Chef EAS Experience
October 05, 2022
Chef EAS Experience
Manager in Information TechnologyHealth, Wellness and Fitness Company, 1001-5000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Chef Enterprise Automation Stack
- Chef Compliance
- Chef Infra
- Chef InSpec
- Chef Habitat
- Chef Automate
Overall Satisfaction with Progress Chef
We are leveraging Chef Enterprise Automation stack for its numerous benefits. Chef Habitat allows us to be more agile in our application deployment and reducing the installation efforts. Chef Inspec assists with auditing to ensure that the expected changes have been applied. Chef Automate provides a single window into the status of our entire managed fleet of endpoints. These products integrate very well together and make managing multiple large datacenters a lot less effort.
- Communication. The entire staff of different service areas have been very timely in communications
- Helpfulness. We purchased professional services and that team was great helping with our initial onboarding
- Documentation. Documentation is often confusing and trial by error typically leads to desired results
- Learning curve of products. There is steep learning curve for all products offered. Could be more streamlined by less emphasis on various cli tools and more ui functionality for less experienced professionals
- We have reduced our time to deploy application updates from weeks to days
- Our time to mitigate vulnerabilities has reduced from days to hours.
Do you think Progress Chef delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Progress Chef's feature set?
Did Progress Chef live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Progress Chef go as expected?
Would you buy Progress Chef again?
The suite of tools is very powerful. The ability to create custom modules allows for unlimited potential for managing all aspects of a system. However, there is pretty significant learning curve with the toolset. It currently takes approx 3-4 months for new engineers to feel comfortable with our implementation
The entire professional services team was great to work with. The curriculum was tailored to our specific use cases. The group we worked with were very responsive, listened to our feedback, was very easy to schedule and accommodate. I cannot say enough good things about our professional services experience.
The pricing seemed inline with our products in this space. Nothing out of the ordinary in contract, term, or pricing structure
Once the basics are understood, Chef provides a valuable tool in managing the state of systems. The integration of the various tools in the suite, while not perfect, do provide enough flexibility to cover any custom use cases. Chef seems to fit best in organizations that have experienced engineers to have some development background.