As the name implies it's a SIEM solution which aggregates all the system generated logs into a single pane of view combined with some analytics resulting in actionable intelligence. By nature, it'll make it easier for the security team to stay on top of the important incidents that are reported by the information systems that support an organization. This can be viewed as a good investment for any company who has to work with fewer human resources due to financial constraints.
- Log aggregation and analytics
- Device inventory and remote management .
- It can be used by Managed Security Providers who have multiple customers as it offers multi organization support .
- Non-intuitive/unattractive user interface
- Too many features that will usually remain unused
- Very crowded (too many icons) portal
- The reporting feature is confusing, e.g. you have to click on the "refresh" button to get the result of your inquiry. The report generation process can be much easier, as the user interaction is not pleasant.
FortiSIEM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
FortiSIEM Technical Details