https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/yD/AT/ZGIEFO9C3ZLD.JPEGAriba one of the best solution in Contract ManagementI am part of consulting company who provides consulting and implementation service for procurement solution on the various products including SAP Ariba. As part of this exercise, based on customer's requirement, we do compare various products and provide our suggestions to the customer. There are lots of end customers implementation that we have done for sourcing and Contract Management from Ariba. Any company who is dealing with Vendors and supplier/Buyer would require Contract Management System in place to define the payment terms, legal documents, workflow, and other mutual agreements. And I found Ariba Contract Management solves this need very well.,SAP Ariba has Ariba Supply Chain Network that makes Suppliers/Vendors/Buyers onboarding very easy. Ariba Contract Management is very well integrated with Ariba network and hence sharing contractual documents and information are very easy. SAP Ariba provide integration with SAP ERP which takes out the effort needed to integrate Ariba with SAP. Ariba exposes API and ITK to do integration if your ERP is none SAP.,SAP Ariba Contract Management is the comprehensive solution that has most of the needed functionalities. One thing I would like to add a word of advice that evaluate and discuss all details as per your requirement before you make purchasing decision. Ariba, in general, is not customization friendly and there can be the limitation to the customization you may require as per your requirements. Migration from Ariba to any other tool may not be easy, say after 2-3 years you realize that Ariba is not able to handle all requirements as per your need.,9,N/A,,Workday Human Capital Management, Concur Travel and Expense, Zoom,BothAriba is the best contracting solution for end to end contracts.Ariba is a Contract Lifecycle Management Software which is currently used in most of the organizations like Accenture, BMS etc. It is an end to end solution starting from PRF to Contracts and then procurement and PO's. Ariba is a cloud-based tool and also accepted worldwide. It can also be integrated to any existing ERP tool. Ariba is used in our company to support our client, we assist user as Contract managers and create contracts for them in a different language. We provide complete support for contracts end to end process.,Ariba allows us to automate the workflow. Ariba allows approvers to approve the contracts through email. We can easily obtain reports from the system.,The only point I can think that Ariba can improve is the performance issue. Sometimes it is getting very slow. Other than that Ariba functions very well. In Ariba, assigning facilitators and monitors needs to be simplified. The customer support team should have more admin rights.,9,Ariba is used to maintain good quality and contracting repository. Bulk contracts can't be uploaded in Ariba Ariba is a more reliable SAP tool for end to end contracting solutions.,,BothMy experience in AribaWith Ariba it was possible to consolidate all suppliers in one network.,User friendly Good Support Well Known,Expensive Not so responsive in mobile devices Hard to customize,7,Better compliancy The best business case for using Ariba is the savings you could archive after doing a Spend Analysis Bids more competitives,,AWS Elastic Beanstalk, SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, SAP ERP,BothAriba Contract Manager reviewed by an Ariba SMEIt's used by the entire organization. The direct spend managers use it as a repository. Indirect spend managers use it linked to other Ariba transactions. It ensures all documentation resides within the same environment and becomes available to users. It also creates visibility to the contracts so other users can leverage existing agreements.,It notifies of contract expirations It monitors the spend if the contract is transactable It houses all documents within the same environment,Not very intuitive. User has to dig for information throughout the tabs. Documents should have a preview button instead of us having to open each one of them each time. Contracts cannot be added to existing requisitions.,10,Increased employee efficiency - less time looking for documents or lost contracts. Increased visibility to auditors.,SAP,Buy-side contractsSAP-Ariba SurveyI use it only to make financial transactions with a big business entity easier. I only use it for this. I don't market with it because I don't have the kind of business that lends to this kind of marketing. But, it works great for what I need it for.,It informs me of when my proposals are approved. It lets me electronically invoice my client. It keeps me up to date on the status of my invoices and when they will be paid.,I don't like that they anticipate an annual revenue based on one quarter. Our business is cyclic in nature. This costs us more money in fees than necessary. I never know exactly who to talk to. I've had to figure it out. Set up was a mess. I had several employees that each tried and only one is necessary and when they leave, I have a problem.,8,Don't use it for Contract Management - only for proposals and invoicing.,,Both
Ariba Contract Management

Ariba Reviews

Ariba
Filter 61 vetted Ariba reviews and ratings
Shalindra Singh profile photo
June 25, 2018

Review: "Ariba one of the best solution in Contract Management"

• SAP Ariba has Ariba Supply Chain Network that makes Suppliers/Vendors/Buyers onboarding very easy. Ariba Contract Management is very well integrated with Ariba network and hence sharing contractual documents and information are very easy.
  • SAP Ariba provide integration with SAP ERP which takes out the effort needed to integrate Ariba with SAP.
  • Ariba exposes API and ITK to do integration if your ERP is none SAP.
  • SAP Ariba Contract Management is the comprehensive solution that has most of the needed functionalities. One thing I would like to add a word of advice that evaluate and discuss all details as per your requirement before you make purchasing decision. Ariba, in general, is not customization friendly and there can be the limitation to the customization you may require as per your requirements.
  • Migration from Ariba to any other tool may not be easy, say after 2-3 years you realize that Ariba is not able to handle all requirements as per your need.
Ariba Contract Management is one of the best solution available and if you SAP ERP then I think there is no second thought.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Prabhjyot Singh profile photo
December 14, 2017

Review: "Ariba is the best contracting solution for end to end contracts."

