Overall Satisfaction with Oracle BPEL Process Manager
We used the entire Oracle SOA suite (which included Oracle BPEL) as part of our initiative to revamp our databases as well as the organization and integrity of our systems operations. We were using a lot of different systems to gather data from many different internal and external sources which was causing data integrity issues as well as slowing down reporting. With Oracle BPEL, we were able to create different applications using these sources very easily thus freeing up time.
- Very user friendly and easy to use. The drop and drop feature makes it a breeze to create different system operations.
- Integration with other Oracle applications is a cinch and the visibility into IT is also very accessible.
- Much faster development time, especially when writing a process from scratch.
- We used cross reference tables frequently at my company which is currently not supported through Oracle BPEL. Adding this functionality would be very beneficial.
- Reporting time decreased in many cases by up to several hours as much of what we had been doing was manual or time consuming.
- Reports themselves were faster based on the application processes we developed as well as the end user retrieval of said reports.
We found it to be most useful when developing workflows based on several disparate applications. Our end user reporting was, frankly, disorganized and there was no apparent logic system to how the process ought to function. As we had made the move to adopt Oracle and its suite of programs as our standard, it made cross functionality/integration very easy for our IT development team as well.