Sage 500 ERP
Updated August 19, 2015
Sage 500 ERP
Score 7 out of 10
- Enterprise Edition
Overall Satisfaction with Sage 500 ERP
We currently use Sage 500 in purchasing and in the finance/accounting department.
- Accounting uses the application for tracking all financial transactions and how it affects our general ledger. This is one of the strengths of the package.
- Purchasing uses the software to create, issue and track purchase orders. Another area of strength of the application.
- We will start using the tool to keep track of inventory quantities. i have used Sage 500 in a prior firm for this purpose and, I believe, it does an excellent job of this also.
- The biggest concern/complaint of Sage 500 users is speed. Some of the screen take a while to load.
- The user interface needs some refreshing. Screens need to be updated to take advantage of shortcuts and to be more intuitive.
- I have been involved in two conversions to Sage 500. One went very well, because the companies processed were very specific and detailed. The second did not go very well but this is not because of the software. There were too many things that they wanted to use the software for and it was not designed to handle that particular function.
- Employee efficiency has increased by using the application. Information is at the employees fingertip, so whenever an employee needs an answer, the information is readily available in the application views.