Likelihood to Recommend
Cloudinary handles pretty much anything you have related to images. From serving them up efficiently to adding transformations on the fly, there's really little this service doesn't do. Their pricing plans allow you to grow into the right levels and their website dashboards are very helpful. I would easily recommend this for all but the simplest of use cases.
- Cloudinary is the best in the market for photo and video transformations.
- Cloudinary takes customer's requests for special features and implements them very quickly.
- Their API does require URLs that can get quite lengthy and not always easy to parse on sight.
- Documentation on how transformations work and what they actually do to your image could be clearer (what does force_strip actually mean?).
- Although a free tier exists and is quite generous, should you need to acquire a premium plan for your needs the pricing at scale can climb quickly.
Based on 2 answers
Cloudinary seemed to be the most sophisticated with the most documentation and platform support. Other solutions seemed to be a lot harder to implement, however, due to the good documentation and API samples on their GitHub we were able to implement it nicely. Additionally, they have a lot of really well-known brands using them like Wired, Sky News, and eBay which gave us a lot of confidence that this was a good robust solution to use and to help others with
Analyst in EngineeringInternet Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Images are essential to our product and using Cloudinary has allowed us to serve them up in a cost-effective and efficient way. Not having to worry about your images frees you up to tackle the real challenges for your product.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?