January 08, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We are currently implementing the Ethos Framework, which is a significant feature upgrade to the Ellucian Colleague environment we run onsite. While not fully implemented yet, we are seeing how the Framework will add value to our customers by providing an easier integration model and data analysis features than we currently have. The number of point-of-origin data sets has grown over the past few years, and we have struggled to keep up with integrating these disparate sources. The demand for a single consistent point of reporting has grown in addition to being far behind in our analysis needs. Ethos Framework looks to fill these roles admirably. We have been able to integrate it with Microsoft Power BI for some basic test reports as well.
- Out of the box integration: As an existing Ellucian customer, having a system that is already built is spectacular.
- Customization: We can take various other sources and create models for those or add them to existing models
- Analysis: Provides a feature set that is often difficult to obtain for smaller companies.
- Cost: Basic integration piece is included for free, analysis piece is extra
- Operational reporting: This does not replace or provide an easy platform for operational reports or warehousing. It would be nice if they provided a full stack.
- Learning curve: Training and documentation are minimal.
Read Stephen Swan's full review
Existing or new Ellucian customers would greatly benefit from including the Ethos Framework into the software environment. The minor costs involved in time and analysis will provide a lot of dividends. Those who are not Ellucian customers would find better environments with other major vendors, as all the development would need to be handled in house.