Salesforce Lightning is a suite of rapid application development tools which allow Salesforce users to extend the CRM with custom built applications.Struck by Lightning and Loving ItSalesforce Lightning is the main UX for Sales Cloud and is used across the organization. It addresses productivity improvement.,Keeps you up-to-date on your accounts. There's a great News feature that shows the latest PR or articles about companies in your database. There have been times where I was about to hop on a call only to see the company was recently acquired or recently implemented a company wide-marketing solution. Fantastic intel and save me searching for it. I love the Google address search feature. If I put in the street information, Google will populate the city, state, zip and country. A great time saver when I'm adding new prospects. The Gmail integration is fantastic. It lets me quickly add prospects who contact me via email. It's pretty good at reading signature lines to populate the basic name and contact info. I find the new report builder more powerful when trying to build cross-object reports. Plus I love that you can email the nice new dashboards.,On occasion, Lightning will throw out random errors. The errors can usually be fixed by refreshing your browser but the problem is that when you refresh, you lose the work you just entered. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a real pain. Not all of the Classic features are in Lightning. An example is the recycling bin - you need to switch to Classic to access it. Another example is Joined Reports. I wish there were more out of the box page layouts available. It would be nice to have a three-column page layout in some sections or have a drag and drop page builder. The page layout function needs to be revamped. It would be great if it were easier to add custom metrics in reports (for example formulas or baseline numbers) that could be reused without having to build fields.,9,I would say that data entry time (leads and new contacts) has been reduced by 50% easily. Time spent prepping for discovery calls has been reduced by 10% since Lightning serves up information about the business. Checking the pipeline is a lot faster. In Classic, you can only add 3 components to the home page. Lightning gives you a lot more flexibility to add key KPIs to the home page to manage the business.SFDC Lightning - great with some wonky bitsIt's being used in the sales org at this time (about 50-60 people). The customer success teams use Salesforce Classic at this time since Lightning was just rolled out. Seems like the plan is to roll out to the entire company at some point. It is used as our primary CRM and has integrations with a lot of our different systems (Marketo, Contivio phone system.),Mobile friendly - the app is pretty solid Visually pleasing compared to classic. A bit more intuitive as you can adjust or edit things much easier in Lightning vs Classic.,Some of the flows are....weird. Example - if you are deleting a task or event, it takes you back to the previous page you are on and doesn't stay on the current page you are on. If I'm on an account and use the option to delete the tasks (without clicking into it) it will take me to the search screen. The Activities section doesn't show enough detail. it shows the date you called, but not the TIME that you called. In sales, knowing the time is huge. If you have integrations with other software and you go to edit a page, the selected edit box will jump around randomly and you will end up typing in the wrong area.,8,Helps me manage my accounts and cadences for reaching out. Helps me accurately manage my pipeline Helps our company with forecasting and customer success,Slack, Contivio.com, ADP Workforce Now, G SuiteSalesforce Lightning from the POV of an enterprise software sales org.We use Salesforce Lightning as our main CRM. It stores all lead/prospect and accounts and current customer information. We use it to track the progression of an individual from an inbound lead to an opportunity to a customer. It is our main depository for sales and marketing related documentation. we also use Salesforce Lightning to generate automated email campaigns.,Clean UI Easy to navigate around accounts Customizable report,Ease of use when customizing specific workflows,8,Salesforce has allowed us to have a clear view of our pipeline and where we sit as an organization vs. targets. It enables us to keep current opportunities with potential customers in the forefront of our mind and using tasks as reminders to follow up,HubSpot Sales and HubSpot CRM,Nudge.ai, HubSpot Sales, HubSpotA new look on a classic toolSalesforce Lightning is being used globally, across the whole Rapid7 organization, to provide a receptacle for legacy NetSuite data to make outreach efforts and customer tracking even more visible across all facets of the organization. It saves us time by allowing us to track our efforts, set tasks, send out quotes, make sure there is no double outreach, and increase our ability to be agile in our sales/customer retention/support roles.,Consolidated legacy data from different CRM's Set tasks for outreach Track the sales process and contacts involved Make sure deliverables are held accountable to in a timely manner,Auto logging calls The Salesforce Lightning inbox integration for Gmail is frustrating When using multiple tabs it really bogs down the speed of the application Tasks could have some auto features like date and contact, to minimize the amount of clicking for anticipated tasks,9,Ability to close deals faster Not stepping on partners' toes Increasing time saved by being able to see everything in one place, fast, without having to track someone down to de-brief.,NetSuite CRM+ and NetSuite,CultureIQ, Asana, Xactly IncentUsing Lightning for over a year... meh.Salesforce Lightning is being used by my company to track customers and prospects. It's mostly used to track them in the sales process. Sales department uses Salesforce the most compared to other departments, though support, engineers, and onboarding teams all use it on more of a limited level.,It makes reports look a lot more appealing than Salesforce Classic It is easier to edit in-line items Lightning is more aesthetically pleasing than Classic,It does not map to our version of Classic Multiple clicks to try and find information about a customer, opportunity, or other areas Some buttons on Classic have not ported into Lightning so my team has to switch between Classic and Lightning to accomplish daily tasks.,7,Easier to forecast which helps with sales predictability Negative ROI in the fact that we are wasting time switching between both versions to accomplish tasks that were easily completed on Classic alone Positive ROI in the amount of time spent editing information on a contact, opp, lead, or account page, etc.,HubSpot,HubSpot, Slack, Zoom
Salesforce Lightning

