Barracuda Sentinel Reviews

July 29, 2020

Barracuda Sentinel is a Game Changer

Sentinel is being used across our enterprise. It is addressing the problem we were having with phishing and spear-phishing.
  • Phishing prevention; Sentinel has reduced our instances of phishing by some absurd number. Previously we were no only "underwater" when it came to phishing, we were drowning in it. This product reduced that number by upwards of 95%.
  • spear-phishing prevention; see above.
  • User detection; using the free trial, Sentinel examined our network for the better part of 24-hours, our O365 instance, not our network. The product was able to a 100% rate identify all of the critical users in our firm AND show the number of hits they recently endured.
  • The free trial not only ID'd critical users (people who had signature authority, spending authority, etc.) but it also started intercepting phishing attempts. When I went to sell this to my boss, I had a stack of over 60 attempts over a month to show her proof that the product worked.
  • The product is pretty solid so I am not sure how it can be improved. One thing I noticed recently, I am not getting the emails back from Sentinel when I send in a "miss". Used to be I got an email back saying "sorry we missed this, we are improving." That does happen anymore, so I am assuming that when I send a miss, the AI is getting better.
  • I would expand this to cover all kinds of email fraud like ransomware and spam rather than creating another product.
I am not sure how I can put this any more clearly, until we deployed this product we were swamped by phish and spear-phishing attacks. After testing the free version, I had all the info I needed to sell this to my boss; the product ID'd users and it started blocking attempts. I walked in with a stack of 60+ blocks and told my boss, "we need this." She agreed to pay for it and overnight our phishing and spear-phishing attempts dropped by 75%+. From where we were, to where we are now, with the AI learning our users and our environment, these attempts have dropped by 90-95%+. An amazing product.

Barracuda Sentinel Scorecard Summary

About Barracuda Sentinel

Business Email Compromise, account takeover, and spear phishing are the leading email-borne threats to business data and reputation. Traditional email security gateways can’t stop these threats. Sentinel is designed to protect businesses in real time with zero IT administration.

Barracuda Sentinel Competitors