Horrible

February 18, 2022

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Best of Award, Best Of Feature Set 2021
TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2020

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ZipRecruiter, and make your voice heard!

Simple

Enterprise

$339

2 Users per Account, Customizable Active Job Slots

What is ZipRecruiter?

ZipRecruiter is a cloud-based platform developed by Ziprecruiter, Inc in California, billed as a cheap alternative to larger ATS platforms or as an aid to be integrated into existing ATS. However it offers a set of features typical of ATS, though narrowed somewhat. Such features are posting to a broad range of job boards rapidly, a mobile format for mobile job seekers, the ability to create brief “real world” questionnaires for candidate screening, integration with social networking sites (e.g. LinkedIn), a job page with company branding and logo, and (a more rarely found feature) the ability allow unlimited users access to the system without a concomitant price change. Ziprecruiter is targeted to meet the needs of smaller to midsize companies though pricing plans support implementation and use by the large institutions. There are five total levels: Starter, Team, Company, Big Hiring, and Enterprise. Less expensive plans allow fewer simultaneous job postings and a smaller resume database, and the largest plan, which may be custom tailored, supports unlimited postings, a far more capacious database, and dedicated account management. Transitioning and implementation is supported via live business hours customer support.

ZipRecruiter Technical Details

What is ZipRecruiter?

ZipRecruiter is a cloud-based ATS platform. It offers a basic set of features typical of ATS, including job board posting, a mobile format, candidate screening, integration with social networking sites, white labelling, and unlimited users. Ziprecruiter is targeted at SMBs.

What is ZipRecruiter's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 4.8.

Who uses ZipRecruiter?

The most common users of ZipRecruiter are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Staffing & Recruiting industry.

