Likelihood to Recommend
As I mention throughout the review, Oasis montaj shines both for processing and visualizing data while working with gravimetric data . It's 2D and 3D geologic basement models can be really detailed and, depending on the interpreter, can be really accurate. Plus, they can serve as an excellent tool for oil exploration when integrating them with seismic and well log information. Since it is an expensive software, small companies or universities with low budgets would be better using other programming tools.
- Geological basement modeling both in 2D and in 3D.
- Processing and quality control on geophysical, geochemical and geological data.
- Data both in the database or uploaded is provided through a spreadsheet and an integrated profile display window, so it is extremely easy to visualize the information or modify it.
- The learning curve can be a little steep at first.
- It is an expensive software, so there are several alternative options that require more programming but are cheaper or free.
- It requires lots of processing power for it to work smoothly.
Return on Investment
- Using oasis montaj allowed to work on several projects for gravimetric data interpretation that represented a great profit for our business.
- Oasis was an excellent learning tool that brought profit to our university since all the work we did were actual problems that when solved generated profit for the faculty
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?