Online Voting Systems
Voting 4 Schools, an app in Software 4 Schools product line, is designed for voting in student elections or campus surveys.
Simply Voting Inc. is a specialized provider of secure hosted online elections.
Invote simplifies the whole election process and enables voter participation from anywhere on any device.
nVotes is an online voting platform.
Survey & Ballot Systems' myDirectVote is an online voting tool.
Vogo is an online election voting platform. Voting can be done on any device.
What are Online Voting Systems?
Online voting systems are designed to help the average citizen with voting registration, ballot casting, and counting votes during elections. Organizations have remote access to these features, allowing for a much easier voting process. These systems may be offered as a standalone solution or as part of a suite meant to assist with the voting process.
Online voting systems save a lot of time on registration. They may encourage people to vote by simplifying the process, making it easier to register and cast a ballot. Users can also track individuals who haven’t registered or participated in the election. Online voting systems have the potential to improve voter outreach and turnout.
Another benefit of these systems is accuracy in counting votes. Online voting systems reduce the possibility of human error and bias. They have become a key factor in enhancing our democratic process.
Online Voting Systems Features
Online voting systems include these features:
- Real-time voting
- Voter alerts & notifications
- Result accessibility
- Vote customization
- Enhanced security
- Secret or public ballot capabilities
- Vote audit reports
Online voting systems comparison
When comparing online voting systems, consider the following factors:
- Type of organization: Some of the online voting systems are meant to support particular organizations, such as schools. Make sure that the product is capable of effectively assisting your organization.
- Ease of Use: Because of the convenience these products offer, it’s important that they are not too complicated for potential voters and registrants. This may discourage individuals from participating in elections.
- Deployment: Some online voting systems are cloud-based systems, while others are designed for mobile use.
Pricing for online voting systems depends on the number of features. Some products also charge according to the amount of voters. The cost ranges from $5 to $10 per user. Other factors that affect the price include the length of the contract, profit vs. non-profit, monthly vs. annual billing, and advanced features such as weighted voting and question filtering. Contact the vendor to receive more pricing information.