Overall Satisfaction with Sage 50
As the owner of a bookkeeping and accounting firm, I recommend Sage 50 to all of my clients and am a Bronze Certified Sage 50 Consultant. We install, implement, train and support Sage 50 exclusively for small business clients. I have looked at many other accounting software packages in the past, including Quickbooks and continue to do so. This remains the only one that I truly trust completely. It is also the software we use in house.
- It is flexible - Sage 50 allows the user to customize the setup and functionality to suit their purposes
- It is stable - I have been using Sage 50 for 20 years and have found in that time that it is built on a solid foundation and you can rely on it keeping your data intact.
- It has an audit trail - this means that Sage 50 is not only doing proper double sided accounting in the background, but that the history of every transaction you make remains in the system and it makes it MUCH easier to find what you are looking for down the road.
- It has built in safety features - as the software is used by non-accounting people, it protects the integrity of your data by preventing entries to improper accounts and dates, something that lead users of other software, including QuickBooks, to make bad decisions off of unreliable financial statements.
- It needs better functionality with regards to customer refunds and credit notes
- The price of the payroll subscription is too high
- Its flexibility of setup has been invaluable for getting my client's set up for ease of use, productivity and increasing benefits they get out of the product.
- QuickBooks Pro,Wave,mas90,PC Law,Accpac,MYOB
Over the years I have used many different forms of accounting software and in my opinion Sage 50 is hands down the best for small business! It is much more reliable than its main competitor QuickBooks because of its audit trail and safety features that protect the data from user errors. I have seen too many messed up books in QuickBooks because it allows the user to post entries erroneously into the wrong year or the wrong account (ie - control accounts, etc.).
I highly recommend it for any small business, though the basic format of invoicing is limited and may not suit certain business who require multiple subtotals for progress billing.
Using Sage 50
1 - Owner & operator - 1 person operation
As a member of the Sage Accountants Network, they treat us like royalty and clearly appreciate our opinions and value our time.