Likelihood to Recommend
While not expensive, it is better suited to larger organizations since the requirement for an administrator is not easily maintained at lower user counts. Although the more a site uses it "out of the box" without configuration, the less the requirement for a system administrator.
- Adapts to business processes by changing the work process layout and use of alerts, macros for channeling work to those involved. This allows an organization to easily change metrics, business process, even portfolio configurations as they evolve over time.
- Placing large volumes of data into a meaningful context based on flexible, user defined parameters helps management stay in tight control of organization performance and direction.
- Allow users at client sites to be the masters of their own implementation by providing a wide variety of configuration options to the end-user administrators. This minimizes future costs of new system acquisition or waiting on a vendor for system changes.
- Organization is still growing and needs to adapt to a rising volume of client needs for consulting, training, core development.
- Major part of corporate oversight is from Europe and is still adapting to US work requirements, responsiveness, communication channels.
Hands down, Planisware is the most configurable system available. Every page has design panels with hundreds of configurable options. In addition, a full suite of widgets that can be designed and configured from scratch provides for implementing any business process against any number of roles. While it can be used "Out of the Box", I have only encountered a couple of clients who have not chosen to adapt it to specific requirement they have had.
Return on Investment
- This is always hard to gauge since we don't have metrics for "did nothing" to compare against. An old Business Roundtable white paper indicated that a 10% reduction in expense could be attained, but I don't think a general statement like that applies to any specific organization unless they can say their Project Management Maturity level is low.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?