Reviews (1-1 of 1)
December 16, 2015
Score 7 out of 10
Our company uses Teradata to merge various departments across the whole organization. With data coming from many source systems, we are able to use Teradata to enhance our Business Intelligence practices and provide our executives with next-day reporting. Merged data includes sales, customer care, product inventory, and field technician performance.
- Can query multiple databases within one server and view all results in one window. Helps speed up analysis.
- Teradata uses AMPs (Access Module Processors) to increase speed of data processing/queries. You must use 'COLLECT STATISTICS' properly to efficiently use the AMPs.
- Most standard SQL practices work on Teradata. Also, Teradata formats the query in a nice colored structure.
- Can search for tablenames or specific columnnames across the entire server. Helps when changing a specific column or table structure.
- Errors on compiling a procedure are sometimes hard to decipher. Teradata provides a line number of the error but this number does not always match the line number of the procedure in the query window.
- Teradata won't run a query if I copy and paste from my internal company chat. Something with the formatting from the chat creates a syntax error, so I have to take time to rewrite the query.
- I haven't been able to insert multiple new rows into a table with 1 insert. Other SQL programs allow this with a comma, but Teradata makes you create separate inserts for each row.
Read this authenticated review
It is highly applicable for large, corporate companies with data coming from multiple sources. Teradata can be used as an ODS (Operational Data Store) to merge the source data, then it can also be used to create development/UAT databases, and production databases under the same server. It is capable of processing billions of records per day. It is less appropriate for companies with a single source of data.
Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance Scorecard Summary
About Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance
Teradata data warehouse appliance is that company's DWA offering.
Categories: Data Warehouse
Teradata Data Warehouse Appliance Technical Details