Salesforce Lightning Reviews

Salesforce Lightning
Filter 95 vetted Salesforce Lightning reviews and ratings
Yvette Montague profile photo
November 29, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "Struck by Lightning and Loving It"

• Keeps you up-to-date on your accounts. There's a great News feature that shows the latest PR or articles about companies in your database. There have been times where I was about to hop on a call only to see the company was recently acquired or recently implemented a company wide-marketing solution. Fantastic intel and save me searching for it.
  • I love the Google address search feature. If I put in the street information, Google will populate the city, state, zip and country. A great time saver when I'm adding new prospects.
  • The Gmail integration is fantastic. It lets me quickly add prospects who contact me via email. It's pretty good at reading signature lines to populate the basic name and contact info.
  • I find the new report builder more powerful when trying to build cross-object reports. Plus I love that you can email the nice new dashboards.
  • On occasion, Lightning will throw out random errors. The errors can usually be fixed by refreshing your browser but the problem is that when you refresh, you lose the work you just entered. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a real pain.
  • Not all of the Classic features are in Lightning. An example is the recycling bin - you need to switch to Classic to access it. Another example is Joined Reports.
  • I wish there were more out of the box page layouts available. It would be nice to have a three-column page layout in some sections or have a drag and drop page builder. The page layout function needs to be revamped.
  • It would be great if it were easier to add custom metrics in reports (for example formulas or baseline numbers) that could be reused without having to build fields.
I think that Lightning is suited for most users across all industries. There are just a few kinks that still need to be worked out, but no show stoppers.

If you want to limit the time spend administering the system or writing custom code (VF/Apex), Lightning does have many features and components that can be added and modified with clicks not code. Gone are the days when you need a whole team of people to maintain Salesforce. You can get by with 1 person if it's a small to mid-sized org, and 2-4 if it's a large enterprise.

