Total DeceptionI was looking to higher a biller and an assistant for the business. I decided to try Ziprecruiter free trial to see if the applicant pool was better than other recruitment sites, and then would decide if I would purchase a one month subscription for the posting.,quickly get resumes,False advertisement of their free trial- automatically enrolled in a subscription when you cancel your subscription, you are re-enrolled in a different plan and have to cancel that one as well,1,It was a waste of my time to post a opening, when I can not look at the resumes. There was no free trial- I felt deceived. And then when you try to cancel, they automatically enroll you in a different subscription ( that cost more, actually double the cost, than the original subscription) and that one needs to be cancelled also.ZipRecruiter- A ReviewWe use ZipRecruiter both as a job board for our various open positions, as well as a good sourcing point for passive candidates throughout their own internal database. Every recruiter on the team has access to the job board to not only post a new role but also review candidates that have applied to these posted positions directly. ZipRecruiter serves as another tool of sourcing candidates for open positions.,ZipRecruiter is very easy to use, even for those who are not tech-savvy. The platform offers seamless options to mass-message out all candidates who have applied. This eliminates the time-consuming efforts to have to message out to each candidate. ZipRecruiter parses and connects well with our ATS platform, which makes it easy to track information as well and manage candidate profiles.,ZipRecruiter makes it almost too easy for candidates to apply for roles using their one-click apply method. This leads to many unqualified applications for open roles. The platform should look to offer more options for employers to source candidates better. While it does offer the ability to add screening questions, it lacks more specific-related questions to truly test a candidate's skills. Their internal database is a little quirky and does not have the powerful (or useful) search functions available.,7,One placement made from Zip Recruiter pays for the platform in itself so in that regard, it has a great return of investment,Broadbean,Bullhorn CRM, BroadbeanZipRecruiter usage in a small to medium organizationZipRecruiter was used at our organization as the main recruiting tool platform. We hired over 25 employees using the software across the entire organization. My hiring managers were able to sort resumes based on qualifications needed and schedule interviews for a seamless hiring process.,ZipRecruiter is a basic ATS that stores all your applicant info in one place. You're able to search for specific keywords in each applicant resume. This all helps with an efficient hiring process and keeps my team organized while choosing candidates to interview.,I think the email templates and communication piece with ZR can be improved. The system is very user-friendly but adding more detail in the candidate overview would be helpful.,8,It has allowed the organization to house all our applicants in one place, saving time and money in our recruiting process.,Jobvite,Bamboo, Sterling Talent Solutions, JobviteZipRecruiter is a great sourcing channel to augment your candidate pipeline!We use ZipRecruiter since we are an executive search firm and a recruitment firm. I thought ZipRecruiter is only good for full-time positions but it is also perfect if you are looking for freelancers. However, please be mindful that not all ZipRecruiter applicants are a great fit. Some but not most.,Another method of sourcing channel Helps you build a strong candidate pipeline Makes clients happy with the turnaround of candidates,Not all candidates are a great fit. You still need to peruse profiles since a lot of people. even if they don't have the pedigree wanted, can still apply. The messaging aspect in the system is not that convenient so I am still using my email to communicate with candidates.,10,ZipRecruiter helps to build the candidate pipeline faster so saves more time in sourcing Some candidates are not on LinkedIn so ZipRecruiter connects you with them We can get more projects than ever because of ZipRecruiter,LinkedIn TalentZipRecruiter - Find Your Next Job or Job Candidate in a Flash!I personally use ZipRecruiter to search for open jobs in my area and across the United States. It's always interesting to see the jobs that are available. Even if I am not actively seeking a new job, it's nice to get a snapshot of how things are going in my industry. ZipRecruiter sends me jobs to review and apply for, if desired.,Zip Recruiter does a nice job of sending you jobs on a daily or weekly basis (your preference), and it is easy to apply for such jobs. If they don't apply to you or aren't relevant, you can let them know so that they can better refine their searches in the future. I haven't tried yet, but I do believe that you can post your resume on there for companies to view as well. If you were actively seeking a job, this would be a great option.,I have no suggestions for improvement. I think it is functioning very well right now.,10,I am only a personal user, we are not currently using it at my place of business, to the best of my knowledge.,,ADP Workforce NowZipRecruiter can be easy, but not always efficient.As our recruiter, I've used ZipRecruiter to post jobs and attract candidates. ZipRecruiter is one of the job boards our ATS is integrated with, and we see quite a few candidates come to us through this platform. We've used it as a free job board, done the free trial, and paid for job postings. We chose to use it as an option to further publicize our open roles.,It is a well-known product. More and more candidates select this as where they heard about our company. It's hard to ignore the fact that it's becoming