HDInsight for MarketingHDInsight is being used with a company I currently consult for. Their marketing department needed help with analytics and managing large files/data and processing it all. It is only being utilized by the advertising and marketing department and it addresses problems that arise when we spend large amounts of money on Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, etc., and want to allocate the expenses.,Shows live changes in analytics. Shows you how social media is working for us. Since we promote weekly events this is something that we really need to pay attention to. Azure in itself is very user-friendly, HDInsight is a great addition. For our purposes, we definitely also utilized the power query to translate data to Excel.,The only problem I have come across is when loading large volumes of data I sometimes get an error message, I assume this means something is corrupt from within. I would love a way for this to be resolved without having to start over.,9,The positive impact is high for our overall business objective; which is to advertise our events, sales, and new merchandise. ROI cannot be compared.,,Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Project Server
Microsoft Azure HDInsight

Microsoft Azure HDInsight Reviews

Microsoft Azure HDInsight
Filter 23 vetted Microsoft Azure HDInsight reviews and ratings
October 13, 2016

Microsoft Azure HDInsight Review: "HDInsight for Marketing"

• Shows live changes in analytics. Shows you how social media is working for us. Since we promote weekly events this is something that we really need to pay attention to.
  • Azure in itself is very user-friendly, HDInsight is a great addition. For our purposes, we definitely also utilized the power query to translate data to Excel.
  • The only problem I have come across is when loading large volumes of data I sometimes get an error message, I assume this means something is corrupt from within. I would love a way for this to be resolved without having to start over.
For my purposes it is well suited, being marketing and advertising.
Read Kristin Page's full review

Microsoft Azure HDInsight Scorecard Summary

About Microsoft Azure HDInsight

HDInsight is an implementation of the Apache Hadoop technology stack on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform: It is based on the Hortonworks Hadoop distribution.

Microsoft Azure HDInsight includes implementations of Apache Spark, HBase, Storm, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Oozie, Ambari, etc. It also integrates with  with business intelligence (BI) tools such as Power BI, Excel, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services.