https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/4z/oQ/4FM8NMHTWVE9.pngA Flash From the Past!My company and I use Adobe Flash on a daily basis. We've used Adobe Flash for about the past 9 years give or take. We use the software across the entire organization. We primarily use the software to embed marketing content on our website. We also use it to stream the videos we produce. For media and graphics work, this is a great software.,Secured streaming across mobile devices (enhanced security goes a long way in today's environment) Encompasses animation features and Javascript (depending on what you're using it for, this can be a HUGE benefit) Compatible with most web browsers (widely used by others) Easy to use - Very user-friendly,Slow support to remedy glitches. There are frequent updates, but many don't seem to fix the underlying problems in the software Not all programs work well with Adobe. It would be nice to see wider compatibility Adobe Flash can require a lot of capacity on your device to run smoothly,8,Discontinued support is coming in 2020. Beware if you're planning to invest a lot of time in this software Having a single license means it is not very expensive - especially for a larger company size Works well with Mac and PC. We are primarily Mac users - we have seen a positive ROI on both platforms,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Apple iCloud, Microsoft 365 Business, Amazon Cloud DriveAdobe Flash ReviewAdobe Flash is used widely throughout our company, specifically by our Stategic Partnership team for various marketing campaigns. In my department specifically, marketing, we use Flash a lot to make our clients' experiences more interesting and interactive. It also makes it easier to watch videos, stream webinars and has improved our video chat,I love that Flash enables my internet browsers to expand their capabilities because it really makes websites come to life. Flash allows cross-functionality under all platforms and is visually consistent across all browsers From Marketing perspective, the creative ability of Flash is exceptional. If used properly, the animation features such as moving pictures, words and sounds around help create flashy projects.,There are too many updates and they are constantly popping up - especially during the middle of a projects, which causes me to shut down the application and restart the program. Wastes time. There is no mobile browser or device support. Limits a lot of projects - especially apps. Flash player can require a lot of RAM and battery,7,It was a good investment in the beginning, but since there is no mobile support it is quickly dying out and being used less and less single client license - Is not expensive and is super efficient for any size company Very compatible across different platforms - we use both PC & Mac in my company and never have any issues,HTML,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Campaign, Adobe PhotoshopEasy to use; allows novice users to create meaningful and sophisticated content!My law firm uses adobe flash to embed content (mostly marketing content) on our website. It allows us to easily add multimedia to our various online channels. It addresses a recurring problem we have of attempting to combine multiple media onto a single web-based platform for marketing purposes and we love it.,Simple to use with user-friendly controls Code snippets allow novice users to code Allows me to combine multiple media assets easily,Limited 3D capability We find many handheld cell phones can't support our adobe flash materials Can take time to load media as it is a heavy program,8,Absolutely a positive return on investment - our marketing always does better with animated features. It gives our entire firm a meaningful reputation as being open to new and advancing technology and not shying away from it as things advance. Allows us to pull content creators from our internal staff that are not particularly skilled in coding but can use the easy-to-use Adobe platform.,Audacity,Thomson Reuters Westlaw, Intapp Time, JabberMy Adobe Flash ReviewAdobe Flash is software that is used to stream and/or view video, audio and multimedia on a computer or supported mobile device. My company, in general, uses Adobe Flash because we stream and view videos that our brands produce in other countries and have to stream them here so we can generate them, change its language and add the appeal to our U.S. consumers.,Adobe Flash is used more in the advertising industry today which is good for me due to I am in the marketing department at my job. It shows graphics and texts with animations. The app also permits streaming of both video and audio clips. Adobe Flash and its latest program is designed to deliver engaging video and audio playbacks, universal reach and the very best user experience, this helps Adobe Flash with its consistent and loyal user base. Adobe Flash is compatible with many different browsers, which is overall a great tool for multiple companies running with different browsers.,Certain websites, platforms and applications that use Adobe Flash technology have always seemed to be slower than the sites that do not use it. Those who want to use flash to watch and/or stream movies, in order to watch these movies with the Adobe Flash application, Flash Player needs to be installed. A lot of people now do not want to download more applications to their computer due to space and viruses. Accessibility is a concern with Flash. Things need to be properly coded and someone who is not well versed in Adobe Applications, might have issues with things like changing text and/or having alternative text.,7,SynfigUnfortunately, Flash is no longer flashy.Adobe Flash is really only used occasionally, if we have a client who still uses Flash. You can put together code snippets without really knowing code. However, times are changing and we are recommending all of our clients remove Flash animations from their websites for many reasons.,Flash allows for unlimited creativity! You can really do whatever you desire and don't feel restricted by the software. It's fairly easy to import assets, and lots of them. Minimal to no programming skills are required - which is especially important because programmers are typically not designers, and vice versa.,Unfortunately, Flash is dying because of compatibility issues. Users are increasingly viewing websites on mobile devices, and Flash animations will not work in these cases. Very soon, almost all of the major browsers will be blocking Flash, which is obviously a problem! Flash provides decent 2D options, but it's pretty limited in 3D capabilities.,1,It was good investment at the time, but is quickly becoming obsolete. Ironically, we now have a great reason to reach out to clients who have Flash on their websites. The crash of Flash is a selling point for a new site altogether. As it's a part of our overall subscription, I don't feel like we're out any money.,HTML5,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Workamajig
Adobe Flash