a very reputable job platform. They do quite a bit of advertising, so I'm interested in seeing how it will grow. Because it's grown in popularity, the candidate pool is quite large. Depending on your criteria, there are a lot of potential candidates to find. There is a way to rate candidates using the thumbs up/down/middle options. I enjoy having this right on the platform, rather than having to make notes about candidates. Fairly user-friendly - it's not the sexiest interface, but it's also not difficult to use, which is nice.,Quality of candidates - one of the reasons we stopped using this platform is the lack of quality/qualified candidates. ZipRecruiter has an option where candidates can one-click on a type of job and their resume is posted to a variety of roles. These tools tend to make recruiters cringe, as resumes are splattered across job postings that aren't truly related to their skills. More filters for job applicants would be incredibly helpful, especially as the platform grows! Price - for smaller businesses that don't hire hundreds of people, the price seemed a bit high. It just wasn't worth it for us. Overall, just more ways to filter criteria and candidates. I struggled with finding filters based on location and/or if candidates were willing to relocate. We had candidates applying from all over that had no intention of relocating.,5,ZipRecruiter did not provide much positive impact. For sponsored posts or during our free trial, we did not receive any qualified candidates. Our ATS posts to the free ZipRecruiter board, and we have had candidates come through there, but have actually hired very few. ZipRecruiter would have had a more negative impact on our ROI had we continued using the paid option. However, we felt it was not worth it and discontinued. Others may find it more beneficial, but for our hiring patterns, it wasn't necessary.,ZipRecuiter will definitely help you with your staffing needs.Our recruiters use ZipRecruiter to search for qualified candidates for our client's open job orders. We also use ZipRecruiter to search for internal employees. ZipRecruiter allows us to invite multiple qualified candidates to our office to interview for open positions. Not only does ZipRecruiter save time in our office but it also allows our recruiters to be productive in selecting the candidates that best fit our needs. We have been working with ZipRecruiter for the past 5 years and will continue to use their services.,Having the ability to search resumes for qualified candidates is a definite time saver. You can search multiple applicants, add notes to their profile and rate the candidates. You can send group emails to candidates for clients that have multiple job openings. You have the ability to search for candidates by keyword, City, Zip, or even by setting a radius from your location.,Recruiters should have the ability to see if a candidate that has already been contacted. Some candidates apply to several open positions with our company and we have multiple recruiters contacting the same candidate. Ratings do not always show up after reviewing a candidate. This causes the candidate to be contacted more than once by the same office.,9,We are currently working on a system to track the number of candidates that we employ through ZipRecruiter but as of now I don't have a figure.,Snag,PCRecruiter, QuickBooks Enterprise SolutionsZipRecruiter PerformsZipRecruiter is currently used by our staffing department to post open positions and to search their database of candidates. ZipRecruiter has proved itself as a compliment to our other online staffing solutions. We have been able to attract candidates for both our Senior and Junior level roles. We find solid candidates for both our exempt and non-exempt roles.,They make the process of posting positions relatively easy. While there are plenty of details to help round out your job posting, the UI is simple and easy to use. Sharing to company social media is available as well. Their dedicated account managers are extremely helpful and usually available to speak with you right away. The pricing packages and flexibility of payment options make it an attractive option in this space.,They have made some changes to their resume database search functionality that fixed some of the experience issues we were having. The search function is much easier now and more robust. With social media posting, you are only permitted to sign up for one company. We have multiple "brands" that post on ZipRecruiter but, only able to link to one of their social media accounts.,9,ZipRecruiter helped us to reaching our hiring goals for 2018. We have been able to source, exempt and non-exempt candidates, in a timely fashion for our roles in the NY Metro area. From a cost perspective, ZipRecruiter is more affordable than others that we have used in the past. In the end the results speak for themselves and we have had better success with Zip than other job boards we have used in the past.,,HireRight, iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software SuiteGreat for job posts, and tandem use with an ATSWe use ZipRecruiter to support the large amount of jobs that we fill for our clients. It is used across the whole organization, and it allows us to reach a wide spread variety of candidates. We use a combination of a few job boards, but for my branch, ZipRecruiter makes a big difference in how many people apply for my open jobs.,ZipRecruiter allows you to use keywords and tag your posts to reach a wider audience. This is especially helpful for multi-faceted positions in where the title might not include all the descriptors to attract qualified candidates. I really enjoy the wage range comparison feature. As you write a job post it compares the wage you offer to other wages in the area, based on the job title. This is great for keeping an eye on the competition and adjusting