https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Vp/mX/5DEM0V8X1OG2.pngHAProxy - Look no further - THE only load balancing solution you will ever needWe use HAProxy primarily to load balance our traffic to our systems. It allows us to have highly available systems that we can easily scale out on in as necessary. We also use it to load balance traffic to our database servers, so load is evenly distributed, and it we want to add or remove a node(s) we can do so without adjusting any application configs.,Allow traffic to systems to be distributed evenly, providing high availability Allow restrictions to resources using OAuth tokens Allow load balancing of databases,A few, rare times each year, HAProxy CPU utilization spikes to 100% and server has to be rebooted - this may be related to HAProxy OR it could be an external factor causing this.,10,HAProxy has saved us money on many fronts, and really fulfilled our expectations in each use of it we have deployed.,WS02,Jenkins, Docker, Elasticsearch, MySQLHA Proxy ReviewI currently have HAProxy set up for myself. It is acting as a front end to my MariaDB and PostgreSQL databases. I also have it handling my postfix setup between my site-to-site VPN tunnels. It works great! The stats page helps a lot!,Load balancing Clustering,Configuration examples,10,Low-cost deployment Limited support for free product Mailing list response is not the quickest (maybe implement a forum?),F5 BIG-IP and Kemp LoadMaster,Kemp LoadMaster
HAProxy

HAProxy Reviews

HAProxy
Filter 7 vetted HAProxy reviews and ratings
December 18, 2017

Review: "HAProxy - Look no further - THE only load balancing solution you will ever need"

• Allow traffic to systems to be distributed evenly, providing high availability
  • Allow restrictions to resources using OAuth tokens
  • Allow load balancing of databases
  • A few, rare times each year, HAProxy CPU utilization spikes to 100% and server has to be rebooted - this may be related to HAProxy OR it could be an external factor causing this.
HAProxy is a lightweight load balancer that just works. It requires a minimal footprint and really just works once set up correctly. It can balance a web app, APIs, database connections and more. I've used competing products that just don't compete with HAProxy in my experience. The community version is rock solid, as is the enterprise edition.
Andrew Meyer profile photo
June 06, 2017

HAProxy: "HA Proxy Review"

• Load balancing
  • Clustering
  • Configuration examples
For an open source load balancer, this is great. Works easily out of the box. Configuration is what will take the longest amount of time. But it will expose you to how a load balancer works.
Read Andrew Meyer's full review

HAProxy Scorecard Summary

About HAProxy

HAProxy is a database load balancing solution.

HAProxy Technical Details