I signed up for the free trial. First mistake. I missed the daily charge for the job listing unless you turn it off your listing. You will be charged until you turn off your listing, you're not charged for each candidate you review (at least during the free trial). I looked at the candidates on the first day and saw only 1 possible candidate that might be worth an interview. On the second day, There were no candidates that were interesting to our company. Two days later (on a Saturday), a sales representative called & started giving me tips about how to get better candidates after I told her I wasn't seeing the types of candidates I had hoped for. She sent me some emails. I did not open them or respond in any way because I was not interested. A month later I received a fraud alert phone call from my bank with a Zip Recruiter charge for $525.76. I phoned Zip Recruiter & asked them to refund my money since I did not use the service. The representative noted that she could see there has been no activity from me other than the first two days of the free trial. She said she could not authorize a refund & that would have to come from the sales representative who called me a month earlier. (Of course, that was a run-around. What sales rep authorizes a refund?) The sales representative called me after receiving an email stating I called & asked for a refund. The sales rep spent nearly 15 minutes on the phone with me telling me how I am the problem, of course, I had bad results because my job description was too broad then she said it was too specific. She was all over the place and getting snarkier and snarkier as the conversation continued. I ended the call politely & let her know that when I said "I'm not interested, I meant I'm not interested." She very arrogantly stated, "Well, I'm not in charge of refunds. I don't see any reason why you would be granted one anyway." Zip Recruiter probably makes a ton of money from the free trial people. Never, ever sign up for a free trial! If they were a decent company, they'd say, "Yes, it is clear you never used any services beyond the free trial. As a matter of fact, you didn't even use the services for the full free trial time. We have that documented. We'll grant you a refund." But, it's not a decent company. Avoid the free trial unless you want to end up with a $500+ bill! A job listing costs $16/day.
  • I wasn't around long enough to find out.
  • It could ask potential customers to opt-in as opposed to opting out before they begin charging you after the free trial ends.
  • They could bill weekly so that potential customers could not be slammed with a 30-day bill when they did not turn off their free trial listing.
I can't honestly answer this because I did not stick around long enough to fully experience their services. I just wasn't impressed with the candidates I received during the free trial. The process of using ZipRecruiter as my pseudo "employment office" was too time-consuming. I dipped my toe in and decided it wasn't for me.
Matthew Carswell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ZipRecruiter to help us get access to candidates.
  • Selling their services
  • Advertising
  • Convincing you to use their service
  • Their sign-up process is a con. They put in very small writing that they will charge you every day until you turn it off. This is something that should be very clearly stated.
I really don't think this company provides anything valuable in the way of service. If they did, they wouldn't have to trick you into paying. Small writing and a checkmark before you do your "free posting" is an incredibly deceptive way of trying to make money.
I loaded a European Automotive Technician Professional job onto Zip Recruiter and the results of the applicants were line cooks from McDonald's, Painters, Chicken House Workers, etc. ZERO applicants with European automotive experience - or regular automotive experience. I immediately within 24 hours contacted Zip Recruiter who told me to duplicate my ad in other cities, which I did. A month later I had 3 applicants who had the experiences listed above and a bill from ZipRecruiter for $780. Absurd! Never will I ever recommend this company. A gentleman called me about 2 weeks AFTER I stopped the ads and told me he thinks there is a much better way to sign up for a plan to help me. I was taken aback because, why wouldn't you call me and tell me this from the get-go instead of waiting until you bill me nearly $800? Poor service. They want money and are not interested in actually helping you find a qualified candidate. This service may work if you don't need educated and skilled staff but it's not an appropriate resource for someone looking for a specific skill set.
  • Charge you a LOT of Money and COLLECT money from you
  • Call you when you cancel your jobs to offer a way to collect more money
  • Get you candidates that have nothing to do with your listed job
  • Provide qualified candidates! That would be cool!
  • Provide feedback on best plans BEFORE you pay in big money and cancel them subsequently
  • Close their ripoff business model and save business owners the headache
This company is unable to provide qualified candidates. They sent me painters, line cooks from restaurants, excavation workers, garage door installers, shipping and receiving workers, etc. I did not receive ONE qualified candidate. NOT ONE. At the 24 hour mark, I called to advise I could look in the resumes and find candidates but their information was NOT provided to me to contact them. Instead, they have to be matched. But the Zip Recruiter system does not match qualified candidates to your jobs. I was told to add keywords but when she looked at the job she said they were all there. So she then told me to add my job to other cities, which I did then do. THEN I spoke to a gentleman who said he would have the 'boost' removed from the account - but that never happened either. This company cannot source skilled jobs. If you need professional skills - this is NOT the place to find an employee.
  • no training
What support? The phone call didn't change the candidates.
Ray Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our recruiters use ZipRecruiter to search for qualified candidates for our client's open job orders. We also use ZipRecruiter to search for internal employees. ZipRecruiter allows us to invite multiple qualified candidates to our office to interview for open positions. Not only does ZipRecruiter save time in our office but it also allows our recruiters to be productive in selecting the candidates that best fit our needs. We have been working with ZipRecruiter for the past 5 years and will continue to use their services.
  • Having the ability to search resumes for qualified candidates is a definite time saver.
  • You can search multiple applicants, add notes to their profile and rate the candidates.
  • You can send group emails to candidates for clients that have multiple job openings.
  • You have the ability to search for candidates by keyword, City, Zip, or even by setting a radius from your location.
  • Recruiters should have the ability to see if a candidate that has already been contacted. Some candidates apply to several open positions with our company and we have multiple recruiters contacting the same candidate.
  • Ratings do not always show up after reviewing a candidate. This causes the candidate to be contacted more than once by the same office.
ZipRecruiter is well suited for staffing companies that have multiple job openings. We are able to add or subtract the number of job slots that we use in accordance with our business levels. We are also able to only invite the candidates that fit our qualifications, saving our recruiters valuable time.
The ads make it sound like they give u great leads and if you pay the prem you get even better candidates. I posted a need for a builder, a person with construction experience. What do I get for 24 bucks a DAY!!!! Pizza delivery drivers! Worst service EVER!!! And the rep will not take my calls or return my emails! I could hardly get anyone to help me cancel. I will continue to report these people because my God I need a qualified person that’s why I put my job on their site and what did I get less money in my bank account, that’s what I got!
  • Nothing
  • They are good at taking your money
  • And not finding you a qualified person
  • Let’s go with sending me people I asked for not pizza delivery drivers for my CONSTRUCTION JOB!
  • Stop false advertising
  • Don’t upsell if you cannot deliver!
It’s not appropriate for helping anyone hire people that’s for sure. I would give them negative numbers if I could.
February 18, 2022

