Updated September 30, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with AccuRev
I am a consultant to the T-Mobile organization from Capgemini. Accurev is being used as version control tool for our source code. It is being used across the whole organization. It provides us one place for most current version of our code if the same code is being worked by multiple people in the same team. It also has multiple streams to control approval process between all groups.
- One place for most recent code with history, avoid any conflict/confusion among other team/members.
- Stream/Workflow approach to control approval process betwen all the teams, which I couldn't find in other version control tools I worked.
- Bundle our code in a small group (called, Issues in Accurev) to differentiate between different projects.
- The tool allows duplicate file name, if both are present in different directories. This creates confusion if multiple people are working on the same file. It should at least produce a warning.
- Better team coordination.
- Avoid confusion by having one place for all documentation and code.
- Better project management by having different work streams.