Reviews (1-5 of 5)
February 20, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
Our FortiMail is being used to filter every piece of mail that comes in and out of our organization. It addresses the large amounts of spam we used to get, as well as helps ensure we do not receive any viruses in the mail like we used to with our old provider. We went from having 4 crypto locker viruses in 1 year, to no crypto locker viruses in 4 years.
Read Cody McNeill's full review
FortiMail is well suited to any mail using business. Even if you use O365, it's still a great investment as you can catch things that Office may not catch. I would not recommend not having some sort of email protection in this day and age, and if anyone is looking for one, FortiMail has helped me the most out of all the other options I've tried.
November 11, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
It is the corporate email system. We have not had any problems with it. It has been wonderful to work with that appliance. The only disadvantage is that it is very straightforward when dimensioning the size of the mailboxes and their backup system. However, in these two years, we have never had to perform any restoration, it is very stable.
- Protects email (virus, spam, ransomware).
- Webmail is intuitive.
- Stable platform.
- Integration with other FortiGate products.
- Customize the size of an email inbox.
- Improve email analysis when sent to an email alias.
- Be able to present storage directly to the appliance. Make it not a closed operating system.
Read Daniel J. Canto Bonilla's full review
For medium/large companies, it is ideal. We have a large volume of emails (+ 5000 per day) and we were worried about performance, however, as of today we have not had any problems.
We use FortiMail throughout our global enterprise. Email is a common way for cyber criminals to attack and FortiMail does a good job at minimizing the threat.
- FortiMail adds another layer of protection to attack through emails.
- FortiMail is very flexible and and can be tuned to your needs.
- FortiMail is very easy to set up and configure.
- Occasionally the bulk mail folder needs to be manually refreshed in order to see all the emails that are contained in there.
Read Tom Parker's full review
FortiMail is well suited for any organization or business of medium size or larger.
FortiMail is used as a proxy for inbound email before going to Exchange. We use it to filter spam inbound and outbound. Fortinet is one of the leaders in security, and we think that they are a very good choice to scan for spam, but also virus, malware, fishing, etc. We do not use the mailbox function.
Read Tommy Boucher's full review
I don't think that FortiMail is the best option as an email server, but for spam and malware filtering, this is very good. It can be integrated with many other Fortinet products, including online services. It doesn't add too much latency since the process is very fast, and the upgrades are seamless.
December 19, 2017
Score 8 out of 10
Fortimail is used across our entire organization. It is used as our main mail filter and solves our spam issues. It does an effective job of filtering out email attachments that contain malware and viruses. As a result, it keeps our users safe from malicious content that can potentially do harm to our network.
- Filters out spam and malware effectively, and places potential spam in quarantine for review.
- Spam definitions get updated on a daily basis to combat new types of spam.
- Ability to set up keywords to filter from incoming emails and blacklist/whitelist domains.
- Often times there are false-positive emails that get sent to quarantine, even though they are not spam.
- Needs quite a bit of tuning initially to get it to work effectively.
- Have to whitelist domains that may get blocked regardless if they are sending spam.
Read this authenticated review
FortiMail is useful for small businesses and large companies. If you are looking to filter inbound and outbound email, then it will do an effective job of keeping your network safe. The virus, malware, spam definitions are updated on a daily basis and will help any company that is looking to eliminate spam and malware.
FortiMail Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
FortiMail is an email messaging security platform, from Fortinet headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.
Categories: Secure Email Gateway
FortiMail Technical Details