opportunities across various industries.
  • It provides a wide array of salaries.
  • It enables users to use mobile-friendly job alerts.
  • It provides the status of job applications.
  • It has a skills proficiency segment for candidates.
  • It can provide an estimated salary range for positions posted.
  • There can be value for a reference section-you can load in perspective individuals to use as references in ZipRecruiter. Depending on the position candidates apply for, they can select the references for the positions.
  • ZipRecruiter can offer special deals for a limited time for small businesses and entrepreneur job postings.
  • ZipRecruiter can offer a "Veterans Select Resources" where Veterans and/or transitioning military candidates can find jobs where they are military friendly. Many veterans have a wealth of experience but are often screened out by other applicants--such a loss for so many organizations wanted to be successful and profitable.
ZipRecruiter is well suited for candidates with experience in the workforce. It is least appropriate for non-degreed candidates. ZipRecruiter is also great for passive and active candidates. I have been using this resource for quite a while and it is interesting to find which jobs are in demand every year. Mobile users find ZipRecruiter easy to use.
October 22, 2019

Still quantity over quality, but getting much better!

We use ZipRecruiter to post our active job listings. Our sourcing/recruiting department uses it. It gives us the opportunity to share our job openings, and attract talent within an hour (or less)! ZipRecruiter has been a source for us over the past several years. However, we are seeing an increase in quality over quantity, which is definitely a step in the right direction.
  • Job postings.
  • Sourcing resumes.
  • Screening candidates.
  • Better screening tools for candidates who apply to open jobs.
  • Auto-screeners that can be conducted via recorded phone call.
  • Option for candidates to identify when they are open to relocating.
ZipRecruiter is well suited for businesses of any size, who post jobs with entry-level and/or general skillsets. This would include an administrative assistant, customer service professional, or data entry associate. For roles like these, you can expect at least 50 applications, with the opportunity to collect resumes from all backgrounds. ZipRecruiter is not the best suited for highly specialized roles. We find that other job boards have a more robust pipeline of candidates, who, with specialized skillsets, tend to post their resumes. This may include a specialized Marketing professional, IT developer, etc.
September 20, 2019

A Great Recruitment Tool To Have

I am the sole user of our ZipRecruiter account. We currently have a plan for 20 job postings and 4 logins, but we are considering increasing our package with them. It is being used to aid in the recruitment of staff. We own and operate skilled nursing facilities in Texas, and we currently have over 75 facilities. ZipRecruiter is the site we use to post our CNA, LVN, RN postings mostly, but we also post positions for dietary staff, housekeeping, and maintenance occasionally as well. It has been very beneficial in providing us candidates, particularly nursing candidates, which is where we always have the biggest shortage across our 75+ facilities.
  • They provide a boosting option which will help to attract more candidates and gets your job more exposure.
  • They send the job out to over 100 additional job board sites, so your job gets more exposure than you might think.
  • They focus more on getting your job out in front of as many eyes as possible and getting direct responses to your job as opposed to building a large database of candidates.
  • When you do want to go search their database, it is not real robust.
  • It hasn't worked very well at all for us with higher level positions. Indeed has been more successful for higher level positions.
  • A lot of responses I receive have partial resumes or no resume at all.
I think it is well suited for companies looking to make a lot of hires. I feel it isn't too costly and we have made hires from the site. I feel it is less effective if someone is doing higher-level executive-type recruiting.
September 20, 2019

A breath of applicant freshness

We are using ZipRecruiter mainly for Job postings and candidate management. We currently rely on this service and It is being used company wide. What ZipRecruiter brings to the table is a variety of different applicants to your inbox. Since jobs are being posted to multiple sites you will always receive fresh applicants.
  • ZipRecruiter has great exposure bringing in a ton of resumes.
  • You have the ability to surf through the applicant database with ease.
  • The user experience design is very user friendly
  • The matching of great candidates to your inbox are always on target.
  • One of the things that may help improve ZipRecruiter is the ability to filter out applicants that are not a 100% match.
  • A questionnaire can be created to filter out applicants.
  • ZipRecruiter is used as an add on , maybe they can improve to become more of a full lifecycle recruiting applicant tracking system.
When you are tired and have beat up or turned over every rock for talent, ZipRecruiter may bring some refreshing candidates. I remember working on a Tech Support role and the commute made this position very difficult. After using traditional job boards I posted on ZipRecruiter and was amazed by the results I received.
November 26, 2019

Poor client refund policies

We went to ZipRecruiter because of their ads, and because we thought they could bring us better applicants. We subscribed for 3 months, and 90% of candidates had zero relevant experience. I called 1 day after our auto-bill to cancel and they informed me, per the terms of our service contract, that there are no balance refunds. Terrible client service.
  • Great advertisements.
  • Client support (except for billing).
  • Poor quality of candidates.
  • Upcharges to "optimize ads."
  • A poor refund policy.
ZipRecruiter may be good for white collar or skilled technical jobs, but not so much for hourly workers.

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a cloud-based platform developed by Ziprecruiter, Inc in California, billed as a cheap alternative to larger ATS platforms or as an aid to be integrated into existing ATS. However it offers a set of features typical of ATS, though narrowed somewhat. Such features are posting to a broad range of job boards rapidly, a mobile format for mobile job seekers, the ability to create brief “real world” questionnaires for candidate screening, integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), a job page with company branding and logo, and (a more rarely found feature) the ability allow unlimited users access to the system without a concomitant price change. Ziprecruiter is targeted to meet the needs of smaller to midsize companies though pricing plans support implementation and use by the large institutions. There are five total levels: Starter, Team, Company, Big Hiring, and Enterprise. Less expensive plans allow fewer simultaneous job postings and a smaller resume database, and the largest plan, which may be custom tailored, supports unlimited postings, a far more capacious database, and dedicated account management. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support.