Adobe Flash Reviews

Adobe Flash
Filter 77 vetted Adobe Flash reviews and ratings
Travis Watts profile photo
September 25, 2018

Adobe Flash Review: "A Flash From the Past!"

• Secured streaming across mobile devices (enhanced security goes a long way in today's environment)
  • Encompasses animation features and Javascript (depending on what you're using it for, this can be a HUGE benefit)
  • Compatible with most web browsers (widely used by others)
  • Easy to use - Very user-friendly
  • Slow support to remedy glitches. There are frequent updates, but many don't seem to fix the underlying problems in the software
  • Not all programs work well with Adobe. It would be nice to see wider compatibility
  • Adobe Flash can require a lot of capacity on your device to run smoothly
Adobe Flash is well suited for developing applications, ads, streaming content, and for creating digital marketing material. We use it primarily for content streaming and/or video, audio. It is easy for "average" computer users to create content. The animation aspect is an entirely different topic. Adobe does a great job with animation features. For this, you would need Adobe Animate Pro.
Read Travis Watts's full review
Emily Sperduto profile photo
February 08, 2018

"Adobe Flash Review"

• I love that Flash enables my internet browsers to expand their capabilities because it really makes websites come to life.
  • Flash allows cross-functionality under all platforms and is visually consistent across all browsers
  • From Marketing perspective, the creative ability of Flash is exceptional. If used properly, the animation features such as moving pictures, words and sounds around help create flashy projects.
  • There are too many updates and they are constantly popping up - especially during the middle of a projects, which causes me to shut down the application and restart the program. Wastes time.
  • There is no mobile browser or device support. Limits a lot of projects - especially apps.
  • Flash player can require a lot of RAM and battery
Adobe flash is best to use for developing applications specifically for desktop and laptop PC websites. We use it a lot with clients who send us content from other countries to stream and/or view video, audio and multimedia. Since there is no mobile browser or device support, it can not be used for any app related projects.

Read Emily Sperduto's full review
Olivia Crellin profile photo
March 21, 2018

Adobe Flash Review: "Easy to use; allows novice users to create meaningful and sophisticated content!"

• Simple to use with user-friendly controls
  • Code snippets allow novice users to code
  • Allows me to combine multiple media assets easily
  • Limited 3D capability
  • We find many handheld cell phones can't support our adobe flash materials
  • Can take time to load media as it is a heavy program
Adobe is particularly well-suited for workplaces that understand its basic functionality but may be lacking in highly-skilled coders or programmers. Adobe continues to successfully bridge the gap between sophisticated users and practical users and makes it easy for novice computer users to create meaningful content and to code proficiently.
Read Olivia Crellin's full review
Rebecca Powell profile photo
February 02, 2018

"My Adobe Flash Review"

• Adobe Flash is used more in the advertising industry today which is good for me due to I am in the marketing department at my job. It shows graphics and texts with animations. The app also permits streaming of both video and audio clips.
  • Adobe Flash and its latest program is designed to deliver engaging video and audio playbacks, universal reach and the very best user experience, this helps Adobe Flash with its consistent and loyal user base.
  • Adobe Flash is compatible with many different browsers, which is overall a great tool for multiple companies running with different browsers.
  • Certain websites, platforms and applications that use Adobe Flash technology have always seemed to be slower than the sites that do not use it.
  • Those who want to use flash to watch and/or stream movies, in order to watch these movies with the Adobe Flash application, Flash Player needs to be installed. A lot of people now do not want to download more applications to their computer due to space and viruses.
  • Accessibility is a concern with Flash. Things need to be properly coded and someone who is not well versed in Adobe Applications, might have issues with things like changing text and/or having alternative text.
Adobe Flash is good to use when you need to create little commercials or ads that use animation on your website or social media. For example, when my brands send me Flash files in their language and or/pertains to their area, I can copy some of their graphics and make my own Flash file but adding in English animation pop up art and/or change the overall music/voice layover into something that will pertain to my U.S. audience.