to get the best candidates. The resume search feature is also very helpful. I can search by years of experience in a field, job titles or resume keywords, so I don't accidentally overlook the kind of people I am looking for.,My least favorite feature is the automatic apply feature. When a candidate applies for say, a customer service job, ZipRecruiter can automatically send out their resume to any job with customer service keywords. This causes issues for me because I get candidates who have no idea that they applied, or they end up applying to my customer service positions that have language requirement they can't fill. I am not fond of how often the filters reset. When I'm searching through my jobs, the filters automatically reset every single time I click on something. This is an annoyance when you're looking for multiple jobs or candidates within the same perimeters.,8,ZipRecruiter has increased our access to candidates, either qualified or unqualified, which allows us to pursue them for the job the applied for or for any of my other positions. I am able to keep a large applicant pool because of this. ZipRecuriter is not a full service ATS, so their are certain capabilities that is does not offer. However, used in tandem with an ATS can be very helpful. I track my candidates in a separate system, and use ZipRecruiter solely for job posting.,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM) and Workable,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Asana, Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Mostly UselessUsed to bolster sourcing efforts for a number of positions across a number of industries. ZipRecruiter was used as a supplement to additional recruiting tools, including Indeed, LinkedIn, and Career Builder. We did not use all the features of ZipRecruiter (though I have used all features with previous positions), and primarily utilized the resume database to source for passive candidates.,Finding new candidates. When sourcing extensively with only one or two platforms, the candidate pool can run dry from time to time. ZipRecruiter typically had some new candidates to bring into the mix. Easy candidate ratings. Trying to use a numerical scale can be clumsy. I appreciate the three thumbs rating option provided by ZipRecruiter. Allows you to search by keywords. Most recruiting platforms provide this feature in their resume database, but it still warrants mention here.,I would love the ability to sort by not only current location, but locations a candidate is willing to relocate to. More filters. Comparing the filters available on LinkedIn Recruiter to what ZipRecruiter has to offer really highlights just how much more could be done. Fewer "junk" resumes. ZipRecruiter seems to be rife with candidates in their database that either has no actual resume on file or a two-word resume. There needs to be some way to filter out resumes that are clearly lacking any useful information.,5,Has significantly increased the candidate pool for the lower, entry-level positions we fill, but very few of the candidates have been worthwhile After a straight month of use, 0 new hires were sourced from ZipRecruiter, as opposed to 1 each from Indeed and LinkedIn. ZipRecruiter has not helped me to identify any previously unseen candidates for higher level roles in the IT or Engineering space.,LinkedIn Talent,SmartSearch, LinkedIn Talent,7Know what you're in for!We have used ZipRecruiter to advertise job listings, in order to increase incoming candidates. We have sole use of ZipRecruiter in the HR department, and share info on candidate applications with relevant team members when applicable, in Workable. When we decide we need to boost the reach of a job listing, we turn to a number of different solutions, ZipRecruiter being one of them.,ZipRecruiter is a well-known, recognized, trusted brand. That is not something to be underestimated. ZipRecruiter has significant reach, so if you're looking for your job listing to be found, ZipRecruiter is a good place to go.,ZipRecruiter appears to have no quality control. I find myself inundated with completely unqualified applications, which is part of the job, but it seems that ZipRecruiter appears to supply more unqualified/irrelevant candidates than many other competitive solutions. ZipRecruiter is not the most user-friendly experience I've had. I can get done what I need to, but some click-reducing changes and simpler UI would be really helpful.,6,I'd say ZipRecruiter has been an "okay" option for us, and we will likely use them again when we need to, but I think the ROI is minimal. You're more likely to find better applicants by putting in a bit more work in less "trawled" or "crowded" spaces if you really need quality. When we've wanted to interview candidates to understand the talent out there and to refine what we're looking for by talking to people, ZipRecruiter has been great to get volume and have people come through the door for interviews.,indeed, indeed prime, monster, linkedin, glassdoor, salesheads, salesgenomix, career builder, mashable and jobHappy with ZipRecruiterWe are a recruiting and coaching company, so we use ZipRecruiter daily for various jobs and industries. My recruiter pulls off resumes daily and reviews them for the Marketing, IT, Accounting/Finance, Operations and Sales roles that we have posted. I would say that 95% of our postings have got 5+ qualified candidates.,Sources Quality Candidates User-friendly (super easy to post, and remove jobs) Customer Service - every time I have had a question it is quickly answered,Adding the option for qualifying questions would be a great feature.,10,Quality Candidates High number of candidates Reaches candidates quickly,,HubSpot CRM, QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office 365not a great fit for a small companyI used ZipRecruiter to get a pharmacy technician. I had