Horrible

I went on to post a couple jobs and accidently click the ridicules monthly subscription. Only had it on less the a week and tried to get some money refunded and they said no. I feel it's a Total rip off!!!!!!!!
  • Nothing
  • Accounts
Unacceptable billing practices from my experience.
ZipRecruiter failed to gather any promising candidates for the job we posted. Despite claiming they posted the job to hundreds of job boards.

I was charged almost $500 for posting the job for 18 days straight. At no time during that process was I notified of any candidates. I was also never informed to check in and see how the posting was performing. Because of this, the daily rate continued to rack up charges on our card, only realizing this astronomical charge when paying the CC this month.

We will never used ZipRecruiter simply because they didn't not deliver us any results at all. With this horrible performance, the best they could offer is a half refund, which in these times is simply unacceptable. Steer clear of ZipRecruiter. Concurrently we used Indeed as a hiring platform and received many qualified applicants we were able to hire on the spot. Pitiful service and platform.
  • Neglecting to tell you about charges accumulating despite not delivering any results
  • Daily ad updates to reflect on performance
  • Reminders that our ad was running
  • Post optimization to attract candidates
Will not recommend at all. The best they could do just wasn't enough.
We are a recruiting agency and have been using ZipRecruiter to source positions for multiple companies across the country.
  • Trying to sell you a larger package.
  • Increasing rates.
  • Lowering value.
  • It would be nice if they would actually have software that works.
I work for a staffing company and have used Ziprecruiter for 5 years. They used to be great. But the last 2 years have been anything but.

Last year I had 50 job openings posted, and in 5 days, got over 350 applicants. In a middle of a pandemic! The same jobs were posted for the same time period this year and I have 37 applicants. 1/10th of what they did last year. 18 of the ads have been viewed by no one!

Last year I was paying $1400/month for the ads this year they want $3000.

They recommended opening a new account. Did that and paid $2000 for 20 ads. Barely any improvement. This company used to be great. Now, you should use Indeed or Glassdoor.
We opted to trial ZipRecruiter after trying Indeed last year and given our usual channel for promoting openings (LinkedIn) is not proving effective right now. I asked my Sales Development Team Leader to test it and provide pricing options, as well as a recap of his experience. We have other openings in the organization now and other department managers have been curious about our experience.
  • Large Database
  • Invite Applicants
  • Reasonable Pricing and Variety of Options (pay by day or month)
  • Sales & Customer Service (Unresponsive)
In over 20 years of experience, I have never seen such a lack of professionalism and competency from a sales representative. Once my Team Leader was able to conduct the trial, we decided that we would only need the $16/day subscription as the higher-priced plans were overkill for one entry-level position.

As the trial neared completion, the sales representative contacted my Team Leader and was very aggressive in attempting to talk him into the highest-priced package even though it did not meet our needs whatsoever. He declined and let the rep know we'd like to proceed with the daily plan. Apparently, ZipRecruiter does not want our business as he has contacted the rep multiple times over the course of a week. When that didn't work, he contacted Customer Service whose only suggestion was to contact the rep's manager (at least they provided contact info). Now we're being ghosted by the sales manager.