Lightning works for small business (one user) and large business. It works great for for-profit and non-profit (there's actually a special non-profit version). It also works great across a variety of industries. I can't think of a situation where it wouldn't be a good fit.
Read Yvette Montague's full review
Brian Hopper profile photo
November 19, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "SFDC Lightning - great with some wonky bits"

• Mobile friendly - the app is pretty solid
  • Visually pleasing compared to classic.
  • A bit more intuitive as you can adjust or edit things much easier in Lightning vs Classic.
  • Some of the flows are....weird. Example - if you are deleting a task or event, it takes you back to the previous page you are on and doesn't stay on the current page you are on. If I'm on an account and use the option to delete the tasks (without clicking into it) it will take me to the search screen.
  • The Activities section doesn't show enough detail. it shows the date you called, but not the TIME that you called. In sales, knowing the time is huge.
  • If you have integrations with other software and you go to edit a page, the selected edit box will jump around randomly and you will end up typing in the wrong area.
I love it for sales. It's easy to use and the app is powerful when you are on the go. It's got room for improvement but I would be lost without it.
Read Brian Hopper's full review
Doug Duff profile photo
November 08, 2018

Review: "Salesforce Lightning from the POV of an enterprise software sales org."

• Clean UI
  • Easy to navigate around accounts
  • Customizable report
  • Ease of use when customizing specific workflows
Salesforce Lightning is well suited for either a start-up or a mature company to store and track information on leads and customers. As well as tracking sales progress.

I would not recommend Salesforce Lightning to be the main automated email tool for a company.
Read Doug Duff's full review
Loren Lund profile photo
August 29, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "A new look on a classic tool"

• Consolidated legacy data from different CRM's
  • Set tasks for outreach
  • Track the sales process and contacts involved
  • Make sure deliverables are held accountable to in a timely manner
  • Auto logging calls
  • The Salesforce Lightning inbox integration for Gmail is frustrating
  • When using multiple tabs it really bogs down the speed of the application
  • Tasks could have some auto features like date and contact, to minimize the amount of clicking for anticipated tasks
Salesforce Lightning is best suited for Sales people, Customer Service, Support, and Managers to track employee production. Salesforce Lightning is less appropriate for scenarios where you are attempting to filter through mass amounts of data quickly. They need to increase application speeds to limit frustration and clicks where it is not necessary.
Read Loren Lund's full review
Mark Evans profile photo
August 28, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "Using Lightning for over a year... meh."

• It makes reports look a lot more appealing than Salesforce Classic
  • It is easier to edit in-line items
  • Lightning is more aesthetically pleasing than Classic
  • It does not map to our version of Classic
  • Multiple clicks to try and find information about a customer, opportunity, or other areas
  • Some buttons on Classic have not ported into Lightning so my team has to switch between Classic and Lightning to accomplish daily tasks.
Well suited if you are a big user of the dashboards or reports tabs in classic. It is overall a more cosmetically pleasing experience and some areas of normal frustration have been cleaned up while others are not ready yet. Though, it seems to be pushing out a beta experience because not everything works like it should, and we often have to switch between Salesforce Classic and Lightning to get normal daily tasks completed.
Read Mark Evans's full review
Matthew Finneran profile photo
November 29, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "SFDC lightning vs classic - ehh if you can make it work you should switch, but don't stress about it."

We continue to try and implement SFDC lightning but many users continue to go back to Classic. It's an updated look but that's about it. Overall it feels like SFDC rolled it out too early and immature without matching feature/functionality with classic - only to try and force adoption later on.
  • It's a nicer UI. They started doing some good Js stuff
  • The mobile implementation isn't bad
  • I like how, by using it, you have to click less than with classic. They implemented enough pop-up boxes where you can get some quick things done without the page refreshing each time you click like on classic.
  • Reporting - lots of stuff wrong here.
  • Overall I think SFDC sacrificed some functionality for ease of use. They hid some things whereas before they just splayed all info out on the page, and now there are more tabs etc
  • Wish they wouldn't force everyone to use it so much. Just make your product something people want to use instead of something they have to use.
If you're just starting out with a CRM and currently don't have an SFDC instance, you could probably get away with using Lightning right out of the gate. If you already have an instance that has been customized a lot - then lightning may end up being more of a headache than it's worth.
Read Matthew Finneran's full review
Sarah Stauber profile photo
August 03, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "Critical sales enablement tool"

