Our 2022 B2B Buying Disconnect report—a survey of 2,185 tech buyers—shows year-over-year trends in business technology buying and selling. The sixth-annual report covers significant findings across industries, along with further analysis and insights.
A few of the biggest highlights of the 2022 report:
- Usage of nearly all vendor-provided information sources declined from 2021 to 2022, with vendor reps dropping by 18%
- Virtually 100% of buyers want to self-serve all or part of their buying journey, up 13% from last year
- 41% of Gen Z and 29% of millennials named “check review sites” as the first step in their buying journey
- Buyers want to try before they buy—and they want vendors to enable it
- The vast majority of buyers (81%) want to find pricing information on their own
- With the rise in remote work, collaboration among the buying committee has increased, and is highly unstructured