Also, when I worked for a grocery store chain, I used to make 30 second animation ads that would pop up different items and different prices in a short commercial like video that I would post onto social media.
Read Rebecca Powell's full review
February 05, 2018

Adobe Flash Review: "Unfortunately, Flash is no longer flashy."

• Flash allows for unlimited creativity! You can really do whatever you desire and don't feel restricted by the software.
  • It's fairly easy to import assets, and lots of them.
  • Minimal to no programming skills are required - which is especially important because programmers are typically not designers, and vice versa.
  • Unfortunately, Flash is dying because of compatibility issues. Users are increasingly viewing websites on mobile devices, and Flash animations will not work in these cases.
  • Very soon, almost all of the major browsers will be blocking Flash, which is obviously a problem!
  • Flash provides decent 2D options, but it's pretty limited in 3D capabilities.
Flash is only suited for cases where a client needs to update a Flash animation and doesn't want to part ways with their Flash sites. In most cases, it's just used for a temporary band-aid until a website update is done. Other than that, we really steer our clients in the direction of HTML5. It's here to stay.
Benjamin Yee profile photo
August 16, 2017

Adobe Flash Review: "The Rise and Fall of A Legendary Digital Media Software"

Adobe Flash runtime is used throughout the whole organization, as it is used for most websites, for media and moving graphics. Some of the business problems it addresses depend on the graphics that are needed for the organization, such as diagrams and schematics for different components for certain types of vehicles. We particularly use different Adobe software, such as Reader to manipulate the sizes of the graphics, not as much for using Adobe's professional software, which can be used for animations and movies.
  • Rich media - Adobe's goal for Flash is to "deliver more secure and consistent HD quality video across mobile devices, TVs, and desktops."
  • Good interactivity - Using some of the professional software can allow you to interact with a program, such as games.
  • Vast Browser Compatibility - Flash can be used across most common web browsers, including IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.
  • Bugs and crashes - like most software, sometimes websites run too slow and Flash would crash while loading certain graphics and animations on websites (or stop playing media).
  • Consistent security patches - very critical for Flash, but if you do not have the latest version, vulnerability is likely to happen.
  • Not suitable for mobile websites - you cannot download or use Flash on smartphones, such as iPhones or Android devices.
It is well suited for scenarios for desktop and laptop PC websites, but not if you are wanting to view a Flash website on a mobile device or tablet.
You mainly use it to view digital media, animations, and other graphics that would require Flash. However, if Flash continues to crash when you visit a specific website on a web browser, you would need to either update it or uninstall it and find a better alternative, such as HTML5.
Read Benjamin Yee's full review
August 29, 2017

Adobe Flash Review: "Flash is good in a Flash for App Building"

We use Adobe Flash to stream and view video, audio and multimedia and (RIA) - basically, our digital content across different platforms. We use it instead of standard television or other advertising. I deal with the creative aspects.
  • It's great across platforms for creating media for devices.
  • It's easy to debug and test. This way i know i'm putting out quality.
  • Color coding in the code builder (syntax) helps me visually organize and see my code easily, being a visual person.
  • Gradients in Flash take up too many resources without using an exterior program first. It would be nice to integrate them.
  • Easier preparation of masked objects so they don't have to be brought in from another program without adding to the file size.
  • Better response to overlapping animations.
It's best for developing applications, and not so appropriate for non interactive animations.
Stephen Hustedde profile photo
April 17, 2017

Adobe Flash Review: "Flash is not dead - but now renamed Adobe Animate Pro CC"

