Likelihood to Recommend
If you need to perform static application security testing (SAST) and low price is not a problem, then Veracode is a good choice. The speed of the static analysis could also be increased. It is, however, one of the few tools available that can analyze the bytecode of a .Net web application and provide very good analysis of the application. The generated report is also quite good, even though it appears everyone wants a report based on PCI problems, even if your application does not deal with any financial information.
- Extremely efficient for large amount of code as it scans and saves time and resources.
- Report given about security of the application is detailed and very easy to work on.
- Secure application and ensures code is safe.
Employee in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 10,001+ employees
- The only suggestion I have is for them to establish a Security Consulting arm where customers could engage them, as a paid service, for establishing overall security programs. With that said Veracode is very generous with their time even if not being paid.
Based on 6 answers
Veracode support is usually accurate and they get back to us quickly. The technical support team is very knowledgeable not only on how Veracode platform works but also in terms of different use cases and clients' expectations. I have always had very positive results when I needed to engage with support and the ability to solve problems and keep track of those issues is amazing.
Manager in OtherComputer Software Company, 201-500 employees
Secure AssistShiftleftCoverityThings Veracode does better than the other tools:
- Fewer false positives
- Faster scans
- Language support
- Covers security and license risks related to OSS
Return on Investment
- Identifying 3rd-party vulnerability issues before shipping software to the production site is a huge win for us.
- Resolving potential malicious code found from SCA scan helps tremendously as well.
Engineer in Information TechnologyMedical Device Company, 10,001+ employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?