It truly is mind-boggling that any legitimate organization would operate in this way. If they don't want to sell the $16/day plan, why is it even an option? I could not be more disappointed in ZipRecruiter's lack of professionalism and basic competence.
We are a small non-profit with one half-time employee. That person is leaving so we posted the job with ZipRecruiter. We received 26 resumes with the most bizarre experience. One was close to our job description and [I found that] the rest were ridiculously unacceptable and obviously not really looking to apply for this job. [To me,] it was a tremendous waste of our time and money.
  • [In my experience,] they attract a lot of candidates that are not suitable for the position
  • [From my point of view,] they charge far too much for their services. We paid an average $21 for resumes
  • [In my opinion,] they encourage candidates to phish
  • They should review their billing structure
  • They need a process for weeding out candidates that send blanket resumes to all employers
I wouldn’t recommend them for any employer unless you don’t mind spending $21 a resume for a lot of inappropriate resumes and waste a lot of your time.
I'm a semi-retired Solutions Architect looking for Part-Time Remote Work.

ZipRecruiter has many such job postings.

I have asked their Technical Support how to structure the Query so that it Answers MY Request.

[I believe] they just send me the same formal reply that [does] NOT Come close to Answering My Specific Question.

I applaud their efforts to use AI to minimize their Human Costs.

But, [I feel] they are failing for BOTH Search and Alerts!!!

• Trying to learn how to Apply AI
  • Does a good job of collecting Job Postings from many other sites
  • When they know about an application you've submitted, they do a good job of tracking and reporting status
  • [I feel] they do NOT help the User configure Custom Alert or Search Filters
  • [I believe] their Custom Alert and Search Filters DO NOT WORK AS SUGGESTED
  • [I believe] their Customer Support is TERRIBLE :( Appears to be very primitive AI
  • [I feel there] does NOT seem to be a way to communicate with a Human :(
It appears to be well suited for the young professional.