maybe 20 responses, and I did hire one tech through this site. the site was very cumbersome to use. I was told I had a specific date to cancel before I had any more charges. I did not need an ongoing service, I was looking to hire one technician. the service charged my account 18 days prior to that date. so I would recommend that if you do use them, and only want to use it for a quick hire, then cancel the service the day after you first use it. I doubt I would ever use it again because of the cost, cumbersome interface and what I got out of it. other sites are more cost-effective.,the ability to search for applicants based on certain qualifications.,the web site and interface is cumbersome, bulky and not user friendly to use.,3,negligible.,ZipRecruiter - A must use tool in recruitment marketingMy clients use ZipRecruiter to promote their hard to fill positions - specifically in healthcare. All of my clients utilize ZipRecruiter in effort to help fill critical positions. Most of my clients have between 100-300 open positions at any given time, and ZipRecruiter plays a vital role in helping to drive applicants to these open jobs.,Drives applications Drives QUALITY hires Offers a lost cost per applicant ratio Provides great customer services throughout the process,Providing a more visual aspect of the process Showing results based on the specific site the job was promoted A more detailed list of sites under their umbrella,10,Great ROI Can track ROI on specific positions Can start and stop campaigns at any time,,Appcast,1,1,Alerting passive job seekers about open positions Allowing active job seekers to find positions on various job boards Fill open positions Drive quality applicants,Targeting out of market Promoting events Using both alerts and postings together,Sponsoring more positions Expanding geo areas for job alerts Adding job alerts for those clients only using postings,10,Getting jobs sponsored Getting updates on results Making changes to campaigns,Getting automated job level results Tracking budgets mid campaign,Yes, but I don't use it,10Great for creating a large resume pool, has some issues with filling roles too specificZipRecruiter is one of our two primary job posting sites. It is used by the Talent Recruitment department to source candidates. It fairly successfully does this.,Volume of candidates Usability and interface Cost of service Levels of customization,Improved resume searching The resume viewing system is often buggy Continual status updates,8,Faster sourcing and ability to self source via resume search Broader pool of candidates to select from Increased recruiting team efficiency thanks to improved tools,Glassdoor,LinkedIn,10Efficient and cost-effective tool for recruiters.I frequently used ZipRecruiter at my previous position in the technology recruiting space. The layout was very aesthetically pleasant, basic and easy to use, yet effective and powerful. It addressed the problems of sourcing actively searching and talented technology professionals.,Reach: able to reach a huge market of job searchers by posting a position across multiple platforms. Efficient: very organized and simple rating system to keep track of large pools of candidates. Value: Great product for the price that is paid.,Resume formats were sometimes off Email system from ZipRecruiter couldn't negotiate with signature from normal email systems.,7,Faster lead conversion Faster sourcing Efficient recruiting,TalentBin,1A breath of applicant freshnessWe are using ZipRecruiter mainly for Job postings and candidate management. We currently rely on this service and It is being used company wide. What ZipRecruiter brings to the table is a variety of different applicants to your inbox. Since jobs are being posted to multiple sites you will always receive fresh applicants.,ZipRecruiter has great exposure bringing in a ton of resumes. You have the ability to surf through the applicant database with ease. The user experience design is very user friendly,One of the things that may help improve ZipRecruiter is the ability to filter out applicants that are not a 100% match. A questionnaire can be created to filter out applicants. ZipRecruiter is used as an add on , maybe they can improve to become more of a full lifecycle recruiting applicant tracking system.,8,It really made a huge impact on finding lower to mid level Technical resources. It increased our hires to an additional 2 placements per month using ZipRecruiter. The downfall to ZipRecruiter is that it may lack a true applicant tracking service, since there are larger systems out there, staff may not rely on it as often. It met the business objective which was to get our jobs exposed online through social media and other places.,,iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite, PeopleFluent Mirror Suite for Talent Management, Oracle HCM Cloud (including Taleo),30,1,Searching within the database Job Posting Candidate management,Highly unexpected ways ziprecruiter is beneficial is the fact that it has an overwhelming sites to post jobs to.,More reporting and gauge in on the quality of candidates.,10ZipRecruiter is easy!ZipRecruiter is currently being used for recruitment of sales positions for our organization. Only the Human Resources Department has access to the database but we send resumes that we like to the applicable sales managers. ZipRecruiter helps by posting to multiple sites therefore saving time, so we can concentrate our efforts on other things.,Being able to post on many websites at once Receiving an email with a quick synopsis of each candidate Easy Interface,I feel like we didn't really get as many applicants as we expected since the position is posted in so many places, but it could be that people aren't searching for what we are recruiting for.,7,Increased employee efficiency,7
ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter Reviews

