Reviews (1-4 of 4)
I am a consultant to the T-Mobile organization from Capgemini. Accurev is being used as version control tool for our source code. It is being used across the whole organization. It provides us one place for most current version of our code if the same code is being worked by multiple people in the same team. It also has multiple streams to control approval process between all groups.
- One place for most recent code with history, avoid any conflict/confusion among other team/members.
- Stream/Workflow approach to control approval process betwen all the teams, which I couldn't find in other version control tools I worked.
- Bundle our code in a small group (called, Issues in Accurev) to differentiate between different projects.
- The tool allows duplicate file name, if both are present in different directories. This creates confusion if multiple people are working on the same file. It should at least produce a warning.
Read Nishant Bilaiya's full review
This is one of the best version control tools I have used.
July 28, 2014
Score 6 out of 10
AccuRev has a unique way of showing different branches of code. I like the way code can be promoted with a drag and drop. It is great for projects with many developers were code merges can't be avoided.
Read Jason Vroustouris's full review
I like it for complicated merging. Since many competing tools are free I think the project needs to be medium to large and have 5+ developers to justify the cost.
April 17, 2017
Score 1 out of 10
It is used for version control across several projects in my organization.
- Creation of streams & workspaces are easy.
- Easy integration with other bug tracking or tasking tools like JIRA.
- File comparison and history is possible.
- Project creation and setup is easy.
Read this authenticated review
Very slow and not intuitive; it would be my last choice for version control systems.The UI is a little confusing at times and seems a little outdated. It needs a lot of improvement. It is suited for small projects and fewer number of projects. But if there are huge projects and many projects to be maintained in a portfolio, its a little hard to manage.
July 23, 2014
Score 4 out of 10
AccuRev's main purpose in our organization is for version control. It is being used by the whole department (30 people). The business problems it addresses is basically being able to make changes to files everyone has access to and make sure there are no overlaps in changes.
- Overall strong user interface.
- Overall layout and icons seem easy to follow and pickup
- Merging interface - Easy to follow
- Ability to zoom in/out for stream-view. We currently have many streams/substreams and unable to view the entire workflow. Zooming in/out would benefit.
- Being a designer, I use Adobe Flash and SWF files. When updating the SWF files, Accurev does not see these files as being changed and you will be unable to promote. In order to push changes, you must totally rename the SWF file.
Read this authenticated review
Are you familiar with the Command Line? If so Git may be a better alternative.
AccuRev Scorecard Summary
AccuRev, a software configuration management offering, is now owned and supported by Micro Focus since the December 2013 acquisition.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
AccuRev Technical Details