While it appears to contain meaningful jobs for me, getting it to filter the extensive set does NOT WORK :(
Our organization used ZipRecruiter when trying to recruit highly skilled professionals for our executive team. We do not use ZipRecruiter across our entire organization, but only within our corporate HQ. ZipRecruiter is great at finding very skilled employees. ZipRecruiter addresses the issue of receiving limited job applicants since it enables us to search for individuals that meet our specific criteria even though they may have not applied to directly to our position. We can then invite them to apply or contact them directly if we believe they are a fit.
  • Search capabilities for employees that did not apply with us
  • Ability to view resumes of non-applicants
  • Salary recommendations for the position you are posting help guide us when we create new positions
  • Better electronic screening of applicants prior to allowing them to apply for a job (i.e. when licenses are required)
  • When cancelling they require that you call them on the phone (you can't cancel online)
  • I'd prefer that subscriptions were more targeted to my hiring needs
ZipRecruiter is well suited if you have the time to search through their resume database. I have been more successful at hiring from their database than from applicants that apply. Due to cost, I would not recommend ZipRecruiter for less expensive hires. I find the applicant pool to be higher-tiered employees than other sites, so depending on the tier of higher I decide whether or not this is the best solution for me.
Gethsun Misesi | TrustRadius Reviewer
[ZipRecruiter is] used by all teams that have open positions or are seeking for talent to fill in but mostly by [the] people operations department.
  • Easy setup and deployment
  • AI matching with [a] perfect candidate with [an] almost fitting description
  • Highly responsive customer service and support
  • Check on high volumes of fake jobs/accounts and intrusive spam content on email
  • Increase the length of the trial period at least to accommodate completion of one recruitment cycle
  • A bit highly-priced in comparison with other providers
ZipRecruiter comes in very handy when you need top talent from a broader geographical reach quickly and perfectly matching all your criteria. Also very suitable for small to mid-sized organisations with not so heavy talent processing due to the spamming cannot be ideal for a mass recruitment exercise as sorting through tons of resumes to discern the right ones can be overwhelming.
Great benefits in getting more quality candidates and much less time to hire, have been of crucial to the growth of the business and has made the company build a quality team and expand the business to get high productivity, it is an incredible team building tool. it has the option to incorporate a job widget, which lists all open jobs, on the company website. Very useful in helping to put our opportunities in front of substantially more effective candidates.
  • ZipRecruiter has a wide distribution that allows you to post to many major job directories and there is no limit to the number of candidates.
  • It has a resume database that you can filter to search by keywords or job category.
  • You can add as many users as you need. You will receive an email every time a candidate applies for one of the company's published jobs.
  • Easy to use, the automation and process is extremely easy to set up.
  • It works very well and there is nothing to dislike, what I would advise is that you find a way to attract more candidates to register with ZipRecruiter.
Excellent way to simplify tasks. It offers a quick and easy way to post your postings in front of millions of candidates, and you can manage all potential applicants through an online interface. You can quickly set up an account by entering your name, email address, phone number and company name, which can be customized to each company's liking. This makes organization a breeze.
Sue Kwon, MBA PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ZipRecruiter throughout the whole organization and we have a 10 job slot package to recruit for a company with about 1,000 employees. We use it for employment advertising and posting open positions. We first started using ZipRecruiter in 2015 after a free-trial offer and found that it generates the candidates needed to fill certain hard to fill specialty positions. We found that it works great for positions in building maintenance and other skilled positions.
  • Filtering the right candidates.
  • Views of job postings from potential candidates.
  • Candidate export function.
  • Account rep is always changing.
  • Texting ability.
  • Less mail ads to customers that already have ZipRecruiter.
ZipRecruiter is more suited for a company where there are always hiring year-round. You are offered job slots where you can switch out the position if you have filled it. ZipRecruiter is good when the position is initially posted since the software sends your company's job posting to hundreds of other job websites. I like that there are knockout questions that candidates can answer, if they answer a question incorrectly; the candidate will be hidden and this saves the time of the recruiter. There are additional questions recruiters can program into ZipRecruiter and it saves valuable time, such as desired hourly pay and availability.
We use ZipRecruiter for hiring employees and I have personally used it to find a job. It works great! Helps you find employees or employees fast and cuts through all of the unnecessary jobs to find you the ones that are catered to you or find the candidates that skills are catered to your business. Highly recommed!
  • Matches candidates to the right job
  • Easily create job postings and gain feedback
  • Allows you to apply to multiple jobs at once as a user
  • Not a lot to complain about with ZipRecruiter. A little pricey may be the only thing I can think of.
[ZipRecruiter] was a life saver when trying to apply to jobs and has been awesome in helping us find new employees. Easy to use, easy to apply and create job postings. It is the best job searching and finding tool on the market I believe.
April 20, 2021