Salesforce Lightning is critical to our organization and is used by our entire sales team as well as our VP of Sales and consulting services team to manage our end-to-end sales process. Our sales team uses it to manage leads, opportunities, and clients. It allows us to log notes and communications, schedule tasks (i.e. follow up calls), events (i.e. product demos, proposal review calls), and reminders. We also use it to forecast our quarterly sales revenue, which is critical to the business. And it gives us all visibility into which companies are already in conversations with other sales reps in our organization, and which companies might be appropriate to reengage.
  • The platform makes it easy to tracks communications, saving our reps a ton of time with it's Outlook integration for automatic email logging.
  • It's also easy to build custom reports to keep track of individual performance benchmarks for planning.
  • I do miss some of the functionality from Salesforce Classic, like the ability to build a custom home page by user, which is not supported in Lightning.
  • I also have not been able to figure out how to view my "recently viewed" items without seeing what's been recently viewed by all users, although there may be a way I'm not aware of.
I think any sales team with young, computer saavy sales reps, or reps that haven't used a CRM at all before, should opt for Lightning as they seem to be phasing out Classic and adding more and more functionality to Lightning. But if your team has been used to Classic and is resistant to change it might not be worth switching until there's no longer a choice as it could interrupt productivity. It does take a little time to get used to.
Read Sarah Stauber's full review
Christian Banach profile photo
October 01, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "The CRM for Professional Sales Teams"

Our sales team uses Salesforce Lightning to manage leads, contacts, opportunities, and sales activities for our clients. It enables our sales team to make better decisions to generate more opportunities and close more business in less time.
  • Customizable
  • Third-Party Integrations
  • Pipeline Management
  • Clunky UI
  • Requires Professional Implementation
  • Reports
Salesforce Lightning is well suited for professional sales forces, especially those using others sales tools as part of their technology stack. It is less appropriate for less developed sales forces or those not requiring third-party integrations.
Read Christian Banach's full review
Sarah Van Sciver profile photo
September 27, 2018

Review: "Salesforce Lightning Strikes a Great Balance"

We use Salesforce in the Office of Advancement (broadly), and I specifically use it with the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement at CalArts in order to better relate to, serve, fundraise, and friendraise among the greater California Institute of the Arts community. We also enjoy its functionality to pair with and sync with other platforms we use for phonathon, communication, and marketing.
  • Boosts our productivity.
  • WYSIWYG interface.
  • Customizable snapshots, reports, and home screens.
  • Linking multiple systems is great but inconsistent across platforms.
  • Application building requires more work than we anticipated, not as simple a solution as we hoped.
  • Miss some features of other earlier versions.
Salesforce Lightning is well suited in scenarios in which we are concerned with task management, optimizing workflows, and bulk actions. Pipelining and storage of information are excellent, and dashboard customization is really wonderful compared to earlier iterations of Salesforce. Automation of e-mails and reports is great as well, as it enables us to better share and template strategies throughout our department.
Read Sarah Van Sciver's full review
August 20, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "Salesforce is a FORCE for our SALES!"

