Reviews (1-1 of 1)
March 26, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
We are using CA Application Test to set up our manual and automated test suites for APIs. We also used this tool for setting up and managing test data which is very crucial for any test automation set up. We also used this tool extensively to implement service virtualization which really helps us to get started with testing a lot earlier (Shift Left approach) and minimizes the downtime in test environments. It also helps us in dealing with third-party web services.
- It immensely helps to change your entire testing lifecycle approach and to implement Shift Left approach with the extensive emphasis on testing the api's.
- This is a great tool to implement Service virtualization for your and/or third-party web services. This will ensure we have 100% environment availability and consistency for automation and performance test environments.
- This tool also helps you with test data setup and management which is a very crucial piece of test automation.
- It also helps us to implement performance testing for apis using the Blazemeter.
- This tool comes with a license cost and not free. Many open source tools offer free api testing solution and so making some functionality of this tool as open source would be good
- Load testing piece is not integrated with in the tool and rather uses Blaze meter which is free.
- Some integration with UI and api testing will make this tool even more attractive
Read this authenticated review
IF you are looking for api testing solution along with service virtualization, then look no further than this tool. This tool also forces you to move your testing lifecycle to much earlier phases of development which helps overall SDLC.