ZipRecruiter
Filter 45 vetted ZipRecruiter reviews and ratings

Natalia Olarte Staunton profile photo
March 21, 2019

ZipRecruiter Review: "Total Deception"

• quickly get resumes
  • False advertisement of their free trial-
  • automatically enrolled in a subscription
  • when you cancel your subscription, you are re-enrolled in a different plan and have to cancel that one as well
Total deception: I applied for a free four day trial. Apparently, they did not disclose that in that free trial you are only allowed to view 10 resumes, nothing more. In addition, once you have received ten resumes, your account is locked, so you can not actually look at the resumes unless you pay! So it is not a free trial because you can not look at anyone's resumes and it does not last the four days. Once you cancel your subscription, you are automatically enrolled in a different subscription and must cancel that one as well!
Read Natalia Olarte Staunton's full review
May 23, 2019

"ZipRecruiter- A Review"

• ZipRecruiter is very easy to use, even for those who are not tech-savvy.
  • The platform offers seamless options to mass-message out all candidates who have applied. This eliminates the time-consuming efforts to have to message out to each candidate.
  • ZipRecruiter parses and connects well with our ATS platform, which makes it easy to track information as well and manage candidate profiles.
  • ZipRecruiter makes it almost too easy for candidates to apply for roles using their one-click apply method. This leads to many unqualified applications for open roles.
  • The platform should look to offer more options for employers to source candidates better. While it does offer the ability to add screening questions, it lacks more specific-related questions to truly test a candidate's skills.
  • Their internal database is a little quirky and does not have the powerful (or useful) search functions available.
ZipRecruiter is a great platform for entry/low-level positions as it's a very popular job board that can stretch to thousands of potential applicants. When it comes to more senior roles, because it's incredibly easy for anyone to apply, it's time-consuming and difficult to find a "needle in a haystack" for an open position.
June 04, 2019

Review: "ZipRecruiter usage in a small to medium organization"

• ZipRecruiter is a basic ATS that stores all your applicant info in one place.
  • You're able to search for specific keywords in each applicant resume.
  • This all helps with an efficient hiring process and keeps my team organized while choosing candidates to interview.
  • I think the email templates and communication piece with ZR can be improved.
  • The system is very user-friendly but adding more detail in the candidate overview would be helpful.
ZR is good for small to medium-sized businesses who need to recruit heavily in a small amount of time. It feeds to other job posting sites like Indeed and LinkedIn.
February 14, 2019

Review: "ZipRecruiter is a great sourcing channel to augment your candidate pipeline!"

• Another method of sourcing channel
  • Helps you build a strong candidate pipeline
  • Makes clients happy with the turnaround of candidates
  • Not all candidates are a great fit.
  • You still need to peruse profiles since a lot of people. even if they don't have the pedigree wanted, can still apply.
  • The messaging aspect in the system is not that convenient so I am still using my email to communicate with candidates.
ZipRecruiter is a great sourcing channel. You need ZipRecruiter if you want to build a strong pipeline in the shortest possible time. The only drawback with ZipRecruiter is that the messaging interface and the that everyone, even if not a fit, can apply to your postings.
February 01, 2019

Review: "ZipRecruiter - Find Your Next Job or Job Candidate in a Flash!"

