Confusing for a new user

November 07, 2019

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Axosoft, and make your voice heard!

What is Axosoft?

Axosoft is a software project management solution focused on release planning, process automation, and collaboration capabilities.

What is Jira Software?

JIRA Software is an application lifecycle management solution for software development teams. It allows users to create, prioritize and track the progress of tasks across multiple team members, and offers a wide range of integrations. It is offered via the cloud and local servers.

What is Yamdu?

Short description: Yamdu is a production management software for visual content. It offers tools for all departments and stages of a film, television or commercial production.

Compare with

What is Axosoft?

What is Axosoft's best feature?

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 8.

Who uses Axosoft?

The most common users of Axosoft are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Services industry.

November 07, 2019

Confusing for a new user

We use Axosoft in our support, sales, and in my department for IT. I can't comment too much on the other departments but for IT we use it for help desk ticketing.
  • Although I haven't delved in super deep it looks pretty customizable. You can get the UI to show exactly what you want.
  • A bit hard to use, or a steep learning curve. The UI isn't super intuitive at first, it took me awhile to pick it up and I had to get someone to basically show me what they recommend I set my filters and UI to.
  • This might be a case of improper setup but when making tickets, there isn't an auto response, so we get a lot of duplicate tickets if a conversation happens on the emails before someone takes the case and replies through OnTime.
I think Axosoft is good if you can take the time to train users, and maybe have a pro implementation team to get everyone set up the way they need to be. It just needs to be more intuitive on its own.
Axosoft is a useful tool across all our departments for project management. Axosoft is customizable so that we can categorize and organize workloads for all departments to fit our needs and to follow our process. It helps us organize and visualize projects and build estimates on how long things take with burndown charts to let us know we are hitting our tagets.
  • Customizable workflow steps help organize projects
  • Time tracking down to seconds helps to estimate sprints
  • Burndown charts let you know when to plan your next release
  • The auto refresh option causes the screen to scroll back to the top of the page which causes you to loose your spot when reading long tickets.
  • Occasionally the CSS fails to load properly we usually have to restart the web server to fix it.
  • The pagination doesn't prioritize grouped by items so that you don't get all the items you want on the screen easily.
Axosoft is well suited as a project management tool for software teams looking to track workloads. Great tool for categorizing features, tasks, bugs, or a customized category into sprints. Companies can take advantage of the tracking aspects to create burndown charts or just to track employee time. I would say it is less appropriate for small task management like a to-do list type application because it has so many features that would go to waste. Furthermore, Axosoft is more geared towards development teams, but you could use it across departments if needed.
We use Axosoft as our Scrum Management system across our entire organization. This software has helped us get our arms fully around each of our sprints and projects to ensure deliverables are met. Additionally, this software gives us visibility to the entire project - what is needed, what is required, what items are being blocked, etc.
  • Sprint Planning - clear schedule views, easy to manipulate
  • Reporting - ability to filter on multiple sets of criteria
  • Logging - detailed audit trails to see what comments, changes, edits were made by whom and when
  • Timing Out - when editing a story or bug, occasionally Axosoft will time out and all changes will be lost
  • Viewing past sprints can be hard to locate
  • Multiple users within a Story - Axosoft could do a better job managing multiple users on the same story
  • User Interface isn't entirely user friendly and looks a bit outdated
Axosoft is perfect for a small software company that develops a specific and singular product. It is easy to use when managing projects and sprints with multiple users. Axosoft is great across an entire organization so all can have visibility to upcoming projects, releases, and sprints. I don't recommend Axosoft for a larger organization across multiple departments - too much room for human error. Though perhaps across ONE department in a large organization, Axosoft would be appropriate.