ZipRecruiter

We were hiring for a position in our Credit Department and used ZipRecruiter to post that position. I have only used it for that department. It helped us to receive and filter through candidates for this position.
  • Ease of use.
  • Prompt responses.
  • Manageability of candidates.
  • Contact of candidates.
ZipRecruiter was helpful to us. We received several applicants to the position we offered. I would not say that they were all the most qualified, but we did receive several that were worth follow up. Although, we did not end up hiring any of these candidates.
Jennifer Beck | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use ZipRecruiter as a recruitment platform for our open positions. 99% of my hiring is done from ZR and my fill time is an average of 10 days or less.
  • Presenting candidates when a job is posted for potential matches.
  • Easy to use.
  • Separates candidates that do not meet criteria or do not answer prehire questions so you can look at optimal candidates first.
  • Easy to post links to the company website.
  • Maybe require more information if they choose not to post a resume.
  • Make a plan in between 3 jobs and 10 jobs that is more price friendly.
I think it is very well suited for my company. We have 130 employees currently but that can change quickly. I have used it for 1 open position and I have used it for 12 open positions in the same company. It was easy to use for either amount of open positions.
Sometimes they get pushy on monthly sales call
Ryan Chies | TrustRadius Reviewer
As the Executive Director of a rural skilled nursing campus, we faced the challenge of recruiting nurses to our community. I reached out to ZipRecruiter for assistance in solving this issue. I was assigned a recruitment specialist that understood our need and how to best approach our recruitment strategy. I was very impressed with the way ZipRecruiter maintained communication and made adjustments to our recruitment strategy during our campaign. ZipRecruiter was mindful of our budget and maximized those funds to the most impactful areas. We were able to attract a handful of nurses to our community by working with ZipRecruiter. I would utilize ZipRecruiter for future recruitment campaigns.
  • Maximizes your budget.
  • Understands your target audience.
  • I have no suggestions at this time.
ZipRecruiter was amazing with helping our rural healthcare skilled nursing home set up a strategic recruitment plan. They communicated brilliantly and were mindful of our budget. The portal is easy to use and the resources available great. We were able to see success due to the attention our ZipRecruiter specialist gave us. I would recommend this service to anyone.
The support specialist assigned to our account had real knowledge of our profession and hiring needs. They put together a great strategic plan that was monitored weekly so adjustments could be made timely. The customer service was off the hook and would recommend this service to anyone, especially rural businesses.
We used this platform across our entire organization. It helped increase our viability for our open positions by adding to multiple recruiting sites. We operate within multiple markets so it is important to utilize multiple sites in order to get a good selection of qualified candidates. It was different than the other sites we have used.
  • Allows you to review resumes without the applicant applying.
  • User-friendly
  • Not as user-friendly as Indeed.
  • Has spread less across the US.
Good to use as an alternative or if you want to take the time to search through resumes of the current pool of candidates. Takes more time to use than other sites and I think fewer people go on this site than others.
It is average. They have the opportunity for growth and might be a good option if you are a bigger company that has a surplus of candidates.
We are a consulting company, providing HR and recruiting support to our clients. We post at least 3 openings at any given time, usually the ones that do not require complex sourcing. We use our own ATS to post all the openings, then use a link to our ATS when positing jobs to Zip. The 3 openings package fits our needs most of the time.
  • It provides great editing tools, and key words based on the position posted.
  • Zip posts the jobs in real time, right away as soon as you are ready to post.
  • Zip reaches a large audience quite quickly.
  • The resumes they share once a job is posted are way too broad. They are not specific enough to the job requirements, and some of them are very old. They need a lot of work in this area. As of right now, I don't even bother using it anymore.
  • The editing tool fights with you sometimes, when making bullet points and numbered sections. It would be easier if it would copy and paste exactly what I paste from my MS Word docs.
  • The fees to add broadcast options are VERY pricey for us small companies to use.
Zip is well suited for more general positions such as an Accountant, or Admin Assistant. When the positions have some very industry specific criteria, it has a hard time capturing those details for example (Outside Sales - Quartz Manufacturing) = it takes the details from Outside sales, but doesn't take Quartz.
I rated it a 7 out of 10. It functions well, it works quickly, it reaches a large audience, but it has room for improvement by my previous statements that I elaborated on earlier in this review such as the editing limits, and too broad of resumes they send you once you post a position is why I gave it a 7.
It is used in our organization alongside a few other platforms. It is being used across the whole organization, and it addresses issues in trying to find suitable applicants for our positions. As a school in a small area, it can be hard sometimes to find people who are qualified for the position but ZipRecruiter brings those applicants to us.
  • Brings applicants who are qualified to your organization.
  • Eliminates the need to go searching for people.
  • Helps shorten hiring process.
  • I think there is room for improvement on their website stylistically.
  • I think it needs to expand the types of jobs it includes, or at least try to add more!
I think ZipRecruiter is well suited for companies looking to fill a position, for an applicant looking to find the perfect job, or even just if you are looking to see how a position at two companies differs in rating and pay. I think it is less appropriate for waitressing jobs, or small scale companies, while I have seen some success in this area I think that it is better suited for larger companies.
If ever needed, ZipRecruiter customer support is hands-on and very helpful. I have found that when reaching out they are warm, welcoming, and kind and can direct you wherever you need to go in order to best support your needs. Although, the platform itself is easy to use and customer support is not necessary very often.
Mark Rueckert | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have gained much of the benefits from the whole recruiting procedure which had allowed me to gain more insights about the right candidates and connecting me with them. It allows me to filter the high caliber candidates in a more efficient way rather than the standard channels which only brings out the available individuals. It always led me towards making the right choices for me as well as for my company.
  • Well, it is quite easy to post the required position without any kind of struggle at all and within few minutes its starts filtering the appropriate candidates for you.
  • The ads are visually pleasing and attract a greater audience with creative content lines.
  • We can also filter the right candidate for us by targeting specific candidates, location, education and experience.
  • This tool has some serious issues. The foremost thing that requires utmost improvement is their own customer support which always doesn't respond to us in more direct way.
  • They always try to lure us with some hefty pricey plans which are not even required at all.
  • There's also an abundance of notifications and alerts that we have to sort out manually.
Zip recruiter is the fastest way to post a job and get AMAZING candidates. I've never seen a better pool of people than what I received through this platform. Their tool is easy to use and allows you to target the exact right people. I am very satisfied with this tool!
The support was pretty good, but they did struggle in responding on time. Once they responded, things were great. But timely response is important when posting a job. We have a limited time frame to find the new employee and I don't want to spend precious time waiting for support to answer my concern. But I rarely have to reach out.
February 26, 2020