• Zip Recruiter does a nice job of sending you jobs on a daily or weekly basis (your preference), and it is easy to apply for such jobs. If they don't apply to you or aren't relevant, you can let them know so that they can better refine their searches in the future.
  • I haven't tried yet, but I do believe that you can post your resume on there for companies to view as well. If you were actively seeking a job, this would be a great option.
  • I have no suggestions for improvement. I think it is functioning very well right now.
It is well-suited to the active job seeker. It makes it easy to view open jobs, or get weekly emails about open jobs that might be of interest to you. If you are not actively seeking a job, I would not recommend signing up for emails because it may be too much and just seem like spam.
Erin Holm profile photo
December 19, 2018

Review: "ZipRecruiter can be easy, but not always efficient."

• It is a well-known product. More and more candidates select this as where they heard about our company. It's hard to ignore the fact that it's becoming a very reputable job platform. They do quite a bit of advertising, so I'm interested in seeing how it will grow.
  • Because it's grown in popularity, the candidate pool is quite large. Depending on your criteria, there are a lot of potential candidates to find.
  • There is a way to rate candidates using the thumbs up/down/middle options. I enjoy having this right on the platform, rather than having to make notes about candidates.
  • Fairly user-friendly - it's not the sexiest interface, but it's also not difficult to use, which is nice.
  • Quality of candidates - one of the reasons we stopped using this platform is the lack of quality/qualified candidates. ZipRecruiter has an option where candidates can one-click on a type of job and their resume is posted to a variety of roles. These tools tend to make recruiters cringe, as resumes are splattered across job postings that aren't truly related to their skills. More filters for job applicants would be incredibly helpful, especially as the platform grows!
  • Price - for smaller businesses that don't hire hundreds of people, the price seemed a bit high. It just wasn't worth it for us.
  • Overall, just more ways to filter criteria and candidates. I struggled with finding filters based on location and/or if candidates were willing to relocate. We had candidates applying from all over that had no intention of relocating.
ZipRecruiter does have a large number of candidates and only seems to be growing. If you're looking for more general roles, I think it would be a useful tool. The more specific you get, the less likely it seems you get the right candidates. Most of the applicants I received from ZipRecruiter or applicants applying on their own were not even remotely qualified for the role.

Additionally, although not an outrageous fee for companies that hire in large quantities, if you're putting up just 1 or 2 jobs a month, the price can be steep (especially with what you're getting).

Read Erin Holm's full review
Ray Fisher profile photo
December 12, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "ZipRecuiter will definitely help you with your staffing needs."

• Having the ability to search resumes for qualified candidates is a definite time saver.
  • You can search multiple applicants, add notes to their profile and rate the candidates.
  • You can send group emails to candidates for clients that have multiple job openings.
  • You have the ability to search for candidates by keyword, City, Zip, or even by setting a radius from your location.
  • Recruiters should have the ability to see if a candidate that has already been contacted. Some candidates apply to several open positions with our company and we have multiple recruiters contacting the same candidate.
  • Ratings do not always show up after reviewing a candidate. This causes the candidate to be contacted more than once by the same office.
ZipRecruiter is well suited for staffing companies that have multiple job openings. We are able to add or subtract the number of job slots that we use in accordance with our business levels. We are also able to only invite the candidates that fit our qualifications, saving our recruiters valuable time.
Read Ray Fisher's full review
December 19, 2018

User Review: "ZipRecruiter Performs"

• They make the process of posting positions relatively easy. While there are plenty of details to help round out your job posting, the UI is simple and easy to use. Sharing to company social media is available as well.
  • Their dedicated account managers are extremely helpful and usually available to speak with you right away.
  • The pricing packages and flexibility of payment options make it an attractive option in this space.
  • They have made some changes to their resume database search functionality that fixed some of the experience issues we were having. The search function is much easier now and more robust.
  • With social media posting, you are only permitted to sign up for one company. We have multiple "brands" that post on ZipRecruiter but, only able to link to one of their social media accounts.
ZipRecruiter has proven to be useful in a variety of scenarios for us. Whether it is a high volume of candidates that we are looking for or one high level position, we have had success with ZipRecruiter. If we were ever having a hard time with a specific position, we could use a Traffic Boost credit to get more visibility for our posting. The resume database is also a great compliment for the posting when you need more candidates.
December 14, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "Great for job posts, and tandem use with an ATS"

