Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 07, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Scrutinizer is able to collect flows from a multitude of network devices, we use it for Netflow statistics from Sonicwall gateways, Aerohive access points, Adtran switches, and other devices. It's able to provide detailed reports and data, give an accurate picture of what applications and services are being used on our network.
- Once configured, Scrutinizer gives an accurate overview of network activity.
- Scrutinizer is able to collect flows from a variety of devices, you are not limited to Cisco.
- DSCP based reporting, which is helpful when attempting to determine how good your wireless network is from a QoS perspective.
- The free version has some limitations that make an accurate evaluation difficult, every day at midnight the data is flushed and you start over.
- If you are purchasing the appliance, you won't have admin access to it.
- Reporting could use some polished graphics and advance filtering features.
If you need a network security forensic tool, this is a great fit. Scrutinizer collects everything you have configured as a target without losing data. If you need an in-depth analysis of your network flows, as in who is doing what with what this is a good fit. Scrutinizer translates a massive about of data into readable tables and reports.
Read Mike Maner's full review
Support is support, they are either there or they are not. Scrutinizer support has been there every time I've needed them. They rely a bit too much on email correspondence, sometimes I want a voice to tell me what to do, and fast.
December 18, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Plixer Scrutinizer is a great netflow collector, security analyzer and an amazing and flexible troubleshooting tool. Reporting and historical data are amazing and it's very easy to maintain. Our security department as well as management use it for analytics, troubleshooting and general day to day operations of our global network.
- Netflow collection, organization and presentation
- Reporting, scheduled reporting and historical reporting are amazing
- Security analytics are particularly useful.
- Better CLI management of the appliance (real or vm)
Read this authenticated review
Any network that is able to send netflow (and alike) will benefit from this product. It's quick, easy to use, and not as expensive as other brands of similar products.