• Ariba allows us to automate the workflow.
  • Ariba allows approvers to approve the contracts through email.
  • We can easily obtain reports from the system.
  • The only point I can think that Ariba can improve is the performance issue. Sometimes it is getting very slow. Other than that Ariba functions very well.
  • In Ariba, assigning facilitators and monitors needs to be simplified.
  • The customer support team should have more admin rights.
I would like to highlight that by using this Ariba Contract lifecycle management tool. It is easy to use this software due to its excellent customer support. Drafting, negotiation and electronic signatures never been so easy to use in one system.
Read Prabhjyot Singh's full review
February 01, 2018

User Review: "My experience in Ariba"

With Ariba it was possible to consolidate all suppliers in one network.
  • User friendly
  • Good Support
  • Well Known
  • Expensive
  • Not so responsive in mobile devices
  • Hard to customize
Ariba is well suited for large companies. But for smaller companies, I recommend another software, one not so complex like Ariba because there will be a lot of Ariba's features that a small company won't use
Adriana Paez profile photo
December 05, 2017

"Ariba Contract Manager reviewed by an Ariba SME"

• It notifies of contract expirations
  • It monitors the spend if the contract is transactable
  • It houses all documents within the same environment
  • Not very intuitive. User has to dig for information throughout the tabs.
  • Documents should have a preview button instead of us having to open each one of them each time.
  • Contracts cannot be added to existing requisitions.

Well suited: when there is an executed agreement with supportind documentation, even if the spend won't be monitored through Ariba, having the contract housed in ACW will allow for auditors to easily find all required documents.

Less appropriate: if there is not a need for an executed agreement and a simple PO/SO can be used as a contract.

Read Adriana Paez's full review
Katherine McGookey profile photo
September 15, 2017

User Review: "SAP-Ariba Survey"

• It informs me of when my proposals are approved.
  • It lets me electronically invoice my client.
  • It keeps me up to date on the status of my invoices and when they will be paid.
  • I don't like that they anticipate an annual revenue based on one quarter. Our business is cyclic in nature. This costs us more money in fees than necessary.
  • I never know exactly who to talk to. I've had to figure it out.
  • Set up was a mess. I had several employees that each tried and only one is necessary and when they leave, I have a problem.
If you have a marketing strategy that work well with this forum, Ariba is a good fit. If you have a client that prefers to use this for proposals, invoices, payments, it's a good fit. If you are just starting out and trying to find the right thing - get organized first and maybe this will be a good fit. It may be too robust for really small businesses.
Read Katherine McGookey's full review
December 10, 2015

Review: "Ariba Contract Management - Very useful if implementation managed properly"

It was used to manage all of our contracts across three business units. It was used to digitally house all of our contracts and any pertinent documents.
  • Digitally storing contracts
  • Tying together related documents
  • Users have a lot of flexibility when inputting information. This can cause for confusion when two co-workers file related documents under two different companies: ie. Acme and ACME
Works great to tie related documents together, so that anything related to one master contract can be easily accessed.
July 07, 2014

"Ariba Review"

Ariba Contract Management is being used as a contract database for all contracts signed. The entire company is able to search for and find any contract entered into.
  • Searching for agreements
  • Customized templates for every situation
  • Reporting capabilities
  • Reporting for all users and not just a select few
  • Response to system problems
  • Technical Customer Service

Contract creation (5)
Contract templates (4)
Clause library/saved fields (4)
Guided logic (3)
Contract sharing (5)
Contract editing (5)
Collaborating on contracts (4)
MS Word plug-in (2)
6.4
Approval process (5)
Interdepartmental workflows (4)
Contract database (5)
Legacy contracts (3)
Contract search (5)
Contract milestone reminders & alerts (4)
Custom contract reports (4)
Tracking contract status (4)
Compliance check (4)

About Ariba

Ariba Contract Management is software that helps legal, finance, procurement, and sales operations professionals tasked with driving contract management to manage all types of agreements, including procurement, sales, and internal contracts. The vendor says that with Ariba Contract Management, companies can develop best-value agreements by addressing the two major components of the contract lifecycle:

• Contract Management from contract request, contract authoring, workflows to address the contracting process, negotiation and approval, and contract execution via electronic signatures

• Commitment Management including all ongoing compliance and performance management through task-driven reminders and search and reporting capabilities as well as contract renewal activities

With Ariba Contract Management, companies can connect directly with customers when creating, negotiating, executing, and managing the ongoing administration of contracts. The vendor’s value proposition is that by using their contract management solution, companies will experience greater efficiency, lower administrative costs, and improved relationships that result in higher value agreements.

The vendor says that what makes their Software-as-a-Service solution unique is that it delivers market leading technology in a fully hosted environment with data security standards that exceed those of any enterprise company.