ConnectWise has become the lifeblood of our organization. We initially started with ConnectWise as just a ticketing system, but over years of use it has grown to an end-to-end solution used by all levels of our organization. We use ConnectWise to handle customer contact information, ticketing, sales, configuration notes, invoicing, and more.
- Ticketing - ConnectWise excels here. Customers can update tickets through a web portal, or via email. Technicians can send an email directly from the ticket. Customer configurations are right at your fingertips, and timekeeping is handled right from the ticket. Workflows and escalation rules can help keep tickets on track, and custom views help pick out the ones that have gotten off track quickly.
- Sales - Sales opportunities can be tracked and scheduled through every step of the process, and ConnectWise integrates with quoting software like QuoteWerks extremely well.
- Project Management - ConnectWise has one of the more robust project management modules compared to other software packages I've seen.
- Document and file management - You can attach documents or files at many different levels, however the management is basic. For example, you can attach a license document to a company, or a router config backup can be attached to a configuration. However, if you use this feature a lot, it can get out of hand quickly.
- Configurations - I would love to see some improvement in this area - both in terms of default templates, and the way in which you can pull data from configurations. Short of writing your own report, it is difficult to concatenate information from multiple configurations. ConnectWise uses a Parent/Child concept when connecting multiple configurations together, which isn't always intuitive.
- Knowledge Base - ConnectWise has a knowledge base feature that is essentially a glorified service ticket search. While you can add Knowledge Base articles, the process isn't simple enough for most of our engineers to bother using.
- Scheduling and Productivity - If you don't already have a ticketing system in place as an IT provider, you're way behind the curve. Once you have the tickets generated, you can assign and schedule them easily. No more waiting for something to do, employees are utilized at a much higher rate.
- Recurring Billing - Using built in features, we have been able to automate our recurring billing processes.
We use ConnectWise and will continue to use ConnectWise because it does exactly what we need it to do.
ConnectWise is designed with IT in mind, but could make the transition into other service based industries easily. Overall, we are happy with ConnectWise. While there are some features that need a little work, the software is very robust and complete. ConnectWise is always releasing updates and improving features based upon the feedback they get from partners. They offer a great deal of training on how to use their product, AND how to improve your business processes based on industry best practices.