January 26, 2018
Review: "Intronis ECHOplatform for managing all of your backup software, backup appliance, and Essentials installations"
Score 8 out of 10
ECHOplatform is the cloud console for managing Intronis software installations. In order to manage my backup solutions, appliances, and Barracuda Essentials subscriptions, they're all in one handy console.
- Centralized console for all Intronis backup software installations
- Linked connection to the Barracuda Cloud Control console to manage essentials and backup appliances
- Alerting from backup software can range from simple to complex as well as schedule options
- Purchasing and activating Barracuda Backup appliances via Intronis complicates the process as appliances use the Barracuda Cloud Console for management.
- Intronis Backup software could use some improvement on reliability as it requires massaging more often than the Barracuda Backup appliances.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
If a backup solution is needed without purchasing an appliance, the Intronis solution does a great job of backing up data and replicating to the cloud. The backup is restricted by total data, so any databases and other items are covered as long as it's under the total data cap.