Overall Satisfaction with VMware Horizon (formerly VMware View)
We use VMware [Horizon (formerly VMware View)] for our VDI environment to provide standardized desktops, using linked clones. We also host View desktops for our clients. This solves the problem of deployment and management of multiple OS instances. We update just one golden image to deploy a patch or new application version.
- Fast deployment
- Simplifies management
- Reduces latency to datacenter applications
- High learning curve for support
- Can be expensive for licensing and hardware requirements
- We needed to expand our datacenter footprint to support the hardware requirements
- We decreased deployment of new software and patches significantly
- We reduced help desk tickets.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenDesktop)
Far more cost effective.
Do you think VMware Horizon delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VMware Horizon's feature set?
Did VMware Horizon live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of VMware Horizon go as expected?
Would you buy VMware Horizon again?