Likelihood to Recommend
For Microsoft shops that are doing custom development on the Microsoft cloud platform in Office 365 and Azure, the Rencore toolset is an absolute must, especially if you are involved in converting farm solutions to cloud, or just moving into cloud development for the first time.
- Unique expert knowledge of their target platforms. Not many companies have such a unique position in their target market. Their employees have a deep understanding of SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure and also regularly advise Microsoft on these matters.
- Community involvement and contribution to open source projects. Key employees at Rencore are considered thought leaders in their area of expertise and contribute to high profile Microsoft open source initiatives.
- Rencore's unique position when it comes to code quality analysis in the SharePoint space sets it apart. There's really no alternative.
- Platform governance is another Rencore strength. No other product provides the insights into your SharePoint Online environment with full auditing of not only configuration changes but also who changed which code where and when. Again no alternatives exist.
- Rencore's product line is of course still a bit of a niche: SharePoint code quality is not something every organization on the planet is concerned with - although Rencore does much more than that.
- We feel Rencore's marketing efforts are mainly targeted at technologists. There's a lot of other potential, especially for their platform governance product.
Based on 2 answers
I don't know of any products that compete in the space and if there were any, they would not stand a chance against Rencore. Behind any good product is a team of highly skilled individuals, who all have the same goal, who are passionate what they do and lastly, are in it for the betterment of where they started; As Developers themselves. You can't buy that
Return on Investment
- The clear impact was the amount of time saved code reviewing or going through lines of code marked off by other tools that are not relevant. We cannot put a number on it since the project started off with the tool in place but based on the rules applied it could be as high as 20% of the project time.
Using third party libraries allows you to build your SharePoint and Office 365 applications faster and focus on functionality specific for your organization. But regularly, security vulnerabilities are discovered in these external dependencies. If left unpatched, they become a security risk for your organization and its data. Rencore automatically warns you when any of the third-party libraries used in your applications has known vulnerabilities that could be exploited to hack your environment.See All (13) Rencore Screenshots
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?