December 20, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cloudinary
We are using Cloudinary for our Timeline feature. People post photos and videos, and we transform them to generate different variants for different device groups with better compression. It is used by the Engineering team in the server-side generation of photo/video variant generations. It helps us in optimizing the size of photos and making the user experience better. Network bandwidth gets reduced with it.
- Cloudinary is the best in the market for photo and video transformations.
- Cloudinary takes customer's requests for special features and implements them very quickly.
- Pricing is a bit high, and this is the area where they need to adjust.
- They are great in scaling but they may need to do bit more for infinite scaling.
- It is best for generating optimal photo/video variants.
- Network bandwidth decreased, and UX became much better.
We evaluated Bitmovin, Fastly, Anvato, etc. There is no one solution that gives both photo/video transformation with realtime availability.
Do you think Cloudinary delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cloudinary's feature set?
Did Cloudinary live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cloudinary go as expected?
Would you buy Cloudinary again?