• ZipRecruiter allows you to use keywords and tag your posts to reach a wider audience. This is especially helpful for multi-faceted positions in where the title might not include all the descriptors to attract qualified candidates.
  • I really enjoy the wage range comparison feature. As you write a job post it compares the wage you offer to other wages in the area, based on the job title. This is great for keeping an eye on the competition and adjusting to get the best candidates.
  • The resume search feature is also very helpful. I can search by years of experience in a field, job titles or resume keywords, so I don't accidentally overlook the kind of people I am looking for.
  • My least favorite feature is the automatic apply feature. When a candidate applies for say, a customer service job, ZipRecruiter can automatically send out their resume to any job with customer service keywords. This causes issues for me because I get candidates who have no idea that they applied, or they end up applying to my customer service positions that have language requirement they can't fill.
  • I am not fond of how often the filters reset. When I'm searching through my jobs, the filters automatically reset every single time I click on something. This is an annoyance when you're looking for multiple jobs or candidates within the same perimeters.
ZipRecruiter works well for entry level positions, I've noticed we have a higher application rate with lower level jobs vs high experience required positions. It has been extremely helpful for reaching a large audience quickly. Those who have an account receive email updates and notifications about jobs related to what jobs they are interested in.
May 09, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "Mostly Useless"

• Finding new candidates. When sourcing extensively with only one or two platforms, the candidate pool can run dry from time to time. ZipRecruiter typically had some new candidates to bring into the mix.
  • Easy candidate ratings. Trying to use a numerical scale can be clumsy. I appreciate the three thumbs rating option provided by ZipRecruiter.
  • Allows you to search by keywords. Most recruiting platforms provide this feature in their resume database, but it still warrants mention here.
  • I would love the ability to sort by not only current location, but locations a candidate is willing to relocate to.
  • More filters. Comparing the filters available on LinkedIn Recruiter to what ZipRecruiter has to offer really highlights just how much more could be done.
  • Fewer "junk" resumes. ZipRecruiter seems to be rife with candidates in their database that either has no actual resume on file or a two-word resume. There needs to be some way to filter out resumes that are clearly lacking any useful information.
ZipRecruiter has in my experience always been much more practical for sourcing for lower-level, lower-paying roles. If you need to find general labor candidates, customer service personnel, etc., ZipRecruiter can really improve your resume count. However, if you are recruiting for technical or high-level positions, ZipRecruiter falls way short of competitors like LinkedIn Recruiter.
Brad Price profile photo
January 16, 2018

ZipRecruiter Review: "Know what you're in for!"

• ZipRecruiter is a well-known, recognized, trusted brand. That is not something to be underestimated.
  • ZipRecruiter has significant reach, so if you're looking for your job listing to be found, ZipRecruiter is a good place to go.
  • ZipRecruiter appears to have no quality control. I find myself inundated with completely unqualified applications, which is part of the job, but it seems that ZipRecruiter appears to supply more unqualified/irrelevant candidates than many other competitive solutions.
  • ZipRecruiter is not the most user-friendly experience I've had. I can get done what I need to, but some click-reducing changes and simpler UI would be really helpful.
ZipRecruiter is perfect to increase volume of applications and increase awareness of a role you wish to fill. It can definitely lead to finding an ideal candidate. However, it can also fill your workload with unnecessary and irrelevant applications from unqualified candidates. There are also lots of people who apply through "1 click applications" for multiple jobs which means they apply for a role without even looking at your ad, knowing what your company does, or if they accurately fit the requirements for the role.
Read Brad Price's full review
Kerry Higley profile photo
November 13, 2017

User Review: "Happy with ZipRecruiter"

• Sources Quality Candidates
  • User-friendly (super easy to post, and remove jobs)
  • Customer Service - every time I have had a question it is quickly answered
  • Adding the option for qualifying questions would be a great feature.
Again we are recruiters, so we are prepared to handle the inflow of hundreds of resumes per job. I know it can be tough for small employers to handle that many resumes, I think they just need to be prepared for how many they may receive. As I stated before if the option for qualifying questions was added, this would solve that problem.
Read Kerry Higley's full review
Alan Kennedy profile photo
December 19, 2017

ZipRecruiter Review: "not a great fit for a small company"

• the ability to search for applicants based on certain qualifications.
  • the web site and interface is cumbersome, bulky and not user friendly to use.
Better for large businesses who are always searching for applicants. NOT a good choice for a small business only looking for one hire.
Read Alan Kennedy's full review
Daniel Reynolds, MBA profile photo
March 08, 2016

Review: "ZipRecruiter - A must use tool in recruitment marketing"