We currently use Salesforce as our donor management software, and we use it to track not only donations but event attendance and updated contacted information for our alumni community. Every person at our organization has access to Salesforce as our main database for tracking information about our participants and alumni. Salesforce allows us to look up all of the information we would need on a member of our community.
  • Lots of options and flexibility for customization to suit your organization's individual needs. This is great because the system can work for both large or small organizations with a variety of goals and methods of tracking data.
  • The system is well organized and easy to use if you are willing to dedicate the time to understand it and learn how it works, it makes intuitive sense. This is helpful and a strength when training new staff members on Salesforce.
  • Good customer service + ticketing assistance. The system is great because whenever I have encountered issues - mostly having to do with questions about how to use the software itself - I have received help in a timely fashion and it has always been helpful.
  • Salesforce could use some room to improve its reporting system. I find this system is difficult to use and confusing, as some reports that seem to have the same criteria yield different results once the report is run. This is also a part of the system that most staff I train Salesforce to find very confusing and hard to use.
  • Could be overhauled. Salesforce looks okay to use, but I feel that it doesn't have an up-to-date design, at least in the version that we use at our organization. With so many other products constantly updating their tool, it makes Salesforce feel slightly outdated.
  • Can be hard to use or intimidating for a newcomer - I get this feedback a lot from staff I train in Salesforce. They have an extensive FAQ/how to use section on their website, but some of the functionality is genuinely non-intuitive and even though I have been using the system for two years, I still run into questions where I have no idea how to customize something or add new information to the database.
I think Salesforce is very appropriate for tracking your customers or contacts, or in our case donors. I do not have personal experience using any of Salesforce's competitors, as every organization I have ever worked at uses Salesforce. This speaks to the universality of the system, and one of the benefits of Salesforce is how widely it is used and you are not learning some niche system that is only incorporated at one or two organizations. I would say that any company that has customers, or donors, or a group of people that they interact regularly with and needs to track information about, would benefit from using Salesforce to track these people and metrics. The customization of Salesforce lends itself easily to a variety of uses. I would say that Salesforce might not be necessary for a smaller organization where you don't need to track much information about the people you work with.
July 19, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "A CRM Worth Looking At"

Salesforce Lightning will eventually be used across our whole organization for various purposes. Each department is being implemented in phases. Our goal is to have all departments under one system where they can be connected to the same data. This addresses a multitude of business problems, the largest being data integrity.
  • Provides a large platform with many options to fit business needs.
  • Has a modern UI along with a mobile option.
  • The platform is encompassing with cutting-edge technology
  • Marketing Cloud needs a lot of work yet
  • Reported issues are not handled that quickly
  • In some cases, there is missing functionality that no one seems to be addressing
It is well suited for organizations that are looking to track data on Customers/Contacts. We use it for higher education purposes but I could see this being VERY useful for sales/customer relations track. This may be less appropriate for small organizations that don't have the IT resources to get up and going.
August 28, 2018

Review: "Salesforce Lightning allows for analytics and business intelligence in a flash!"

We use Salesforce Lightning as part of our day to day operations in several areas throughout our organization. We have been heavy Salesforce users for a number of years and when this new UI came out we had the option to try it and use it in sales, client support and account management. Salesforce allows us to standardize, build and maintain several business processes.
  • Allows for powerful business intelligence chart/graphs
  • Great sales tools like Kanban views
  • The User Interface is easy to use
  • Missing some of the functionality in Salesforce Classic
  • Takes some time to get used to if you have been using classic for a number of years
Works great for highly visual tasks but not as great for record keeping and maintence
November 29, 2018

"Review for Salesforce Lightning"

We use Salesforce for our resources and referral program. We run a contact center to provide health information and resources for the state. People can contact us through phone, text and live chat. Our agents provide them the resources and refer them to appropriate programs. SF provides the CRM solution for this program.
  • Very helpful to have the lightning layout to create quick data intake while agents are on the phone.
  • Nice drag and drop features.
  • Mobile friendly.
  • Lightning pop-up form's size is fixed and is not flexible enough.
  • When you update the report that links to a chart, the chart doesn't automatically update accordingly.
  • Not all apps work in Lightning - for example, Salesforce's own LiveMessage only works in classic.
It works very nicely for call center chatting. Call and data intake flow seems to follow a very mature workflow, which SF solidly has. We recently added LiveMessage (a product from Salesforce to allow texting). Agents can log into Salesforce Lightning with LiveMessage, but in order to send and receive messages, agents have to switch to Classic. It's not an ideal workflow at all, considering LiveMessage is a Salesforce product as well.
September 24, 2018

Salesforce Lightning Review: "Salesforce: it’s fast as Lightning!"

Salesforce Lightning has replaced a previous donor database, a Microsoft Access database, numerous Excel spreadsheets, and a paper filing system. We can now house all that information in one platform: Salesforce. Lightning is a more user-friendly interface than the Classic version.
  • Sleeker interface