Top Talent Today

I currently use ZipRecruiter to post any open positions that my company has a need to fill. I am the only one out of my Human Resource department to use it but they all have access to it if needed. It's a great resource to review resumes of applicants and connect with any candidates if needed. I am able to make any changes to my open positions at any time if needed which is nice because if we are not getting many candidates we can try to make it more appealing to a certain pool of talent.
  • Quickly posts open positions.
  • Send my job openings to other great job sites.
  • Customer service always trying to up sell when you just want help.
  • Resume search seems to be outdated.
ZipRecruiter is a great interactive source to use when trying to fill your company's positions. It allows you to quickly post your job and almost instantly start getting applicants for as many job slots as you may have. You can then connect with these applicants through ZipRecruiter or by yourself. It's a great way to get your company's name out there. The only thing I wish ZipRectuiter did better would be to track an applicant once you have reached out to them. You can rate applicants which is nice, but then they just sit there until you hire or close your position.
ZipRectuitier has a great customer service team available to you at any time. They are able to jump right into your position and track down what you're missing or what can help you stick out from the rest. With that being said, they have great suggestions on how to connect to certain talent pools since they are the professionals. Their only downfall is they are constantly trying to up sell you and if you're in a position like me, you have a certain budget to work with and not a lot of wiggle room.
ZipRecruiter is used across all departments of our business. It is one of the best hiring tools we have, and since we are a small business it is hard for us to post on our own site for candidates. Having a one-stop job posting site is the best HR solution that a business like us needs.
  • Finding great candidates.
  • Helping filter through bad leads.
  • Cost needs to come down for small businesses.
  • Extend the free trial period.
ZipRecruiter has a nice database of candidates that is relatively easy to search. They provide no shortage of candidates applying for positions. It is a good site for posting and praying, or if you have open parameters for filling a position. Plus ZipRecruiter has an excellent note-taking ability. It timestamps each note on the candidates, which makes it very easy to track. The ability to send emails individually or in a group worked seamlessly, which I truly enjoyed.
I am rating ZipRecruiter and Indeed at 9/10 because they are both the best options right now. No one should ever get a 10/10 because there is always room for improvement, but I do believe that ZipRecruiter has built a system that is full service and easy to use.