• Drives applications
  • Drives QUALITY hires
  • Offers a lost cost per applicant ratio
  • Provides great customer services throughout the process
  • Providing a more visual aspect of the process
  • Showing results based on the specific site the job was promoted
  • A more detailed list of sites under their umbrella
I would say that ZipRecruiter is suited for any scenario in which someone is looking to fill open positions. Whether it is 1 or 20, the budget can be set based upon the need and the staff at Zip will help you determine what that budget should be based up your specific needs.
Read Daniel Reynolds, MBA's full review
Andrew Sterling profile photo
April 07, 2015

ZipRecruiter Review: "Great for creating a large resume pool, has some issues with filling roles too specific"

• Volume of candidates
  • Usability and interface
  • Cost of service
  • Levels of customization
  • Improved resume searching
  • The resume viewing system is often buggy
  • Continual status updates
ZipRecruiter is excellent for your standard job board. It sources candidates from a wide area and can generally pull in the candidates from any field of interest. However, while it does general sourcing very well, it is not as optimal for finding specific types of candidates. A key question to ask when choosing ZipRecruiter is "how niche is the position I'm trying to fill?" If you're looking for something "out there" and specific, especially in the information technology field, ZipRecruiter may not be your best bet. Additionally, ZipRecruiter isn't as effective at sourcing C level executives.
Read Andrew Sterling's full review
Bobby Phelps profile photo
September 18, 2014

ZipRecruiter Review: "Efficient and cost-effective tool for recruiters."

• Reach: able to reach a huge market of job searchers by posting a position across multiple platforms.
  • Efficient: very organized and simple rating system to keep track of large pools of candidates.
  • Value: Great product for the price that is paid.
  • Resume formats were sometimes off
  • Email system from ZipRecruiter couldn't negotiate with signature from normal email systems.
ZipRecruiter is great for recruiting and HR personnel, not many others, though.
Read Bobby Phelps's full review
May 02, 2016

ZipRecruiter Review: "A breath of applicant freshness"

• ZipRecruiter has great exposure bringing in a ton of resumes.
  • You have the ability to surf through the applicant database with ease.
  • The user experience design is very user friendly
  • One of the things that may help improve ZipRecruiter is the ability to filter out applicants that are not a 100% match.
  • A questionnaire can be created to filter out applicants.
  • ZipRecruiter is used as an add on , maybe they can improve to become more of a full lifecycle recruiting applicant tracking system.
When you are tired and have beat up or turned over every rock for talent, ZipRecruiter may bring some refreshing candidates. I remember working on a Tech Support role and the commute made this position very difficult. After using traditional job boards I posted on ZipRecruiter and was amazed by the results I received.
September 26, 2014

User Review: "ZipRecruiter is easy!"

• Being able to post on many websites at once
  • Receiving an email with a quick synopsis of each candidate
  • Easy Interface
  • I feel like we didn't really get as many applicants as we expected since the position is posted in so many places, but it could be that people aren't searching for what we are recruiting for.
I don't see where ZipRecruiter would be less appropriate. I would use it to recruit for all positions from entry to C-level. The pull with ZipRecruiter is being able to save time so you don't have to post to all the job boards and you receive all the applications in one place.

Job Requisition Management (14)
Company Website Posting (12)
Publish to Social Media (12)
Job Search Site Posting (14)
Customized Application Form (11)
6.3
Resume Management (14)
6.3
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (10)
6.1
Candidate Search (14)
6.1
Applicant Tracking (14)
6.5
Collaboration (11)
Task Creation and Delegation (8)
5.8
Email Templates (9)
User Permissions (10)
Notifications and Alerts (14)
Reporting (11)
6.7

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a cloud-based platform developed by Ziprecruiter, Inc in California, billed as a cheap alternative to larger ATS platforms or as an aid to be integrated into existing ATS. However it offers a set of features typical of ATS, though narrowed somewhat. Such features are posting to a broad range of job boards rapidly, a mobile format for mobile job seekers, the ability to create brief “real world” questionnaires for candidate screening, integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), a job page with company branding and logo, and (a more rarely found feature) the ability allow unlimited users access to the system without a concomitant price change. Ziprecruiter is targeted to meet the needs of smaller to midsize companies though pricing plans support implementation and use by the large institutions. There are five total levels: Starter, Team, Company, Big Hiring, and Enterprise. Less expensive plans allow fewer simultaneous job postings and a smaller resume database, and the largest plan, which may be custom tailored, supports unlimited postings, a far more capacious database, and dedicated account management. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support.