Reviews (1-1 of 1)
July 12, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Our dev team uses dbForge Data Compare for MySQL to sync data between pre-prod environments, look for differences in data for troubleshooting, and generate update scripts to sync other environments. Data Compare's comparisons can be customized for different scenarios and saved for re-used and sharing among the team. It also allows you to sync different sets of data between environments.
- Compare entire or subset of MySQL tables between databases
- Configure comparison rules
- Sync data between compared databases depending on differences
- Save comparison rules for reuse and sharing
- Break down differences between missing/new records, or different records
- See differences highlighted per field
- Execute sync immediately, or save as an SQL script file
- Command-line tool that can be used to add comparisons to deploy scripts
- Comparison can be very slow on large datasets.
- Comparing records that are *different* is clunky, especially for tables with many fields.
Read Anthony Aziz's full review
Data Compare covers two main use cases for us:
1) Keep data in sync between our development, test, and staging environments. When a full database import isn't practical, we will use Data Compare to sync data for key tables. We use this for configuration tables as well as operational test data.
2) Troubleshoot prod issues. When we have trouble reproducing user issues, Data Compare helps us compare our test environment data vs prod environment data to identify problems.
dbForge Data Compare for MySQL Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About dbForge Data Compare for MySQL
Categories: Database Management
dbForge Data Compare for MySQL Technical Details