I teach classes in Adobe Animate Pro CC (formerly Adobe Flash CC) in our Web & Graphics certificate/degree program. In the beginning class I cover drawing, animating and very basic scripting. In the advanced class I focus much more heavily on programming with ActionScript. I personally use Animate/Flash to create learning materials for classes, animated title sequences for instructional videos, and create front-end apps that utilize a PHP-MySQL backend for data collection. I have created textbook ancillaries and other instructional apps with Flash in the past, as well as Android/iOS apps for personal use.
  • Nice, simple vectored drawing environment (I prefer it to the more complicated Adobe Illustrator for most projects)
  • Animation (this is the main selling point of Flash/Animate Pro)
  • Powerful scripting language (ActionScript), now having the ability to also use JavaScript
  • Better error reporting in testing code
  • Better seamless move from ActionScript to JavaScript
Flash/Animate Pro is well suited for creating animation sequences. Coupled with the drawing capabilities, it is a great environment for cartooning. But I think its greatest feature is the ability to create interactive cross-platform apps for WIndows, Android, and iOS devices. Unfortunately, this is a mostly-hidden ability. Adobe does not market much to this capability nor does the mobile development industry tout Flash/Animate Pro much. Great for prototyping apps as well.
Read Stephen Hustedde's full review
Chris Cookson profile photo
April 17, 2017

Adobe Flash Review: "Flash was a great animation tool, a refusal to change left it as a relic of the past"

It's used primarily as a tool for making ad banners if the kilobyte count is fairly high, otherwise it's used on computers where we don't have a license of ToonBoom Harmony for animation. Harmony is an expensive program and most of the computers here have a license for Adobe Creative Suite so Flash/Animate are fine programs in a pinch but ideally we want something with nicer drawing tools. Usually we get the rough drawings and timing figured out in Flash and then do animation clean-up within Photoshop's timeline tools if Harmony is not available.
  • Easy to learn and get started in.
  • Versatile, it plays nicely between all the programs in the Adobe Suite.
  • A safe environment to learn how to program a game.
  • Drawing tools!! The lines in the brush just look pretty ugly. It would be nice if there was a way to choose between optimizing Flash for online export and to use for video pieces.
  • Program can be unstable and can slow down if you aren't mindful of how you are using it.
  • Many glitches in the program are still present ever since I first started using it nearly 10 years ago.
It's good if you are just starting out, it's easy to learn and the online community and resources around Flash are strong. I was able to get started animating in high school thanks to communities like Newgrounds. Unfortunately when it comes to more advanced options or professional projects, this is where Flash starts to fall apart. The program needs to break free from its early routes as a tool for web applications and either become a strong hand drawn animation tool or become the definitive environment for CreateJS banners.
Read Chris Cookson's full review
Luca Campanelli profile photo
April 17, 2017

Adobe Flash Review: "A good choice"

I used Adobe Flash my first time to make interactions of graphs for interactive dashboards. They were in preparation to make attractive dashboards. I have repeatedly used this feature on objects business dashboards Xcelsius 2008. I have found it really useful because it can import SWF files and you can personalize your dashboards without any problems.
  • Easy to study
  • A lot of documentation on web
  • Stable
  • Some compatibility problems with softwares
  • Interpolations difficult to manage
  • Need time to study its functionality
Adobe Flash is a complete program and as many of you probably already know Flash can be used for multiple situations and needs. For what I need I have never made specific and complex animations, many developers have developed entire web pages using Flash, no matter what your need is, it definitely requires a thorough study of the pros and cons about its purpose and end use.
Read Luca Campanelli's full review
Patrick Daugherty profile photo
March 30, 2017

User Review: "Adobe Flash Is A Gamechanger!"

It's used by our whole company for marketing projects. We use it for video and print projects for previewing and reviewing.
  • It's very easy to use and intuitive per the types of files used.
  • It's easily able to be updated and the communication between Adobe and the user is exceptional.
  • It makes combining various file types quick and simple.
  • There are times when it tries to automatically update in the middle of a project.
  • Updates seem to be constant. Fewer and bigger ones would be nice.
  • Not every program that we use works well with Adobe.
It's very useful for all the multimedia projects that we are constantly involved with everyday. It's a great bridge between all of the different softwares that we use for creating and editing.

It's not always the best for merging together large projects and it will often stop a project because the system needs to update itself.
Read Patrick Daugherty's full review
June 17, 2016

Adobe Flash Review: "Flash is still viable but dying"

Flash was heavily used for certain simulations of software and hardware solutions. It has departmentalized use specific to research and development. In some cases, certain interactions, simulations, and hardware intents can be realized using Flash. It allows for quick implementation, rich interactions, object-orientated code, and web rendering. It's use has been in decline because of the speed we get from other tools and native solutions we use.
  • Fast development
  • Rich interactions and animations
  • Object-oriented code
  • The ability to create projectors again (Win/PC)
  • Security always seems to be an issue
  • Flash seems to be on the designer/developer decline (it has for years)
It's well suited for quick simulations and demos. It's good for very rich web interfaces, video delivery, and games.

Adobe Flash Scorecard Summary